The right to abort. The right to ask for the aborted to be adopted instead. These are the same thing!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe there is a right to ask to adopt a child, that would otherwise be aborted?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally don’t care what an individual does with their life.
Can you not see that a declaration of this sort effectively impeaches your input and influence here?

If you care not one whit what others do with their own lives, then I can't see what possible purpose could be behind your bluster.

You might as well be striving with a fencepost.

I guess that's harsh, but it's so painful to me to see someone who names the name of Christ as their faith exhibit such utter disregard for those for whom He died.

Reactions: Jack

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you not see that a declaration of this sort effectively impeaches your input and influence here?

If you care not one whit what others do with their own lives, then I can't see what possible purpose could be behind your bluster.

You might as well be striving with a fencepost.

I guess that's harsh, but it's so painful to me to see someone who names the name of Christ as their faith exhibit such utter disregard for those for whom He died.
it’s just harsh criticism.

Do you check on me daily to see how I’m living?

Do you encourage me?

I don’t message you; I like just being open on the forums, and I believe in total liberty and freedom, even in Christ.

So it’s so bad to see “I don’t care how people live their life”, well are you in the same conclusion that it’s upon themselves?

Cause I only know that each of us are alone and have to make decisions good or bad, and will be judged, fairly.

All one can do is point out the direction to go, I would prefer them to have a better life for them God in it, but I don’t know that unless they tell me or I’ll bring it up in conversation.

I can’t judge how people live and neither can you: a homeless person, drug attic, works for the police station that goes in bars, hookers on the side at night, or whatever person chooses to do their life go out and share Christ, share the good news.

At the end of the day, I believe it was Jesus Christ that said, pick up your own cross and follow me and if that’s the case, some people will some people won’t.

And I don’t think it’s in my criteria to care what people think about me or about what I say: “ here you are my Judge” reading my words.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying adoption should always be in mind.

Can you fault that? Is my wanting babies to live, a problem to you?
Why do you even make an absurd statement like that?

Do you want to adopt a dead baby?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
ABORTIIONS ARE NECESSARY MEDICAL PROCEDURES!

That is the exception to the rule.

The fact is, women, 99.999 use abortion as after sex contraception.
They didnt use the pill and he didnt use a condom so....lets use abortion as the after we've had some sex and im pregnant contraception, as its "legal".

Never confuse "legal" with moral or true as in so many cases what God considers the most immoral, is legalized in this world, especially in the USAl

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jim sometimes fetuses took out for emergency purposes, so the person can live great. The circumstances are rare imagine but do happen.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe our lives are planned before birth, before we are formed. I believe everyone born serves a purpose whether they are born with the correct body parts that function or not we also live in a fallen world which I know our heavenly Father takes that in account. If you believe in God you will let his design be born to fulfill his or her own purpose.
Many women are sacrificing their babies life in order to live an easier one for themselves. You can't deny that. Why not put the little one up for adoption?
This is taking things to an absurd extreme.

a) Does God plan for fetuses to have malfunctioning organs that prevent them from living outside the womb?
b) "Many women are sacrificing their babies life in order to live an easier one for themselves" is total nonsense.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are Liberals obsessed with killing babies? It's Satanic!
This is absolutely absurd!!! Why are conservatives filled with murderous rage against innocent people? It's satanic!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
b) "Many women are sacrificing their babies life in order to live an easier one for themselves" is total nonsense.

The "right to have my life without a baby being a burden" is the #1 reason a young woman is getting an abortion today.

See, lifelong responsibility is a heavy chain when you took no responsibility for the consequence of that fornication.

For the most part...."abortion" is just the legalizing of serial fornication without consequence".

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "right to have my life without a baby being a burden" is the #1 reason a young woman is getting an abortion today.

See, lifelong responsibility is a heavy chain when you took no responsibility for the consequence of that fornication.

For the most part...."abortion" is just the legalizing of serial fornication without consequence".
And your evidence for this statement is ..?

And your statements about "fornication" are truly bizarre. What is the connection between "fornication" -- consensual sexual intercourse between two people not married to each other -- and a woman (of any age and marital status) making the decision to terminate a pregnancy? Your linking them shows where your thinking lies -- and it has nothing to do with reality!

"For the most part...."abortion" is just the legalizing of serial fornication without consequence" is one of the most absurd, naive statements I have ever read about the subject. Are you a Bible-thumping Pentecostal by some chance?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And your evidence for this statement is ..?

And your statements about "fornication" are truly bizarre. What is the connection between "fornication" -- consensual sexual intercourse between two people not married to each other --

My evidence that fornication produces abortion?
You're kidding?

Also, you are trying to prove that most abortions are married couples that dont want the kid?

Again, who are you kidding, but yourself. ?

Just do the math....

Is Already a Mother.​

Is in Her Late 20s.​

Attended Some College.​

Has a Low Income.​

Is Unmarried.​

Is in Her First 6 Weeks of Pregnancy.​

Is Having Her First Abortion.​

Lives in a Blue State.​

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it’s just harsh criticism.

