• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks! Jesus will know I did a little bit of Good when I was blessed enough to have His Spirit work through me.....Other times, when I was weak and gave it to my Old Adamic Nature and foolishly committed sins , well, I got a HUMONGOUS break as far as that was concerned....Simply Because I did “ God’s Will”, God somehow “ Forgot all of my Sins” ......He “ cast them into the deepest depths of the ocean!” What was the “Will Of God” that I fulfilled? Simple. I “ BELIEVED in the One that He sent....” For my simple Trust in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 Plus NOTHING !!!.....I gave Jesus the ONLY thing that I had to offer ( my many sins) and in turn He gave me His Righteousness......
Just like many of the Self-Righteous religionists we see here daily, Satan will get on the stand and accuse me of many terrible sins.What will God’s response be when Satan accuses me? “ What Sins”, God will respond , “ It seems that I do not remember them”......Seems like Grace actually trumped my Sins.....Grace sure is Unfair, isn't it ? Some of you had better learn to accept that.....God Bless....
I don't know if you responded to this yet in another thread...but what do you think of Matthew 5:20 my friend?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if you responded to this yet in another thread...but what do you think of Matthew 5:20 my friend?

“ Abraham BELIVED God and it was Counted unto him as Righteousness”........ God’s IMPUTED Righteousness makes you “ PERFECT” in His Eyes .....just like you NEVER sinned and Jesus said you “ MUST be PERFECT even as your Father in Heaven is Perfect !” Jesus was not kidding .The Reason Paul said the Pharisees and others of the Jewish Faith were Damned was because they had a “ Zeal for the things of God, but without Knowledge — instead of Trusting in God’s Way to be “ declared Righteous” by their Faith in the Shed Blood Of Christ—- they thought they could make it by their Performance to the Law . Their attempts at “ Righteousness” was a sad joke.Pitiful, as a matter of fact ....
Satan had blinded them to the Truth. THIS Truth——“ The Righteous by FAITH shall Live”....
Satan is still blinding people today .....if you have never been made Contrite by a visit by the Holy Spirit and driven to your knees , crying out, “Lord, have Mercy on me , a sinner” .....you just might be a Pharisee!

Reactions: Debp

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ Abraham BELIVED God and it was Counted unto him as Righteousness”........ God’s IMPUTED Righteousness makes you “ PERFECT” in His Eyes .....just like you NEVER sinned and Jesus said you “ MUST be PERFECT even as your Father in Heaven is Perfect !” Jesus was not kidding .The Reason Paul said the Pharisees and others of the Jewish Faith were Damned was because they had a “ Zeal for the things of God, but without Knowledge — instead of Trusting in God’s Way to be “ declared Righteous” by their Faith in the Shed Blood Of Christ—- they thought they could make it by their Performance to the Law . Their attempts at “ Righteousness” was a sad joke.Pitiful, as a matter of fact ....
Satan had blinded them to the Truth. THIS Truth——“ The Righteous by FAITH shall Live”....
Satan is still blinding people today .....if you have never been made Contrite by a visit by the Holy Spirit and driven to your knees , crying out, “Lord, have Mercy on me , a sinner” .....you just might be a Pharisee!
"Imputed" righteousness is justification...the fact that you are declared righteous.

Have you considered that it is impossible for the Lord to lie (Hebrews 6:18, Titus 1:2)?

In declaring any man righteous, He creates a new reality (Romans 4:17).

1Jo 3:7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Imputed" righteousness is justification...the fact that you are declared righteous.

Have you considered that it is impossible for the Lord to lie (Hebrews 6:18, Titus 1:2)?

In declaring any man righteous, He creates a new reality (Romans 4:17).

1Jo 3:7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

And the point trying to made here would be ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 3:9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 3:6, Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jo 2:17, And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 John 1:8 is speaking of indwelling sin rather than practical sins...otherwise it is in contradiction to its context in the rest of the book.

