The Rest of The Dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ Reply to Nancy, in addition:
For anyone who does take the mark of the beast, they wouldn't be following sound doctrine, as you say.

Yes, for sure! They are sitting pretty, thinking they will be whisked away during these times, they are not growing their faith and, I can see many falling away because of this doctrine...not to mention those (un believers) who hear them say this stuff and when they find out that no rapture takes place will take the mark! As much as I used to like Hal Lindsay, he is the one (I think) who ushered in this "rapture" idea.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 and Luke 18:8, there will be a definite situation that causes people to lose faith. For if that does NOT take place first, then the Lord cannot return in all His physical Glory.
I believe that the situation, that causes people to lose faith, will be the mark of the beast".
Which is greater, the sin of Adam and the fall, or the sin of all who fall short of the glory of God?

Your comment above seems to indicate that you view the sin of losing faith by certain members of Adam's descendants as being greater than the great fall of all mankind. But they are the same...and if they are the same, then Paul's words in 2 Thessalonians 2 were not a prophecy so much as they were a general fact regarding all mankind.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
"Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,"

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, for sure! They are sitting pretty, thinking they will be whisked away during these times, they are not growing their faith and, I can see many falling away because of this doctrine...not to mention those (un believers) who hear them say this stuff and when they find out that no rapture takes place will take the mark! As much as I used to like Hal Lindsay, he is the one (I think) who ushered in this "rapture" idea.
I came from that religious mind set. I was born again in 1975, and bought the book "The Late Great Planet Earth".
Being a new Christian then, I was
"raptured" as they say, right into satan's web of false prophets. But as I became more knowledgable about God's word, and trusting God's Holy Spirit, He turned my head and my heart, to understand that the Lord's Glorious and physical return, in flaming fire, is going to a simultaneous event.

The bodily resurrecting/changing of His people instantly, and the destruction of the living wicked, with all the graves (pits) of the wicked being burned, up in the Lake of Fire. That will be the entire earth in burning lava, from the melted elements.
There will be NO "Escapees".

Reactions: Nancy

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^... except we the Lords saints, who are alive, meet the Lord in the air, with the saints who died in faith, He brings with Him, and so shall we ever be with Lord.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came from that religious mind set. I was born again in 1975, and bought the book "The Late Great Planet Earth".
Being a new Christian then, I was
"raptured" as they say, right into satan's web of false prophets. But as I became more knowledgable about God's word, and trusting God's Holy Spirit, He turned my head and my heart, to understand that the Lord's Glorious and physical return, in flaming fire, is going to a simultaneous event.

The bodily resurrecting/changing of His people instantly, and the destruction of the living wicked, with all the graves (pits) of the wicked being burned, up in the Lake of Fire. That will be the entire earth in burning lava, from the melted elements.
There will be NO "Escapees".

Yes, I too was a "rapture" gal for years until I truly started to study and opened myself to the Holy Spirit's guidance. Also, I read allot, listen to many views. Also read The :
Late Great Planet Earth in the 70's...as my mom read it and was bowled over by it. So many false teachers out there and, we know Satan comes as an angel of light and corrupts the minds of not just un-believers but Christians who will not budge from this position.

"That will be the entire earth in burning lava, from the melted elements.
There will be NO "Escapees"

For sure! I pray for my family members who are saved yet, they will not budge on the erroneous "rapture" belief.

"the Lord's Glorious and physical return, in flaming fire, is going to a simultaneous event. "
Agreed 100% !

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is greater, the sin of Adam and the fall, or the sin of all who fall short of the glory of God?

Your comment above seems to indicate that you view the sin of losing faith by certain members of Adam's descendants as being greater than the great fall of all mankind. But they are the same...and if they are the same, then Paul's words in 2 Thessalonians 2 were not a prophecy so much as they were a general fact regarding all mankind.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
"Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,"
Whoa! There is a big difference in the situations, in how you are trying to compare the word "fall" here.
Adam fell away from innocense and into the knowledge of good and evil.
Paul is describing the word "fall", in that
there shall be a falling away from faith and into apostasy.
Each are two different situations, that bring about two different results.

Now, I did notice that you quoted from the
NKJV 2 Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,"

I suspected that, because of the multiple word changes, of which I hi-lited in Red
KJV- 2 Thes. 2[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

BTW, Not to split hairs here over different versions, but any word change, different than that of the 1611 KJV, always raises a Red flag with me.

