The Rapture is Post-trib

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, from those scriptures, we see that this 'harpazo' is not to heaven, but to where Jesus will be when He Returns; in Jerusalem.
Nope
The 5 wise went to the marriage chamber.
The fathers house.
...as prophesied at the last supper.
Beautiful depiction of the pretrib rapture.
Vivid and solid bible.
Also at the one taken/left, it is normal life, no war or great tribulation in context, and then the bonus of "watch and pray" ( which only pretrib adherents can do honestly).
Solid bible.
Can't be diluted or brushed aside in favor of mental doctrine.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can't see he comes for them and all the saints at the second and only coming, that's on you.

They are not opened in chronological order.

That's a pill you need to give to yourself. Being Pretrib already tells everyone you have the wrong theological position, a dangerous one that teaches people to desire and take part in the great apostasia departure.

QUOTE;
"If you can't see he comes for them and all the saints at the second and only coming, that's on you".

In order for that to get even tiny traction, we need massive omissions.
First fruit Jews
Jesus with a sickle.
It is during the gt.
The 144k preceding the main harvest a few sentences later.
Nope, too much to brush away.
You need that bible changed , or your position.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope
The fathers house.
Vivid and solid bible.
Also at the one taken/left, it is normal life, no war or great tribulation in context, and then the bonus of "watch and pray" ( which only pretrib adherents can do honestly).
Solid bible.
Question sir.
What time did the wise leave? And when were they ready?

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were no human enemies of God on earth period, before Eve was deceived. Not sure how an enemy of God would be deceieved to turn against God if they were already an enemy of God? The point of deception is that they are in total communion with God, and not an enemy at all. Eve had the most perfect life. Evidently Satan convinced Eve it was not perfect enough. That is deception.
I, uh... Wow. I mean, okay, I agree, but... Where did you go and how did you get there? :) I'm not even sure how this even turned up in your mind in the discussion we were having... LOL!

Grace and peace to you.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope
The fathers house.
Vivid and solid bible.
Solid bible.
Please read Isaiah chapters 25 and 26

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope
The fathers house.

Post trib rapture. There is no pre-trib rapture in the bible. If this was pre-trib the wise would have been gone before the foolish realized they had no oil and went out to buy (like buy and selling in the trib for those marked). Nope, the foolish are there when the wise leave with Christ and even knock and are refused by Christ. In a Pre-trb situation Christ wouldn't still be there after they went to buy oil late at night. That late night and buying oil etc is the trib.

Vivid and solid bible.

"solid bible" isn't correct English.

Also at the one taken/left, it is normal life, no war or great tribulation in context,

It doesn't say anything about the timeframe not being in the tribulation. Two people grinding, or sleeping in bed are things that are not forbidden in the trib.

and then the bonus of "watch and pray" ( which only pretrib adherents can do honestly).

Pretrib isn't watching for anything. Only Posttrib watches for things like the signs Christ gave and for people like false christs and of course the final one known as the antichrist. Pretrib isn't watching for him because they think they will be gone before he comes despite scripture saying the opposite.

Solid bible.

That is still awkward English. Bad English and bad doctrine are a bad pairing or in other words, "unsolid bible"

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

Do you think John was exaggerating?
Exaggerating about what exactly? I believe it's symbolic text in terms of the reference to "the camp of the saints" and "the beloved city", but I do believe all of those opposing the camp of the saints worldwide, which I see as being a reference to the church, will have fire literally come down on them, as Peter wrote about in 2 Peter 3:10-12.

Perhaps you are right and fire consumes them before they all arrive at their destination.
It's not talking about billions of people somehow all literally traveling to one location. The logistics of that would be impossible to pull off. It won't happen. It's symbolically referring to opposition against the church worldwide.

So they all don't have to arrive at the same time, but all who started to head towards that camp of the saints were consumed by fire. How long do you think that little season lasts, and why they cannot all make it there in this little season?
Why would you think that a number of people "as the sand of the sea" will all travel to one physical location? Tell me how that would work exactly. Why you take that all literally is beyond me. You do understand there is a lot of symbolism in the book of Revelation, don't you?

As for your question about the duration of the little season, I don't know and don't care to guess as that would be pointless.