Also, there is:

Jde 1:24, Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

1Jo 2:10, He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

And:

1Jo 3:3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1Jo 2:6, He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

And:

1Th 5:23, And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:24, Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Heb 10:14, For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Col 2:11,(kjv), In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Col 2:11 (NLT), When you came to Christ, you were “circumcised,” but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision—the cutting away of your sinful nature.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t figure it out....if you seriously desire an answer for whatever the question is.....just simply rephrase it....I don’t have the time or inclination to play games.....
Imputed righteousness is always going to translate into a practical (imparted) righteousness (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6)...and if it doesn't, you ought to question as to whether it is really imputed to you.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
instead of Trusting in God’s Way to be “ declared Righteous” by their Faith in the Shed Blood Of Christ
The shed blood of Christ does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9)....it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

Is it possible that it can be applied to someone and do in or for them one thing without also doing the other?

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
1Jo 3:9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 3:6, Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jo 2:17, And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 John 1:8 is speaking of indwelling sin rather than practical sins...otherwise it is in contradiction to its context in the rest of the book.

I suspected you wouldn't like that verse. And Because of it You Made up your own Doctrine, Sin is Sin It only took One sin For death to come into this world And Satan Used altering what God said to do it, It seams Your Worshiping your Faith in yourself, The Verse Says what is says the context is very Straight forward What I think you are failing to understand is our old man that was crucified with Christ And the New man Ephesians 4:24 which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Colossians 3:10 which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

In your flesh dwells no Good thing all it can do is Sin, Jesus said If you abide in Me and I in you you will be fruitful. Our good and fruitful works are only carried out in the new nature in Christ , for the new nature is being conformed into the image and likeness of Christ. The work of the holy Spirit in the life of a believer is to make our new nature like Christ, and in Him there is no sin. It is when we abide in Christ that we are submitted to the holy Spirit , If we do not abide in Christ we are submitted to the old sin nature. Sins always come from the old man. Sins can only take place when we are out of fellowship with Jesus, But if we abide in Christ we cannot sin, our new life in Christ cannot sin

If you are Going to Look to yourself Your a Sinner If you look to Jesus in there is The rightousness of God But to be Honest I see you talking about yourself, Think about it Why in the Lords prayer does it say Forgive us our sins Luke 11:4, If you Are Born again The spirit That lives in you is Perfect and When you Walk in the Spirit you cant Sin, There are Three things to be Dealt With Body Soul And Spirit, God Can Make them all New But while you have this Body 1 John 1:8 applies, Your Spirit Can Be Perfect where does that Leave your Soul

Romans 7 : 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspected you wouldn't like that verse. And Because of it You Made up your own Doctrine,

How is what I posted my own doctrine? It was scripture after scripture.

Think about it Why in the Lords prayer does it say Forgive us our sins

Why in the Lord's prayer does it say lead us not into temptation?

There are Three things to be Dealt With Body Soul And Spirit, God Can Make them all New But while you have this Body 1 John 1:8 applies,

No doubt. And 1 John 1:8 means that we all have indwelling sin. However, indwelling sin can be rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that sin no longer has dominion over us (any say over our behaviour) (Romans 6:14).

Which means that we are not bound to practically sinning inevitably in the future.

We can indeed walk in freedom (John 8:31-36) and victory (1 Corinthians 15:57).

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imputed righteousness is always going to translate into a practical (imparted) righteousness (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6)...and if it doesn't, you ought to question as to whether it is really imputed to you.