But even more so, everything that is translated from the Wescott and Hort Greek, just forget about the flag, I simply see Red automatically.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoa! There is a big difference in the situations, in how you are trying to compare the word "fall" here.
Adam fell away from innocense and into the knowledge of good and evil.
Paul is describing the word "fall", in that
there shall be a falling away from faith and into apostasy.
Each are two different situations, that bring about two different results.

Now, I did notice that you quoted from the
NKJV 2 Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,"

I suspected that, because of the multiple word changes, of which I hi-lited in Red
KJV- 2 Thes. 2[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

BTW, Not to split hairs here over different versions, but any word change, different than that of the 1611 KJV, always raises a Red flag with me.

But even more so, everything that is translated from the Wescott and Hort Greek, just forget about the flag, I simply see Red automatically.
So then you obviously believe that one sin or fall is not equal to another...which of course, is not biblical.

That is why I specifically asked:

"Which is greater, the sin of Adam and the fall, or the sin of all who fall short of the glory of God?"

...Now, if you can admit it, perhaps we can talk about the truth and what is actually biblical.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you obviously believe that one sin or fall is not equal to another...which of course, is not biblical.

That is why I specifically asked:

"Which is greater, the sin of Adam and the fall, or the sin of all who fall short of the glory of God?"

...Now, if you can admit it, perhaps we can talk about the truth and what is actually biblical.
I understand your perspective, being from that of God's point of view, of how there is no sin above another. To THAT I agree, but that is not the perpective that God is speaking from in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3. He is speaking to the Day of the physical return of Christ from Heaven.

However, He specifically told us of what the situation shall be ON THE EARTH, and that which has to do WITH HIMSELF. By those two situations, it is preventing God the Father from sending Jesus to physically Redeem us unto Himself.
They are:
1. Christ shall not return, except there come a falling away (from faith) first...2 Thes. 2:1-3
2. [9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise (of salvation),.....but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9.

When people fall away from having faith in God,
it will be then that God's Longsuffering will have ENDED.
It will be then and only then, shall He send Jesus to return!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
BTW, is it not true, that Jesus is the First Resurrection?
And if we "hath (have) part in the first resurrection", is that not discriptive of what Peter says in 1 Peter 2 [4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Is that not happening NOW, when we say that "we are IN Jesus", by His Gift of the Holy Spirit?

I believe it is, that all who are in Jesus, are now participants, having part in the divine nature, who is Jesus, the First Resurrection, being Himself, "the firstborn from the dead". Colossians 1:18
Rev 20:5-6
(5) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
(6) Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Hi Earburner, As per the Scriptures below, I believe in a literal first resurrection of the saints, at which event our bodies will be gloried, just as Christ's was. Notice the subject is the resurrection of the dead. I presume you have not been fatally dead as yet...

1Co 15:42-44
(42) So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
(43) It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
(44) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My dear Stumpmaster, you stump me with your flawed mastering of the Book of Revelation and the fact that you have not put the Book of Revelation into the actual Chronological order that all the events in Revelation will occur in.

Some of the imagery in the Book of Revelation begins at the end and then travels back in time to the start of the Millennium Age. Other sections start at the beginning of the Millennium Age and unfolds in a forward progression with respect to time.

When the chronological order of the Book of Revelation is truly established correctly, it looks nothing like the order you present.

My post was aimed at your chronological order of the events that will unfold over the period of the Millennium Age. It was not addressing your theories about the wicked fallen heavenly hosts that are mentioned in the Book of Revelation.

Shalom
Ignoring ad hominem fallacies, Jay, and focusing on the illogical assertion I am refuting, that the Man of Sin is Satan, how do your beliefs of chronology prove this obvious false notion which you seem to be in support of?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ignoring ad hominem fallacies, Jay, and focusing on the illogical assertion I am refuting, that the Man of Sin is Satan, how do your beliefs of chronology prove this obvious false notion which you seem to be in support of?

It seems that you also do not know how to comprehend what is written by other members. Good luck with trying to pick a fight on trivia when you have not mastered the ability to listen/read.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
That is my point! Satan has been decieving the nations, all except one, the universal and invisible "nation" of Born Again Christians (BAC), who are peppered in all the churches, that profess that Jesus is "the Lamb of God, that taketh away (removes) the sin of the world" .
But now, ever since the 1800s, satan's ability to decieve, has now entered the visible churches, but Matthew 24:24 shall remain firm for the BAC until Jesus returns in flaming fire!

He ain't gotta deceive those who don't believe as they are already deceived.The only people that can be deceived are Christians....

