The Reformers Biggest Mistake and Christianity's Need to Change it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church does have authority to teach truth, even an obligation. But the moment it teaches error, it is no longer obeying Christ, but in rebellion. Your church stopped teaching truth 1800 years ago. And the errors your church taught grew progressively worse down through the centuries... And claims to infallibility were simply a bald faced fantasy to justify the lies and superstitions that subjected her members to fear and bondage.
It's funny how Catholics talk about the 'church' as some separate entity from themselves.

The error of these blind followers is that they are not the church, but the church fathers and their 'successors' are the church.

Free Christians are all equal members of the body of Christ to exhort, help, and reprove one another in the faith of Jesus (Heb 3)(1 Cor 14), which is given to us all by the apostles alone, not by mystical 'successors', who have so voided Scripture by their own traditions, that their followers are as far from Jesus as the Jews in Jesus' day.

The Catholics' religion is as false as the Jews' religion, neither of which have the faith of Jesus, because the veil of their own church fathers is still upon their hearts. (2 Cor 3)

The proof is that they will not confess to being washed in the blood of the Lamb, by drinking His blood in Spirit and in truth.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They taught us, it’s called the New Testament.

Jesus also gave the apostles the mandate to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons.

The apostles were so full of Holy Spirit Dunamis power, that just Peters shadow healed people.

Act 5:14 And more than ever believers were added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women,

Act 5:15 so that they even carried out the sick into the streets and laid them on cots and mats, that as Peter came by at least his shadow might fall on some of them.

Act 5:16 The people also gathered from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing the sick and those afflicted with unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

If there was apostolic succession, the Pope’s would go forth healing the sick, raising the dead, and casting out demons.

But they don’t.
But they do go forth handing out goodies to the poor within Vatican walls for photo-op.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth." (Rom 14)

Except Romans 14 has the specific topic of not eating food in front of someone that thinks a particular food is sinful to eat - even though it’s not a sin to eat it - because it may cause the weaker brother to stumble.

Paul states that if someone thinks it’s wrong to eat certain foods, then it’s counted as sin if he eats it. Paul says for us to not let us in our freedom of eating all foods, to harm our brother.

The topic of Romans 14 isn’t that we are free to do whatever we want in all areas of our life.

This passage that includes your quote, makes that clear:

Rom 14:14 My union with the Lord Jesus makes me certain that no food is of itself ritually unclean; but if you believe that some food is unclean, then it becomes unclean for you.

Rom 14:15 If you hurt others because of something you eat, then you are no longer acting from love. Do not let the food that you eat ruin the person for whom Christ died!

Rom 14:16 Do not let what you regard as good get a bad name.

Rom 14:17 For God's Kingdom is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of the righteousness, peace, and joy which the Holy Spirit gives.

Rom 14:18 And when you serve Christ in this way, you please God and are approved by others.

Rom 14:19 So then, we must always aim at those things that bring peace and that help strengthen one another.

Rom 14:20 Do not, because of food, destroy what God has done. All foods may be eaten, but it is wrong to eat anything that will cause someone else to fall into sin.

Rom 14:21 The right thing to do is to keep from eating meat, drinking wine, or doing anything else that will make other believers fall.

Rom 14:22 Keep what you believe about this matter, then, between yourself and God. Happy are those who do not feel guilty when they do something they judge is right!

Rom 14:23 But if they have doubts about what they eat, God condemns them when they eat it, because their action is not based on faith. And anything that is not based on faith is sin.

Thus instead of Romans 14 saying we can do anything we feel like doing, it actually says the opposite- don’t eat what is okay to eat in front of a brother that thinks it’s sinful - it in reality adds restrictions on our behavior regarding foods.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In terms of what you are trying to say, I put it this way:

The Scriptures define the law of God for all to obey, but there is plenty of liberty in that law of Scripture, which leaves to the individual to decide by personal faith with his Savior Jesus Christ.

Scripture is the objective truth of God, that has plenty of subjective interpretations not against God, and is happy for the believer.

"Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth." (Rom 14)

So long as we don't begin to push our subjective beliefs upon others as Scripture, then all is well. We can truly live and let live within the perfect law of liberty of Christ Jesus. (James 1)

I believe we can share our subjective belief with others and if they do not agree it is okay we love them anyway. In my view, their is freedom in Christ Jesus in placing our faith in Him, I personally believe the objective truth is that Jesus Christ is the truth, the way, the life and no one comes to the father except by and through him. And people who have the spirit will have the fruits of the spirit which is causes us to have love.

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you believe Love and Freedom is paramount in the Christian Faith?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I look at Matthew 28 I look to who is being spoken to it is in the great commission breakdown that is my view on Matthew 28.

Please none of you ever lose hope and trust in God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Your eternal salvation rest upon your faith in God.

faith and the sacraments!
Mk 16:16 acts 2:38
Promise of the father, sacred oath is a sacrament

great commission is only to the apostles

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church does have authority to teach truth, even an obligation. But the moment it teaches error, it is no longer obeying Christ, but in rebellion. Your church stopped teaching truth 1800 years ago. And the errors your church taught grew progressively worse down through the centuries... And claims to infallibility were simply a bald faced fantasy to justify the lies and superstitions that subjected her members to fear and bondage.

The holy church founded by God (Christ) cannot teach error or God would be the author of error Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They taught us, it’s called the New Testament.

Jesus also gave the apostles the mandate to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons.

The apostles were so full of Holy Spirit Dunamis power, that just Peters shadow healed people.

Act 5:14 And more than ever believers were added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women,

Act 5:15 so that they even carried out the sick into the streets and laid them on cots and mats, that as Peter came by at least his shadow might fall on some of them.

Act 5:16 The people also gathered from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing the sick and those afflicted with unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

If there was apostolic succession, the Pope’s would go forth healing the sick, raising the dead, and casting out demons.

But they don’t.

they have done so through out history
St. Francis Paola work 7 miracles every day

Mk 16:17

Acts 8:30 And Philip running thither, heard him reading the prophet Isaias. And he said: Thinkest thou that thou understandest what thou readest?

31 Who said: And how can I, unless some man shew me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
Had the scripture God sent an apostle to instruct and baptize him

how did the eunuch know about baptism?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you make the bible authority?

I have to make a decision here: To let the living God of the bible : who also lives outside of the bible ~ be the authority in my life.

Or do I make the bible my authority in my life instead?

What do you choose? The bible as your authority or living by the spirit instead?

These are my questions @marks
Sounds like you don't like God of the Bible maybe?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people out here who idolize the bible making it their God rather than looking towards the Living God Himself who is with us by and through the Lord Jesus Christ whom resides in us by and through faith on the whom came, lived, died, and resurrected. If we believe in our heart God raised Him from the dead believers shall be saved to the kingdom of heaven.

The bible has been used to justify many things : that are not good or healthy also it can be used to demand others to conform to a person who is using the bibles ways, rather than allowing freedom by the spirit and there is freedom where the spirit of the Lord is.

That is awesome, Amigo. I would want to be taught or listen to someone who is using the bible for good and edification of others encouraging in faith, hope, love rather than to put someone down a road of bondage of must do this and must do that type of turmoil.

I agree test everything: Test everything that is being taught by anyone and trust in God, and the Lord Jesus Christ ~

No difference to you that is fine. That is you.

Here is my question:
But what about others who may use the bible wrongly? Do you have any thoughts about this? Do people use the bible wrongly in life? OR is everyone using it on the same bar and page?

Would you listen to someone who is teaching the bible in a wrong way?
I've heard that false accusation many times by people who reject the Bible. Who are those people you are referring to? You are obligated to tell us since you made the accusation!

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without Gods Living "WORD" (Christ), what would a Christian base their faith on?? Our imaginations? How do you know if a preacher, teacher, priest...is giving you sound doctrine without something to check it against...TEST every word a preacher says, don't just take it for granted that they are teaching sound doctrine. We are to be as the Bereans...

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard that false accusation many times by people who reject the Bible. Who are those people you are referring to? You are obligated to tell us since you made the accusation!

hAha right.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without Gods Living "WORD" (Christ), what would a Christian base their faith on?? Our imaginations? How do you know if a preacher, teacher, priest...is giving you sound doctrine without something to check it against...TEST every word a preacher says, don't just take it for granted that they are teaching sound doctrine. We are to be as the Bereans...

That is right; Do not allow people to force their beliefs upon you; GO AND SEEK TRUTH for yourself and study and see for yourself if they are right or wrong in their claims of whatever it is they are teaching or preaching.

Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t debate anymore or care if people think whatever they do after something has been presented. They can accept or reject it; I would suggest seeking and looking for answers from the source of the Bible as mentioned earlier.

My days of debating are done; because I Hate it.

People can idolize the Bible look at David Koresh or any other cult that has come up in the past here in America or anywhere in the past 2000 years.

If a person can not see that the Bible can be used a weapon and used to abuse people in believing a false narrative ; I’m not sure what to say other than okay then.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for clarification not a lot of people really care about God either. Been on another website called religiousforums and it quite amazing how people see believe and think about who Christ Jesus is. Some believe he was just a man great teacher or not worthy of their time.

It sucks to know but gotta love them anyway and not fight them just present the truth if they don’t believe what can you do? Okay then love you anyway thank you for your insights and views.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t debate anymore or care if people think whatever they do after something has been presented. They can accept or reject it; I would suggest seeking and looking for answers from the source of the Bible as mentioned earlier.

My days of debating are done; because I Hate it.

People can idolize the Bible look at David Koresh or any other cult that has come up in the past here in America or anywhere in the past 2000 years.

If a person can not see that the Bible can be used a weapon and used to abuse people in believing a false narrative ; I’m not sure what to say other than okay then.

In order for evil to triumph good men need do nothing! Something like that
Jude 1:3 contend for thee faith

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for clarification not a lot of people really care about God either. Been on another website called religiousforums and it quite amazing how people see believe and think about who Christ Jesus is. Some believe he was just a man great teacher or not worthy of their time.

It sucks to know but gotta love them anyway and not fight them just present the truth if they don’t believe what can you do? Okay then love you anyway thank you for your insights and views.

we are not called to be successful, only faithful! The HS will do most of the work!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
then scripture is inconsistent

what good do you do pointing out things but never explaining them

Spell it out otherwise I don’t know what your talking about
look at your statement and join the dots....it's self explanatory