The scourge of the fundamentalists!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scourge of the fundamentalist!

Luke chapter one:

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

(It is God who thru His angel
Is greeting Mary and asking Her consent to our salvation)
(It was Eve who by an angel consented in disobedience to the fall) ( Mary by an angel in obedience consented to our salvation see Lk 1:38)

27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
(Royal house of the king)

28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
( Mary is conceived immaculate “full of grace”) (the Lord is with Her) ( Mary is already blessed before becoming mother of Jesus Christ)

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
(Her great humility see Lk 1:48)

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
(The salvation lost by Adam & Eve are found by Jesus & Mary)

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

(Mother of our salvation, Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation and Mary is His mother, she was commanded by God to name him Salvation, or Jesus cos He would save us! Matt 1:21)

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

(Jesus Christ is king, in the line of David the king the mother of the king is queen! 1 kings 2:19)

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

(Mary never had sex, perpetual virgin)

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. (Ex 40:34 Shekinah)

(Only one child born to Mary)

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

(Mary consented to our salvation)

39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;

(Just as David brought the ark to Juda 2 Sam 6:3-16)

40 And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.

41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

(Mary is the cos the blessings received by this family)

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
(Mother of God)

44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
(Mary is the first to believe, the first Christian, and mother of all Christian’s Jn 19:26-27)

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
(Mary always glorifies God, even Her soul or existence, another proof of the immaculate conception)

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

(Christ save us from our past sins by forgiveness but he also preserves us from future sin by his grace, in both cases he is savior, and Mary was preserved from original sin and from all sin to the glory of God and the praise of Jesus Christ! Lk 1:49)

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

(Humble virgin as opposed to the pride of satan who was the first Protestant in rebellion against God, saying “I will not serve)

49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

(The immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus by the Holy Spirit)

Mary is the hammer of heretics!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another important aspect of Luke 1:28 should be noted. The angel is here, in effect, giving Mary a new name ("full of grace"). As was mentioned earlier, the word "Mary" does not appear in the text. It was as if the angel were addressing Abraham Hail, full of faith, or Solomon Hail, full of wisdom (characteristics for which they were particularly noteworthy). The biblical and Hebraic understanding of one's name was quite profound. God was very particular in naming individuals Himself (for example, see Genesis 17:5,15,19, Isaiah 45:3-4, Matthew 1:21). God renamed persons in order to indicate regeneration (as in Genesis 17:5,15, 32:28) or condemnation (as in Jeremiah 20:3). For the ancient Hebrews, names signified the character, nature, and qualities of a person, and were much more than mere identifying labels. Thus, God chose His Son's name (Matthew 1:21).

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The God who chose his Son’s name is his Son’s God. That’s fundamental.

Reactions: Lizbeth

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke chapter one:

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

(It was Eve who by an angel consented in disobedience to the fall) ( Mary by an angel in obedience consented to our salvation see Lk 1:38)

27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

The REAL Title of this thread is, THE SCOURGE OF CATHOLIC DOGMA AND FALSE MARY WORSHIP.

Mary was NOT the first to believe The Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Abraham was the first to believe, as written...

Gal 3:6-9
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, "In thee shall all nations be blessed."
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
KJV

John 8:56-59
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto Him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?"
58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
KJV

See that brethren? theefaith lacks even that above basic understanding from The Word of God because of the system of men he is following.

Where does God's Word declare that Mary is God, and is to be worshipped? It is not... written! Nowhere in God's Word!

We also have this warning from Apostle Paul...

Col 2:18-19
18 Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind,

ESV

Reactions: Lizbeth

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The REAL Title of this thread is, THE SCOURGE OF CATHOLIC DOGMA AND FALSE MARY WORSHIP.

Mary was NOT the first to believe The Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Abraham was the first to believe, as written...

Gal 3:6-9
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, "In thee shall all nations be blessed."
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
KJV

John 8:56-59
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto Him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?"
58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
KJV

See that brethren? theefaith lacks even that above basic understanding from The Word of God because of the system of men he is following.

Where does God's Word declare that Mary is God, and is to be worshipped? It is not... written! Nowhere in God's Word!

We also have this warning from Apostle Paul...

Col 2:18-19
18 Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind,

ESV

when or where did I ever say Mary is god and must be worshipped???

