The Secret Society (No Homer's)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am doing no one will understand for many generations.
OrdinaryColorfulFrigatebird-size_restricted.gif

He's building a time machine, y'all

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I.O.U., just so you know, not all of us think that those who do not know Jesus will suffer forever. I happen to believe that it's the fire that's eternal, not the torment. I think there may be a short-lived, unpleasant time for those who don't know Him, followed by a ceasing to exist, but I don't think God's a tyrant.
This is my opinion. We disagree on many things around here, and that's okay, but we all agree that we need Jesus to save us.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
OrdinaryColorfulFrigatebird-size_restricted.gif

He's building a time machine, y'all
How can Christian's claim that I need their God to save me like it saved them, but show by their behaviour that isn't the case. Turn the other cheek, go the extra mile, give and do not expect in return, do not return evil for evil, return blessings for curses, be of long suffering, it is more blessed to give than to receive, I require mercy not sacrifice, do unto others as you would yourselves, seem to be of no importance at all.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Like I've said) I figure once someone crosses that vast gap of knowledge by surrendering to a supposed belief about reality, then the brain will accept that belief as real sensory information.

IOU, "the brain" is simply not incredibly impressed with relegating God down to a street thug, whose only desire is to shoot people unless they give Him their money.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can Christian's claim that I need their God to save me like it saved them, but show by their behaviour that isn't the case. Turn the other cheek, go the extra mile, give and do not expect in return, do not return evil for evil, return blessings for curses, be of long suffering, it is more blessed to give than to receive, I require mercy not sacrifice, do unto others as you would yourselves, seem to be of no importance at all.

IOU, you are insulting a God we both love and worship, yet we are not taking offense with you but keeping things light. You on the other hand are taking offense at the slightest things.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm gonna be straight because you seem very point to yourself...

Here's the deal.

If we're wrong, you end up either end up in hell for eternity or Heaven for eternity.
If you're right, nothing happens.

But one of those is true and one of these days you're going to find out which one is true.

And something in you believed before and what would the you before say to you now?

If we were flipping a coin, the position you take now holds a greater risk. For eternity.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I'm gonna be straight because you seem very point to yourself...

Here's the deal.

If we're wrong, you end up either end up in hell for eternity or Heaven for eternity.
If you're right, nothing happens.

But one of those is true and one of these days you're going to find out which one is true.

And something in you believed before and what would the you before say to you now?

If we were flipping a coin, the position you take now holds a greater risk. For eternity.
So I should believe in Jesus just in case?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
IOU, you are insulting a God we both love and worship, yet we are not taking offense with you but keeping things light. You on the other hand are taking offense at the slightest things.
In the words of Yoda "Gaslighting is strong in this one"

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You need no one to teach you, for God will bring you to a full knowledge"

Guess where that is from?
"Faith comes by hearing."

But sometimes not by hearing the right parts. Look in the right parts.

We cant force you to believe. It is a "you" thing and it is YOUR relationship with God. We can't control it and sometimes you just have to be willing to open up to it.

But we can support you through it.

Reactions: Pythagorean12

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the words of Yoda "Gaslighting is strong in this one"
Really? And, Yoda?
"Gaslighting is a colloquialism that is defined as making someone question their own reality. The term is also used informally to describe someone who persistently puts forth a false narrative which leads another person to doubt their own perceptions to the extent that they become disorientated and distressed. This dynamic is generally only possible when the audience is vulnerable such as in unequal power relationships or when the audience is fearful of the losses associated with challenging the false narrative. Gaslighting is not necessarily malicious or intentional, although in some cases it is."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? And, Yoda?
"Gaslighting is a colloquialism that is defined as making someone question their own reality. The term is also used informally to describe someone who persistently puts forth a false narrative which leads another person to doubt their own perceptions to the extent that they become disorientated and distressed. This dynamic is generally only possible when the audience is vulnerable such as in unequal power relationships or when the audience is fearful of the losses associated with challenging the false narrative. Gaslighting is not necessarily malicious or intentional, although in some cases it is."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

He is complaining about a few people questioning his perceptions on a Christian forum, when he initiated it by asking a community of hundreds to question theirs.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nancy