• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well said and Amen to that, one is not free if one is under someones thumb, and Christ came to set men free, not to oppress them.

Absolutely.

We were under the thumb of the Law and Commandments before we were born again.
Jesus came, died, removed the Thumb, gave us 2 Commandments that will keep all of Moses 10, if we do them.

The Legalist, is a person who is born again, (probably in most cases), and have put themselves back under the "thumb" of commandments, and enduring, and self effort.
They are "walking in the Flesh".

I often ask this person, the Legalist, a simple question, and they can never answer it, because their Legalism isn't capable.
Its this.

Explain how the blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved.

The heretic, the Legalist will look at that question till their eyeballs burn and they explode.
They cannot answer it, as to agree with it isn't their faith.
As you have to have utter and complete faith in CHRIST to get you to heaven, to be able to agree with that Question.
They cant. The Legalist can't agree with it, because they are trying to keep themselves saved.
That's Legalism.

Reactions: Waiting on him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain how the blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved.

We are not only justified by the blood of Jesus (Romans 5:9); but we are sanctified by it (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, 1 John 1:7). In this sanctification, through abiding in the sanctification that is wrought through the blood, we "sin not" (1 John 3:6) for ever (1 John 2:17).

So then, it keeps me saved* by continuing to sanctify me.

Also, if I were to ever mess up and blow it, by sinning in some way, shape, or form, it continues to justify me (Romans 5:9).

The Lord will not impute sin to me (Romans 4:8) because I am not under the law (Romans 6:14) am dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and am delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).

The law does not apply to me because of this; and because of this I cannot sin (sin is not imputed to me)...Romans 4:15, Romans 5:13; Romans 4:8.

*saved in the sense of sanctified...delivered from the power of sin.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are not only justified by the blood of Jesus (Romans 5:9); but we are sanctified by it (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, 1 John 1:7). In this sanctification, through abiding in the sanctification that is wrought through the blood, we "sin not" (1 John 3:6) for ever (1 John 2:17).
So then, it keeps me saved* by continuing to sanctify me.
Also, if I were to ever mess up and blow it, by sinning in some way, shape, or form, it continues to justify me (Romans 5:9).
The Lord will not impute sin to me (Romans 4:8) because I am not under the law (Romans 6:14) am dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and am delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).
The law does not apply to me because of this; and because of this I cannot sin (sin is not imputed to me)...Romans 4:15, Romans 5:13; Romans 4:8.
*saved in the sense of sanctified...delivered from the power of sin.

Go here :

Sanctified by the BLOOD

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, @Behold,

I do think that our abiding is done in faith and not by attempting to live a life that is free from the practice of sin.

However, I also believe that the result of truly abiding is that a man will "sin not" (1 John 3:6);

and also, if a man is born of God, he "doth not" and "cannot" commit sin (1 John 3:9).

Therefore, if I find myself living in a lifestyle of sin, it would be a proper conclusion to believe that I am not born again, nor abiding in the new birth that God has given me.

What would you say is the solution to such a thing?

Are we to just deny that we actually sinned, in order that we might continue to believe that we are truly born again?

Or, ought we to begin to seek the Lord, that He might deal with the sin that has overtaken us as we lay it before the Cross?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Now, @Behold,

I do think that our abiding is done in faith and not by attempting to live a life that is free from the practice of sin.

Lets say that its understood that you can't be abiding, unless you are born again.
As it would be impossible to abide in Christ, unless you are "in Christ".

Also, i dont teach that we abide by not sinning, or that we abide by Faith.
I teach that we abide BECAUSE we are born again, or we would not be able to abide, as we would not be "IN Christ".

Your abiding, your idea of it, is..>"God saved me, now if i use my will and self effort to try to continue to abide as the effort of mental faith"...= Fail@100%
So, that does not even make any sense, as you are trying to believe it and teach it.
Listen, You can't abide in a Spiritual Position, where in fact you are only there "in Christ" because God put you there.
You dont control that by faith, or mental ascent, or self effort.
God controls that by Grace .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, i dont teach that we abide by not sinning, or that we abide by Faith.

We definitely abide by faith; and not sinning is the result of truly abiding in Christ.

Your abiding, your idea of it, is..>"God saved me, now if i use my will and self effort to try to continue to abide as the effort of mental faith"...= Fail@100%

No; faith is not a matter of my will and self-effort.

It is something that the Lord plants in my heart as the result of hearing the word (Romans 10:17).

We labour to enter into His rest (Hebrews 4:11).

This labour that produces faith, by which we receive the free gift of salvation, has simply to do with seeking to understand the message of the gospel as it is found in the word of God.

But there is no self-effort in faith; there is only the effort that we put into being able to understand the message of the gospel, so that we might be able to believe by faith; which requires no self-effort.

We may obtain faith as the result of (the) effort (to understand the gospel); but faith itself does not involve self-effort.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Sarah is in Heaven, according to the Thread :)
She is there because at some point in her life, she was born again.
Mary, unfortunately, never was born again, and so, as Jesus said..>"if you do not BELIEVE... trust in and receive me, (Messiah) you will die in your sins".

If you "die in your sins", you will pay for them, yourself.
Mary found this out.
Skipping Acts 2:38 has no back door.

Bad idea.

Good sinners are not saved.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not a case of....>"ok, i sinned, now im lost again,... or, im in broken fellowship and i need to REPENT to Get GOD to RE-CLEANSE me with the BLOOD".

*Someone made the statement above.

I have a few scriptures I would like you to look at and explain them to me if you will.

I will begin with Simon in (Acts 8:13-24).

Simon done exactly what the Samaritans done in (Acts 8:5,12).

If the Samaritans were saved then so was Simon.

Now, Simon after becoming a Christian sinned and an inspired man (Peter) told him he was not right with God and would perish if he did not repent and pray for forgiveness (Acts 8:22).

That sounds alot like (1Jn 1:9).

The 2nd Law of Pardon (only for Christians)

Feel free to teach me something.