The Rest of The Dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not asking about that, I'm asking you about amillennials and preterists. You say you are amillennial. I am not. And neither am I preterist. I'm asking are you?
I am not a Preterist.
The nation of Israel was a prototype, an example, a forerunner of what God intended for all people by His Grace through His Son. A prototype is never used in the production run, of the intended product. Once the example is set, the work on it is ENDED, as was the case for Israel.

The KoG was taken from them, but that doesn't mean that they as individuals are excluded from the KoG. If they want to be in the "production run" , they must first believe in Jesus!
If not, then individually, God will leave them each on the back shelf, collecting dust, "condemned already" for the scrap heap! John 3:18.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a Preterist.
The nation of Israel was a prototype, an example, a forerunner of what God intended for all people by His Grace through His Son. A prototype is never used in the production run, of the intended product. Once the example is set, the work on it is ENDED, as was the case for Israel.

The KoG was taken from them, but that doesn't mean that they as individuals are excluded from the KoG. If they want to be in the "production run" , they must first believe in Jesus!
If not, then individually, God will leave them each on the back shelf, collecting dust, "condemned already" for the scrap heap! John 3:18.

Thank you for answering my question.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for whether a thousand years or God's grace is forever, it is God who is forever. And if you want to say it is Grace, say it. But you should add so much more also, such as justice, love, and righteousness, etc., etc..
I did say it!
God's Grace and His Love is forever.
Which is to say, according to scripture, means God's Grace in the world, through His Son, could go on forever, 1000, 2000, 3000 years and on, AS LONG AS MEN shall HAVE FAITH to "believe that God is"!!
It was Jesus' concern, and WHY it is that He does NOT know the time of His return, only the Father.
Luke 18:8

It is by the Father's "Longsuffering" and "Grace" to continue seeking us out, AS LONG as men still have faith to believe" that He is". Hebrews 11:6
That is THE ONLY reason why Jesus hasn't been sent from Heaven, on His return trip, in flaming fire!
2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.
Time has nothing to do with it.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this mean that you are of the view that satan is no longer bound? Millennium over?
Hi marks, sorry i missed your post.
I prefer not to use the religiously applied word "Millennium". It automatically derails ones thinking, into the lines of preconcieved ideas and thoughts of religious, denominational persuasion.

First, one must understand when it was that satan was bound, and what he was bound from.
Jesus said the following, about Himself, satan and all who are not "Born Again" of God's Holy Spirit:
Matthew 12[28] But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
[29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
He also said it this way: John 8:44.
> All who are not Born Again, ARE satan's "goods".
Jesus came to "spoil satan's goods".
Strongs #1283 "spoil- to seize assunder, to plunder" aka to rob thoroughly.

Every person who is born again, has the permanent resident of God's Holy Spirit. Satan was booted out, and is BOUND from ever returning again, to make a claim on that which was once his "goods".

Corporately, all Born Again Christians, no matter what denomination, through faith, now belong to Christ, by the price and power of His shed Blood!
We ARE "a holy NATION" unto God, for His purposes. 1 Peter 2:9

Therefore, as Christ said:
Mat. 24[24] For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
2B Cont'd

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are "the rest of the dead":

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. (Rev 20:12)
Now, does it matter one iota of what is "written in the books", if one's name is NOT written in "The Book of Life" ??
There is no GWT judgment to come for anyone!!
Its just a colorful way of saying John 3:18.

Jesus IS God's JUDGMENT upon the world.
He Himself IS The Book of Life. EIther you are IN Jesus, or you ARE NOT. Romans 8:9 explains it very well.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What i am saying is FAR from pillars of error.
So please get in line and speak on the scriptures i post, proving what i say!
Conjecture? Where? If anything is conjecture, its your continual misunderstanding and misapplication of the time Adam fell. We get it!!
We inherited death! OK, now move on over to 2 Thessalonians 2:3 and speak from that! What will people be "falling away" from?
You do know what it is, and has nothing to do with Adam and his fall.
All have fallen from the truth, which you now also do by not including the whole word, the whole truth, but are fixated on just part. This too is the believing of a lie.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did say it!
God's Grace and His Love is forever.
Which is to say, according to scripture, means God's Grace in the world, through His Son, could go on forever, 1000, 2000, 3000 years and on, AS LONG AS MEN shall HAVE FAITH to "believe that God is"!!
It was Jesus' concern, and WHY it is that He does NOT know the time of His return, only the Father.
Luke 18:8