The verse does not say camps plural, nor cities plural. But I guess you will have to see it to believe it.
I guess you will have to see the fire come down worldwide to believe it. You are not understanding that 2 Peter 3:10-12 and Revelation 20:9 refer to the same event.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thes 4
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The dead rise first. Passover. The Lord brings the dead with Him when He returns for the alive that remained. Pentecost, Feast of New Wine celebration of the Wheat harvest.
You are apparently unable to communicate clearly. You just speak gibberish that no one can understand. That passage describes ONE event. The dead are first resurrected and then immediately after that they are caught up with those who are alive and remain to meet the Lord in the air. What is hard to understand about this? Where do you come up with separate events from this? It's clearly one event where the souls of the dead in Christ will come with Jesus and be united with the resurrected, changed bodies and they will then meet the Lord in the air with those who are alive and remain. This involves all dead believers from all-time, so why do you think there would be any other resurrection event?

You interpret scriptures like they are saying the same thing. In 1 Thes 4 we see the dead in Christ rise first. That means they have changed to incorruptible. Then after that the alive that remained are changed. In 1 Corinthians 15 we see the dead and alive are changed in the twinkling of an eye. These two scriptures cannot and are not talking about the same event.
LOL. You make claims but then don't back them up with any reasonable logic whatsoever. The order of what will happen is not hard to understand. The dead in Christ will be resurrected from the dead and immediately changed. Those who are alive and remain will also be changed. Then they all will immediately be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. One event. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Jesus comes and returns to heaven with the harvest seen here

Revelation 7
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
There is no indication of such a thing in this text whatsoever. You just make things up. Why would He come down from heaven, return to heaven, come down from heaven again, return to heaven again, and so on? That's insanity. It's pointless. It makes Jesus look ridiculous. But, it's your 5 future comings of Christ doctrine that is ridiculous.

You seem to lack understanding that Jesus comes to heaven and stays for 1 year, before He returns with the armies of heaven. It's not your fault that you do not understand this, as your teachers do not understand this.
I have no teachers. You not only make things up about scripture, but also make things up about me. That's all you have to offer is just making things up in your imagination. You have no understanding of anything. Please ask God for wisdom because right now you have none (James 1:5-7).

I don't need to make anything up. It all fits like a glove as you ignore most of the details.
Your doctrine fits like a ripped up glove that doesn't fit anyone. This is a waste of time. I'm not discussing this any more with you because you have a belief all your own. I'd rather discuss things that actually are at least somewhat plausible.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Second Coming is completed in Rev ch19

Chapter 20 begins the New Era where satan's influence Ends and he is locked up for 1,000 Years.
This New Era starts with the Resurrection of the Just = First Resurrection
This New Era also includes the Saints reigning with Christ for this 1,000 Year Period of Time.

There is no Second Coming in Rev ch20 but there is the Resurrection which can now take place because of His Second Coming in ch19.
Are you using scripture to interpret scripture to draw this conclusion? It doesn't appear so. Notice what is said in this verse:

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Shouldn't we use other scripture to help us understand what time period this is talking about? I believe so.

So, when does scripture say that Jesus began or begins to reign? Let's take a look and see.

Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Ephesians 1:19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Acts 26:23 that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles.”

Colossians 1:12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Fatherto him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

What do the above passages teach?

They teach that Jesus CURRENTLY has all authority in heaven and on earth and that He CURRENTLY sits at the right hand of the Father "far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked" with "all things under his feet". And that Christ CURRENTLY is "the ruler of the kings of the earth".

They teach that believers CURRENTLY are in Christ's kingdom because it says we have been brought "into the kingdom of the Son he (the Father) loves". They teach that believers CURRENTLY are "a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father".

And they teach that Christ's resurrection is the first resurrection, which is explicitly stated in Acts 26:23 and is what it means in Revelation 1:5 when it says He is "the firstborn from the dead".

So, how should Revelation 20:6 be understood in light of these other scriptures?

For one thing, we should understand that the first resurrection is Christ's resurrection because scripture says so.

Also, when it talks about Jesus reigning, we should understand from these other scriptures that He began reigning long ago after His resurrection. And we should understand that believers reign with Christ in His kingdom as "priests to serve his God and Father".

So, when Revelation 20:6 talks about those who have part in the first resurrection reigning with Christ as priests it should be understood that it's talking about the time period that began long ago already since His resurrection was the first resurrection that we all spiritually have part in and we all reign with Him as priests, as Revelation 1:5-6 indicates. When we die that doesn't change, so that's why John could see souls of the dead in Christ reigning with Christ in heaven.