I believe the imputed righteousness of God SHOULD manifest itself ....in most cases I believe it WILL manifest itself .....I simply maintain it does not HAVE to ...The Thief on the Cross did not show much “ practical Righteousness”, did he.....
I can say THIS MUCH with certainty, because I LIVED it.....it can take YEARS before any “practical Righteousness” or Fruit Bearing shows up in the Life Of a Believer .....Much of the “Righteous” Behavior we see is really a Fleshly one....a change of the “ outside of the cup” to satisfy the spying eyes of hypocritical church goers.....
My “ righteous “ Performance is very lacking ....but at least I got ONE thing going for me ....ANY “good” that ever comes out of me is due to the Holy Spirit that indwells me....I won’t PERFORM for any man or group of men...I simply plan to live and end my Faith Walk the same Way I started it ....FAITH ! Just like Paul told the “ Foolish Galatians” to do.....I put my Complete Trust in the Promises Of God and let the “Performance Chips “and the Fruit Bearing” take care of itself....
If it is not occurring Naturally it’s just “ Dead Works” anyhow......Learn to Rest in the Finished Work Of The Cross and Let God Work THROUGH you....Stop Trying and start Trusting and All Of That Performance and Righteous Living will take care of itself.....he That tries the least, yet trust the most will yield the most Fruit.....God Bless...

Reactions: Debp

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My “ righteous “ Performance is very lacking

I don't know if you are making this statement out of false humility or whether you are making it because it is accurate.

I will only say this scripture:

Mat 5:20, For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1JOHN2 [3] AND HEREBY WE DO KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.[4] He that saith, i know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.[5] But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Theres the people that know God

Jesus left us with only Two Commandments—- Believe and Love.....he is never referring to the Law Of Moses after His Resurrection...you need to study your Bible and “Rightly Divide”..... or you will “ stand ashamed” , like Paul warned....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus left us with only Two Commandments—- Believe and Love.....he is never referring to the Law Of Moses after His Resurrection...you need to study your Bible and “Rightly Divide”..... or you will “ stand ashamed” , like Paul warned....
The OT law is exalted by Jesus and also made honourable by Him...

1 John 5:3 and 2 John 1:6 declare that keeping the commandments of God (i.e. the law) is the love of God.

It does not save a man.

But one who is truly born again will have the love of the Lord dwelling in him...and therefore he will also keep the commandments.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if you are making this statement out of false humility or whether you are making it because it is accurate.

I will only say this scripture:

Mat 5:20, For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I say it because I know it is the Truth about BOTH of us....I see it.....I have the Wisdom , the Insight and Humility to admit it.....you don’t.

The closer one gets to God, the FARTHER away one sees himself.....the reaction to knowing God is NOT “ look how great I am doing with my Performance”..... the reaction should be ( as it was with all of God’s prophets ).....” Woe is Me”
Any man who thinks he is “ good enough” to merit Heaven is Damned....Grace is the ONLY HOPE you have.....I pray that God gives you “ eyes to see”....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray that the Lord gives you "eyes to see" that "your" righteousness must exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees, or you will not enter in to the kingdom...

That Jesus' purpose in coming was not to "save His people in their sins"...but to "save His people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me know when your “ Holy” Performance gets to the point that you NEVER have a Lustful thought as Jesus ALSO warned about when discussing “ the righteousness of the Pharisees”..... Until that day comes, you have not surpassed anybody, much less the Super-Religious, Prideful, headed- for - Hell because of their self righteousness , Pharisees....
Jesus was not preaching the way to earn Heaven in His Sermon on the Mount.....Jesus preached HIMSELF.....the absolute NEED for Him and the Mercy Of God
NOBODY ever kept the Commandments and Sermon on the Mount was the “ Commandments Of God On STEROIDS”......The only reaction Jesus wanted for His most Severe “ Fire and Brimstone “Sermon was this ( clearly shown by the Sinful Publican, the evil tax- Collector ) .....” Lord, have Mercy on me , a Sinner......that little prayer is enough to save forever anybody that utters it.....the only “ catch” is ,one must have a CONTRITE HEART to say it sincerely.....Did God in His Mercy grant you a “ Contrite Heart? “ I hope so.....I also have my doubts....I am not sure if you have met God—- much less, gotten to know Him....

Reactions: HisLife