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Judgment is coming for the millions of Christian brothers and sisters who have lost their lives for the witness of Jesus Christ over the past two thousand years. Also receiving rewards are those that have not bowed to the Antichrist in the five month period of deception (coming up shortly), nor did they take his mark through the deception, nor accepted his ways (image) in their minds. If you believe in the rapture theory, you will worship Satan in error. Mark 13 and Matthew 24 makes it clear that the Antichrist will come first. The "rapture theory" teaches that you will be lifted out by the first messiah, and that first (false) messiah is the Antichrist.

Ezekiel 3:8, 9 tells us "our forehead" is our mind. The seal that is in our forehead is what we believe to be true in our minds. The "mark of the beast" is the knowledge you will possess in your mind. What you believe as truth will either cause you to be deceive, or prevent you from being deceived by the first (false) Christ into thinking he is the true messiah.

Revelation 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."

If you are saved and make a stand against the Antichrist and his deceptions, you will reign with Christ 1,000 years.

Those who did take the "mark of the beast", their souls will not, I repeat, will not have an eternal spiritual body until they are tested after the millennium. I Corinthians 15:50-52 describes the mystery of the two bodies. The physical and spiritual bodies are two separate entities. There are also two spiritual bodies, one eternal, the other perishable (mortal). Those who take the mark of the beast will not have their eternal bodies at the seventh trump. Instead they will have mortal spiritual bodies (liable-to-die), and have to be taught again to learn the difference between 'the holy from the profane' for 1,000 years and then be tested at the end of it to earn that eternal body by choosing Jesus Christ.

What are we talking about when it says "the rest of the dead"? The difference in taking part in the first resurrection or not taking part -- which hinges on whether or not they were deceived by the Antichrist. Remember, John has been taken in the Spirit to the last day before Christ's return. Revelation 20 is talking about that specific day when the last trump sounds, and Jesus Christ our Lord is returning with His saints to the earth. This verse is not addressing those who died 50, 100, or at any time from any century prior to the sounding of the seventh trump. It is addressing the generation (our generation) who will live in the time of the seven seals, and those who will see some take Satan's mark (the mark of the beast) and give service to him.

I Corinthians 15:52 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

The kingdom of God is wherever Jesus Christ is, and flesh and blood cannot exist in that kingdom. When Christ returns for the Millennium age here on earth, flesh and blood bodies will not exist.

I Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"

This is a mystery that Paul is going to reveal to us that had been hidden until Paul's writing. This mystery concerns what happens at a particular point in time, for at that instant, there will be no more death. "Sleep" as used here, is # 2838 in the Strong's Greek Dictionary; "Koimesis, koy'-may-sis; from 2837, to put to sleep." We read in # 2837; "Koimao, Koy-mah'-o; to put to sleep, to decease, to be dead."

So a time is coming when all the people on the face of the earth will never see death in their flesh bodies again. This is the mystery that Paul is going to tell us; when this event shall take place.

I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

On the first day of the Millennium age, the "Kingdom of Heaven" will be with us on earth. You cannot enter that kingdom age in a flesh body. Therefore, it is written in verse 52 that all will be changed, in the wink of an eye, and at the last trump (seventh trump). When that seventh trump sounds, everyone on earth will be changed to an incorruptible body.

That doesn't have anything to do with your soul, or its condition. Your physical body and your spiritual body (soul) have nothing to do with the condition of one another. Your soul is your inner man that will exist in your current flesh body, and either at death or at the seventh trump, will be changed and enter into a new body (spirit body) which will not be subject to the decay this flesh body is subject to.

So, to understand what will occur in the Millennium age, you must understand that instantly following the seventh trump, all flesh bodies simply do not have life. Not one person will exist in the flesh. Every person will have the same capabilities and all will have the understanding to be taught without Satan's influence.

However, only those saints of God who have died in the flesh, or who lived and stood against Satan will take part in the first resurrection. By that I mean, will have an active part with Jesus Christ in His kingdom and reign, as he rules and teaches the earth for one thousand years, and live in their immortal soul bodies. (There will be those who stumble for a short time and bow to satan, but they will repent before the seventh trumpet. Daniel 11:34 and still be part of the first resurrection - because they repented prior to the end of this flesh age).

I Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

The word "mortal" as used here in the Greek manuscripts never applies to a physical body, but it applies to your soul. So we see our physical bodies are gone at the seventh trump, and the mortal (soul) must put on immortality. That soul becomes your existence in the Millennium age. When the time of judgment comes at the end of the Millennium, you will enter eternity with Christ, or you will cease to exist -- you will be destroyed. At that time even the memory of your existence will be eliminated. This is serious business, my friend, and you know it.

