The Unsaved Man Does Not Need To “Stop Sinning”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Judas was hardly a useable example about repentance at all, since his killing himself was due to intense anguish in realizing he had betrayed an innocent man and caused his death.

That scenario doesn’t apply to 99.99 percent of humanity who repents or feels the need to repent.
I guess that I'm in the .001% because after all He'd given me, I tried 100% to kill myself. Why He didn't let me go, I don't know. I'm just glad He didn't. He has saved me from myself. He...is...amazing!

Reactions: doxley and Rita

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a mistake to tell a man devoid of the Holy Spirit ( the Unsaved Man, in other words ) to “stop sinning”......It is God’s Holy Spirit that compels one to hate and abandon sin or to even have the “ Desire” to abandon sin, much less have any Power to do anything about it.....

Don’t tell the Unregenerate Man to “ stop sinning”——- Better to tell him, “ Start BELIEVING !”
Start Believing the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and “ that” will get you God’s Holy Spirit which must be at the Root Of NOT “Change”—- But Transformation! That “Inside Of the Cup” thing that you may have heard about....Trust God to “ Finish the Work that He started”.....Men can always “ turn over a New Leaf” and Change .....Only God can Transform, and THAT is what you need....” Let go and let God”...... that takes Faith....
That only God through his grace gives.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that I'm in the .001% because after all He'd given me, I tried 100% to kill myself. Why He didn't let me go, I don't know. I'm just glad He didn't. He has saved me from myself. He...is...amazing!
No, I mean 99.99% haven’t repented and killed themselves because they betrayed someone to death.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I felt like the least of the brethren ever! I felt like that if I did end up in heaven, I'd be very happy to spend eternity in the furthest corner out of His sight. And that would be better than I deserved. Which it would be.

Reactions: Lambano

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I felt like the least of the brethren ever! I felt like that if I did end up in heaven, I'd be very happy to spend eternity in the furthest corner out of His sight. And that would be better than I deserved. Which it would be.

Those that humble themselves shall be first.....those that exalt themselves shall be last...with your attitude, you can expect to be blessed......

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Although God overlooked the ignorance of earlier times, He now commands all people everywhere to repent." - Acts 17:30

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Although God overlooked the ignorance of earlier times, He now commands all people everywhere to repent." - Acts 17:30

Notice it does not say” Repent Of SINS”......That would be a waste of time as far as Salvation is concerned if it did not include TURNiNG TO JESUS .....perhaps the Word “ Repent” means to “Turn”, in this case—— the word has several different meanings.....

If the word “ Repent” always means to give up Sinning, nobody in the Bible “Repented ”more than God did.... 11 times at last count....of course God never sins ...

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When the fire of affliction would boil up a dreg of sin from my soul into my consciousness, I would, in godly sorrow, repent of it, turning, with the Holy Spirit's help, 180 degrees back to God.
Yes, a turning.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the fire of affliction would boil up a dreg of sin from my soul into my consciousness, I would, in godly sorrow, repent of it, turning, with the Holy Spirit's help, 180 degrees back to God.
Yes, a turning.

Any “turning”from wrongdoing is a good thing.....this side of the Cross, we are forgiven of any wrongdoing before we even ask....

Last edited:
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
It is a mistake to tell a man devoid of the Holy Spirit ( the Unsaved Man, in other words ) to “stop sinning”......It is God’s Holy Spirit that compels one to hate and abandon sin or to even have the “ Desire” to abandon sin, much less have any Power to do anything about it.....

Don’t tell the Unregenerate Man to “ stop sinning”——- Better to tell him, “ Start BELIEVING !”
Start Believing the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and “ that” will get you God’s Holy Spirit which must be at the Root Of NOT “Change”—- But Transformation! That “Inside Of the Cup” thing that you may have heard about....Trust God to “ Finish the Work that He started”.....Men can always “ turn over a New Leaf” and Change .....Only God can Transform, and THAT is what you need....” Let go and let God”...... that takes Faith....

The importance and love in your message moved me to tears. Your message is possibly the most important message I’ve seen on CB a and I’m full of joy, that you shared this.

I can’t add anything I can only quote John 16:8-11

“8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.”

