The saint must walk alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessed are those who mourn . . . why? And to what end?

Better to go to the house of mourning rather than the house of mirth . . . why? To what end? Did Soloman mean that you should live in a funeral home forever in tears? I don't see that at all.

Did Jesus mean that we are to be in lives of mourning, and now we are to forget all those places that tell us to rejoice, that we are a people of rejoicing, that even the troubles are to us joy? Maybe mourning is the entrance into that life of rejoicing?

What is that passage . . . Godly sorrow leads to repentance. It's like in Hebrews, no chastisement is joyous, but grievous. While it lasts. Afterward, the peaceable fruits of righteousness. The fruit of the spirit, righteousness in our lives. The abundant life. Love and joy and peace, real love, real joy, real peace.

Even when it hurts. Even when there isn't enough. Though the stores are empty and armies are on their way . . .

Much love!
And ye have not rather mourned . Your right my friend that kind of mourning That is meant is the kind that leads to repentance .
YES Indeed my friend .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Solomon mean that you should live in a funeral home forever in tears? I don't see that at all.

This is exactly what I teach and was teaching in this thread, as my posts could bear out. But as usual you would be paying attention to absolutely ZERO of what anyone else is saying because only Marks speaks the truth. Everyone else is teaching heresy even when they are saying the exact same thing. If others teach it, it's "a lack of humility." When you teach it, it's gospel light shining like the sun out of Heaven.

Discussing things with you is a waste of time, Mark, and a serious spiritual detriment to anyone reading. You aren't looking for agreement, despite telling everyone how "we are a body" and a host of other platitudes that come out of your mouth that don't mean anything in reality.

Even responding to you is a mistake, but it is one I am learning not to make any more.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians want to be like Jesus, but some want to be Jesus. I'm not sure that the latter ever met Him.
The prosperity gosple preachers are full of them . as are many other churches .
Putting themselves up as though they the great thing of GOD . When in truth
what kind of faith did JESUS actually marvel at .
Was it the ones who YELLED and NAMED IT AND CLAIMED IT
OR was it the ones who said I AM NOT WORTHY
or TRUE LORD , but even us DOGS eat of the crumbs that fall from the childrens table .
Exactly . THIS name and claim it and blab it and grab it are destitue .
I seen them saying things like , I HAD TO TELL GOD TO GET JESUS OUT OF THE WAY so that I COULD GET THE JOB DONE .
And millions still followed that man . What blasphemy .
AND i see many who deck themselves up in gorgeious robes , having titles like MOST HOLY REVERAND
and having folks bow to them and kiss thier rings . Talk about trying to be as GOD .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understanding about the old man and the new man gives us the tools towards living, including in the mind, righteous lives. For me, a key word is "demystification". While something remains a "black box", just spitting out results, we know not how, we don't know how to change those results. By brute force of will we can reject the behaviors and thoughts one by one, slugging it out daily against the same old enemies.

I'm learning more to recognize the life and mind of the old man, so that when it starts to creep back into influence I can more quickly recognize that and put it off.

One easy example is that whenever I feel reticence before God, as if I would try to hide or something, I know that's the flesh. I can stop and reflect on His presence in my entire life and being, and how He knows absolutely everything about me, so much that I don't even know! And He loves me, and is caring for me, through all of these. And I reject that feeling of hesitency with God, putting off the old man, and I trust in His love and reconciliation, putting on the new man.

If I don't do this, I risk that I may start thinking that I'm operating apart from God. If I start thinking that way, that is the mind of the flesh.

It's tax time. I've been hit with some pretty difficult surprises in the past. If I feel fear while I'm waiting to hear from my tax guy, that's not the new creation, created patterned after God Himself. I realize this fear is a fleshy feeling, a bodily response. I dismiss it as such, putting off the old man. I remind myself that God is already there waiting for me with everything taken care of. I accept this reality, putting on the new man.

If you think this is a perversion of Paul's teaching, I'm saying it's a nuts and bolts description of putting off the old man and putting on the new. That this is how we work out what God is working into us. That we make choices to reject the sin and step into the righteousness, to the extent that God has enabled us to do so.

What I've found is that this enabling really is increasing our faith to believe that what He says is true, that He really has freed us from every evil thing, so that we'll live according.

We keep thinking we are bound to our flesh, and forget to live the new life.