If you enter the Millennium with a mortal (liable to die) soul, by following the Antichrist in ignorance, you must be an overcomer in the Millennium, or your soul will not put on immortality, and it will die.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Revelation 20:12"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Notice there are two sets of books here. The first called "The Books" is to judge the unsaved. The second is the "Book of Life" where only the names of the saved are recorded. The saved have had their sins removed from God's judgment and booted out. Though they were committed, the blood of Christ has covered them from being used against us.

Notice how all souls are judged "according to their works". Does it talk about faith here after the Millennium? No. The "great white throne judgment" will not take faith into consideration. The first resurrection takes faith into consideration. That was back on "the Lord's day". That was Jesus Christ's "great day". On the last day of the Millennium age, souls are judged by works only.

Why are you judged for works only? Faith is something hoped for but unseen. You don't see Jesus Christ on earth today, you will see his wonderful works, and be led by Him and His Spirit in the Millennium age. Today He is in heaven and not walking on this earth. However, in the millennium, He will be on earth, and all will have full intelligence, with full recall and will be taught. The Heavenly Father honors all those with grace, that have accepted His Son by faith through repentance without Christ's physical presence here on earth, if you believed in His Word.

To those who are not under grace in the Millennium, their salvation will be only through and by their works. For faith doesn't exist to them. There will be no ignorance, physical handicap, for you will see, know, and experience Our Lord first hand.

If you follow the Antichrist, the first Christ to appear, you will have forfeited your salvation in this earth age. You will not be under the grace of God, and your works will be the only thing that matters on the last day of the Millennium, the day of judgment. They will be judged by works alone, for they have seen Jesus Christ, and are without excuse. The "rapture theory" leaves believers defenseless against Satan, for they will be taken in by Satan's deceptions.

Revelation 20:13 "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

The sea is the massive number of mortal souls that follow Satan. These are those souls who did not overcome, and are in a place of holding at the time of their physical death, and also from the Millennium. There it is again! "According to their works."

Don't be frightened by this! For we are now under grace, and the Antichrist has not yet arrived. You are going to face the truth now, or be judged by your works from the thousand year Millennium age. Eternity is a long time, so much so that our minds simply cannot comprehend it.

To refuse Christ at the end of the Millennium age will commit you to destruction.

Revelation 20:14 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

This "second death" is also the final death and the sinner's soul will be turned to ashes from within. Death and even the thought of death will be no more with us.

I Corinthins 15:54 "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

Following this death of the mortal soul, after the final judgment, only victory remains. Those of the mortal soul will be so blotted out from the minds of their saved loved ones that even the remembrance of their existence will not exist. There will be no tears or sorrow for them by loved ones, because it will be as if that soul had never existed and been created in the first place.

I Corinthians 15:55 "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"

There will be no sting of death following the second resurrection, for all souls living then will be eternal and immortal.

I Corinthians 15:56 "The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law."

I Corinthians 15:57 "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Our hope and salvation now can only be through our Lord and Savior.

Hebrews 2:15 "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"

Jesus said he came to earth to destroy death, which is the devil.

Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

It is important that we understand the chronological order of the events that will occur, and the physical and spiritual bodies that we will be in during each of these times. The very condition, and life of your soul relies on your understanding of these events. For by not understanding them, and chasing after man's traditions, assures that you will follow the Antichrist and think he is the true Christ. This is a must before we can understand the Millennium age.

revelation20

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Revelation 18:4 "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

How does one come out of something that the were never in?

Who are the my people in that verse?

satan will not maybe but shall deceive the whole world and like I said only Christians can be deceived as the rest of the world already are.

satan pretending to be Christ will be the biggest deception in the history of mankind.that's why it was Christ number one warning

Matthew 24:4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, "Take heed that no man deceive you."

This is the number one warning, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Deception will be the foremost thing to guard against in the latter days, that will consummate the end of this age. This means that these events will not happen all at one time, but will take place over a period of time. These warnings or signs that Jesus is about to give us, are the seven seals that are given us in the Book of Revelation.

These are an exact overlay of the seven events, which are the seven seals that we should be watching for today. At the end of Matthew we will include the thirteenth chapter of Mark, which is an overlay of Matthew twenty four.

God's elect will be delivered up and at that time the Holy Spirit will speak through them,and this is how most Christians will come out of her.

Mark 13:11 "But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost [Spirit]."

