THE THINGS THAT PREVENT BIBLICAL UNION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many things that prevent us all, as a church, from doing what the earliest church did, they had "all things common". Nobody lacked. All were together often, worshipping, eating meals together weekly/daily! Always giving thanks and putting others above themselves; producing real fruit.

To myself, the largest gap that prevents biblical union is dogged "doctrine" that is not salvific! But, can still lead one to believe in a false doctrine, such as IMHO the PTR.

How simple really, as Paul said: "1 Corinthians 2: 1
"For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified."

Can you see Paul blowing off all the "winds of doctrine" and stating the above? Lol.

Any other instances you all might add?
Thanks, good night!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are many things that prevent us all, as a church, from doing what the earliest church did, they had "all things common". Nobody lacked. All were together often, worshipping, eating meals together weekly/daily! Always giving thanks and putting others above themselves; producing real fruit.

To myself, the largest gap that prevents biblical union is dogged "doctrine" that is not salvific! But, can still lead one to believe in a false doctrine, such as IMHO the PTR.

"For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified."

Can you see Paul blowing off all the "winds of doctrine" and stating the above? Lol.

Thanks, good night!
The problem is our dogged focus on ourselves Nancy. One can see from the above text that Paul had one focus, it was Jesus.
How we see him matters and doctrine determines how we see him.

If we are not seeing Jesus as an intimate and cognitive reality which consumes our reality, we have a dim view. Further, if we argue doctrines which take our focus off him or if we do not understand how doctrine is for the purpose of bringing Jesus into view/ preeminence we have been sold a dud product......and a dud product will never achieve the unity experienced in the early Church.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Nancy

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks, good night!
Hmm: false doctrine is correct. That is why so many are coming out of denominations because they are finally reading the real words. Take revelation 3 14. Still today even most people that read it will not believe it. Or Isaiah 45.7. That God created evil.

It is the traditions of men that have created God in their image and thereby limiting Him from blessing His children.

Other traditions are dogmas added to worship like the interpretation of scripture is flat, etc.

Read the word and believe them over what you pastor tells you they mean.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm: false doctrine is correct. That is why so many are coming out of denominations because they are finally reading the real words. Take revelation 3 14. Still today even most people that read it will not believe it. Or Isaiah 45.7. That God created evil.

It is the traditions of men that have created God in their image and thereby limiting Him from blessing His children.

Other traditions are dogmas added to worship like the interpretation of scripture is flat, etc.

Read the word and believe them over what you pastor tells you they mean.
Hello @XFire , welcome to the forums. We hope you will enjoy your time here.
There are several here who choose to no longer attend a church because of false doctrine, rock bands lights and theatrical smoke. I also no longer attend but am hoping to find a home church around me.
Again, welcome to CyB!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there can be BIBLICAL UNION, when we base our faith in the word and live by only it.
Do these things, ye shall never fall:

Romans 12:16
16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

2 Peter 1:
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue KNOWLEDGE;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the SCRIPTURES IS OF ANY PRIVATE INTERPRETATION.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Verse 5-7 of 2 Peter are things we must do in our walk of faith. These who continually extol works salvationism as an exhibit against growth, is a joke to any true believer & leaves a lot to be desired in the one saying such.

IMHO the reformist have done more harm to the body of Christ than any other with their teachings of rituals and false doctrines; worshipping of saints, rosary, purgatory, investigative judgement, the preselected to salvation, the anointed, ECT.

Being of the same mind, however does not have to be in any organized religion of man made origins !

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there can be BIBLICAL UNION, when we base our faith in the word and live by only it.
Do these things, ye shall never fall:

Romans 12:16
16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

2 Peter 1:
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue KNOWLEDGE;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the SCRIPTURES IS OF ANY PRIVATE INTERPRETATION.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Verse 5-7 of 2 Peter are things we must do in our walk of faith. These who continually extol works salvationism as an exhibit against growth, is a joke to any true believer & leaves a lot to be desired in the one saying such.

IMHO the reformist have done more harm to the body of Christ than any other with their teachings of rituals and false doctrines; worshipping of saints, rosary, purgatory, investigative judgement, the preselected to salvation, the anointed, ECT.

Being of the same mind, however does not have to be in any organized religion of man made origins !
Amen!

1 Corinthians 2 1 "For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."

Reactions: Shittim