The Promised Land:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Imo) Fruit has everything to do with Gods promise. I’m not sure how you can say Fruit has nothing to do with Gods promise. When it is everything for it is Gods Will that you (they) bear Fruit.
Show me in genesis where God told Abraham, Isaacor Jacob that they must bear fruit to receive or keep the land.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me in genesis where God told Abraham, Isaacor Jacob that they must bear fruit to receive or keep the land.
Don’t make this about works …the Fruit of the Spirit of God is exactly what it says it is …the Fruit Bourne of the Spirit of God. No one is saying it is the works of the flesh. Or that God said to them you must bear Fruit to receive the Promise ..but instead: you must be born again of God. It is the Fruit of the Spirit in and by Christ out from what God planted in the earth. Where no man can plant anything other than that which God planted which is Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t make this about works …the Fruit of the Spirit of God is exactly what it says it is …the Fruit Bourne of the Spirit of God. No one is saying it is the works of the flesh. Or that God said to them you must bear Fruit to receive the Promise ..but instead: you must be born again of God. It is the Fruit of the Spirit in and by Christ out from what God planted in the earth. Where no man can plant anything other than that which God planted which is Christ.
You will have to excuse me but you made it about works. Not me.

You said fruit is required for Israel to get the land. Please show me where God made this a requirment when he gave them the land..

being born again is not a requirement to recieve the land of Israel In the Middle East..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course He did, however there is a time when they shall inhabit that land and that time is not now. For now Israel has been given a new land.
israel is being punished that is why she is not in peace. They wre not given a new land. They are scattered Like God said they would be.

But he will restore them

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
israel is being punished that is why she is not in peace. They wre not given a new land. They are scattered Like God said they would be.

But he will restore them
Israel to have a new home. 2nd Sam. 7:10; 1st Chron. 17:9.

Israel's home to be north-west of Palestine. Isa. 49:12; Jer. 3:18.

You like many other Christians believe any people that occupy that land and call themselves Jews must be Israel.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ou will have to excuse me but you made it about works. Not me.

You said fruit is required for Israel to get the land. Please show me where God made this a requirment when he gave them the land..
That is not what I said “fruit is required for Israel to get the land”
1) we see the land promised unto them of God, differently. If I was speaking of a literal plot of land then, yes, maybe you took it as something they need to do to receive that plot of land. But that is not what I said… I asked what is the Fruit of the ground God plants His seed into? I keep waiting for you to refer to the Fruit of the Spirit of God, saying, “that is the Fruit” planted of God…mercy, love, trust, patience, forgiveness, brotherly love, Faith…Then I would ask “what is the Land”that bears the Fruit of the Spirit of God? see?

being born again is not a requirement to recieve the land of Israel In the Middle East..
I think you’re getting anxious over assuming this is assuming God lied about the land of Promise. Asking repeatedly “did God lie to Israel about the Land He promised unto them?”

Consider did He lie about they will not lack for a King to sit on the throne?

I’m anxious too so I’m waking away to go get some things done. I’m not meaning to say “Let God be a liar but every man true.” But the opposite “Let God be true. And every man a liar.” If God did indeed mean the land you think He meant as the promised land…then it will be true. I only hate for you to spend years and wake up one day to realize, what’s the Fruit ….matters.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But he will restore them
They are not at peace because they are not Israel. What does the scriptures say regarding this?

Israel's home to be invincible to outside forces. 2nd Sam. 7:10; Isa. 41:11-14.

Isaiah 32:18 – “My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.”

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel to have a new home. 2nd Sam. 7:10; 1st Chron. 17:9.

Israel's home to be north-west of Palestine. Isa. 49:12; Jer. 3:18.

You like many other Christians believe any people that occupy that land and call themselves Jews must be Israel.
I could care less about the people there. I care about what God said will happen in the future

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what I said “fruit is required for Israel to get the land”
1) we see the land promised unto them of God, differently. If I was speaking of a literal plot of land then, yes, maybe you took it as something they need to do to receive that plot of land. But that is not what I said… I asked what is the Fruit of the ground God plants His seed into? I keep waiting for you to refer to the Fruit of the Spirit of God, saying, “that is the Fruit” planted of God…mercy, love, trust, patience, forgiveness, brotherly love, Faith…Then I would ask “what is the Land”that bears the Fruit of the Spirit of God? see?

I think you’re getting anxious over assuming this is assuming God lied about the land of Promise. Asking repeatedly “did God lie to Israel about the Land He promised unto them?”

Consider did He lie about they will not lack for a King to sit on the throne?

I’m anxious too so I’m waking away to go get some things done. I’m not meaning to say “Let God be a liar but every man true.” But the opposite “Let God be true. And every man a liar.” If God did indeed mean the land you think He meant as the promised land…then it will be true. I only hate for you to spend years and wake up one day to realize, what’s the Fruit ….matters.
We are not discussing the spiritual land given to all of Gods people

we are talking about a plot of land God gave to a nation of people.

if we can not get this straight. we have no root to discuss

Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are not at peace because they are not Israel. What does the scriptures say regarding this?

Israel's home to be invincible to outside forces. 2nd Sam. 7:10; Isa. 41:11-14.

Isaiah 32:18 – “My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.”
Scripture says there will be a temple. in which the man of sin will enter the most holy place and place an abomination of desolation.

so forgive me if I do not agree with you

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says there will be a temple. in which the man of sin will enter the most holy place and place an abomination of desolation.

so forgive me if I do not agree with you
I agree, 2 Thess 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure he does.

But I am talking about God keeping his promise to a nation of people he made to abraham
I understand, And God always keeps his promises. However, those people are not of Abraham. If a million Africans took over Jerusalem and started calling themselves Jews, would you believe they are of Abraham?

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and you know they are not from abraham how?
Many many reasons.
They do not accept Jesus, they believe they are the Messiah. They also don’t believe the words of Paul.

Jesus said spoke about a group that claim to be Jews but they are liars.

They said they have never been in bondage, but Israel was in bondage in Egypt.

They haven’t fulfilled any of the prophecies concerning Israel.

Many many reasons….

Reactions: rwb

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This the actions of a bully on the forum.

Oh well, so be it.

You project your own actions upon me, and by this same measure it will be measured back to you.