Notice one other thing about Revelation 20:6. It says that the second death has no power over those who have part in the first resurrection. Do we need to be bodily raised from the dead in order for the second death to not have power over us? No! Does the second death have power over believers now? No! So, does that mean believers have already had part in the first resurrection since it appears that having part in the first resurrection is necessary in order for the second death to not have power over you? Yes, it does. We have had part in the first resurrection because we've spiritually had part in Christ's resurrection which is the first resurrection (Acts 26:23, 1 Cor 15:20-23, Col 1:18, Rev 1:5).

The following explains how someone has part in the first resurrection:

Colossians 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not common sense. The first seal opened is not given a number. It literally could be any of the 7 seals.
You don't need to resort to nonsense like this in order to disprove pre-trib. The first seal opened is obviously the first seal of the seven seals and there are 6 seals which follow it. The seals are all clearly numbered (first seal, second seal, third seal, etc.), so denying that only makes it look like you have no idea of what you're talking about and ruins your chance of being taken seriously by pre-tribs.

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stating that Revelation is not chronological is the first step into apostasy. That is adding to the book. It is written in the form, and stated in several places, "After this". That is a chronological progression.
LOL. It's aspostasy to interpret the order of the book differently than you? LOL!!! You say some of the most foolish things I've ever seen in my life. That is NOT adding to the book at all. That is completely ridiculous. It's interpreting it differently than you do and nothing more.

Don't you acknowledge that the things described in Revelation 12 such as the birth and ascension of Christ, do not follow what is described at the end of Revelation 11? You have before. So, even you acknowledge that part of the book is not chronological. Are you adding to the book by drawing that conclusion about Revelation 11 and 12? Of course not. So, that's not the case for those of us who see other parts of the book as not being chronological as well.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. But again, all Christ's enemies are defeated in Chapter 19 also. So if your reading is correct, there is no need for even Satan's binding in Revelation 20:2, because he and all Jesus's enemies have already been defeated. So, in that case, starting with Revelation 20:1, we have to see that as a retelling ~ or at least backtracking ~ in the timeline.
I agree, but in the case of post-trib premils they don't acknowledge that all of Christ's enemies are defeated in chapter 19. Despite the fact that it says this:

Revelation 19:18 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.

They also don't acknowledge that passages like Matthew 24:35-39, 2 Thess 1:7-10 and 2 Peter 3:10-12 teach that all of His enemies will be destroyed when He returns.

Pre-trib premils, oddly enough, agree with us Amils that all of His enemies are destroyed at His return (at least some do...maybe some don't). But, they think mortal believing Jews are the ones who initially populate the supposed earthly kingdom that is set up at that time.

Disagree. Chapter 21 does, though; God makes all things new, and the new Jerusalem comes down out of heaven ~ heaven and earth are finally one. The events of 20:1-6 are not sequential to (after) the the events described in Revelation 19:11-21. I disagree with you on that, for at least the reasons I delineated above. Revelation as a whole is a retelling, seven times, of the events from Christ's advent to Christ's return, each time with a heavier accent on the latter. And concerning the specific place in Revelation we are talking about, the sixth "cycle" is from Revelation 17 to Revelation 19, and the seventh cycle is from Revelation 20:1 to Revelation 21:8.
I agree. Interpreting all, or most, of the book chronologically leads to all sorts of strange conclusions that contradict other scriptures.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are billions of redeemed and billions of angels all going to fit logistically in one city on earth, at the Second Coming?
They're not. That isn't reasonable. You're missing the symbolism, as always.

Did you not already dismiss that billions of unbelievers show up at the same moment as well?
Of course. That's a ridiculous notion. It's logistically impossible. Does that not matter to you?

You have the entire creation meeting in a singular place at a singular time, no?
No. Where are you getting that from? I don't believe that all people throughout the world will all somehow travel to one place.

I do believe that all people will be judged at the same time, but I don't believe that will take place on earth and I don't know how that will work exactly. I see that as happening in the realm of eternity, so things will be very different at that point to how things are now. But, believing there will ever be billions of people physically in one earthly city makes no sense.

How does that make any sense?
That's the question you need to answer, not me. I'm not the one who thinks billions of people will somehow all travel to one earthly city as if they could all fit there. How would they all get there? Do you even think about these things?

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are apparently unable to communicate clearly.

