The Reality of the Millennial Kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He would be forgiven according to Scripture, but he would obviously also be a hypocrite in need of counseling
Better to be considered a hypocrite than have your family slaughtered while you stand by doing nothing. Therefore he would be counseling the counselors.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Better to be considered a hypocrite than have your family slaughtered while you stand by doing nothing.
so you say, but others might surely choose differently, and anyone seeking to follow Christ would surely have to do so, as Scripture makes abundantly plain. Not that I don't understand and even sympathize with most believers overwhelming Fear of Death ok. Fear of pretty much everything I guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, and even his own life--he cannot be my disciple.

and I would put the rest down to too much tv prolly

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was what he did abominable? Yes, But that is not what the "a of d" will be.

Antiochus IV placing an idol in the temple to Zeus worship was the meaning of the "abomination of desolation". It's about an idol that makes the sanctuary a spiritual desolation.

In Revelation 13 we are told about the "another beast" who comes to work great wonders making fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, which has an obvious link to the working of the pseudo-Christ our Lord Jesus warned us about in Matthew 24:23-26 that is given with the time of the "abomination of desolation" prophecy. The "image of the beast" he will cause the world to worship is what that "abomination of desolation" event is about. In 2 Thessalonians 2, Apostle Paul also told us the false one would exalt himself in the temple of God overall that is worshiped or that is called God.

I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to figure all this out. Our Heavenly Father made it pretty simple in His Word. One only need to connect the dots in His Word and quit listening to Satan's host.

Reactions: Trekson

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but others might surely choose differently, and anyone seeking to follow Christ would surely have to do so, as Scripture makes abundantly plain. Not that I don't understand and even sympathize with most believers overwhelming Fear of Death ok. Fear of pretty much everything I guess

It depends on the circumstances, if your life is in danger for the sole reason that you or family members are Christians and you're facing martyrdom, then no, you don't fight it. Outside of that if a man doesn't do all he can to protect his family, he will be eternally an idiot. Have you not read, the OT? God isn't against violence, he is against senseless, selfish violence for the wrong reasons.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Have you not read, the OT?
ha well I do see it every time I walk by a tv, and I come in here and debate with ppl living in it, but wadr other than that I don't refer to it um lol, sorry. If you can justify possibly doing what is essentially only seen on tv in Righteous Vengeance movies and etc with Turn the other cheek then bam do so, I'm not going to condemn you for it

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well I do see it every time I walk by a tv, and I come in here and debate with ppl living in it, but wadr other than that I don't refer to it um lol, sorry. If you can justify possibly doing what is essentially only seen on tv in Righteous Vengeance movies and etc with Turn the other cheek then bam do so, I'm not going to condemn you for it

I would say that in the greater context, your quote, "turn the other cheek" is speaking of enemies of the kingdom and not seeking vengeance or retaliation, after the fact, we are to forgive. If you're under attack by those whose sole purpose is to kill or steal from you, then Jesus was asking about swords for a reason. When it comes to stealing, there is a big difference between a hungry person needing food or clothing, and someone who is just greedy and always wants more and they don't care who or what gets in their way or if their victim lives or dies. It takes wisdom and discerning of spirits to figure out at a moments notice which is which..