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke chapter one:

28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
( Mary is conceived immaculate “full of grace”) (the Lord is with Her) ( Mary is already blessed before becoming mother of Jesus Christ)

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

(Mother of our salvation, Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation and Mary is His mother, she was commanded by God to name him Salvation, or Jesus cos He would save us! Matt 1:21)

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

(Jesus Christ is king, in the line of David the king the mother of the king is queen! 1 kings 2:19)

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. (Ex 40:34 Shekinah)

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;

41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

(Mother of God)

44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
(Mary is the first to believe, the first Christian, and mother of all Christian’s Jn 19:26-27)

(Mary always glorifies God, even Her soul or existence, another proof of the immaculate conception)

(Christ save us from our past sins by forgiveness but he also preserves us from future sin by his grace, in both cases he is savior, and Mary was preserved from original sin and from all sin to the glory of God and the praise of Jesus Christ! Lk 1:49)

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

(Humble virgin as opposed to the pride of satan who was the first Protestant in rebellion against God, saying “I will not serve)

(The immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus by the Holy Spirit)

Well I am a fundamental believer and Mary has never hammered me! But you wrote all this verbage (verbal garbage) to promote the RC lie.

Mary was boinked by Joepsh! Otherweise she would have sinned in her marriage. she also had at least 6 other kids, despite teh game of twister your theologians try to play to get teh named sons of Mary to be something other than her own children.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hmmmm, they still have them do they?......so why would I fund a mentalist?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke chapter one:

(Mother of God)

You use the word, fundamentalist, and then proceed to quote scriptures with no clear explanation as to who it is you are speaking with or about... What or who is a fundamentalist? Please clarify and define! Then, if appropriate, explain why they may be in error and why you must be correct. Might anyone of them be on God's side in any measure? Might you be opposed to God in any measure?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You use the word, fundamentalist, and then proceed to quote scriptures with no clear explanation as to who it is you are speaking with or about... What or who is a fundamentalist? Please clarify and define! Then, if appropriate, explain why they may be in error and why you must be correct. Might anyone of them be on God's side in any measure? Might you be opposed to God in any measure?

baptists etc.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when or where did I ever say Mary is god and must be worshipped???

Don't listen to those deceived on man's Catholic system about Mary worship. They pray to Mary like Protestants do to The Father through His Son.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so... glad that my ancestors in 16th century France became Protestant Christian Huguenots, and fled France to come to the Americas, so they could escape the evil Roman Church that was murdering many Protestants there in Europe.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Luke chapter one:

(Mother of God)

Did you know that verses from the bible are in the bible and one does not need to quote them ad infinitum to show others that you are good at quotinbg verses from the Bible ad infinitum?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baptists etc.
That hardly explains a thing. I have never been a Baptist, but I understand that there many different kinds of Baptists and many of them are sharply different from each other in practices and beliefs. The "etc." which simply means something like "and so forth" also does not clarify what you mean by fundamentalist.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that verses from the bible are in the bible and one does not need to quote them ad infinitum to show others that you are good at quotinbg verses from the Bible ad infinitum?

Christian’s must be taught

We cannot read scriptures and decide doctrine for ourselves according to scripture we must be “taught”!

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Acts 18:25
This man was instructed in the way of the Lord;

1 thes 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Christ Taught:
Matt 5:2
Matt 7:29
Matt 13:54
Mark 1:21
Mark 1:22
Mark 2:13
Mark 4:2
Mark 9:31
Mark 10:1
Mark 11:17
Mark 12:35
Luke 4:15
Luke 4:31
Luke 5:3
Luke 6:6
Luke 13:26
Luke 19:47
Luke 20:1
John 6:59
John 7:14
John 7:28
John 8:2
John 8:20
John 18:20

Christ teaches with authority:
Matt 7:29
Mark 1:22

Apostles commanded to teach:
Matt 28:19

Apostles teach:
Mark 6:30
Acts 2:42
Acts 4:2
Acts 5:21
Acts 11:26
Acts 14:21
Acts 20:20
Col 2:7
2 thes 2:15
Titus 1:9

Hear the church Matt 18:17
The pillar of truth 1 Tim 3:15

To hear men appointed by Christ

Lk 1:4
Matt 28:19
Acts 1:8
Acts 8:31
1 thes 4:6

One faith!

