The Unsaved Man Does Not Need To “Stop Sinning”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not inheriting the kingdom of God clearly means losing their inheritance of the kingdom of God.

It clearly does not.
It clearly means that the Inheritance is exactly like the Gift of Salvation.

You dont have it, until its given to you, and once you have it, its yours.

The Inheritance is based on being born again.
You can never stop being born again., and such is the eternal inheritance that is based only on being born again.

Curtis, there is a reason that there is no verse in the bible, NT OR OT, THAT SAYS....you can stop being born again.
Why?
Because you can't stop being born, once you are born.
And in the case of a spiritual Birth......its the same as being born of your mother.
You didnt cause it, and you can't undo it.

Here is how retarded it is.....spiritually retarded,.....to try to believe and teach that you can "lose your salvation".

Its like this...
If you can stop being born again, if you can stop being born, ......then you can lose your salvation.
How ridiculous is this, idea?

Try it like this.....Go to your mother and say.....>"mama i dont believe in you anymore, and i dont want to be born....so, as of today i lost my birth, and im not really here".

See that?
Its retarded behavior.

Now go to God who has ALSO birthed you, and say....>"im not born again any more".

See that stupidity?
Its literally beyond stupid to think that way, and believe that way, about Salvation, yet millions of believers have been taught to be "stuck on Stupid", and God knows they are stuck on it..... thats a fact.

Reader, dont be that one.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, maybe this is a continuation of a discussion elsewhere? But, isn't that a given? Who would tell an unsaved person to stop sinning? I think it would be like telling an arsonist to stop flicking their lighter.
They have 12 step programs for sex, alcohol, drugs, tobacco, gambling, etc. So I think it's OK to tell the unsaved to quit sinning. People do it all the time.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should point out that the 10 commandments are also in the laws in modern society. So it's also OK to tell the sinners to stop breaking those commandments that are written into current law. Like stealing or adultery in the states where it's unlawful. Yeah and killing is also breaking the law.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welp, .... looks like the whole 'Gang' is here!

And the battle cry is, "Those who love God enough to strive to obey His Commandments go straight to hell!" ... right?:rolleyes:

I mean, because ... God only allows those who don't make the slightest effort to obey Him and follow His ways into heaven. Right?

Sounds like you guys all know what you're talking about. Keep going!

Heaven is to the left! Just follow the crowd that did 'nothing' for their salvation!!

heaven-gate.jpg

That's right!! There ya go!! Don't mind the heat!!
Nothing to see here!! Keep it moving!!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the battle cry is, "Those who love God enough to strive to obey His Commandments go straight to hell!" ... right?:rolleyes:

I mean, because ... God only allows those who don't make the slightest effort to obey Him and follow His ways into heaven. Right?

Heaven is to the left! Just follow the crowd that did 'nothing' for their salvation!!

heaven-gate.jpg

The fire needs more wood. Most of those guys on the left are idols of themselves and made of fine crafted wood me thinks

Reactions: Lambano

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

heaven-gate.jpg

What a dumb observation and conclusion......”New Creations” with “ New Hearts” will naturally strive to obey their Heavenly Father —- sin has all of the allure as sticking one’s hand in a fire to one that has been “Born from Above”......I obey God as much as I can...I get blessed because of that....when I choose to disobey God , guess who pays the price ?.I just know that Obedience to the Law is the ultimate in Wisdom, but we are not saved by * OUR* Obedience .....I got Saved by *HIS* Obedience and by my Faith in His Shed Blood.....The Bible speaks about an Obedience to the Gospel .....concentrate on THAT Obedience ( you obey the Gospel by Resting in it) and watch God take care of the rest...You will “ find yourself” being Obedient without having to try so hard......in the end,it’s NOT what YOU do .....it’s what HE does through you....

Reactions: marks

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oof. I’m too horrified to continue in this thread. I’m sorry I even entered it.
This is extremely bad. It’s really, really bad.
That's because we're hearing from you the same message we've always heard: "Clean yourself up with your own power or its the flames for you!" All that message does is makes me want to throw a childish temper tantrum. So I did. I'm not proud of that, but I'll at least be honest about it

Yeah, there's something seriously broken with my "want to".

Yeah, I'm insecure. And I'm not alone in my insecurity. Hopefully I'm better than I was. (Except mature people don't throw spiritual temper tantrums.)