It is by the Father's "Longsuffering" and "Grace" to continue seeking us out, AS LONG as men still have faith to believe" that He is". Hebrews 11:6
That is THE ONLY reason why Jesus hasn't been sent from Heaven, on His return trip, in flaming fire!
2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.
Time has nothing to do with it.
You speak as if Jesus has not come already; as if no one has ever testified that they have heard Him knocking and opened the door and even now abide with Him and He with them. There is only one reason that anyone would deny that He has already come...which is not possible for anyone who walks with Him. Your witness is that He is not with you. You make that obvious.

As He said, He is the Truth. But you say, He is not come again...a confession that the Truth is not in you.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak as if Jesus has not come already; as if no one has ever testified that they have heard Him knocking and opened the door and even now abide with Him and He with them. There is only one reason that anyone would deny that He has already come...which is not possible for anyone who walks with Him. Your witness is that He is not with you. You make that obvious.

As He said, He is the Truth. But you say, He is not come again...a confession that the Truth is not in you.
Do you read what I say, and quote for scripture?
If so, then you are not discerning the Lord's Truth of Himself within me.
I have quoted and have spoken about Romans 8:9, which is directly connected to Luke 11:13 and John 14:17-18. Everyone who is Born Again has had Jesus come to dwell with them forever, in the Person of His Holy Spirit.

But, none of that negates His Promise to physically and visibly return from Heaven, in the Glory of His Immortal Self.
2 Thes. 1[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
[10] When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All have fallen from the truth, which you now also do by not including the whole word, the whole truth, but are fixated on just part. This too is the believing of a lie.
Its apparent to me, that you also cannot study and speak of ALL of His Truth, all at the same time.
Only Jesus Himself is the Truth. He is the core of every topic and every subject that seeks truth.

So, if you please, lets continue on this topic about "The Rest of The Dead".
Though many have already expressed their comments, What are your thoughts about that?

Are they the dead of the unsaved without Christ, or are they the dead of the saved in Christ?
How you view the issue on "a thousand years", shall determine your answer.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this mean that you are of the view that satan is no longer bound? Millennium over?
Cont'd to "marks":
So, in conclusion of what I posted on Monday 2:02 pm, satan is no longer bound, since the 1800s, and the symbolic period of "a thousand years", of God's Age of Grace, is finished, but waning.

Though Satan knows now that he "has but a short time", the Grace of God still is available in the world, because people are still coming to repentance to God through faith in Jesus, of which shall become less and less, until no one repents, as Revelation specifically says will happen:
Rev. 9[20] And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
[21] Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Therefore, as the intensity of satan's deception increases, and his gathering of the nations, to be ready to fight against Christ's return is established (Revelation 19:19), more and more people are, and will be, "falling away" from simple faith, to "believe that God is." Hebrews 11:6
Jesus was concerned about that dilemma. Luke 18:8.

As for the faith of God's people, called Born Again Christians, upon His return, they are ready, because they all are sealed with His Holy Spirit, unto the Day of redemption, and it is NOT possible for them to be decieved, that they should "fall away" from faith. Ephesians 4:30 and Matthew 24:24

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to rightly divide the Word of Truth, which means we are to know when a number is to be taken literally, and when it is to be taken metaphorically. The sequence of events in Revelation 20 compels us to take 1,000 years literally.

REVELATION 20

THERE IS A LITERAL BOTTOMLESS PIT
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

SATAN IS BOUND AND CONFINED FOR 1000 YEARS
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

SATAN WILL NOT DECEIVE MEN FOR 1000 YEARS
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

CHRIST AND THE SAINTS WILL REIGN FOR 1000 YEARS
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

THE UNSAVED DEAD WILL BE RAISED AFTER 1000 YEARS
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

THE SAINTS WILL CERTAINLY REIGN FOR 1000 YEARS
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

SATAN WILL BE LOOSED AFTER 1000 YEARS
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

