The saint must walk alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a body we share the burden. Dying daily and taking up our cross simply means to deny self and live in christ. Yes sometimes that is a very alone place and sometimes it is a place with joy from many brethren surrounding us.

I love mern likie Tozer and Pink, but they tended to push some things too far.

Thanks for the post.

I haven't actually the foggiest on Tozer's theology in other respects, and I wasn't expecting to be attacked over my post, but then why should I be surprised, LoL. Whatever Tozer has right or wrong about other theological issues, he is correct in this one, and he is NOT the only one who I have heard teach this.

But that I should be insulted over it is sort of telling, I suppose. Nothing makes you feel so loved as a Post like #11, LoL.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me.

Do you feel alone? Seek and ye shall find!

Much love!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hogwash. We are saved to be a part of a body, the body of Christ, and to serve Christ by serving others.
Amen!!!

To me this is all melodramatic. We're a family, let's act like family, not get all prideful about how there's no one like me that I can commune with.

Much love!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So tell me, Michael v Pardo, how and in what ways am I walking in self-righteousness.
I didn't say that you are, but it's troublesome that you apply that statement to yourself. My statements are directed at the doctrines of Free Masonry which have found their way into the church and are in direct opposition to the gospel of God's grace. Are you a Mason?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the post.

I haven't actually the foggiest on Tozer's theology in other respects, and I wasn't expecting to be attacked over my post, but then why should I be surprised, LoL. Whatever Tozer has right or wrong about other theological issues, he is correct in this one, and he is NOT the only one who I have heard teach this.

But that I should be insulted over it is sort of telling, I suppose. Nothing makes you feel so loved as a Post like #11, LoL.
Hidden, surely you're starting to see what's going on here by now.

It's always the same names bad-mouthing Truth on this forum. Same characters, same desperate attempts to silence Truth. The illusion of many of them ganging up together against somebody, and/or against some concept.

All popular, trendy doctrine is protected by these same User Names and nobody is allowed to speak out against all the popular false doctrines that are taught at almost every modern church, on every Christian radio program and every TV sermon, etc.

To be honest, it's a perfect example of how, and why, the saint walks alone.

It's exactly the same as the Powers that Be. They need people concentrated in the cities to better manipulate them. That's why the recent forcing of jobs, and business, from the rural to the urban areas. (Not to mention the plandemic was about to be foisted upon us.) Mainstream Christendom is a racket, just like everything else. The more gathered together the people are, the harder it is for them to hear the Truth in their spiritual ears and the more social influence they are exposed to.

It's beyond certain that this OP is Biblical. Those who deny it are exposing their big ears, eyes and teeth for all to see.
IMAGE.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2022-4-15_18-58-10.png
    upload_2022-4-15_18-58-10.png
    459.6 KB · Views: 0

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet ministering to the saints makes you lots of beloved friends as well. It is the paradox of serving God! Jesus said if we serve Him we give up family and friends but receive 100X more!
We receive many more in the afterlife. In this life we are outcasts if we speak the Truth we are supposed to speak. If we speak the things that Jesus is showing us, we are hated and marginalized.

That is the sacrifice He expects, and it's what so many Christians aren't willing to do.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hogwash. We are saved to be a part of a body, the body of Christ, and to serve Christ by serving others.

This teaching is just Masonic heresy intended to lift the heart up against God and His saints, imagining some spiritual superiority over the brethren and sharing in the sin of Lucifer.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with the spiritual superiority you charge. It's all about humility. God demands it of His chosen ones and makes certain, Himself, that they experience as much hardship and humbling difficulty as possible.

You aren't unaware that He expects us to be spiritually broken and emotionally shattered. Does that sound like somebody with lots of friends and a great kinship with a large group of believers?

The Bible repeatedly tells believers to separate from the masses and tells us that it was God's plan and will for the Shepherd to be struck so the sheep would be scattered.
Zechariah 13:7
Matthew 26:31

Not only is it less effective to put all your troops in one crowd, but it makes them a much easier target for the enemy.

Of course this group is campaigning for the gathering of the saints together.