I don't know if this kind of preaching does anything but keep believers at the childish stage where obedience is given out of fear of punishment, rather than because it pleases the Father who loves them. I do remember the point in my own life when I was a teenager and my mother's health started failing. I realized that the punishments she could dish out were less painful than the knowledge that I had disappointed her love for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a dumb observation and conclusion......”New Creations” with “ New Hearts” will naturally strive to obey their Heavenly Father —- sin has all of the allure as sticking one’s hand in a fire to one that has been “Born from Above”......I obey God as much as I can...I get blessed because of that....when I choose to disobey God , guess who pays the price ?.I just know that Obedience to the Law is the ultimate in Wisdom, but we are not saved by * OUR* Obedience .....I got Saved by *HIS* Obedience and by my Faith in His Shed Blood.....The Bible speaks about an Obedience to the Gospel .....concentrate on THAT Obedience ( you obey the Gospel by Resting in it) and watch God take care of the rest...You will “ find yourself” being Obedient without having to try so hard......in the end,it’s NOT what YOU do .....it’s what HE does through you....
Let's see:

"Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not ... in Thy Name done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me ye that work iniquity."
Matthew 7:22-23
Sheep-Goat-Judgement.png

And what is iniquity?

The Biblical definition of iniquity is SIN.
What is SIN?

Sin is the breaking of the Commandments of God. 1 John 3:4

Thus, those who live their lives NOT OBEYING the 10 Commandments of God are "workers of iniquity" - per Jesus Christ.

They will be separated in that day from those who, through patience and endurance, strived daily to obey the Commandments of God written IN STONE by the very finger of God Himself. And they will be delivered to destruction.

37e4d9fe04c077d7c89fa96bf6d8-can-god-be-so-wicked-to-punish-people-in-hell-for-eternity.jpg

"Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the Commandments of God and the faith of Jesus."
Revelation 14:12

The faith and ways of Jesus Christ include keeping the 10 Commandments of God.
John 15:10

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because we're hearing from you the same message we've always heard: "Clean yourself up with your own power or its the flames for you!" All that message does is makes me want to throw a childish temper tantrum. So I did. I'm not proud of that, but I'll at least be honest about it

You only hear that because you have dropped some of the balls you were juggling.
And you have never, never once heard from me to clean yourself up with your own power. I got stuck in that for many years. I would rather pluck out my own eye than lead someone else into that.

Reactions: Episkopos

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if this kind of preaching does anything but keep believers at the childish stage where obedience is given out of fear of punishment, rather than because it pleases the Father who loves them.
This is the only reason true believers obey the 10 Commandments. They do it out of love for God, not out of fear.
John 14:15

Reactions: Lambano

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is a mistake to tell a man devoid of the Holy Spirit ( the Unsaved Man, in other words ) to “stop sinning”......It is God’s Holy Spirit that compels one to hate and abandon sin or to even have the “ Desire” to abandon sin, much less have any Power to do anything about it.....
Dogs bark, cats, meow and sinners sin because it's their nature.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dogs bark, cats, meow and sinners sin because it's their nature.
Amen!, Thats why we need to be made into a new creation, through christ.

A dog returns to his vomit because he is still a dog. He does not know any better. When we are made into new creation, our need of sin (to serve self) is removed. Only then can we start to grow into the knowledge and grace of Christ, and start to see victory over sin.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen!, Thats why we need to be made into a new creation, through christ.

A dog returns to his vomit because he is still a dog. He does not know any better. When we are made into new creation, our need of sin (to serve self) is removed. Only then can we start to grow into the knowledge and grace of Christ, and start to see victory over sin.
There are lots of people who don't understand this.

doxley

Jan 29, 2022
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand this forum, I can't work out who likes who or who doesn't. Someone suddenly comes out with harsh words towards another and I'm looking around me, as though to say "Where on earth did that come from".

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand this forum, I can't work out who likes who or who doesn't. Someone suddenly comes out with harsh words towards another and I'm looking around me, as though to say "Where on earth did that come from".
Oh good a fellow Brit. You'll get used to it and it does have an ignore option. And there are lots of nice people who are good to chat to. Welcome to the forum.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yep, I've heard it so often; people beating themselves because they don't think they're good enough - but who is.

There is a basic dishonesty with Western believers. On the one hand they will say that to stop sinning means only to stop a LIFESTYLE of sin...because they don't believe in resurrection life that overcomes ALL sin. So that is unbelief in the gospel in itself.

But then these same deniers will claim that ALL non- Christians live in a lifestyle of sin...which is ludicrous. Travel the world and go see the poor who suffer every day just to survive. Now compare that lifestyle with right Westerners who enjoy so many benefits and pleasures. Can we not see WHO is headed for judgment? Is the rich Western world (dogmatic beliefs notwithstanding) not under the "woes" of the Lord?

Who is wise nowadays?