Much love!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is exactly what I teach and was teaching in this thread, as my posts could bear out. But as usual you would be paying attention to absolutely ZERO of what anyone else is saying because only Marks speak the truth. Everyone else is teaching heresy even when they are saying the exact same thing. If others teach it, it's "a lack of humility." When you teach it, it's gospel light shining like the sun out of Heaven.

Discussing things with you is a waste of time, Mark, and a serious spiritual detriment to anyone reading. You aren't looking for agreement, despite telling everyone how "we are a body" and a host of other platitudes that come out of your mouth that don't mean anything in reality.

Even responding to you is a mistake, but it is one I am learning not to make any more.
We must cling to CHRIST and stay well fed in those bibles .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. And discuss things only with those who are not looking to edify one another instead of just stirring up strife, and making sure to stay in disagreement at all costs while accusing others of lacking humility.
That simple statement is actually true my friend . Sometimes folks can get so hard or so persuaded
that one is in error that no matter what they say , THEY argue with it . I have seen this too in many places .
I have actually , more than once , seen two people saying the same things , YET each thinking the other is saying something else .
That often happens my friend .

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with the false humility of claiming to be so spiritual that no one else measures up, and therefore no one else is fit company for you, and therefore you must walk alone.
It's not a false humility that a True follower of Christ will be rejected, and outcast, for believing in and teaching the Truth of Scripture.

It's a Biblical fact.

And nobody here claimed that they were so righteous that they refuse the company of any others that are lower than them.

It's just more of your total horse $4!7, Marks.

You, and many of your crew, take a thread's topic and twist it up like a pretzel and then throw it out as the new counterfeit topic, arguing that it is a ridiculous topic.

It's exactly because of you, and your kind, that the saint must walk alone to begin with because you confuse and distract and disinform and mislead the masses to see things your way, the way of falsehood. Then the average Christian rejects those who actually carry the Truth of God.

It's your kind that actually creates workers of iniquity. And those who flourish as such will burn in hell for following you in leading Christians away from the True gospel ... just as Scripture tells us.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a false humility that a True follower of Christ will be rejected, and outcast, for believing in and teaching the Truth of Scripture.

It's a Biblical fact.

And nobody here claimed that they were so righteous that they refuse the company of any others that are lower than them.

It's just more of your total horse $4!7, Marks.

You, and many of your crew, take a thread's topic and twist it up like a pretzel and then throw it out as the new counterfeit topic, arguing that it is a ridiculous topic.

It's exactly because of you, and your kind, that the saint must walk alone to begin with because you confuse and distract and disinform and mislead the masses to see things your way, the way of falsehood. Then the average Christian rejects those who actually carry the Truth of God.

It's your kind that actually creates workers of iniquity. And those who flourish as such will burn in hell for following you in leading Christians away from the True gospel ... just as Scripture tells us.
No matter the cost , Always bring sound doctrine , always expose error , and DO NOT ever once think we will be loved for doing so .
The more a lamb loves the less it be loved , IS what i have found out first hand .
For out great love i constantly correct , speak against false hoods , and false dangerous places too
against sin and error . And yet i do it because i truly desire none to perish but rather good for them .
BUT MARVEL NOT at all if most will think those who do this are HATERS , LOST , heck i been called son of perditon
anti christ , satanist and in person names that i cannot repeat here on this site , no , not even at home .
DO NOT expect to be loved . I leave us with the words of paul , THOUGH the more abundantely I LOVE YOU
the LESS i be loved . OR , have i become your ENEMY because i TELL YOU THE TRUTH .
IT happens a lot my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a read through on this thread, and ask yourself a couple of questions. Don't answer out loud.

What is of the flesh and what is of the Spirit?

And, Why do you think some may find themselves alone?

The real reason?