We will have all the gathering we need when Jesus returns and gathers His saints at that time.
Matthew 24:29-31
To me this is all melodramatic. We're a family, let's act like family, not get all prideful about how there's no one like me that I can commune with.
Was Jesus being melodramatic when He stated that He didn't even have a place to lay His head? Was He expressing spiritual superiority or a sanctimonious nature?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has nothing whatsoever to do with the spiritual superiority you charge. It's all about humility. God demands it of His chosen ones and makes certain, Himself, that they experience as much hardship and humbling difficulty as possible.

You aren't unaware that He expects us to be spiritually broken and emotionally shattered. Does that sound like somebody with lots of friends and a great kinship with a large group of believers?

The Bible repeatedly tells believers to separate from the masses and tells us that it was God's plan and will for the Shepherd to be struck so the sheep would be scattered.
Zechariah 13:7
Matthew 26:31

Not only is it less effective to put all your troops in one crowd, but it makes them a much easier target for the enemy.

Of course this group is campaigning for the gathering of the saints together.

We will have all the gathering we need when Jesus returns and gathers His saints at that time.
Matthew 24:29-31
Was Jesus being melodramatic when He stated that He didn't even have a place to lay His head? Was He expressing spiritual superiority or a sanctimonious nature?
Again, more Hogwash. A broken and contrite heart is a sacrifice that the Lord accepts, but a joyless Christianity is a dead faith. Jesus paid it all. He suffered so that we don't have to. When the Lord disciplines us, it isn't pleasant, but if you're under constant discipline, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Reactions: marks

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's always the same names bad-mouthing Truth on this forum. Same characters, same desperate attempts to silence Truth. The illusion of many of them ganging up together against somebody, and/or against some concept.

All popular, trendy doctrine is protected by these same User Names and nobody is allowed to speak out against all the popular false doctrines that are taught at almost every modern church, on every Christian radio program and every TV sermon, etc.

It's exactly the same as the Powers that Be. They need people concentrated in the cities to better manipulate them. That's why the recent forcing of jobs, and business, from the rural to the urban areas. (Not to mention the plandemic was about to be foisted upon us.) Mainstream Christendom is a racket, just like everything else. The more gathered together the people are, the harder it is for them to hear the Truth in their spiritual ears and the more social influence they are exposed to.

It's beyond certain that this OP is Biblical. Those who deny it are exposing their big ears, eyes and teeth for all to see.
IMAGE.jpg

So give up the popular trendy doctrine and find yourself a congregation of joyous saints.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do have to say I don't get it. A Bible teacher who does not is someone who's Christianity has simply not progressed that far yet, IMO. Why would the apostle Paul say we are the most foolish men if the gospel is not true, if Christianity were nothing but "joy, joy, joy"? Certainly joy comes in the morning and we find the strength to fight another day, but true Christianity is a life of spiritual war, and the life of a soldier is not "joy." It is a life of hardships, as Paul warned Timothy very clearly.

I think of the prophets as well, and how excluded and ostracized they were. Why would Elijah be recorded as thinking he was the only one left in Israel who still served God if there was not a type of loneliness involved? As James said, "My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and endurance. Indeed we count them blessed who endure." There is also this passage as well:

32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets... some were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. 36 Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented— 38 of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth. (Hebrews 11:32-38)

Now what do those last words refer to if not that they walked in loneliness and solitude, being rejected by the very people they were serving?

But I don't think such teachings can be easily received until they have been lived. Until then, it sounds like anathema, and that you are just being a killjoy. And since it can't really be received until then, I don't see the point in trying to teach it. The only usefulness is in confirming it to those who are at a place where they need the encouragement, so that they don't feel completely alone in what they are going through, or think they are doing something wrong.

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do have to say I don't get it. A Bible teacher who does not is someone who's Christianity has simply not progressed that far yet, IMO. Why would the apostle Paul say we are the most foolish men if the gospel is not true, if Christianity were nothing but "joy, joy, joy"? Certainly joy comes in the morning and we find the strength to fight another day, but true Christianity is a life of spiritual war, and the life of a soldier is not "joy." It is a life of hardships, as Paul warned Timothy very clearly.

