The saint must walk alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I understood you, and I agree in part with your post.

I'm just not sure I'd go quite that far. Rather than deliberately and consciously misrepresenting the truth, I think they are simply misinformed. But seeing as how it is something one learns through experience, I'm not sure there is much point in trying to convey to anyone who hasn't gotten there yet.
Because conveying it to them is HOW they get there.

When they've had it conveyed to them ad nauseum, and they still don't change, that is the sign of an agreed-upon agenda. That is what you are seeing here, H.

I know what it is you are doing. I don't care. I'll still speak the Truth so that the few who are honest here can be confronted with it.

Those who are honestly mistaken either cease being mistaken ... or cease being honest.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great post. 100% accurate. And the carnal reactions to the deeper walk...that very few will experience...proves the point. People want to believe that there is nothing beyond themselves and their own experience. They deny the testimony of the Lord and His saints...and they refuse to esteem others above themselves....as we are supposed to do. What is in the shortest of supplies in the modern fallen churches is basic humility and the fear of the Lord.

Run the race to win! :) <><

Hello there, stranger! Long time, no see.

Everything ok with you? You look a little grizzly these days. Living off the grid or something? :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great post. 100% accurate. And the carnal reactions to the deeper walk...that very few will experience...proves the point. People want to believe that there is nothing beyond themselves and their own experience. They deny the testimony of the Lord and His saints...and they refuse to esteem others above themselves....as we are supposed to do. What is in the shortest of supplies in the modern fallen churches is basic humility and the fear of the Lord.

Run the race to win! :) <><
Hello, brother Epi! Good to see you here.

Reactions: Episkopos

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only I don't know that you could ever apply this rule to public forums, Amigo, but I understand the principle where churches are involved at least : )
It could easily be done . Think on this for a second my friend .
If you or I were in charge of a site , would we not protect the sheep .
I mean whatever is given us by GOD , we are to be faithful stewards of it . As for many sites
i do not run nor own them . SO all i can do is warn out against the error
But if i ran this site i would have no choice but to block those who continually refuse to hear and repent
and rather teach dangerous heresays and point to very dangerous leaders .
We cant stop it here , but we can warn against it and do all to keep pointing to Christ and keep flooding the place
with sound doctrine . You can easily discern whether one is after GOD or after their religion .
And while everyone is welcome to come , if i ran this site , i would have to block the ones
that keep on promoting an agenda . See if you rebuke them and keep rebuking them
and they just keep on with posts that put the worship of saints and etc , That would have to be stopped .
Too many , for sake of getting along and unity , either wont correct , or they themselves can no longer discern .
We truly do have us a highly dangerous gospel getting preached . And its very cleverly wrapped .
It feeds on emotions and feelings , it claims love , and it starts quite small . We have to KEEP an eye out
cause i have watched this inclusive gospel take over sites . Once it sets in and folks start to less and less correct
it gets worse and worse and then very fast it gets worse . No leaven can be allowed in .
And if one is in charge , THEY will be held accountable to GOD for what they were given .
THUS i say its time to make Christains sites , CHRISTAIN again , and that means JESUS CENTERED .
Let make christain sites great again .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We receive many more in the afterlife. In this life we are outcasts if we speak the Truth we are supposed to speak. If we speak the things that Jesus is showing us, we are hated and marginalized.

That is the sacrifice He expects, and it's what so many Christians aren't willing to do.

Only to the lost or believers that have been so corrupted by bad teaching. In 48 years, I can testify that I have been received with great love and care on four continents by believers who welcomed my teaching, if not agreeing with it all. It is not as dark as you think, there are tens of millions who gladly receive believers in Jesus name.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only to the lost or believers that have been so corrupted by bad teaching. In 48 years, I can testify that I have been received with great love and care on four continents by believers who welcomed my teaching, if not agreeing with it all. It is not as dark as you think, there are tens of millions who gladly receive believers in Jesus name.
And, no offense to you or them, but there are tens of millions who will say 'Lord, Lord' and be turned away by Christ.

God's Words. Not mine.
Matthew 7:22-23

People continue to try and make the point that 'if a majority agrees with something, it must be true.'

That is not what the Bible teaches. Quite the opposite.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, no offense to you or them, but there are tens of millions who will say 'Lord, Lord' and be turned away by Christ.

God's Words. Not mine.
Matthew 7:22-23

People continue to try and make the point that 'if a majority agrees with something, it must be true.'

That is not what the Bible teaches. Quite the opposite.

YOu are way too cynical!

Yes there are millions who will do thsat, but there are millions who will also receive a true man of God to gladly receive the Word of Gd from them.

And as I don't agree with teh majority makes right concept- it is an irrelavent comment to me.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It could easily be done . Think on this for a second my friend .
If you or I were in charge of a site , would we not protect the sheep .

Yes, we would. But then what we would end up with is a pretty small site, IMO, and I can give you examples.

You see, the question is how much free exchange should be allowed for the sake of discussion and evangelism, and how much must be restricted. This site here is the most free of all the forums, and that carries both good and bad with it. I just try to take the good each forum offers, and appreciate the positives in it while understanding the negatives that will of necessity come with it.