Much love!
Yes indeed another good way to put it is , JESUS ONCE said YE SHALL KNOW THEM by their fruits .
SO what is the fruits of the flesh , of the wicked , and what is the fruit and fruits of the SPIRIT .
A hint . THE FRUIT OF THE WICKED IS TO ..................fill in that blank my friend . ITS in proverbs .
Another hint , What did JESUS tell many what will occur on the last day .
Now notice , they were doing good works IN HIS NAME , they were casting out demons in HIS NAME
but he said DEPART FROM ME ye who worked what .........................
AND i see a huge inquity at work . An all inclusving gospel preaching the VERY SIN that will damn a soul .
UNBELIEF . saying muslims , jews , buddits , athiest DONT NEED TO REPENT and beleive in JESUS to be saved
THEY JUST NEED TO HUG AND LOVE and DO good works for world peace and unity .
THAT is a bald faced LIE . YET they call it LOVE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Todays message of love from many churches is nothing but hate and murder .
FOR they say OH GOD IS LOVE , HE has made a broad road of love that all one needs to do is just love and do good .
What a death sentence . SO allow me to tell us a very plain truth . NO JESUS , NO FAITH IN JESUS
and your works add up to THE SECOND DEATH . Aint gonna save you . Aint gonna happen .
NO faith in JESUS means the second death .
There is something else i think we need to get exposed as well .
And that is those who make JESUS into a ministir of sin . saying HEY so long as they jus say the name
they are saved , even if they walk in darkness of sin and embrace sin . THAT IS A LIE TOO .
HE who walks in darkness KNOWS NOT GOD , HE who loves not righteousness nor His brother KNOWS NOT GOD .
We cant love sin and we cannot keep rebuking those who are willing to warn against it either .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the problem as I see it is that we usually write about what we aspire to be, rather than what we really are. But, even if we're sincere, we're not really interacting with people, but with stuff they've written, electronic parodies of who we really are. To paraphrase scripture, the more we say, the more we transgress. We don't necessarily mean to, but the tongue is a big problem for all humanity.

Writing things out gives us more opportunity to consider our words carefully and hopefully transgress less frequently, but I guarantee that most people here would never say the same things to your face that they have no problem writing in anonymity and hidden behind fake identity. What freedom to transgress the commandments! But, God is not mocked.

I started attending a Spirit filled congregation because, though people attending are no different than people here, the flesh is more suppressed in the presence of the saints than it is in any artificial venue. Social media, even the Christian variety, only serves to promote vanity and pride.
It isn't even possible to humble yourself before a cell phone, tablet or computer (and to do so would seem idolatrous.)

These forums are the realm of imaginary fellowship. Virtual reality is unreal. The person here who pats you on the back today, can stab you in the back tomorrow, and feel justified in it, because this isn't really you, nor is it really me. It's just flawed and frequently sinful electronic communication.

However, we're still fully accountable before God, even when we hide behind false identifies and pretend to be something that we aren't. I'm still looking for the ministry that the Lord would have me do in my local congregation and I don't care if it's just cleaning toilets or washing windows. I've only been attending for three weeks, but as I establish myself among the brethren, the Lord will make my place for service manifest. His will be done. But, I won't participate in this circus of confusion any longer than necessary. Most of the cultic types here would not be allowed to stay long in a congregation of the saints if they persisted in unsound doctrine, divisiveness, and seeking vain glory. That might be why they're here in the first place.

Satan roams about seeking whom he may devour and if that's the fate of those who rebel against scripture and isolate themselves so they might sin freely, then so be it.
Scripture tells us to give such up for the destruction of the flesh and I'm in agreement with His word. Trying to teach on a public forum is a fools errand and trying to learn anything from a world of opposing opinion isn't exactly wise.

I will, however, withdraw in victory, as that is what's pleasing to my Lord and His testimony. That means that the sword comes out until all opposition is silenced. I've had to do this before and by the grace of God and the power of His word, I'll make short work of this as well. Amen.
May God help you to fit in when, where and how you need to fit! Be blessed!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know that I could do it either. I think it takes a special calling, so I am grateful for those who can, but for me I would be too tempted to let personal feelings get in the way at some point, and there are too many stories of moderator's operating with a bias out there already.
Amen!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Writing things out gives us more opportunity to consider our words carefully and hopefully transgress less frequently, but I guarantee that most people here would never say the same things to your face that they have no problem writing in anonymity and hidden behind fake identity. What freedom to transgress the commandments! But, God is not mocked.
It's up to each one of us to understand what we get out of this forum will be largely conditioned by what we put into it. How real we are. And how well do we remember our God Who knows us through and through sits here with me as I think what to write, as I type.

It's the question of what I'm doing here, edifying others, being edified by others? Or building up the fleshy man? Seeking advantage, reputation, whatever the flesh is seeking.

