The saint must walk alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Boy, do I struggle with this.

I suppose it is a part of entering into Christ our High Priest. The High Priests in Israel walked alone. They had responsibilities no one else had, and therefore had no one to discuss them with. I believe it is part of taking up our cross and denying ourselves to follow Him. It is NOT fun, but then taking up the cross never is.

Even listening to Tozer or some other saint encourage you doesn't really seem to help, but at least we know that we are walking where He Himself has walked. As Paul said, if the gospel is not true, we are the most foolish of men. But then, what sort of man would I be without Christ? As the psalm says, "A broken and contrite heart He will not despise." (Psalm 51:17)

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

I suppose it is a part of entering into Christ our High Priest. The High Priests in Israel walked alone. They had responsibilities no one else had, and therefore had no one to discuss them with. I believe it is part of taking up our cross and denying ourselves to follow Him. It is NOT fun, but then taking up the cross never is.

Even listening to Tozer or some other saint encourage you doesn't really seem to help, but at least we know that we are walking where He Himself has walked. As Paul said, if the gospel is not true, we are the most foolish of men. But then, what sort of man would I be without Christ? As the psalm says, "A broken and contrite heart He will not despise." (Psalm 51:17)
...Mat_12:20 a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory;...

Mat_11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

I hear you, I also do not find comfort in the preaching of others, my earnest desire and longing is to EXPERIENCE what stands written in the scriptures and the indwelling Holy Spirit and not have a mere theoretical/stoical intellectual knowledge...a problem I am struggling with..see, revealed to you a glimpse of my scars..

Stay strong my brother, you are not alone.

Johann

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hogwash. We are saved to be a part of a body, the body of Christ, and to serve Christ by serving others.

12 When he had washed their feet and put on his outer garments and resumed his place, he said to them, “Do you understand what I have done to you? 13 You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you. 16 Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. John 13:12-16

Interpreting the New Testament from the incomplete revelation of the Old Testament is just poor hermeneutics.
The Old Testament saints were special in that they were called before the redemption price was paid in the blood of Christ. Under the New Covenant, everyone born again through the gospel is a saint, Holy and separated to God, and placed in the body to serve the body.

This teaching is just Masonic heresy intended to lift the heart up against God and His saints, imagining some spiritual superiority over the brethren and sharing in the sin of Lucifer.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hogwash. We are saved to be a part of a body, the body of Christ, and to serve Christ by serving others.

12 When he had washed their feet and put on his outer garments and resumed his place, he said to them, “Do you understand what I have done to you? 13 You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you. 16 Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. John 13:12-16

Interpreting the New Testament from the incomplete revelation of the Old Testament is just poor hermeneutics.
The Old Testament saints were special in that they were called before the redemption price was paid in the blood of Christ. Under the New Covenant, everyone born again through the gospel is a saint, Holy and separated to God, and placed in the body to serve the body.

This teaching is just Masonic heresy intended to lift the heart up against God and His saints, imagining some spiritual superiority over the brethren and sharing in the sin of Lucifer.
Pride comes in many forms and manifestations including a self-righteous spirit void of the Holy Spirit.
Blessings
J.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe because Tozer was a fool who misinterpreted scripture by applying old covenant theology to the new.

. 2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor. 5 For each will have to bear his own load.
6 Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches. 7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. 8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Self righteousness sows to the flesh.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. Hebrews 10:24-25
Just the simple truth of God's word to stand against the Masonic lie.

Reactions: marks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are actually doing the Lord's will, you will make almost nothing but enemies.

Your true brethren in Christ will be very few and far between.

And yet ministering to the saints makes you lots of beloved friends as well. It is the paradox of serving God!

Jesus said if we serve Him we give up family and friends but receive 100X more!

Reactions: marks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As a body we share the burden. Dying daily and taking up our cross simply means to deny self and live in christ. Yes sometimes that is a very alone place and sometimes it is a place with joy from many brethren surrounding us.

I love mern likie Tozer and Pink, but they tended to push some things too far.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As a body we share the burden. Dying daily and taking up our cross simply means to deny self and live in christ. Yes sometimes that is a very alone place and sometimes it is a place with joy from many brethren surrounding us.

I love mern likie Tozer and Pink, but they tended to push some things too far.
@Ronald Nolette Hebrews 9.14 speaks of the conscience being purged by the blood of Christ through the eternal Spirit: the real work of conviction goes on in the individual's conscience in the privacy of his or her thoughts.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And yet ministering to the saints makes you lots of beloved friends as well. It is the paradox of serving God!

Jesus said if we serve Him we give up family and friends but receive 100X more!
@Ronald Nolette John's First Epistle speaks of having fellowship one with another as we walk in the light; and 'truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ'.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette Hebrews 9.14 speaks of the conscience being purged by the blood of Christ through the eternal Spirit: the real work of conviction goes on in the individual's conscience in the privacy of his or her thoughts.

Well that is the personal growth of a believer which all saints walk alone. but in that walk we share a life with teh body of Christ as well. It is not either/or but both/and!