Yeah. It's called the Word of God and I have no doubt most don't understand. That much is apparent.
You just speak gibberish that no one can understand. That passage describes ONE event. The dead are first resurrected and then immediately after that they are caught up with those who are alive and remain to meet the Lord in the air. What is hard to understand about this? Where do you come up with separate events from this? It's clearly one event where the souls of the dead in Christ will come with Jesus and be united with the resurrected, changed bodies and they will then meet the Lord in the air with those who are alive and remain. This involves all dead believers from all-time, so why do you think there would be any other resurrection event?
The dead rise first as clearly written. The dead return with the Lord when He comes for the alive that remained, as clearly written. We can see these two coming in the Song of Solomon. This is so far over your head, and just gibberish, but anyway................The first coming is in the spring and then he comes for the alive that remain when the tender grapes give a good smell. The first fruits of the fall fruit harvest. The Feast of New Wine end of summer celebration of the wheat harvest. I know this is gibberish to you and most, but it is the Word of God which you lack understanding.

Song of Solomon 2
8 The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.

9 My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.

10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

13 The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

14 O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.

LOL. You make claims but then don't back them up with any reasonable logic whatsoever.
The truth of the Word of God is far over you head. You can't even figure out that He comes at the 6th seal before wrath for a harvest. That's why there is a great multitude in heaven for the marriage supper. It just talking to blind, those without any understanding. The easy stuff goes over you head and all you got is LOL.

The order of what will happen is not hard to understand. The dead in Christ will be resurrected from the dead and immediately changed. Those who are alive and remain will also be changed. Then they all will immediately be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. One event. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
When the dead in Christ rise first, they are changed from corruptible to incorruptible. The alive are changed later. And it never occurs to you that in 1 Cor 15 the dead and alive are changed at the same time. They are not speaking of the same event. In 1 Thes 4 the Lord Himself comes. In 1 Cor 15 He sends His angels. In 1 Thes 4 He comes at the trump of God or voice of God. In 1 Cor 15 He comes at the Last Trump blown on the Feast of Trumpets. And you understand none of this. It's just gibberish to you.

There is no indication of such a thing in this text whatsoever. You just make things up. Why would He come down from heaven, return to heaven, come down from heaven again, return to heaven again, and so on? That's insanity. It's pointless. It makes Jesus look ridiculous. But, it's your 5 future comings of Christ doctrine that is ridiculous.
It's all in the Word of God. If you can't figure out 3 of those comings, the Lord has put blindness on your eyes as they are clearly in the Word of God. I'm not expecting you to understand the pretribulation rapture.

You think you are post trib. Nah, you are post wrath and don't even know it.

I have no teachers. You not only make things up about scripture, but also make things up about me. That's all you have to offer is just making things up in your imagination. You have no understanding of anything. Please ask God for wisdom because right now you have none (James 1:5-7).
Why would I need to make anything up as it is clearly written. Your teachers have made things up, like the Church has replaced Israel or the 144,000 is the Church. You need to get a grip and figure out who the foolish virgins are. They are not the believers in the secret pretribulation rapture.

Your doctrine fits like a ripped up glove that doesn't fit anyone. This is a waste of time. I'm not discussing this any more with you because you have a belief all your own. I'd rather discuss things that actually are at least somewhat plausible.
You're not discussing because you have no answers to the truth. It never occurs to you that the Lord sends His angels at the 6th seal before wrath to gather the elect from heaven and earth...................EVEN THOUGH THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post trib rapture. There is no pre-trib rapture in the bible. If this was pre-trib the wise would have been gone before the foolish realized they had no oil and went out to buy (like buy and selling in the trib for those marked). Nope, the foolish are there when the wise leave with Christ and even knock and are refused by Christ. In a Pre-trb situation Christ wouldn't still be there after they went to buy oil late at night. That late night and buying oil etc is the trib.

"solid bible" isn't correct English.

It doesn't say anything about the timeframe not being in the tribulation. Two people grinding, or sleeping in bed are things that are not forbidden in the trib.

Pretrib isn't watching for anything. Only Posttrib watches for things like the signs Christ gave and for people like false christs and of course the final one known as the antichrist. Pretrib isn't watching for him because they think they will be gone before he comes despite scripture saying the opposite.

That is still awkward English. Bad English and bad doctrine are a bad pairing or in other words, "unsolid bible"
Exactly my point.
You are watching and waiting for the AC.
Pretrib is solid bible.
Bible is the key.
Your post has no bible verses.

Your focus is all about form and fuss over somebodys elses form.