Now,what hour is this?It's the hour of temptation.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
satan and his angels are coming to this earth live and in person won't be no possessions it will be him and them period.If you think you gonna somehow be raptured before this happens you will be deceived.

Revelation 12:7 "And there was war in heaven: Mi'-cha-el and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,,"

Revelation 12:8 "And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven."

This is the time of the sounding of the fifth trumpet, when Satan and his fallen angels are released upon the earth for the final five months period, spoken of in Revelation 9:5, 10. Satan will spend five months here on earth deceiving all mankind, then go to the pit for the thousand years. After that thousand years, Satan [not his fallen angels] will be released for a short period, then go to perdition [perish]. Once Satan is kicked out of heaven, he will not be allowed to return. Today Satan is in heaven accusing the saints before the Lord.

This is prophesy that will come in the very near future.

Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa'-tan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

If you were ever confused who Satan is, John calls him by the names he used while playing his different roles on earth. The "dragon" is Satan's role in that first earth age, when one third of all of God's children followed him. Satan's evil spirit is allowed on earth now, along with his demons. However, you haven't seen Satan in person yet. Satan and his angels, both physically and bodily, will come to earth just as they did in Genesis 6.

his(satans)angels won't go into the pit for the simple fact that they will die the instant Christ feet hit the ground

Revelation 11:13 "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven."

Within the hour, the earthquake that is going to split the mount of Olives will take place. A way, or path will be made for Christ's children to make it back to Him.

Why would God kill 7000 men at this moment? Those are the angels of Satan will die at this time, all of them. They are the men that God will kill. Satan's time for his story telling is over, and all those fallen angels helping him will be destroyed.

The "remnant" that is of God's election will give glory to God because it is over. The tribulation, the testing, these flesh bodies, and this earth age of the flesh will be over.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20:5-6
(5) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
(6) Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Hi Earburner, As per the Scriptures below, I believe in a literal first resurrection of the saints, at which event our bodies will be gloried, just as Christ's was. Notice the subject is the resurrection of the dead. I presume you have not been fatally dead as yet...
Thanks for your repy "Stumpmaster", I am sure that you and I ARE FAITHFULLY WAITING to be physically and bodily resurrected in the Day of Jesus' sudden appearance from Heaven, in the fulness of his Glory, in Flaming Fire.
Having said that, of a surety you do now know, HOW it is and in what manner I believe about the Lord's sudden return.

However, about us being spiritually RISEN now, that is where most confusion exists. Colossians 2:9-12.
In the moment that we believe, and accept/recieve Christ as our Savior, He immediately fills us with His Holy Spirit of Promise, and makes us at once to be acceptable to the Father, through our faith in the shed Blood of Christ's Crucifixion AND HIS Resurrection. Without that work of Christ, especially His Resurrection and Ascension, the Gift of Eternal Life, would never have been transacted to any one of us.
1 John 5[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye HAVE eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Is that the end of His story?
No, of course not, but it is rather the beginning!
All we, who have been born again by his Spirit, are waiting to be physically resurrected/changed into the physical likeness of Christ's Immortal body.
The key to understand here is, while we all have breath, we must "follow" him IN HIS Resurrection, who Himself IS the First Resurrection, being the truth of John 3:3-18 and Romans 8:8-9.

In brief, our physical resurrection is totally dependant on His Resurrection, who IS THE First Resurrection, and whether or not that we had become previously RISEN with Him IN/BY His Holy Spirit, aka "Marvel not that I said unto you:
YE MUST BE born again.".

Being born again by his Spirit NOW, is the first stage of the twofold work of OUR REDEMPTION.
Ephesians 4[30] And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Aka our bodily resurrection!

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ So yes! Blessed and holy is he, that HATH PART (present tense) in the first resurrection (who is Christ), the second death hath no power...", as shown in 1 John 5:13.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then, WHO are the rest of the dead, that LIVED NOT AGAIN, until AFTER the thousand years were finished? I could and would tell you, but I would rather that the Lord instruct (guide) you into ALL of His truth!

In regards to "the thousand years", one has to come to terms as to what it is exactly.
In the churches today, there are two schools of thought. They are:
1. The Premillennial view and
2. The Amillennial view.
Before you come to a staunch and concrete conclusion about the "Premillennial" view, i strongly urge you to thoroughly invesigate the "Amillennial" view. I once was virtually unmovevable on the Premillennial, but after years of KJV- NT Bible study in depth, I am now and forever COMPLETLY sold on the Amillennial view!!
I am now in Him, with "His Peace that passes all understanding".

God's Blessings to you,
Earburner