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

One heart / one mind

Acts 4:32
And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul:

Romans 15:6
That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Apostles received the truth from Christ and are inspired by the Holy Spirit and are commanded to teach all men! Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 Matt 28:19

Apostles have same mission, power, ministry, and authority as Christ!
Jn 20:21

The sacred deposit of faith

Thee faith once delivered to the saints! Jude 1:3

Without (revealed catholic) faith it is impossible to please God! Heb 11:6

The church possesses the truths revealed by Christ in person, not from scripture, Jude 1:3, 1 Tim 3:15
Matt 18:17

The church is eternal!

The same yesterday, today, and forever!

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christian’s must be taught

We cannot read scriptures and decide doctrine for ourselves according to scripture we must be “taught”!

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

This man was instructed in the way of the Lord;

1 thes 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I am sorry to say this but you are a total waste of space. You quote scripture ad infinitum, most of which do not make any sense to the topic and even less sense to those reading (sic) them and the only person who does not understand this is you.

You hve the smallest number of likes on this board, SO LISTEN TO THE OTHER CONTRIBUTORS AND THE MESSAGE THEY ARE GIVING YOU. SOMETHING MUST HAVE HAPPENED to give you this deluded idea you have anything to teach us because the fact is you don't. Most of us are not catholic and have no interest in what you think and preach as we don't speak in the foreign tongue that you do.

So do us all a favour and go andf find a forum full of cathoilics that will lap up all your nonsense. PLEEEEEEEEEESE!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am sorry to say this but you are a total waste of space. You quote scripture ad infinitum, most of which do not make any sense to the topic and even less sense to those reading (sic) them and the only person who does not understand this is you.

You hve the smallest number of likes on this board, SO LISTEN TO THE OTHER CONTRIBUTORS AND THE MESSAGE THEY ARE GIVING YOU. SOMETHING MUST HAVE HAPPENED to give you this deluded idea you have anything to teach us because the fact is you don't. Most of us are not catholic and have no interest in what you think and preach as we don't speak in the foreign tongue that you do.

So do us all a favour and go andf find a forum full of cathoilics that will lap up all your nonsense. PLEEEEEEEEEESE!
There are either of two points I reach in the process of interacting.
1.....A disagreement is not a valid reason for disqualification of the other. My ears are still open.
2.....If I arrive at a place where I cannot take the other seriously because they have sabotaged their credibility, they have lost their power to communicate anything to me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are an excellent example of christian charity!

this ain’t a popularity contest!

Reactions: The Learner

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are an excellent example of christian charity!

this ain’t a popularity contest!
Just as well as you no doubt would be bottom of the list as we don't like to listen to know-it-alls that know very little.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well I am a fundamental believer and Mary has never hammered me! But you wrote all this verbage (verbal garbage) to promote the RC lie.

Mary was boinked by Joepsh! Otherweise she would have sinned in her marriage. she also had at least 6 other kids, despite teh game of twister your theologians try to play to get teh named sons of Mary to be something other than her own children.
I thought that Marys Hubby Joseph was much older than her and was Married before he met her ? and he had Children of his own before Jesus was born to Mary.

Anyone who claims that Mary had more Children than Jesus, is blasphemy if not of Satan himself for making such a claim. not to mention what you just said about Mary was bonked by Joseph, what a work of an Anti-Christ in regards to Jesus that is in fact.
Only a Atheist would make such claims or that's just what one would hear from and idiot Anti-Christ on the street, in fact it's typical ! why ? because they don't have a clue what they are on about in fact.

I have heard such nonsense coming from so called fundamentalist. Why because they are just like Islamic Fundamentalist at heart, Only Religious ninny's who do not have the Holy Spirit at all, but are worldly religious dupes. not to mention radical religious fruit loops that do not follow Christ Jesus at all.

I have a mate who is what he called fundamentalist, I say that such does not belong in Christ Jesus at all, Jesus was not a Fundamentalist, the Pharisees were like Fundamentalist.
Having said that, I believe that there are different types of Fundamentalist, just that one mates Fundamentalism is radical as they come full on bat shit crazy nuts !