It's good, I think, to remember, like you are saying, not everyone here is sincere. We can still, sometimes when the sincere at heart interact, we can sharpen each other.

And we can test our views against smart people who disagree with us and would be perfectly happy to prove us wrong. That's sharpened me over the years!

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9 Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up
. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire;
He rages against all wise judgment.
A fool has no delight in understanding,
But in expressing his own heart.
Proverbs 18:1-2

15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be? 1 Corinthians 12:15-19

.24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious oil upon the head,
Running down on the beard,
The beard of Aaron,
Running down on the edge of his garments.

3 It is like the dew of Hermon,
Descending upon the mountains of Zion;
For there the Lord commanded the blessing—
Life forevermore.
Psalm 133:1-3

So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:1-4

God settles the solitary in a home; he leads out the prisoners to prosperity, but the rebellious dwell in a parched land. Psalm 68:6

So we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Romans 12:5

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Sometimes the Lord separates a saint for His purposes, like Joseph when he was sold into slavery, but there is no biblical support for a saint isolating himself from the body of Christ, none at all.

Reactions: amadeus

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's up to each one of us to understand what we get out of this forum will be largely conditioned by what we put into it. How real we are. And how well do we remember our God Who knows us through and through sits here with me as I think what to write, as I type.

It's the question of what I'm doing here, edifying others, being edified by others? Or building up the fleshy man? Seeking advantage, reputation, whatever the flesh is seeking.

It's good, I think, to remember, like you are saying, not everyone here is sincere. We can still, sometimes when the sincere at heart interact, we can sharpen each other.

And we can test our views against smart people who disagree with us and would be perfectly happy to prove us wrong. That's sharpened me over the years!

Much love!
Take from it what you can, but it's not a church, it's a mixed multitude. You know what happened to the mixed multitude that followed Moses out of Egypt, right? All but two died in the wilderness. Corrupting influence is just that, corrupting influence.

4 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. 2 Timothy 4:1-5

You can try to be a Timothy, or like one he was told to evangelize. Personally, I have no desire to evangelize professing Christians caught up in error and deception.

There is a simple principal to observe in a mixed multitude.
Christ gathers and unites, Satan separates and divides.
I haven't seen a single thread on this forum dealing with doctrine that isn't challenged by some "expert" in biblical study, not one in which Christ's Spirit is allowed to reign, not one.

You need to do what the Lord leads you to do, but the Lord definitely doesn't want me feeding the cults. They just incorporate a bit more truth into their own deceptions, or build biblical arguments to oppose it. That's giving your strength to your enemies and ultimately that isn't the people trapped in deceptions, but those hidden rulers and powers in the heavenly places opposed to our Christ. I've seen this happen and this is my testimony against them though I do not know them. Their days are numbered. Amen

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They just incorporate a bit more truth into their own deceptions, or build biblical arguments to oppose it. That's giving your strength to your enemies and ultimately that isn't the people trapped in deceptions, but those hidden rulers and powers in the heavenly places opposed to our Christ.
That's something to think about.

I pray God give me the wisdom I need to do right!

Much love!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes the Lord separates a saint for His purposes, like Joseph when he was sold into slavery, but there is no biblical support for a saint isolating himself from the body of Christ, none at all.

Arguing against a position no one was taking, which makes it all the more offensive.

You think the prophets wanted to be rejected? Where does the following suggest that they wanted to wander in deserts, mountains and caves, and be destitute, afflicted and tormented?

32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets... some were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. 36 Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword.
They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented— 38 of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth. (Hebrews 11:32-38)

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arguing against a position no one was taking, which makes it all the more offensive.

You think the prophets wanted to be rejected? Where does the following suggest that they wanted to wander in deserts, mountains and caves, and be destitute, afflicted and tormented?

32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets... some were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. 36 Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword.
They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented— 38 of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth. (Hebrews 11:32-38)
These passages have nothing to do with the church and saints under the new covenant.
The prophets existed before the church. Only prophets, priests, and kings were given His Spirit. Now every born again believer is given His Spirit. You've missed the entire point of the gospel message and the New Covenant.

Are you rejecting Christ and trying to live under the Old Testament? The idea that saints should walk alone isn't heresy, but it's ignorance of God's purposes in the church.

Last edited: