The Reality of the Millennial Kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

So I have perused through this thread and unlike the promise of the OP, have yet to see any convincing evidence of any 1000 year EARTHLY KINGDOM. Sure, I believe the meek shall indeed inherit the earth. The question is, when? Certainly not for just 1000 years...those scriptures offered in the beginning of the thread simply do not say what the author of this thread would like them to say. Oh, and by the way. The promises of God to Israel, the ones pertaining to their glory and establishment as a nation, every last single one of them, were conditional on faithfulness. They weren't. Thus the promises are null and void. Not voided by God, God keeps His promises. But voided by a people who rejected Him and did not believe those promises. The rule in both OT and new, is the just shall live by faith. Israel, as a nation, failed. Miserably.
As to the "reality of the millennial kingdom", sure, there is a 1000 years wherein is described a reign by Christ in conjunction with His saints. But on earth? Over a landscape which has been decimated by global plagues which destroyed every living creature upon it, to such an extent that it is required that there needs be created a "new heavens and a new earth" wherein dwells righteousness. This new heaven and new earth, described as an eternal vista of joy, peace, lamb/lion relationships, children playing with snakes etc, environment, dispensationalists argue is going to be decimated a second time and the righteousness thereof abused when Satan tempts wicked armies of the world to dare surround the New Jerusalem to take it. There are many questions which remain severely short on answers with this earthly kingdom scenario.

Mal'ak

Jan 15, 2019
Cedar City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

A lot on these forums and even talking to people I see the power of God, and the words of Jesus when he said God will make them blind. For me as a man with eyes to see, there is no doubt that Jesus will reign on the Earth for the thousand years as it is clearly stated in the Bible. The entire point of the end times is to wait for Jesus' return to Earth, but people think Jesus will return and then just do a U-turn before going back to Heaven to leave satan in power on Earth? I would be confused how people get these ideas, because they do not have a single scripture to go off of, but then I remember Jesus saying God made them blind and I stand in awe of God's power.

For those that do have eyes to see and can read English, Revelations 20 talks about what happens when Jesus returns. First the "beast" and "false prophet" will be destroyed in the Lake of Fire, but then satan will be locked up for a thousand years. Then "thrones" were set up, and "judgment was given unto them...which had not worshipped the beast....and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years...this is the first resurrection". All the saints or Christians will rule with Jesus on Earth for a thousand years, they will be "priests", which shows they will be preaching the Word of God during that time. Those that will be taught are the "dead", which "lived not again until the thousand years were finished". During the thousand years everyone that are not Christians will be taught, and when satan is released they will be tested to see if they will choose Jesus or join satan. These people are everyone on earth and all those that were in hell, as we read revelations, when satan comes down as the anti-Christ he will bring "hell" with him.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

As we can see, satan will be released to deceive the world one last time. This is the test for the "dead" to see if they still chose to worship satan after Jesus and the saints have taught them the truth for a thousand years, those that do follow satan will be destroyed with him as "fire came down from God out of heaven". So while Jesus is on earth with every living soul and angel, God the Father will be the only person in Heaven, he will destroy satan and his followers. Then God will come down with the "white throne" to judge the "dead", this is the second resurrection. It is not a literal resurrection, it stands for those that are given eternal souls that will never be killed and are chosen to live forever with God in eternity. The Christians will have received the gift of eternal life first when Jesus returns, then the non-believers will get their gift of eternal life after the white throne of judgement. There is no flesh at this time, when Jesus returns all flesh will be destroyed, our flesh bodies and the flesh world. Our bodies being changed to our spiritual souls is talked about here: 1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. The "last trumpet" or seventh trumpet is the return of Jesus, and at that time we will all be "changed" to our "incorruptible" bodies. Also spoken of in the same chapter, 1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. I know some believe that we will all be zombies empowered by the Holy Spirit as the resurrection, but as was stated "flesh and blood can not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven". We will not be zombies, our flesh bodies will disappear and our living soul that is inside our flesh bodies will be exposed and we will be our true selves.

Second Witnesses:

Genesis 35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.

Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Reactions: Davy

Mal'ak

Jan 15, 2019
Cedar City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I have perused through this thread and unlike the promise of the OP, have yet to see any convincing evidence of any 1000 year EARTHLY KINGDOM. Sure, I believe the meek shall indeed inherit the earth. The question is, when? Certainly not for just 1000 years...those scriptures offered in the beginning of the thread simply do not say what the author of this thread would like them to say. Oh, and by the way. The promises of God to Israel, the ones pertaining to their glory and establishment as a nation, every last single one of them, were conditional on faithfulness. They weren't. Thus the promises are null and void. Not voided by God, God keeps His promises. But voided by a people who rejected Him and did not believe those promises. The rule in both OT and new, is the just shall live by faith. Israel, as a nation, failed. Miserably.
As to the "reality of the millennial kingdom", sure, there is a 1000 years wherein is described a reign by Christ in conjunction with His saints. But on earth? Over a landscape which has been decimated by global plagues which destroyed every living creature upon it, to such an extent that it is required that there needs be created a "new heavens and a new earth" wherein dwells righteousness. This new heaven and new earth, described as an eternal vista of joy, peace, lamb/lion relationships, children playing with snakes etc, environment, dispensationalists argue is going to be decimated a second time and the righteousness thereof abused when Satan tempts wicked armies of the world to dare surround the New Jerusalem to take it. There are many questions which remain severely short on answers with this earthly kingdom scenario.

The new Heaven and new Earth will not happen until after the white throne of judgment, chapter 20 in revelations is the judgement and the gift of eternal life to the chosen, then in chapter 21 the new Heaven and Earth is formed as a paradise for the bride of Christ as a reward. The important thing to remember is "earth" does not mean flesh, it just means this world, in eternity this world will still exist but in a spiritual form.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then what is God building up now then, in Christ?
Spiritual temple made a reality when we receive our incorruptible bodies for Christians and an earthly temple for the human remnants and the place where Christ will rule the earth from.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. There is a great earthquake which takes place in Jerusalem during the reign of the Antichrist, and it is entirely possible that the desecrated temple is destroyed at that time. It is also reasonable to infer that the two prophets during that reign are Moses and Elijah, based on the miracles that are performed at that time.

And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they [Moses and Elijah] ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. (Rev 11:12,13)

I lean towards Elijah and Enoch because neither of them seemed to have faced death.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What God is doing right now is preparing a Bride for His Son. The Church is the Body, the Bride, and the Building (Temple) of Christ. Since these are metaphors for spiritual realities, we need to simply accept what Scripture says.
Any mention of a bride in the NT is a metaphor for the unity between the believers and Christ and each other. The only time a bride is mentioned as being the bride of Christ is the New Jerusalem. Church is the body, not a metaphor, a physical reality and it's where our identity as believers should lie. The building is the NJ.

B

brakelite

Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

A lot on these forums and even talking to people I see the power of God, and the words of Jesus when he said God will make them blind. For me as a man with eyes to see, there is no doubt that Jesus will reign on the Earth for the thousand years as it is clearly stated in the Bible. The entire point of the end times is to wait for Jesus' return to Earth, but people think Jesus will return and then just do a U-turn before going back to Heaven to leave satan in power on Earth? I would be confused how people get these ideas, because they do not have a single scripture to go off of, but then I remember Jesus saying God made them blind and I stand in awe of God's power.

For those that do have eyes to see and can read English, Revelations 20 talks about what happens when Jesus returns. First the "beast" and "false prophet" will be destroyed in the Lake of Fire, but then satan will be locked up for a thousand years. Then "thrones" were set up, and "judgment was given unto them...which had not worshipped the beast....and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years...this is the first resurrection". All the saints or Christians will rule with Jesus on Earth for a thousand years, they will be "priests", which shows they will be preaching the Word of God during that time. Those that will be taught are the "dead", which "lived not again until the thousand years were finished". During the thousand years everyone that are not Christians will be taught, and when satan is released they will be tested to see if they will choose Jesus or join satan. These people are everyone on earth and all those that were in hell, as we read revelations, when satan comes down as the anti-Christ he will bring "hell" with him.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

As we can see, satan will be released to deceive the world one last time. This is the test for the "dead" to see if they still chose to worship satan after Jesus and the saints have taught them the truth for a thousand years, those that do follow satan will be destroyed with him as "fire came down from God out of heaven". So while Jesus is on earth with every living soul and angel, God the Father will be the only person in Heaven, he will destroy satan and his followers. Then God will come down with the "white throne" to judge the "dead", this is the second resurrection. It is not a literal resurrection, it stands for those that are given eternal souls that will never be killed and are chosen to live forever with God in eternity. The Christians will have received the gift of eternal life first when Jesus returns, then the non-believers will get their gift of eternal life after the white throne of judgement. There is no flesh at this time, when Jesus returns all flesh will be destroyed, our flesh bodies and the flesh world. Our bodies being changed to our spiritual souls is talked about here: 1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. The "last trumpet" or seventh trumpet is the return of Jesus, and at that time we will all be "changed" to our "incorruptible" bodies. Also spoken of in the same chapter, 1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. I know some believe that we will all be zombies empowered by the Holy Spirit as the resurrection, but as was stated "flesh and blood can not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven". We will not be zombies, our flesh bodies will disappear and our living soul that is inside our flesh bodies will be exposed and we will be our true selves.

Second Witnesses:

Genesis 35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.

Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
Sounds cool. So we can do whatever we like now, nothing matters as we all get a second chance during the millennium. Wow, and not even Satan there to bother us. We can all have a good time and sign up at the last minute!

Reactions: Trekson

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as one is trying to interpret with Two Eyes, certainly

Regarding what brakelite said, the NJ won't be here until after the millennium and the GWTJ and the destruction of the old and creation of the new heavens and earth according to the chronology of Rev.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always considered that as a diff "hour," hmm

Admittedly, it is confusing.

Matthew 22:18-21
[18] But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? [19] Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. [20] And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? [21] They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Luke 22:53
[53] When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

Regardless it seems the lesson is: do we whine and complain about what another receives (maybe even Judas for his hour), saying we deserve more?

1 John 2:9-11
[9] He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. [10] He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. [11] But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy are you in for a surprise lol. Try Quoting that!

I find your lack of knowledge regarding the basic building blocks of Christianity quite sad. The devil's deception is everywhere.

B

brakelite

The picture that scripture offers me of the earth after the final plagues is an uninhabitable wasteland. No light, as the stars, the moon, and the sun, have all been rolled up and removed. The earth itself has been shaken violently to such an extent Isaiah I think described it as reeling to and fro like a drunkard. So presumably its orbit could possibly be askew as a result. Mountains collapsing...the heavens dissolving....the earth melting with 'fervent heat'...hail stones weighing in the vicinity of 60 odd tons each leaving my beloved golf courses somewhat worse for wear...
Now sure, some of you labourer type folk may enjoy a little cleaning up after all that; oh, I don't think I mentioned the nuclear waste that will engulf and poison everything for the next decade or 3...but I am sure Jesus, being a fair minded employer, will supply good quality gloves, right? Maybe even an apron. Wonder where you will take all that waste?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual temple made a reality when we receive our incorruptible bodies for Christians and an earthly temple for the human remnants and the place where Christ will rule the earth from.

Regarding what brakelite said, the NJ won't be here until after the millennium and the GWTJ and the destruction of the old and creation of the new heavens and earth according to the chronology of Rev.

The new creation has begun. It is the new creature(s) that inherits the earth.

2 Corinthians 5:17-18
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. [18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Workers of iniquity call Him Lord but won’t do what He says in: Matthew 22:36-40 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? [37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment. [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The idea of the "workers of iniquity" is about the "mystery of iniquity" which Apostle Paul mentioned in passing in 2 Thess.2. Apostle John pointed at it with the idea of the "many antichrists" vs. the Antichrist.

It is not simply about men that do evil, especially not about those who do it in ignorance.

Those workers are about the hidden enemies of God and His Son. Basically one could say, they are Lucifer's elect, and they know it, and they will not turn to Christ, even though His Salvation is offered to them if they would turn.

Ps 125:5
5 As for such as turn aside unto their crooked ways, the LORD shall lead them forth with the workers of iniquity: but peace shall be upon Israel.
KJV

This verse above is showing the wicked in general will be led to destruction along with... the "workers of iniquity". It's showing two separate groups, the workers of iniquity as their own group.

Ps 92:9
9 For, lo, Thine enemies, O LORD, for, lo, Thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
KJV

Ps 28:3
3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.
KJV

Again, that Psalms 28:3 Scripture shows the "workers of iniquity" as a special group of God's enemies. That's who our Lord Jesus was actually pointing to in Rev.2 & 3 about the "synagogue of Satan" who say they are Jews, but are not and do lie.

They crept in among the children of Israel long ago (see Judges 2 & 3). It is why in John 8 our Lord Jesus said their father was a liar and murderer from the beginning, pointing to the devil.

Jude 1 shows that they were ordained to the condemnation of being against The Father and His Son.

Jude 4
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

KJV

The phrase, "who were before of old ordained to this condemnation" does not just mean people who do evil in ignorance that don't know better because of not knowing our Lord Jesus. Those are about the very enemies of God that belong to the devil. They follow the devil, and they know it, and are proud of it.

Thus there is an element of 'real evil' on this earth which God has given the nature of 'brute beast' to, and I'll say very few of them will ever convert to Christ, even though we must try to convert them.

But to not recognize this distinct group of God's enemies that have been given to work the negative side of His Plan, is to wrongly assign evil to those who sin in ignorance which really are God's children that slip. Apostle Paul is a prime example of working against Christ while not being of those "workers of iniquity", simply because Paul was a chosen elect. It just was not time for his calling until our Lord Jesus struck him down on the road to Damascus. But up until that time, Paul was working with the "workers of iniquity" among the Pharisees (and no, not all Pharisees were those workers).

That's why I pointed to some today in the Churches that preach the lie that we are all guilty of Christ's crucifixion. That's a lie straight from the "workers of iniquity" that are vehemently against Christ, and they hate Him, and if possible they would have Him crucified again today.