The spirit within all Christians are the same, so trust the Holy Spirit to guide your Christian friends, as promised..

If your friend doesn’t have the Holy Spirit there is no reason to roast him either. He needs the Holy Spirit to change, without it nothing matters..

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The importance and love in your message moved me to tears. Your message is possibly the most important message I’ve seen on CB a and I’m full of joy, that you shared this.

I can’t add anything I can only quote John 16:8-11

“8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.”

The spirit within all Christians are the same, so trust the Holy Spirit to guide your Christian friends, as promised..

If your friend doesn’t have the Holy Spirit there is no reason to roast him either. He needs the Holy Spirit to change, without it nothing matters..

Great scripture you used.....it’s all about Belief, isn’t it.....the root of all sin and the sin that sends souls to hell is Unbelief......thanks for you kind words.....Denmark Rules ! Lol......

Last edited:
Reactions: McFearless

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You speak of faith as it is from the human reasoning. Something were born with. If you have faith it was not yours because it is a gift that the Father gives us through his Holy Spirit not something from are own abilities.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are sins of the flesh and the sin that condemns the soul. Learn them both and you’ll understand why Paul considered himself a wretched man.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak of faith as it is from the human reasoning. Something were born with. If you have faith it was not yours because it is a gift that the Father gives us through his Holy Spirit not something from are own abilities.

I do not believe faith comes from human reasoning.....” Faith comes by hearing....hearing the Word of God”......multitudes “ hear” the Gospel and walk away.....it is “ foolishness to those that Perish”

One must not only hear the Gospel......they must receive it and believe it.....like Lydia , the seller of purple in Acts, one’s heart has to be opened by God to internalize it and become Saved......

“ ALL men are given a portion of Faith”...... I guess it’s like a small spark that can wither away and be extinguished or one can nourish that spark by staying in the Word and learning about God and His Plan Of Salvation .....you can find it by looking at 1Cor15:1-4

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Any “turning”from wrongdoing is a good thing.....this side of the Cross, we are forgiven of any wrongdoing before we even ask....
Each dreg crucified, to me, was another little slice in the process of circumcising my heart. Justified, then sanctification, aka the inner crucifixion.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

equally the same for the saved! The only difference between the two is the lost person takes no thought for his actions. Whereas the Christian has an inward battle. Like Paul said O wretched man I am. I desire to do good and evil is present. I desire to do evil good is present. Paul like all Christians have an inward battle.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is the attitude, the “ contrite Heart” that God is looking for........ironically, seeing that you “ should be” last will make you first .....Christianity is crazy like that...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Jesus said..."sin no more"... but it flies in the face of the Calvinist viewpoint so the words of Jesus are ignored. There's a lot of that going on. We are to obey the commandments of God by ALL means...whatever is available. If we have received God's grace then we never have to sin again. But most will need reminding that sin doesn't just go away because we hold to certain doctrinal positions.

Obeying the commandments is better than not obeying them. That should be obvious. Any effort is better than no effort at all. Of course, no one can walk perfectly without Christ. Can we tell a speeder to slow down...to stop speeding? Sure, and it is wise to do so. Of course, no one can stop sinning completely by their own strength. But how many believers actually walk as Jesus walked?

The OP is only looking at one aspect of salvation...what God did for all men and what is available by a full measure of grace. But it ignores the fact that we will all be judged by our works...NOT our faith. God indeed transforms so that humans can walk as Jesus walked. But that is not a criteria for salvation...it is a criteria for glory. So there is much confusion between God's mercy and His grace that makes us as Jesus in the world.

So as usual only a half-truth is being presented. It sounds right...and leads to a smug self-assurance for sounding holier than those who only see self-improvement in the realm of possibilities.

For those who pay attention to what Jesus actually taught....the question "what must I do to be saved?" was answered by "Obey the commanments." He also said that it was those who did the will of the Father that would be saved.

And then came the religious version of Churchianity whereby the words of Jesus are open to ridicule and treated as non-authorative.

This is where we are in history.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is a mistake to tell a man devoid of the Holy Spirit ( the Unsaved Man, in other words ) to “stop sinning”......

Well, "sinning" is going to bring a consequence.........as "be sure you sin will find you out"..
So, if you tell them to stop sinning based on that fact, then thats a help.

