The Public School HOAX

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't people seem to notice that kids go to public schools 13 years and most don't even know how to make a decent living? They should be experts at something in 13 years! My wife and son worked at a college helping new students. Many of them could barely read. How many BILLIONS of hard earned taxpayer dollars have been stolen for this HOAX?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't people seem to notice that kids go to public schools 13 years and most don't even know how to make a decent living? They should be experts at something in 13 years! My wife and son worked at a college helping new students. Many of them could barely read. How many BILLIONS of hard earned taxpayer dollars have been stolen for this HOAX?

Agree.
My sister was a college professor for years and WOW has college student enrollment changed...more so likened to adult pre-school.
A glaring reflection of failed public school education!
And No...more money spent out of the pockets of tax-payers is Not the solution.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMO...the “of lately” trend of parents unenrolling their children from public schools.....IS a win for their children.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMO...the “of lately” trend of parents unenrolling their children from public schools.....IS a win for their children.
Many decent people can't afford the options away from public schools. And many who try are harassed by Big Brother / CPS!

Wouldn't you think that a person would be an expert at something after 13 years? I mean REALLY! Are the schools teaching or intentionally "DUMBING DOWN" kids? Teens come out of schools thinking they know everything and don't know a DAMN thing!

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
True. For the many DECADES that the public school system has been failing parents and students, and absolutely no one has had the guts to say "This farce must end right now" and we need a totally different schooling system. (Obviously public schools will not be Christian schools so one cannot expect Bible Knowledge or the Gospel to become a part of the curriculum).

1. Children and teens DO NOT need to be in school for eight hours per day. Two or three hours maximum would be more than enough (9:00 a.m. to 12 noon).

2. For the rest of the day, they could be productively working at something else which would allow then to also earn their allowances. Even helping out in a day care would be better than sitting in a school learning nothing. But the school must involve itself in finding the right niche for each student.

3. The curricula need to be totally revised so that the essential subjects are the main focus. Readin' Writin' 'Rithmetic are still essentials. At the same time basic acceptable social behavior and manners should be automatically taught in the classroom.

4. Reading, writing, spelling, grammar, composition and penmanship are essential for proper communication, and this is where the focus should be for "English" (rather than "Language Arts"). Even adults have atrocious spelling and grammar today. Some don't even know what a paragraph is supposed to do.

5. The teaching of mathematics needs to be totally revised so that business math, tax calculations, statistics and financial mathematics are the main focus. Business management skills should also be included. [Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Trignometry should be for only those who want to study higher Mathematics (probably very few).]

6. A second language (either Spanish or French) should be taught at the same time.

7. History and Geography should be taught as specific subjects rather than "Social Studies", and the morality of historic personages should also be investigated. History should also be more accurate since too many false ideas are included.

8. Today students need some form of "Political Education" so that they understand the differences between various ideologies, and the need for Constitutions and the rule of law. Many young people are engaging in rank lawlessness because of how the politicians are setting them up.

9. A trade (or skill) should be taught from ages 12-17 and the students should choose the trade or skill for which they are best suited.

9. Skill in computer usage is almost an essential, so keyboarding should be included in the curriculum.

10. Teachers unions should be completely abolished. Teachers are not blue collar workers who need unions to fend for them. Teachers unions are now actually weapons against parents and students.

11. By the time a student graduates from High School he or she should be able to find gainful employment or become self-employed as a solid citizen.

12. College and university should NOT be the goal of the majority of students. Rather a trade or skill should be the primary objective. Colleges and universities have become breeding grounds for radicalism, Communism, Marxism, and Anarchism and should be avoided altogether.

All of this will sound radical to a lot of people, but it is really common sense.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. For the many DECADES that the public school system has been failing parents and students, and absolutely no one has had the guts to say "This farce must end right now" and we need a totally different schooling system. (Obviously public schools will not be Christian schools so one cannot expect Bible Knowledge or the Gospel to become a part of the curriculum).

1. Children and teens DO NOT need to be in school for eight hours per day. Two or three hours maximum would be more than enough (9:00 a.m. to 12 noon).

2. For the rest of the day, they could be productively working at something else which would allow then to also earn their allowances. Even helping out in a day care would be better than sitting in a school learning nothing. But the school must involve itself in finding the right niche for each student.

3. The curricula need to be totally revised so that the essential subjects are the main focus. Readin' Writin' 'Rithmetic are still essentials. At the same time basic acceptable social behavior and manners should be automatically taught in the classroom.

4. Reading, writing, spelling, grammar, composition and penmanship are essential for proper communication, and this is where the focus should be for "English" (rather than "Language Arts"). Even adults have atrocious spelling and grammar today. Some don't even know what a paragraph is supposed to do.

5. The teaching of mathematics needs to be totally revised so that business math, tax calculations, statistics and financial mathematics are the main focus. Business management skills should also be included. [Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Trignometry should be for only those who want to study higher Mathematics (probably very few).]

6. A second language (either Spanish or French) should be taught at the same time.

7. History and Geography should be taught as specific subjects rather than "Social Studies", and the morality of historic personages should also be investigated. History should also be more accurate since too many false ideas are included.

8. Today students need some form of "Political Education" so that they understand the differences between various ideologies, and the need for Constitutions and the rule of law. Many young people are engaging in rank lawlessness because of how the politicians are setting them up.

9. A trade (or skill) should be taught from ages 12-17 and the students should choose the trade or skill for which they are best suited.

9. Skill in computer usage is almost an essential, so keyboarding should be included in the curriculum.

10. Teachers unions should be completely abolished. Teachers are not blue collar workers who need unions to fend for them. Teachers unions are now actually weapons against parents and students.

11. By the time a student graduates from High School he or she should be able to find gainful employment or become self-employed as a solid citizen.

12. College and university should NOT be the goal of the majority of students. Rather a trade or skill should be the primary objective. Colleges and universities have become breeding grounds for radicalism, Communism, Marxism, and Anarchism and should be avoided altogether.

All of this will sound radical to a lot of people, but it is really common sense.
Well said my brother!!!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My daughter is a senior at a High School on Florida. Her school is ranked near the middle of the pack for the state. My wife and I volunteer at the school. Here are some observations from the front lines:

1. parents have abrogated their responsibility to actually "raise" their children and have turned these small feral humans over to a system designed to EDUCATE with an expectation that they should PARENT. Little Johnny is an angel and the School is at fault or just doesn't understand when Johnny gets in trouble.
  2. The District has created a system where actions have no consequences. Justice is not the goal ... avoidance of reported problems which impact the rating of a school and, therefore, its funding is the goal. As a result, bullying does not exist ... except in reality ... where no action is taken other than transferring the victim away.
  3. The schools provide everything that any and every student needs to get an education (with the possible exception of a safe environment), however most students adopt the apathy of most parents. However, there are STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Elementary School classes (core groups of students dedicated to emphasized learning in these subjects) that feed into STEM Middle Schools that feed into STEM High Schools that award a HS Diploma with a specialized "Engineering Academy" or "Robotics Academy" for students that CHOSE to take the elective courses in those subjects. There is also a "Teaching Academy" where students take HS and College Courses in Education and have internships volunteering at local Elementary Schools tutoring struggling students. There is a "Media Academy" where students graduate with Adobe Industry Certification in Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design and some video-editing software so they can pursue a career in Commercial Art or Advertising. There is also a program for "Entrepreneurship" that fosters the skills needed for future small business owners. Most students CHOOSE TO DO NONE OF THIS! They graduate with the minimum requirements, a general diploma and no plan.
  4. A 24 carrot gold plated school with award winning teachers and the most innovative educational program in the WORLD will mean nothing to the student that comes to school hungry and withdrawn because dad got drunk and beat mom last night ... again. The 'Ozzie and Harriet' normalcy of past generations is not the reality for many of these children. What is broken in our society is beyond the power of a school teacher to fix. When my wife and I were foster parents and going through our initial training, they told us something that might be helpful to you. "Before you pity these children or look down on them, remember this: these children are survivors. many of these kids have survived ordeals that would have killed many adults." That child that dragged themselves through HS and into college and all you can think is "How did they graduate and learn nothing?" may very well be one of those children that survived something that most adults wouldn't have. So that student may not be a "looser" but a "survivor".
Whatever ... ;)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife spent 20 years working in elementary and middle school classrooms. We are not surprised. They don't teach. She was literally stopped from teaching the basics of math and English.

Much love!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am hoping to homeschool. We are wanting babies and public school seems like the worst option.

I remember an optional class from high school called Personal Finance. It was the most useful thing I learned in high school. But it was just an elective.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have to agree with everything said here, public schools are going bad i mean really bad, not that i have kids in the public schools because i don't but i know what's going on in America's classrooms now i don't think i can even mention it here how bad it's actualy getting

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife spent 20 years working in elementary and middle school classrooms. We are not surprised. They don't teach. She was literally stopped from teaching the basics of math and English.

Much love!
I believe you!

Reactions: shortangel

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the problem is with the teachers. Some don't know the difference between boys and girls. Maybe the teachers need to go back to school.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is done this way for higher education. In College and Universities people get to decide their future career. I went to college and studied engineering. But in the end it was a trade school that I went to that I learned my career. There are many trade schools that teach things like the building careers and welding.

I think the problem these days is the liberal indoctrination that happens in schools.

Schools are supposed to teach a base line education for entry level jobs in the market. But I wouldn't want to see a doctor that only finished high school.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe the problem is with the teachers. Some don't know the difference between boys and girls. Maybe the teachers need to go back to school.
The whole system is broken -- teachers, teachers' unions, schools, curriculums, health, safety and security, indoctrination, and now plain ATTACKS on children to destroy them mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Demons have taken control, and Christian parents who have children in public schools should remove them immediately and either home school them or place them in proven Christian schools.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole system is broken -- teachers, teachers' unions, schools, curriculums, health, safety and security, indoctrination, and now plain ATTACKS on children to destroy them mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Demons have taken control, and Christian parents who have children in public schools should remove them immediately and either home school them or place them in proven Christian schools.
It's not just the schools anymore, it's also the internet. Young children have all their tools to be part of the internet and global communication. The internet is infected also.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian parents who have children in public schools should remove them immediately and either home school them or place them in proven Christian schools.

You cannot homeschool when you work full time.

As for Christian school, will you be paying their tuition? Not everyone can afford to send their kids to Christian schools.

I don't just allow the public school to teach my children, I am involved in their schooling as much as I can be as the non-custodial parent. I help with homework and ask them what they need help with school wise.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot homeschool when you work full time.

As for Christian school, will you be paying their tuition? Not everyone can afford to send their kids to Christian schools.

I don't just allow the public school to teach my children, I am involved in their schooling as much as I can be as the non-custodial parent. I help with homework and ask them what they need help with school wise.
Fact is i would not send any child to most christain schools , THEY SOLD OUT as well .
WE must simply teach our children and raise them up in the WAY that they should go .
AND JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY . NO matter what pope francis and many protestants now try and say . YE MUST BELEIVE IN JESUS IS A FACT .
And if the jesus we follow contradicts the biblical one , I GOT REAL BAD NEWS .