The tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Amen! It "looked" good to eat....but there is a a way that "seems" right unto a man ....but it is the way of death.
Facts are simple and
facts are straight
facts arent lazy and
facts arent late
facts dont come with points of view
facts don't do
what I want them to
facts just twist
the truth around
facts are living
turned inside out

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While Adam was blameworthy in many ways, Eve was not entirely innocent. And that is why she gets the criticism.

1. She knew exactly what God had said, but modified His actual words to open the way for disobedience.

2. She knew who God was, and what He had given the first human pair, yet she willingly had a dialogue with the Serpent (the Dragon), instead of simply walking away, or going one step further and rebuking him.

3. She wanted to delve into something which was forbidden, and allowed all of her selfish desires (actually the three lusts) to direct her on to the wrong path. In other words, she was willingly deceived.

4. Not only did she blatantly disobey God, but she enticed her husband to become her accomplice in *crime*.

5. When confronted with her sin by God, she failed to ask forgiveness, but transferred blame to the Serpent.

In any event, because Adam was ultimately responsible for Eve as well as himself, and he knowingly disobeyed God (not under deception), he is the one who is held responsible for bringing the curse of sin and death upon the human race, as well as the curse on creation.

There is also a deeper lesson revealed in Scripture;

The Order Of Gods Design FOR The Vessels He has created and made, called manKIND.

Male- then Female, then Children.

Male, a weak vessel, With the Greater responsibility TO Hear, Learn, Teach, Oversee the weakER and weakEST Vessels.

The weakER Vessels, Female, responsibility, TO also, Hear, Learn, Teach, Oversee the weakEST Vessels, Children.

Both Adam and Eve Heard God say; Do Not Eat from the Tree of Good and Evil.

Where was Adam when Eve...
1) heard the Serpent speak to Eve?
2) Eve became Captured by the the Serpents attention?
3) Eve looked at the Serpent?
4) Eve listened To the Serpent?
5) Eve talked To the Serpent?
6) Eve looked at the Tree of G & E?
7) Eve reached out and Took Fruit of the Tree?
8) Eve ate what SHE took?

It is the Same Lesson throughout Scriptures...the Order of responsibility to Oversee.

Further the result of consequence is revealed in Genesis.

Dealt with first is the Culprit... the Serpent.
Then the Female...Then the Male.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Enoch111

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah that is perfect, then you are saved, see, if you can admit that you do not know. All are deceived, right.
he who says he knows does not yet know as he ought. So, with apologies to all of the knowledgeable answers you may have gotten to this in the interim, my vote for judge goes to you :)

we have been raised as determinists, ok, and determinism can be very useful, it's how you get to the moon, etc, though what you're gonna do once you get there i dunno, but then i am confused. Anyway, imo you are a naturally more dialectic thinker, most women are i guess, and that is what this is really about imo. Seeing that there may be other valid perspectives that even clash with yours (which btw the Bible will even teach one, if they open at page 1 and read without human help for a while at first, just like It says).

strangely enough, even "serving others" can be a very evil pursuit, as it turns out

If I am being honest it took me days to understand your first post here about: the OP was asking for one to take of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. One day my mind is made up and I am certain I'll never be confused again...the next day I am confused. It seems I strive to have my mind made up but maybe that is not what needs to be strived for? But the opposite of a mind made up?

oddly I woke up this morning asking God the question: "How do you get people who won't listen to hear?" ...o_O
Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Don't be confused: Take a deep breath; read several different translations of Genesis chapter 2 & 3. As you read it, think about the entire Bible. Ask God to open the scriptures. Compare what the different translations say. Check the meaning of words in Strong's.

@bbyrd009 I have been saying from the start that I define Evil as Disobedience. I know what Isaiah 47 says. What I understand from you is that you mistake true Evil, which is rebellion and disobedience, from the human perspective of things we dislike and call evil. Evil: that is rebellion and disobedience is a lack, an absence, of The Good. Lucifer was created Good. He rebelled against The Good. So he lacks Goodness.
I am running late and can't finish this. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. I feel certain that you are worried that I think God did not create everything. What I am suggesting is the only way I know to reconcile The Goodness of God with the existence of Evil.