Do you check on me daily to see how I’m living?

Do you encourage me?

I don’t message you; I like just being open on the forums, and I believe in total liberty and freedom, even in Christ.

So it’s so bad to see “I don’t care how people live their life”, well are you in the same conclusion that it’s upon themselves?

Cause I only know that each of us are alone and have to make decisions good or bad, and will be judged, fairly.

All one can do is point out the direction to go, I would prefer them to have a better life for them God in it, but I don’t know that unless they tell me or I’ll bring it up in conversation.

I can’t judge how people live and neither can you: a homeless person, drug attic, works for the police station that goes in bars, hookers on the side at night, or whatever person chooses to do their life go out and share Christ, share the good news.

At the end of the day, I believe it was Jesus Christ that said, pick up your own cross and follow me and if that’s the case, some people will some people won’t.

And I don’t think it’s in my criteria to care what people think about me or about what I say: “ here you are my Judge” reading my words.
What does any of this have to do with "not caring what an individual does with their life?"

I can't force you to allow Christ to justify your behavior, instead of trying to do it yourself, but I still care about it.

"Don't judge me!"--The last cry of the emotionally immature

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does any of this have to do with "not caring what an individual does with their life?"

I can't force you to allow Christ to justify your behavior, instead of trying to do it yourself, but I still care about it.

"Don't judge me!"--The last cry of the emotionally immature

You’re the one who decided to point me out. So you must address it yourself. Calling or assuming “emotionally immature” is your indictment.

I don’t know why you are twisted about it anyway, sir.

Couldn’t instead you be doing something better then, worrying about how I am? There is the ignore button for those who don’t wanna listen or read what is said by me.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is just a forum, not a church. Individuals are the church to bring Christ to others. Most in here are settled in their faith, already.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It gets so much airtime because people need to always be reminded that not all abortions are for convenience. We have people who continually say no abortion for any reasons at all, ever. They need to be reminded that sometimes the mother's life is at risk and, why have two deaths when there only needs to be one?
NO

No one believes that all abortions are for convenience--NO ONE.

Even if they say so.

Could anyone really be that dumb?

(Don't answer that, because I know they could.)

All available information does, however, suggest that the vast majority (roughly 75%) of abortions are for reasons such as:

• "Having a baby would dramatically change my life"
  • "I can't afford a baby now"
  • "I'm not married"
  • "It would interfere with my education"
  • "It would interfere with my employment"

This is according to The Guttmacher Institute, an organization devoted to "SRHR" (Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, their definition of which, is "progressive"--in their own words).

• Angry
Reactions: Gottservant

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All available information does, however, suggest that the vast majority (roughly 75%) of abortions are for reasons such as:

• "I'm not married"

Which I understand, but abortions for medical reasons need to be protected. If the life of the mother is in danger due to the pregnancy, she needs to be protected.

Reactions: Jim B

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which I understand, but abortions for medical reasons need to be protected. If the life of the mother is in danger due to the pregnancy, she needs to be protected.
Yes, and it seems that the only way to protect her has become to also protect those who seek abortions for convenience. I wonder how that happened.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and it seems that the only way to protect her has become to also protect those who seek abortions for convenience. I wonder how that happened.

I just want to protect the medical abortions, not the other ones.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO

No one believes that all abortions are for convenience--NO ONE.

Even if they say so.

Could anyone really be that dumb?

(Don't answer that, because I know they could.)

• "I'm not married"

This is according to The Guttmacher Institute, an organization devoted to "SRHR" (Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, their definition of which, is "progressive"--in their own words).
The Guttmacher Institute is not "all available information"??? Clearly, It's a meaningless and false statement.

Here is a selection from a Guttmacher Institute report:

Women’s reasons for ending a pregnancy have been consistent over time and often focus on their responsibilities to the children they already have and considerations for the children they plan to have in the future.

"There is a misconception that women take the decision to terminate a pregnancy lightly," says Finer. "Women’s primary reasons for making this difficult decision are based on a lack of resources in light of their current responsibilities. Typically, more than one reason drives the decision, and these reasons are frequently interrelated."

In a recent survey of abortion patients at 11 provider sites around the country, the study authors identified concern for the children women already have as a key factor in their decision to terminate a pregnancy. The reasons women cited as "most important" are that they are not ready for a child or another child (25%), and they cannot afford a baby right now (23%).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Highest percentage of Abortions'"

The Guttmacher Institute is not "all available information"??? Clearly, It's a meaningless and false statement.
Highest percentage of Abortions..
This group.

Is Already a Mother.​

Is in Her Late 20s.​

Attended Some College.​

Has a Low Income.​

Is Unmarried.​

Is in Her First 6 Weeks of Pregnancy.​

Is Having Her First Abortion.​

Lives in a Blue State.​