• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there it is, like every time! This is how the one in actual error, SHALL behave, guaranteed!

By the way, I did not <<re-establish>> the Sabbath Day, I quoted the Text - HOLY WRIT, where it, says, "keeping of the Sabbath REMAINS VALID for the People of God" - 'apoleipetai Sabbatismos tohi Laohi tou Theou'.

But of MAIN importance in this Scripture is the "THEREFORE"--the WHY "keeping of the Sabbath REMAINS VALID". For you, it's non-existent, while for the author - who ultimately is the Holy Spirit of GOD BREATHING THIS VERY SCRIPTURE, it is, quote, "JESUS while having given them Rest".

So, <<re-establishing the Sabbath Day>> is not what I <<have added>>; IT IS WHAT YOU have DENIED and keep on DENYING: THE HOLY SPIRIT SPEAKING BY THE SCRIPTURES. Just like the SDAs do.

What verse does it say to keep the Sabbath DAY? It talks of entering "God's rest." That is NOT talking about the Sabbath day. You added that. JESUS IS THAT REST.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not one of them. Well I am; I used to be and remains to be one of them scum for as long as I shall be under the Law : TOTALLY DEPRAVED and Christ therefore died for me and for those like me.

Answer #802 if you dare. Show us you didn't ADD to Scripture.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What verse does it say to keep the Sabbath DAY? It talks of entering "God's rest." That is NOT talking about the Sabbath day. You added that. JESUS IS THAT REST.

Never have I with reference to any verse in Hebrews or the rest of the Scriptures said or wrote the Sabbath and not Jesus is the Rest. You loathsome liar, how many hundreds if not thousands of times in my life have I, man alone, stood up for the Divine Truth "Jesus" is "the Rest of God" in Hebrews and not the Sabbath which ...NON THE LESS BUT BECAUSE OF JESUS BEING GOD'S REST... "REMAINS VALID FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD." GOD IS MY WITNESS and you are a false witness conspiring against me child of God. For God is my Father and Jesus my Brother. I SHALL FEAR NO FALSE WITNESS FOR GOD’S TRUTH’S SAKE!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never have I with reference to any verse in Hebrews or the rest of the Scriptures said or wrote the Sabbath and not Jesus is the Rest. You loathsome liar, how many hundreds if not thousands of times in my life have I, man alone, stood up for the Divine Truth "Jesus" is "the Rest of God" in Hebrews and not the Sabbath which ...NON THE LESS BUT BECAUSE OF JESUS BEING GOD'S REST... "REMAINS VALID FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD." GOD IS MY WITNESS and you are a false witness conspiring against me child of God. For God is my Father and Jesus my Brother. I SHALL FEAR NO FALSE WITNESS FOR GOD’S TRUTH’S SAKE!

By the way, I did not <<re-establish>> the Sabbath Day, I quoted the Text - HOLY WRIT, where it, says, "keeping of the Sabbath REMAINS VALID for the People of God" - 'apoleipetai Sabbatismos tohi Laohi tou Theou'.

What verse was that?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What verse was that?

SURE! Sure I wrote this. You never in your entire forum life has been more correct. But too late melady, too late, alas!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Where does it say to keep the Old Testament Sabbath Day in Hebrews 4? It doesn't and is not talking about the Old Covenant, but the New.

EXACTLY! It does not say <<to keep the Old Testament Sabbath Day in Hebrews 4. It doesn't and is not talking about the Old Covenant>> Who mentioned such foolishness? It says in Hebrews 4:8,9 "If JESUS GAVE THEM REST (which He did) THEREFORE for the People of God REMAINS keeping of Sabbath." Keeping Sabbath also "remains valid" because "God would not after (Jesus had given them Rest) speak of another Rest-Day" verse 4--referring to "the Seventh Day God concerning spake thus: And God the day The Seventh Day from all his works rested."

His rest is not one day a week, it is today, and today, and today... Our rest in Jesus is every moment of every day.

He who wants to disagree must be mad.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EXACTLY! It does not say <<to keep the Old Testament Sabbath Day in Hebrews 4. It doesn't and is not talking about the Old Covenant>> Who mentioned such foolishness? It says in Hebrews 4:8,9 "If JESUS GAVE THEM REST (which He did) THEREFORE for the People of God REMAINS keeping of Sabbath." Keeping Sabbath also "remains valid" because "God would not after (Jesus had given them Rest) speak of another Rest-Day" verse 4--referring to "the Seventh Day God concerning spake thus: And God the day The Seventh Day from all his works rested."

He who wants to disagree must be mad.

Out of three posts, you never once gave me the Scripture you say you quoted. Who is the "loathsome liar"?

There is a reason why you couldn't. It doesn't exist.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And then THEREFORE", continues the author, "keeping of the Sabbath Day REMAINS VALID for the People of God".

For your reference, this is the verse you need to produce. Note the quote marks.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And then THEREFORE", continues the author, "keeping of the Sabbath Day REMAINS VALID for the People of God". Not <therefore shall it be abolished>.

What verses is that?

By the way, I did not <<re-establish>> the Sabbath Day, I quoted the Text - HOLY WRIT, where it, says, "keeping of the Sabbath REMAINS VALID for the People of God"

What verse is that?

A contradiction in terms. IOW rubbish. NO ONE, to start, follow the Ten Commandments.

Paul the apostle said that his testimony B.C. was that according to the righteousness which is in the law, he was blameless.

I have, just now, above.

Sorry, I must have missed it. Could you quote the verse in question? Really quote it, out of the kjv?

It says in Hebrews 4:8,9 "If JESUS GAVE THEM REST (which He did) THEREFORE for the People of God REMAINS keeping of Sabbath."

It doesn't say that exactly. It says that there remains a rest for the people of God. And this is talking about heaven, not one out of every seven days in the week.