Remember, there are a lot of things even orthodox Christianity doesn't have completely right in our time. If we silence all opposition to what we regard as "the truth," we may end up silencing the Lord Himself in the process.

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we would. But then what we would end up with is a pretty small site, IMO, and I can give you examples.

You see, the question is how much free exchange should be allowed for the sake of discussion and evangelism, and how much must be restricted. This site here is the most free of all the forums, and that carries both good and bad with it. I just try to take the good each forum offers, and appreciate the positives in it while understanding the negatives that will of necessity come with it.

Remember, there are a lot of things even orthodox Christianity doesn't have completely right in our time. If we silence all opposition to what we regard as "the truth," we may end up silencing the Lord Himself in the process.
Neither you nor I actually know that . GOD is in control . LEt us always remember that .
I understand what you are trying to say . But i have never been about the numbers game .
I learned something . ITS UP TO GOD who he adds . And even if it was a small site ,
at least the lambs would be well fed and safe and built up and encouraged .
There are so many that are hungry . That have been driven out of bad churches and are looking
for places . IF they come in and see lots of dangerous stuff getting taught
THEY might just leave thinking this or that , YET they were a lamb looking for shelter .
I say keep it simple . DO what is RIGHT and LET GOD add who HE will to the church .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither you nor I actually know that

Actually, I do know that. :)

But it's not worth arguing. Suffice it to say there is going to be a great deal of friction on a forum of this nature. That's the price of allowing free speech on matters of religion, which despite the cost I am strongly in favor of in many respects. Some forums behave more like churches would. This one is a genuinely open forum, which is a much different animal.

Reactions: amadeus

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And even if it was a small site ,
at least the lambs would be well fed and safe and built up and encouraged .
There are so many that are hungry . That have been driven out of bad churches and are looking
for places . IF they come in and see lots of dangerous stuff getting taught
THEY might just leave thinking this or that , YET they were a lamb looking for shelter .
I say keep it simple . DO what is RIGHT and LET GOD add who HE will to the church .
Amen.

It's about quality, not quantity.

Sound doctrine, not numbers.

I read somewhere that the earliest churches were a fearful place to unbelievers. They stayed far away. And those who approached with insincerity, or who pushed the slightest falsehood, were run out of the church immediately.

That's the way it should be. That's the way God would have it.

All of this 'accepting all kinds so that we can change them' is a whole bunch of nonsense.

Nobody can come to Christ but those who are called of God. Nobody.
John 6:44

So those who come in falsehood are of the devil; and wolves should be dealt with when they are found in, or around, the sheep pen.

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Jesus being melodramatic when He stated that He didn't even have a place to lay His head? Was He expressing spiritual superiority or a sanctimonious nature?
That's non-sequitor, meaning, an invalid argument. It's like saying, No, Airplanes cannot fly because brocolli.

Jesus was stating truth, just like God always tells us the truth.

The REAL humility is walking together in peace.

Ephesians 4:2-3 KJV
2) With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3) Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Its a false spiritual superiority that says, I shall not stoop down to walk in harmony with others!!

Ephesians 4:11-17 KJV
11) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12) For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16) From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
17) This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

I'd suggest you spend the time, a month or two, to REALLY learn Ephesians 4. We are to be in fellowship with each other because it is God's given means by which we are nourished. By each other. This "walking alone" stuff is not Biblical.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, more Hogwash. A broken and contrite heart is a sacrifice that the Lord accepts, but a joyless Christianity is a dead faith. Jesus paid it all. He suffered so that we don't have to. When the Lord disciplines us, it isn't pleasant, but if you're under constant discipline, you're definitely doing something wrong.
Not only that, but being under constant discipline isn't really Biblical either, because God's discipline works. It's not like He somehow can't manage us. He knows us, and intends an abundant life for us.

Much love!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do have to say I don't get it. A Bible teacher who does not is someone who's Christianity has simply not progressed that far yet, IMO. Why would the apostle Paul say we are the most foolish men if the gospel is not true, if Christianity were nothing but "joy, joy, joy"? Certainly joy comes in the morning and we find the strength to fight another day, but true Christianity is a life of spiritual war, and the life of a soldier is not "joy." It is a life of hardships, as Paul warned Timothy very clearly.

Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

1 Thessalonians 5:16 KJV
Rejoice evermore.

James 1:2 KJV
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

Romans 5:3-5 KJV
3) And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4) And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5) And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Glorying and joy. Real joy!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets... some were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. 36 Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented— 38 of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth. (Hebrews 11:32-38)

Now what do those last words refer to if not that they walked in loneliness and solitude, being rejected by the very people they were serving?
Many of them did. And I have no surprise over those now who may be universally rejected for their faith, just the same, in the Body of Christ, we are one, and we are commanded to assemble, and our live is described in terms like, "the communion of Jesus Christ", the communion of serving, the communion of suffering, the communion of giving, of the Gospel, we do all these things - together. In communion.

Are we not those who are now alive from among the dead? Do we not celebrate and rejoice? Did God create us to love, but not mean for us to share that love with people He puts around us?

Is it the person who has not learned how to humble themself, and to sincerely love, is that the person who maintains "we are to walk alone"?

Much love!

Reactions: michaelvpardo