THE BATTLE OF GOG AND MAGOG WILL FOLLOW
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
You are NOT rightly dividing or discerning the words of His Truth, if you are interpreting it, as it is literally written. To do so in that manner, is to erroneously lean unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5, thereby ignoring His counsel for discernment in Isaiah 55:8-9, and His internal assistance by John 16:13.
All of what you propose is fiction, and not even near the truth of what is being revealed by the Holy Spirit's guidance through God's word.
Your conclusion is typical of the analytically minded and the persuasion of denominational Religion.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, one must understand when it was that satan was bound, and what he was bound from.
Jesus said the following, about Himself, satan and all who are not "Born Again" of God's Holy Spirit:
Matthew 12[28] But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
[29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
He also said it this way: John 8:44.
> All who are not Born Again, ARE satan's "goods".
Jesus came to "spoil satan's goods".
Strongs #1283 "spoil- to seize assunder, to plunder" aka to rob thoroughly.

OK, thank you, I understand better where you are coming from.

Who would you say is the "prince of the power of air" that Paul writes of in Ephesians 2?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are NOT rightly dividing or discerning the words of His Truth, if you are interpreting it, as it is literally written. To do so in that manner, is to erroneously lean unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5, thereby ignoring His counsel for discernment in Isaiah 55:8-9, and His internal assistance by John 16:13.

How so?

Let me ask you . . . Did a actual physical bodied man named Jesus die on a literal wooden cross? Actual iron spikes driven with a hammer you could hold in your hand?

If you do . . . why would you, unless you are coming to the Bible with the idea that you could read it and accept what it says as what it means?

If we say that you cannot just read it and accept it, then we'd have to ask, what means this "man"? What means this "cross"? And then our answers will be as different as all the others.

Isn't that so?

Much love!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, but this is a compex question which renders it impossible to correctly answer, and therefore does not advance the discussion. You really aren't saying much more than that I either agree with your view or I'm a fool, purposely choosing what I know is a lie.

Right.

Jesus returns. Israel is gathered. Jesus sits on His throne. The nations are gathered. Jesus judges the nations. The unrighteous - those who did not care for the Jews - are sent away. The righteous - those who did care for the Jews, are welcomed into the kingdom. These are they who repopulate the earth in the 1000 year kingdom

Much love!
Think! Repopulate the earth with who??
Escapees
of "flesh and blood", who managed to survive the flaming fire of Christ's Return, in all His Glory? Who is kidding who???
Think on this before you take one more step in embracing what is being fabricated and forecasted by the religiously endowed of Religion, concerning
a "Millennium" of world wide Peace on this OLD earth:
2 Thessalonians 2[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think! Repopulate the earth with who??
Escapees
of "flesh and blood", who managed to survive the flaming fire of Christ's Return, in all His Glory? Who is kidding who???
Think on this before you take one more step in embracing what is being fabricated and forecasted by the religiously endowed of Religion, concerning
a "Millennium" of world wide Peace on this OLD earth:
2 Thessalonians 2[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
Who is kidding whom? I don't know.

To answer your question, repopulate with whom . . .

Matthew 25:33-34 "And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world"

Last edited:

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

After satan is no longer bound, then he will deceive the nations.

Much love!

For what it's worth, I will post my views on this whole 'bound/loose' ball of wax.

When Satan is 'bound' it simply means that he is not in a physical body.

When Satan is 'loosed' it means the opposite. Satan is now in a physical body.

This will occur a total of seven times, hence the Seven Heads of the Beast/Dragon...

Revelation 13:1
"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy"

The Sea is the Sea of People...

Revelation 17:15
"And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues"

More specifically, the 'Sea' is the Embryonic Fluid in the Womb from which Satan will be birthed from. In other words, the 'Pit'...

Proverbs 23:27
"For a whore is a deep ditch; and a strange woman is a narrow pit"

An example of one time Satan was loosed and birthed is Pharaoh...

Ezekiel 29:3
"Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself"

Thus, Pharaoh is one of the Seven Heads of the Beast/Dragon.

The bottom line is that Satan has been bound and loosed many times already, therefore it is a moot point to try and create or prove some millennial timeline out of it.

When Scripture talks about Satan no longer deceiving the nations, it is referring to Satan as a Physical Being, and not in a general sense.

Last edited:

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See...

If you folks understood that Reincarnation is Biblical, you would understand that Satan is Reincarnated seven times.

His mom being the Harlot.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Satan is 'bound' it simply means that he is not in a physical body.

When Satan is 'loosed' it means the opposite. Satan is now in a physical body.
Where will I find this teaching in the Bible?