Rejoice Always
Maybe it CANNOT be reconciled?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I am being honest it took me days to understand your first post here about: the OP was asking for one to take of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. One day my mind is made up and I am certain I'll never be confused again...the next day I am confused. It seems I strive to have my mind made up but maybe that is not what needs to be strived for? But the opposite of a mind made up?

oddly I woke up this morning asking God the question: "How do you get people who won't listen to hear?" ...o_O
Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

God is jealous over our souls. He wants them attached to Him....not each other.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i can't think of a single thing that is not neutral, but see what we are talking about is a perspective shift, no "things" have been altered in the least. If you wanna pose an example, we could play with it a little and the point might become clearer, i guess it's hard to believe that good and evil are completely subjective when applied to things, or that you cannot serve others until this is understood, i don't think
I'm not getting all my alerts...I almost missed this.
I don't think good and evil are subjective....I think everything is objective.
It doesn't take much to know if something is good or evil.
I mean both morally evil and naturally evil....I do have a different definition of evil than some here do. I do not see it as the absence of good but it is its own force or power.

Evil can be said to be something "bad" or our examples would become rediculous.
For example:
Brushing your teeth is good.
Not brushing your teeth is evil...! Better to say "bad". But it's still on the negative side.

Is typing neutral? No. Because it depends on what you're typing...will it be for the betterment of mankind, or the worsening of mankind?

And so it goes...

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't think good and evil are subjective....I think everything is objective.
It doesn't take much to know if something is good or evil.
this is the definition of 'the knowledge of good and evil' GG
I do have a different definition of evil than some here do.
and i guess that is the whole point :)

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"How do you get people who won't listen to hear?" ...o_O

Good point. :)
And the answer is...You cannot!!

And people still wont harken any more than back then.
They still keep insisting that 'their' knowledge and brand of 'good' , which they got from the forbidden tree is indeed the God kind of Good.' They still believe the same lie that Eve believed= "Now I really know what is good and what is evil. " And man still chooses to judge by the seeing of the eye, as Eve did...and judge it as good!! :rolleyes:

Our calling is into God's Life in the kingdom. "In God we live and move and have our being."

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha! you don't of course right, that would be tossing pearls to swine i guess. But irl is diff from a forum, surrounded by witnesses, and written, etc.
Wasn't talking of the forum but of my mother. About to be ninety she still spits on any mention of God...yet she cries(literally) saying she has never felt like she had a home or a real Father. She looks back at the train-wreck-of-a-life and is convinced that is as good as it will ever be and her last chance at life. I'm left speechless. With all the scripture in my mind and all the "knowing" … I am speechless. And you are right...no matter how hard I try, I can't make her hear. Only He can open her ears and eyes to love.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wasn't talking of the forum but of my mother. About to be ninety she still spits on any mention of God...yet she cries(literally) saying she has never felt like she had a home or a real Father. She looks back at the train-wreck-of-a-life and is convinced that is as good as it will ever be and her last chance at life. I'm left speechless. With all the scripture in my mind and all the "knowing" … I am speechless. And you are right...no matter how hard I try, I can't make her hear. Only He can open her ears and eyes to love.

And I was thinking that you were talking about us on this Forum :D

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I was thinking that you were talking about us on this Forum :D
No, I was speaking of my mother who tells me the last time she spoke to God was when she was a child and how God doesn't speak to people. What I felt like God answered this morning when I asked: "How do you get people who don't hear to listen?" ...is even those that do hear don't always listen. I would be lying if I told you I've never signed off from the forum and not felt frustrated. Usually I find out I'm the one needing to revisit a topic. We butt- heads(--is that how you spell it?) sometimes on here and it gets frustrating but I am thankful for the opportunity of others point of view and challenges to my own. (Proverbs 27:17) "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I was speaking of my mother who tells me the last time she spoke to God was when she was a child and how God doesn't speak to people. What I felt like God answered this morning when I asked: "How do you get people who don't hear to listen?" ...is even those that do hear don't always listen. I would be lying if I told you I've never signed off from the forum and not felt frustrated. Usually I find out I'm the one needing to revisit a topic. We butt- heads(--is that how you spell it?) sometimes on here and it gets frustrating but I am thankful for the opportunity of others point of view and challenges to my own. (Proverbs 27:17) "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
I am very thankful for your pov and I can say w/o any soul-tie... love you sister and what you bring to the table!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ppl with father issues have a really hard time with the concept of God as Father, ya. You might rapproch God as "Creative Force" or a few other concepts that she might be more amenable to i guess, search "people with poor paternal relationships have trouble believing in God" or something for some more strategies if you like...but hopefully you are over the thing where you feel that you have to convert her for her to avoid hell or anything like that anyway
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...7LXdAhXM3lMKHaHlBhoQ1QIIcCgA&biw=1280&bih=629

Last edited:

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This simple word came from a brother and set me free from "the thing where I feel I have to convert":
What you're doing to evangelize, if you're following the way of the Shulamite maiden, you're walking in the Spirit!
To do what He says to do, when you should do it. To walk in the Spirit and be yielded to do whatever He says to do, and not to do when He says not to.