I go concept vs concept. With anybody.
Pretrib rapture is the only position that incorporates the pretrib rapture verses.
As you demonstrate.
Now, try to refute using verses instead of worrying over form.
...but I do see your backpedaling as a strategy. Not a good one, but without verses, a shallow one.
No bible at all in your post.
Your starting place is wrong.
That is why you can not reconcile the pretribrapturesolidbible verses.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I, uh... Wow. I mean, okay, I agree, but... Where did you go and how did you get there? :) I'm not even sure how this even turned up in your mind in the discussion we were having... LOL!

Grace and peace to you.
Those obedient to God are deceived.

No one has to be around who are considered God's enemies, for Satan to work on.

You claimed there had to be sinners hanging around so Satan could decieve them, but since they are all destroyed, there is no one left to deceive.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the pretrib Rapture depiction Jesus used with Noah. We see Noah entering the ark before the Judgment Came Upon the Earth.

We see God shuts the door to the ark exactly like he did a few verses later in the 10 virgin parable he shut the door.
the 10 virgin parable of course depicting vividly the pre-tribulation rapture.
Then we see Noah in the ark (which is a type of Heaven) and he's lifted raised up goes up into the heavens over a mile into the sky and there he is in the ark while the tribulation is happening on the Earth.
Noah is up above the Earth safe in the ark (which again is a type of Heaven).

then we see Noah return to Earth post tribulation

he didn't leave post tribulation he came back post tribulation!!!
what a beautiful depiction that Jesus made showing us the pre-tribulation rapture.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you using scripture to interpret scripture to draw this conclusion? It doesn't appear so. Notice what is said in this verse:

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Shouldn't we use other scripture to help us understand what time period this is talking about? I believe so.

So, when does scripture say that Jesus began or begins to reign? Let's take a look and see.

Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Ephesians 1:19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Acts 26:23 that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles.”

Colossians 1:12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Fatherto him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

What do the above passages teach?

They teach that Jesus CURRENTLY has all authority in heaven and on earth and that He CURRENTLY sits at the right hand of the Father "far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked" with "all things under his feet". And that Christ CURRENTLY is "the ruler of the kings of the earth".

They teach that believers CURRENTLY are in Christ's kingdom because it says we have been brought "into the kingdom of the Son he (the Father) loves". They teach that believers CURRENTLY are "a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father".

And they teach that Christ's resurrection is the first resurrection, which is explicitly stated in Acts 26:23 and is what it means in Revelation 1:5 when it says He is "the firstborn from the dead".

So, how should Revelation 20:6 be understood in light of these other scriptures?

For one thing, we should understand that the first resurrection is Christ's resurrection because scripture says so.

Also, when it talks about Jesus reigning, we should understand from these other scriptures that He began reigning long ago after His resurrection. And we should understand that believers reign with Christ in His kingdom as "priests to serve his God and Father".

So, when Revelation 20:6 talks about those who have part in the first resurrection reigning with Christ as priests it should be understood that it's talking about the time period that began long ago already since His resurrection was the first resurrection that we all spiritually have part in and we all reign with Him as priests, as Revelation 1:5-6 indicates. When we die that doesn't change, so that's why John could see souls of the dead in Christ reigning with Christ in heaven.

Notice one other thing about Revelation 20:6. It says that the second death has no power over those who have part in the first resurrection. Do we need to be bodily raised from the dead in order for the second death to not have power over us? No! Does the second death have power over believers now? No! So, does that mean believers have already had part in the first resurrection since it appears that having part in the first resurrection is necessary in order for the second death to not have power over you? Yes, it does. We have had part in the first resurrection because we've spiritually had part in Christ's resurrection which is the first resurrection (Acts 26:23, 1 Cor 15:20-23, Col 1:18, Rev 1:5).

The following explains how someone has part in the first resurrection:

Colossians 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,
Exactly
Rev 20 has no resurrection at that time. It is looking back to the facets of the first resurrection.
I would add to your post that Jesus is the firstfruits along with the others resurrected and seem in Jerusalem walking around.
All of us and saints in the ground participate in the first resurrection or "main harvest"

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are these verses? Can you post a few?
i did about a million times.
You most likely poo pooed em like the following ones.
Matt 25 .10 virgins
mat 24. The 2 vivid comings.
The last supper dialogue
The 2 escape verses.
The CONTEXT of the pretrib rapture verses of peacetime and normal life of activities and commerce.
( that alone destroys all but pretrib rapture)
Rev 14. ( 3 gatherings)

And on and on