The proof of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
While I believe in predestination and OSAS.... Ihave to ask a question: What good is that knowledge that it exists?

God has written 66 books that tell us what we must do. Despite all our arguing over doctrine, God has provided the answer. If we do them, we're in the clear... If not, well...

My point is not to debate those doctrines (not in this thread) but to ask what we do with the knowledge that if we follow them we are saved. Why? Because you must run the race till the end.

No one (including me) ever says we will lose faith and forsake God. Yet it happens. God gave us a plan. He didn't give us certificates, diplomas or championship rings. Those will come. But he doesn't give them out ahead of time.

He knows who will get them. He predestinated us to get them. He declared it before Gen 1:1. But he never told us. Otherwise, we wouldn't run the race.

OSAS is real. Once Damned, Always Damned is also real. God knows; we don't.

Again, I submit to you that some are predestined to be saved and some are foreordained to damnation. But God never said who that was... At least not concerning this generation.

The fact that predestination exists and OSAS exists is great.... But its knowledge we can do nothing with. We can take comfort in it with knowing that if we are the chosen, God will see to it that we persevere.

But we must persevere.

What do you mean we're predestined?
Predestined for what?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Conversion ain't a fire!
ha well i could illustrate a bunch of believers over here pretty much on fire right now imo, but i guess doing the "conversion" thing is the going through the "water," possibly a ref to the "sea," or iow "people" symbolically speaking. The fire would be in the wilderness, outside the camp, not in the world, however one might like to put it. Counterfeits just have no where to hide out there, i guess. Conversion experiences happen in churches, right? Lotsa cymbals clashing, pretty stained glass, etc, nice and warm, yadayada

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
yes, but the software does not recognize that, see, now i have to copy/paste your comment, then go grab a "GG" tag somewhere, then highlight/paste your comment into it, then i can reply.
What do you mean the software doesn't recognize it?
I've used this method several times.
I see my answers in Red/Brown.
Then when the reader gets it, they don't see the different color?
Sorry, bb, but this is important.
Don't mean to pester you about it.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha well i could illustrate a bunch of believers over here pretty much on fire right now imo, but i guess doing the "conversion" thing is the going through the "water," possibly a ref to the "sea," or iow "people" symbolically speaking. The fire would be in the wilderness, outside the camp, not in the world, however one might like to put it. Counterfeits just have no where to hide out there, i guess. Conversion experiences happen in churches, right? Lotsa cymbals clashing, pretty stained glass, etc, nice and warm, yadayada
Don't know.
My conversion experience happened at my kitchen sink in Queesn, NY.
Many years ago...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What do you mean the software doesn't recognize it?
I've used this method several times.
I see my answers in Red/Brown.
Then when the reader gets it, they don't see the different color?
Sorry, bb, but this is important.
Don't mean to pester you about it.
ah, no prob, slow day. See, i can quote you here, but i can't quote you there?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ah, no prob, slow day. See, i can quote you here, but i can't quote you there?
Ok. I see what you mean.
BUT, you could @GodsGrace to get my attention and then copy and paste MY answer...

Right? I use that method for a reason. I don't like using those quote things. You're aware by now that I really just answer at the bottom of posts. Those quote thingys make you go on and on with the other poster. I don't have that amount of time for here...

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ok well, diff def of "conversion experience," iow yours was more like what i would term a revelation. Most "conversion experiences" infer a church, i think
Well, I actually had to teach kids what convert means.
To change from one thing to another.
That would be salvation.
I accept that it most probably happens in a church setting, I guess.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha, ty, but i'm more comfortable as a them tbh, i was an us for a long time

also, or iow, you and Rollo are at odds here, right
Rollo believes in osas.
I don't because I know persons that have fallen away.

But we're both "us".
God will always come looking for us like the lost sheep and He'll always take us back if we show up at His door on our own...