The unforgiveable sin ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:8 said:
That passage is referring to those in Jesus time, before resurrection. The seal is placed on you after resurrection. Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30. Believers in the church age are no longer under the law, but under grace. The law is for lawbreakers..

Matt 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Rom 6:14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

1 Tim 1:8-11 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.
WRONG.
Matt. 7:21-23 is talking about a FUTURE event - Judgement.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS - The agape love that is in believers will never leave them, no matter how disobedient a believer is. :rolleyes:

Rom 5:5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love (agape) has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Rom 8:33-39 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love (agape) of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love (agape) of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Cor 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love (agape) of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Col 1:3-8 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, 4because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love (agape) you have for all God’s people— 5the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel 6that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace. 7You learned it from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant,c who is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf, 8and who also told us of your love (agape) in the Spirit.
WRONG.
God detests disobedience ; ; ;

Ephesians 5:6
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

Titus 1:16
They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

Titus 3:3
For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.

The disobedient will NOT enter Heaven.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Ummmm, let's hear what YOU think Matt. 7:21-23 is about?
Are these people being judged or not?

Which one of your 5 or 6 "Judgments" does it refer to??

PS - My evidence is "nauseous"?? What kind of nonsensical remark is that??
Maybe I should use smaller words that "ad nauseam" . . .
Of course. You must hear what I say about (Matt.7:21-23), because you don't know what to say. You can't provide evidence that it pertains to those who are dead. Whether these people are being judged is not the point. What judgement it is and where it takes place is.

Use whatever words you like. They cannot cover your cowardice in refusing the truth. As is apparent in our other discussions.

Yellow is the new orange. Runs up the back. Broad line.

Stranger

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
BreadOfLife said:
WRONG.
Matt. 7:21-23 is talking about a FUTURE event - Judgement.
Right, but it's pertaining to the crowd in Jesus time,
when he was walking the earth.
He was speaking to those before He died.
The church hadn't even begun until Acts 2:1-4.

BreadOfLife said:
WRONG.
God detests disobedience ; ; ;
When believers are disobedient, God convicts us through the Holy Spirit. Always remember, religion condemns you but never will Jesus. You are forgiven.

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love (agape) of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Of course. You must hear what I say about (Matt.7:21-23), because you don't know what to say. You can't provide evidence that it pertains to those who are dead. Whether these people are being judged is not the point. What judgement it is and where it takes place is.

Use whatever words you like. They cannot cover your cowardice in refusing the truth. As is apparent in our other discussions.

Yellow is the new orange. Runs up the back. Broad line.

Stranger
Translation:
"I have NO idea how to interpret Matt. 7:21-23 so get off my back!"

That's what I thought . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, but it's pertaining to the crowd in Jesus time,
when he was walking the earth.
He was speaking to those before He died.
The church hadn't even begun until Acts 2:1-4.

When believers are disobedient, God convicts us through the Holy Spirit. Always remember, religion condemns you but never will Jesus. You are forgiven.

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love (agape) of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
What utter ignorance.

Jesus's words in Matt. 7:21-23 are talking about a FUTURE even: Judgment.
It doesn't matter WHEN it was said because, 2000 years later - it still hasn't happened.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
BreadOfLife said:
What utter ignorance.

Jesus's words in Matt. 7:21-23 are talking about a FUTURE even: Judgment.
It doesn't matter WHEN it was said because, 2000 years later - it still hasn't happened.
Notice the list of things that cannot separate the agape love that is in a believer, Rom 8:35, 38-39..

trouble
hardship
persecution
famine
nakedness
danger
sword
death
life
angels
demons
the present
the future
powers
height
depth
anything else in all creation

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Translation:
"I have NO idea how to interpret Matt. 7:21-23 so get off my back!"

That's what I thought . . .
You have a poor memory.

Go back to the thread "Rome vs Melchizedek".

Read my posts #274,277,285,293,300,336,341,347,359,374

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice the list of things that cannot separate the agape love that is in a believer, Rom 8:35, 38-39..

trouble
hardship
persecution
famine
nakedness
danger
sword
death
life
angels
demons
the present
the future
powers
height
depth
anything else in all creation
And, notice what God says about CHRISTIANS who lose their way . . .

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God take away somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
You have a poor memory.

Go back to the thread "Rome vs Melchizedek".

Read my posts #274,277,285,293,300,336,341,347,359,374

Stranger
Ahhhh, yes. that was the conversation we had where you revealed your many, many unbiblical "Judgments"..

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Ahhhh, yes. that was the conversation we had where you revealed your many, many unbiblical "Judgments"..
Well, it shows you have a poor memory. Or, a selective poor memory.

Actually all my defense was Biblical. It just didn't conform to your 'generalizations".

'selective'.

Stranger

Nov 2, 2016
USA
BreadOfLife said:
Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.
There's that word believe again..

1 John 5:4-5 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Religion always condemns, I choose Jesus.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's that word believe again..

1 John 5:4-5 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Religion always condemns, I choose Jesus.
And your rendering of Rev. 3:5 and Rev. 22:19 is perverted - as is your understanding of 1 John 5:45.
First of all - the latter passage doesn't speak to perseverance - but the Revelations passages DO.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Well, it shows you have a poor memory. Or, a selective poor memory.

Actually all my defense was Biblical. It just didn't conform to your 'generalizations".

'selective'.

Stranger
No - my memory is fine.
It's your twisting of Scripture that is problematic . . .

Nov 2, 2016
USA
BreadOfLife said:
And your rendering of Rev. 3:5 and Rev. 22:19 is perverted - as is your understanding of 1 John 5:45.
First of all - the latter passage doesn't speak to perseverance - but the Revelations passages DO.
You're grasping at straws. It's better to give your life to Jesus. He died for your sins, salvation is a gift.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
No - my memory is fine.
It's your twisting of Scripture that is problematic . . .
If your memory was fine, then why did you make your false statement that I didn't know how to interpret (Matt. 7:21-23)? Because your lying? lazy? manipulative? I will give you the benefit of the doubt for moderation sake and say it is due to your bad memory. Hard to remember one post from another. I understand.

Stranger

Nov 2, 2016
USA
BreadOfLife said:
1 John 5:4-5.
Overcoming is believing. What are we believing in BOL?

BreadOfLife said:
Perseverance in scripture is about winning or losing rewards and crowns in heaven. It has nothing to do with Rom 10:9.