On the other hand, if they never sinned again, they are already damned, by being a Christ Rejector....so, sinning or not, does not solve that situation.

John 3:36

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus said..."sin no more"... but it flies in the face of the Calvinist viewpoint so the words of Jesus are ignored. There's a lot of that going on. We are to obey the commandments of God by ALL means...whatever is available. If we have received God's grace then we never have to sin again. But most will need reminding that sin doesn't just go away because we hold to certain doctrinal positions.

Sin, is only sin, when you are under the law..........as in that case the Law has the right to judge you as a sinner.

However, if you are not under the law, but "Under Grace".... then the law cannot classify these same deeds, anymore, as sin.

They are redefined by Paul, as "works of the flesh".

"Jesus has redeemed the born again from the curse of the law".
This curse, is........the law judges you as a sinner, and defines you as one, because you are UNDER its dominion.

Once you are born again, you are born into a Spiritual Kingdom that does not have Moses Law or Commandments in it......, while at the same time, you are in a body on earth, and so, these commandments are to be respected, but only as lifestyle boundary, and never are they to be given FAITH, as if they can save you if you keep them.

Here is a Spiritual IQ test for you Reader.

Go back in time, 2000 yrs.
Christ is still in Heaven, as the pre-incarnate Word.......>He has not been born of a Virgin yet.
There you are...
You are keeping the commandments, you are water baptized, you are a good person.
Now, if you die, you dont go to heaven.
Why is that?

So, if you are doing all that now, to try to stay saved, you are either not born again, or you are born again, and are not understanding anything about GOD's Salvation that was completed 2000 yrs ago on The Cross.

Where Believers have a real issue is in this area of understanding that SPIRITUALLY they exist... as BORN AGAIN, IN the Kingdom of God, already.
Listen....There is no Moses law or commandments there, and the born again.....exist there.
When we read that the born again are "seated in Heavenly places".....that is not a analogy. That is a FACT of the "new creation" "in Christ".
When you read that :""As Christ IS, so are the born again in this WORLD"......So, is Jesus keeping commandments and worrying about the LAW?

So, there is no law there, where Christ is SEATED, and the born again are the same, down here....
There is no law where God exists., as does He need it. ????...and the born again are ONE WITH GOD, already and forever.
The law is for SINNERS, and there are none in God's Kingdom of Light where the BORN AGAIN Exit,= as a born again Spirit.

The step you have to take in your MIND, where your faith is created to comprehend......is this..
You have to begin to see that you already exist, as a born again Spirit, IN GOD.
That is the real you if you are born again..
So, you have to develop this renewed mind, so that you end your association with "what i have to DO to be accepted".., as you are already a part of GOD's Spirit, as Christ is in you already, and you are in GOD, already.
All you are waiting for is the NEW BODY< that belongs to your "new Creation in Christ".

The reason that cults teach endlessly about the law and commandments and water and works, is because they are either not born again in the Pulpit, and in the Scholarship, or, they are "fallen from Grace", and have lost first love, and do not understand the Grace of God, that has removed the law and has no need of commandments, to deal with your sin.
Listen ...Jesus has become your sin,.. 2 Corinthians 5:21 if you are born again, and you have been made righteous as "the righteousness of God in Christ".
There is no.... "ok what is my part in that".
Why?
Because Christ is the ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN......so dont insult The Lord Of ALL with self righteous talk about "keeping commandments if you want to go to heaven""",. when you are in fact "seated in heavenly places in Christ", already if you are born again, and not just water baptized..

When does a believer take their first step, as......"working out your salvation"?
Its the instant they realize that they are ONE WITH GOD, in Spiritual UNION with God, and that is not related to deeds, lifestyle, commandment keeping, water baptism, or trying to be good.
So, on the day a born again believer FINALLY understands that Salvation is all of God and none of them, as its a GIFT GIVEN by GOD to be RECEIVED BY FAITH.....then on that day, their first actual day of discipleship has begun.
There go the spiritual diapers and the babe in Christ has taken their very first.......step.
And most never see that day arrive, as they are in bondage to self righteousness, which believes that their salvation is tied up in Moses Law and Commandment keeping and water and works.

Dont be that one.

Last edited: