The Reformers Biggest Mistake and Christianity's Need to Change it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you have no right to make up your own faith
Catholic and divine faith or dogma is only revealed by God! Jude 1:3
eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
You can accept or reject that’s all
And so you justify yourself and your church despite everything I've said here...
There are entire books detailing the ghastly and bloody intrusions upon the consciences of both individuals and groups of people at the hands of armies and governments throughout the world in obedience to the Roman pontiff. Massacres celebrated by the church, your church, as "victories for Christendom". You have no idea of the extent of the blasphemy of such actions. Murdering millions in the name of Christ for the sole purpose of defending power. And early Protestants were no better. Although they at least had an excuse... They were taught by Rome that such murders were justified. The wars against those who chose not to accept the creeds of the council of Nicea, was instigated by the bishop of Rome and carried out by the armies of the emperor. Disgraceful. Then at the same time were the wars carried out against Christian Sabbath keepers when the Roman church had decided to enforce Sunday observance in direct contradiction to biblical teaching and practise, even countermanding a Commandment of God in order to uphold an adopted pagan tradition.
The council of Trent debated for 16 years to to find a justifiable reason to counter the reformation. The authority of scripture versus the authority of the church. The bishop of Reggio finally came up with the answer. Because Protestants were observing Sunday, a day the Catholic Church itself claims as a mark of her authority, then Protestants agreed that the church has authority higher than scripture.
Well this person chooses to observe Sabbath on the 7th day. Therefore your church has no authority over me. I choose to have Christ as my authority. I choose to obey God's Commandments, not the Commandments of man.
If you want more information on the bloody history of the Roman church, then read Foxxe's book of Martyrs, or the history of the reformation by Dowling, or the history of the Waldenses by Wylie. That last ones a good one. There are many many more.
I am not making up my own faith...I follow the faith as written in scripture... Inspired by the holy Spirit. A faith that is in God's word and not the word of man. If you can tell me how my faith is wrong by comparing what I believe with scripture, then I will listen. But my faith does not have to be in accordance to Catholic principles... Those principles I have already proven are Antichrist.

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so you justify yourself and your church despite everything I've said here...

I am not making up my own faith...I follow the faith as written in scripture... Inspired by the holy Spirit. A faith that is in God's word and not the word of man. If you can tell me how my faith is wrong by comparing what I believe with scripture, then I will listen. But my faith does not have to be in accordance to Catholic principles... Those principles I have already proven are Antichrist.

books of heretics don’t count
Read the martyrs of the collesium or the victories of the martyrs

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sabbath was part of the old creation and old covenant

we are not under those but the new creation and new covenant

Sunday worship cos it’s the Lord’s day the day of the resurrection

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

in the new creation God also breathed life into them

Jn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

all things new

including the sabbath or worship day

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mistake was not in declaring the scriptures to be the sole authority of how a Christian is supposed to live. They were the sole source of authority in regards to how Christ lived, and He said man is supposed to live by every word that came from God's mouth(Matt. 4:4). I really don't understand how this man came to the conclusion that living strictly by what the Bible says is a bad thing when it's why Christ lived a morally flawless life as a human being. If every professing Christian held that view of the Bible, the entirety of the Christian world would be delivering an undeniably powerful witness against unbelievers.

Where the Reformers went wrong is that they never completely broke away from the errors of Catholicism, they introduced a multitude of their own righteous sounding errors, and then they enforced all of those errors by acting as if God personally revealed their tremendously flawed theology to them as biblical truth. Consequently, the Reformers created a false religion that was significantly more dangerous in its deceptive subtlety than Catholicism ever was.

Reactions: Wynona

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting thoughts, Desire of All nations. I do not know much about the reformation but I do know that Christian have warred in the centuries of time passed, against the social ills of the world.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either way it goes the Bible in the wrong hands can be abused. It would be impossible to discredit it as a factual statement. Because look at all the past cults and things and how people make the Bible the authority and can place religious demands upon people opposed to what Jesus Christ came to do which was to set free those in captivity bringing them into the light of the Kingdom of God by and through faith.

Enoch I do not believe in sola scriptura. Instead sola spiritus.

Pathfinder
I do not even know anything really all that much about the reformation. What happened?

What religious demands in particular are you against people spreading using the Bible?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a great question Wynona.

But what do you mean by that exactly?
Have you experienced any burdens of religious demands on you yourself in your own life ?

I have never had personal religious demands placed on me.

One time though went to this church and heard the pastor say this "DO NOT FORGET TO PAY YOUR TITHES TO PAY FOR THE CHURCH THAT YOU WANTED".

Anything placed upon you as a burden is a religious demand.

@Wynona 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” is what it spoken by Jesus in Matthew 11:28-30.

In the Christian walk many things can become burdensome but we have Christ Jesus to lean on to help us when we are weary and burdened that we may receive rest for our souls, even through our hardship and trials and experiences we all each go through in life which is filled to the brim of mountaintop highs, and valley lows. The only rest we get is from Christ Jesus learning and trusting and placing our trust in Him.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mistake was not in declaring the scriptures to be the sole authority of how a Christian is supposed to live. They were the sole source of authority in regards to how Christ lived, and He said man is supposed to live by every word that came from God's mouth(Matt. 4:4). I really don't understand how this man came to the conclusion that living strictly by what the Bible says is a bad thing when it's why Christ lived a morally flawless life as a human being. If every professing Christian held that view of the Bible, the entirety of the Christian world would be delivering an undeniably powerful witness against unbelievers.

Where the Reformers went wrong is that they never completely broke away from the errors of Catholicism, they introduced a multitude of their own righteous sounding errors, and then they enforced all of those errors by acting as if God personally revealed their tremendously flawed theology to them as biblical truth. Consequently, the Reformers created a false religion that was significantly more dangerous in its deceptive subtlety than Catholicism ever was.

Christ and his church are one acts 9:4 to attack the church is to attack Christ

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Reformers Biggest Mistake and Christianity's Need to Change it...Do you have any thoughts about on these things?
Precious friend, it is going to be Very Difficult for "christianity" to Correct ANY
"mistakes" Because Of ALL The Confusing Division it has brought upon itself!
Consider that all over "christian forums" people are discussing, and some
"biting and devouring" one another over:

(1)
God's ETERNAL Salvation!: Is It A FREE GIFT Of GRACE Through faith? OR:
Is it a temporary life based on "faith + works" Conditions? God's Simple Will

(2) Is
water baptism Required By God, Today, Under GRACE?
13 Bible baptisms

(3) Many other Disagreements, so the best any individual believer
Can Do FOR God, Is:

"Study" God's PURE, PRESERVED, And HOLY Word for him/herself, find
out what is True for him/herself, and then "be separated FROM all that
is false [UNclean]!" (2 Corinthians 6:17-18 KJB!)
Correct?

Point is: a Severely "Divided church against itself" cannot possibly Correct
its mistakes, But, individuals can and do, humbly "showing themSELVES
Approved Unto God!" Amen? Hopefully by all of these: Bible "study" Rules

@marks; They are people who make the bible their idol that make the bible as it is equal to God Himself.
Q: At "What Level" Does God Himself Place His Word?:

"I will worship toward Thy holy temple, and praise Thy HOLY
Name for Thy LovingKindness and for Thy TRUTH: for Thou
Hast MAGNIFIED Thy WORD Above All Thy Name!
"
( Psalms 138:2 KJB! )

Thus, IT
Cannot be an idol, Correct? What is idolatry is making
"church, men, And tradition" EQUAL/Higher Than God's HOLY WORD! Right?

Be Blessed!

Reactions: marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GRACE ambassador

When I mean people making the bible their idol. I do not mean to those who go to the word of God and read it and study it and they use it for the purpose of feeding the spirit of Christ with-in them and building up their faith.

I am mean people who make it an idol of like that of preaching HELL FIRE AND DAMNATION AMONG ALL THE HUMAN RACE AND ONLY A SELECT FEW WILL MAKE IT THROUGH: AND OVER HALF TEH POPULATION IS GOING TO HELL AND OVER HALF THE WORLD IS DEMONICALLY POSSESSED GODS WRATH IS GOING TO BEAT THEM DOWN AND THEY WILL BE PUT IN THE BOWELS OF THE LAKE OF FIRE FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER WITH THERE FLESH BURNING IN EVERLASTING ETERNAL PUSNISHMENT

type of idol.

Judgement and condemnation like this KILLS ANYTHING OF THE SPIRIT and quenches the spirit of Christ inside of us and makes us spiritually dead again having left the goodness of God into something much more it seems like to me I do not judge the for that if that is what they do but that doesn't seem like the Christian walk to me.

I hope that helps you understand.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus, IT Cannot be an idol, Correct?

No, I correct. From a modern translations, which makes the verse clearer:

Psalm 138:2
The Voice

2 I bow before You, looking to Your holy temple,
and praise Your name, for Your unfailing love and Your truth;
for You have placed Your name and Your word over all things and all times.

The idea of IDOLATRY is worshipping something man-made. I’ve found KJVism to be idolatry.

They worship the man-made translation in a form of legalism.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is exactly what am trying to say thank you @Wrangler

When we get to God we aren't going to impress him by our wisdom that comes from the earth especially if we are following man-made traditions over what God and his truths that are found in the bible are.

Hold on the Lord Jesus Christ friends and what was told to us by Him: to willingly Love God; and to Love mankind by and through faith is what we are called to do as Christians.

Anything away from that is very sketchy to me in my opinion.

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, it is going to be Very Difficult for "christianity" to Correct ANY
"mistakes" Because Of ALL The Confusing Division it has brought upon itself!
Consider that all over "christian forums" people are discussing, and some
"biting and devouring" one another over:

(1)
God's ETERNAL Salvation!: Is It A FREE GIFT Of GRACE Through faith? OR:
Is it a temporary life based on "faith + works" Conditions? God's Simple Will

(2) Is
water baptism Required By God, Today, Under GRACE?
13 Bible baptisms

(3) Many other Disagreements, so the best any individual believer
Can Do FOR God, Is:

"Study" God's PURE, PRESERVED, And HOLY Word for him/herself, find
out what is True for him/herself, and then "be separated FROM all that
is false [UNclean]!" (2 Corinthians 6:17-18 KJB!)
Correct?

Point is: a Severely "Divided church against itself" cannot possibly Correct
its mistakes, But, individuals can and do, humbly "showing themSELVES
Approved Unto God!" Amen? Hopefully by all of these: Bible "study" Rules

Q: At "What Level" Does God Himself Place His Word?:

"I will worship toward Thy holy temple, and praise Thy HOLY
Name for Thy LovingKindness and for Thy TRUTH: for Thou
Hast MAGNIFIED Thy WORD Above All Thy Name!
"
( Psalms 138:2 KJB! )

Thus, IT
Cannot be an idol, Correct? What is idolatry is making
"church, men, And tradition" EQUAL/Higher Than God's HOLY WORD! Right?

Be Blessed!

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers! Heb 13:17

We must be taught by Christ, thru His church by the apostles, Jn 16:13 Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4
Lk 24:27 acts 8:30-31 thee faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Protestantism is a sin against the Christian virtue of obedience!
(Spiritual anarchy)

Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Acts 5:32
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Lk 10:16 he who hears you (the apostles) hears me

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send (the apostles) receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21-23 as the father sent me, so send I you. (The apostles)

All Protestantism can produce is confusion, anarchy, disobedience, spiritual blindness, pride, presumption, and arrogant rebellion!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, falsely equating the RCC denomination with the entirety of Christ’s church.

what else is there, thousands of unauthorized sects all man made with contradictory doctrine

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers! Heb 13:17

We must be taught by Christ, thru His church by the apostles, Jn 16:13 Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4
Lk 24:27 acts 8:30-31 thee faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Protestantism is a sin against the Christian virtue of obedience!
(Spiritual anarchy)

Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Acts 5:32
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Lk 10:16 he who hears you (the apostles) hears me

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send (the apostles) receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21-23 as the father sent me, so send I you. (The apostles)

All Protestantism can produce is confusion, anarchy, disobedience, spiritual blindness, pride, presumption, and arrogant rebellion!