I think of the prophets as well, and how excluded and ostracized they were. Why would Elijah be recorded as thinking he was the only one left in Israel who still served God if there was not a type of loneliness involved? As James said, "My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and endurance. Indeed we count them blessed who endure." There is also this passage as well:

32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets... some were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. 36 Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented— 38 of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth. (Hebrews 11:32-38)

Now what do those last words refer to if not that they walked in loneliness and solitude, being rejected by the very people they were serving?

But I don't think such teachings can be easily received until they have been lived. Until then, it sounds like anathema, and that you are just being a killjoy. And since it can't really be received until then, I don't see the point in trying to teach it. The only usefulness is in confirming it to those who are at a place where they need the encouragement, so that they don't feel completely alone in what they are going through, or think they are doing something wrong.
I say any leader that has been put into leadership position , must already have had his senses exercised to discern between good and evil .
They must be well tested and able to teach . Or dont let them teach at all .
We must return to the biblical standards of what a teacher must have and know before they even are allowed to lead and teach the church .

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can't tell what your response here is saying.

Do you comprehend that I was supporting your original post that you got attacked for?

ETA: Do you comprehend that wolves have come in among the flock?

"... after my departure, vicious wolves will enter in among you, not sparing the flock."

Acts 20:29

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a joyless Christianity is a dead faith. Jesus paid it all. He suffered so that we don't have to.
I'm actually glad when you guys post this level of absolute unscriptural nonsense.

It fully exposes you for what you are.

Michael, you speak as one of the foolish women.

“You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?”
Job 2:10
True Christians must suffer to receive the promised gifts of God.
2 Timothy 2:12
We are crushed, perplexed, persecuted, struck down, etc.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9
"...through many tribulations we must enter into the kingdom of God."
Acts 14:22

Christians are to endure so much regular affliction that Paul wrote this to give them hope and encouragement in the heat of their troubles.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18

Now, let's talk about the christianity that YOU, and your fellow naysayers, practice. The one that is loaded with joy and fellowship and no problems whatsoever. The god that you worship and serve is NOT the God of the Bible. The 3-headed beast that you profess your allegiance to is not God, nor Jesus.

Good luck to all of you with that endeavor.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm actually glad when you guys post this level of absolute unscriptural nonsense.

It fully exposes you for what you are.

Michael, you speak as one of the foolish women.

“You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?”
Job 2:10
True Christians must suffer to receive the promised gifts of God.
2 Timothy 2:12
We are crushed, perplexed, persecuted, struck down, etc.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9
"...through many tribulations we must enter into the kingdom of God."
Acts 14:22

Christians are to endure so much regular affliction that Paul wrote this to give them hope and encouragement in the heat of their troubles.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18

Now, let's talk about the christianity that YOU, and your fellow naysayers, practice. The one that is loaded with joy and fellowship and no problems whatsoever. The god that you worship and serve is NOT the God of the Bible. The 3-headed beast that you profess your allegiance to is not God, nor Jesus.

Good luck to all of you with that endeavor.
You teach the way of Satan. Good luck with that.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't tell what your response here is saying.

Do you comprehend that I was supporting your original post that you got attacked for?

ETA: Do you comprehend that wolves have come in among the flock?

"... after my departure, vicious wolves will enter in among you, not sparing the flock."

Acts 20:29

Yes, I understood you, and I agree in part with your post.

I'm just not sure I'd go quite that far. Rather than deliberately and consciously misrepresenting the truth, I think they are simply misinformed. But seeing as how it is something one learns through experience, I'm not sure there is much point in trying to convey to anyone who hasn't gotten there yet.

God bless,
- H

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say any leader that has been put into leadership position , must already have had his senses exercised to discern between good and evil .
They must be well tested and able to teach . Or dont let them teach at all .
We must return to the biblical standards of what a teacher must have and know before they even are allowed to lead and teach the church .

Only I don't know that you could ever apply this rule to public forums, Amigo, but I understand the principle where churches are involved at least : )

Reactions: amigo de christo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Great post. 100% accurate. And the carnal reactions to the deeper walk...that very few will experience...proves the point. People want to believe that there is nothing beyond themselves and their own experience. They deny the testimony of the Lord and His saints...and they refuse to esteem others above themselves....as we are supposed to do. What is in the shortest of supplies in the modern fallen churches is basic humility and the fear of the Lord.

Run the race to win! :) <><