The Unsaved Man Does Not Need To “Stop Sinning”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen certain people over the years abuse and misuse the words of Jesus "go and sin no more" in John 8:11 to teach sinless perfection, yet Jesus was telling the woman to go and leave her life of sin, namely, she had been practicing adultery. Also, Jesus cannot compromise his perfect holy standard, so of course He is not going to say, "go and just sin a little bit."

Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin, is only sin, when you are under the law..........as in that case the Law has the right to judge you as a sinner.

However, if you are not under the law, but "Under Grace".... then the law cannot classify these same deeds, anymore, as sin.

This is extremely bad. It’s really, really bad.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
After salvation the Christian needs to stop living sinfully in the same manner as the unconverted do, and walk in the light, as He is in the light.
The non Christian has to repent of sins and change their mind about it, when the HS convicts then of that sin, as part of the Acts 20:21 requirement of having repentance towards God AND faith towards Jesus.

Reader...

Christ said....."apart from me you can do nothing"

He is explaining that if you try to be good, try to stop sinning, then you are TRYING TO DO THIS in YOUR POWER, by YOUR WILL, as "striving".

Result...?? You will fail..everytime, because as Jesus says..."Apart from Me you can do NOTHING">.

"Nothing" is when you try to be good, and all you do is sin and confess., as you are trying to do what you can't do.

Paul teaches you that He was once this.....>"what i would do, i dont do, and what i done want to do, i do that"..

See that lesson?
It continues.. there is more...>HE RESOLVED that issue.
Paul then teaches........I learned how to do this....>"Christ always gives me the Victory".
See that word : 'ALWAYS"?
It means....>"always".
So, to ALWAYS have the victory over sin, over the flesh, over the world, over the devil", you have to never be this....>"Apart from me you can do NOTHING"..

So, how to you stop being that one, and its proven that you are that one if you are sinning and confessing......

A.) you have to stop trying to be good in your own power. You have to stop living in a mental place where you BELIEVE that salvation is what you have to keep, earn, and perform to maintain.
You have to stop trying to save yourself or keep yourself saved., and when that is your MIND< then you are this...."Apart from me, you can do NOTHING">.....Jesus said.

You have to learn to change your mind from ....>"here is what i do to go to heaven"....into..."i am going to heaven because of What Christ did for me, that is "the Gift of Salvation".
You have to have that REAL FAITH IN CHRIST.

See, when you are trying to be good, you wont ever be for long.
But when you rest in God's Grace that has made you righteous already, then you will be as that is the power that is the Grace of God that is..."Christ always GIVES ME the Victory".
That is not you trying to do it.....That is You being GIVEN IT.

Paul told you to "renew your mind", and then you will find that by accepting that God has made you Righteous, forever, through the blood of Jesus, = you are become that as "born again".

You sin and confess because you are trying to keep what causes you to sin and confess. And that is, a wrong mind. (carnal, fleshy).
You have to get and maintain RENEWED mind....and that mind BELIEVES that God has made you RIGHTEOUS, and keeps you righteous based on the BLOOD of JESUS.
And....Until you believe this, you will keep trying to be good, believing that by trying, you can do it., and you will never.........and all you will do is sin and confess and sin and confess.......and Jesus told you that would happen.......as Jesus told you..'Apart from ME, you can do nothing".

To be Apart from Jesus, is to try to be good, in your own self effort.....instead of resting in God's Grace that has already made you "the righteousness of God in Christ".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is extremely bad. It’s really, really bad.

Its actually wonderful.
Its wonderful to be "under Grace" and not under the curse of the Law.

This : "Christ has redeemed the born again from the CURSE OF THE LAW"

See that CURSE?
The law is a curse to you...... and to get that off, you are born again, which causes you to exist here....
"Not under the law, but...>UNDER GRACE"

You should find out for yourself.
Its called "born again"......"not under the law, but under Grace".

Its this...."Made Righteous"..

So, when a person is no longer under the law, then the law has no more dominion over them, and can't define them as a sinner, or their deeds as sin.

These same have now become Works of the Flesh..

You should read Romans 4:8, and try to understand why God does not charge SIN to the Born again.
Read it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have seen certain people over the years abuse and misuse the words of Jesus "go and sin no more" in John 8:11 to teach sinless perfection, yet Jesus was telling the woman to go and leave her life of sin, namely, she had been practicing adultery. Also, Jesus cannot compromise his perfect holy standard, so of course He is not going to say, "go and just sin a little bit."

Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

This post hits an 11 on the confusion scale. The logic here is a jumbled mess. The OP is about an effort to stop sinning. Obviously, if Jesus says to sin no more (whether perfection is being advocated is not the question) meaning to make an effort of SOME kind.

So that is a strawman argument. We are to stop sinning...at whatever level we are able to. Any teaching otherwise is just advocating the very popular modern "lawlessness" that makes sin have no bearing on salvation. This error will be dealt with on judgment day for those who don't repent of such foolishness. As in...go away you evildoers...or lawless ones.

And if Jesus does have a very high standard that is both perfect and holy...then you are negating what Jesus said on every level. In Christ is no sin. Unbelief doesn't know that level of walk because of...wait for it...UNBELIEF. The OP is not about the victory over sin that is found in Christ. It is about a smug self-assurance for having a certain doctrinal bent...that has no power nor reality to it.

So then it is pointless to argue what the gospel is using human unbelief as a measuring stick.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Its actually wonderful.
Its wonderful to be "under Grace" and not under the curse of the Law.

This : "Christ has redeemed the born again from the CURSE OF THE LAW"

See that CURSE?
The law is a curse to you...... and to get that off, you are born again, which causes you to exist here....
"Not under the law, but...>UNDER GRACE"

You should find out for yourself.
Its called "born again"......"not under the law, but under Grace".

Its this...."Made Righteous"..

So, when a person is no longer under the law, then the law has no more dominion over them, and can't define them as a sinner, or their deeds as sin.

These same have now become Works of the Flesh..

You should read Romans 4:8, and try to understand why God does not charge SIN to the Born again.
Read it.

Reality check: anyone who sins is a sinner. Jesus said that all who sin are a slave of sin. Is what Jesus says of any importance to you? Or does your idea of grace cancel out truth and reality?

Grace (in its full measure) is actually the empowering of God's Spirit to walk as Jesus walked. The SAMPLE of grace received at regeneration does not overcome the power of the flesh in the daily walk. For that level of grace one must go before the Lord and PURCHASE the full measure. Think of this as filling the gift of a lamp with oil. Think of it as bringing another talent to the Lord for the talent we have received at new birth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This post hits an 11 on the confusion scale. The logic here is a jumbled mess. The OP is about an effort to stop sinning. Obviously, if Jesus says to sin no more .

When Jesus said that, He had not died on the Cross, and that person was not born again.

So, you need to not just jam the bible into some idea of commandment keeping to try to save yourself.
The bible, has divisions.....and not just in the chapters.
"Rightly dividing", means you have to learn how to NOT just misapply every verse, doctrinally.

Ive read some of your posts, and maybe a Thread.
Ive never read anything from you, Episkopos, that isnt talking about law, commandment keeping, and self effort to try to save yourself.

You've been here a while right?
years?

Can you direct me to a Post or Thread written by you, that talks about the Cross of Christ as your personal redemption?
Is there a post or Thread by you where you give JESUS all credit for saving you and keeping you saved?
Where is your post that talks about the Blood of Jesus, the Blood Atonement, or the Grace of God.
Is there a Thread or post written about this, from you?
Where is it.
Is there a link you can share with me?

See, ive read some of your stuff and its nothing but commandment keeping, self effort, Legalism.
If you have ever posted anything regarding the Cross, the Blood of Jesus, or the Gospel of Grace, can you show us a LINK to that post or that THREAD.......as i dont then you have EVER posted anything but "self saving, commandment keeping, LEGALISM" that denies the Cross and rejects the Grace of God.

Show me that im wrong so that i can see it for myself.

Where is the link, Episkopos. ????????

Post it., unedited of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sin, is only sin, when you are under the law..........as in that case the Law has the right to judge you as a sinner.

However, if you are not under the law, but "Under Grace".... then the law cannot classify these same deeds, anymore, as sin.

Redefining sin is not the same as overcoming it. There is no reward for redefinitions...but only for overcoming. Those who redefine will be under severe judgment. The gospel is the power over sin..not the human dishonesty of redefining sin. It is a great crime...and shows a criminal mind...to do so. Rapists, for instance, justify their actions, not as something bad...but as just retribution based on their own evil inclinations. That kind of lawless redefining makes them dangerous criminals.

Imagine a church that allows those same kind of criminal evildoers (who have NOT repented of their evil but justified it by now being "under grace") to redefine the bible to suit their own evil inclinations...and presto you have the modern church!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Redefining sin is not the same as overcoming it.

Paul redefined it. You apparently missed that part in your commetary.

I didnt redefine it.....Im not Paul.
Im only showing you what HE said, that you have no use for, as usual.

Here is the thing.
Christ is the power of overcoming sin.
Not you.
This is why you sin and confess, and will continue.
But if you will listen to Paul, as i am explaining to you, then you can end your self saving legalism, and your commandment keeping rants, and actually begin to live here.....>"Christ always Gives me the Victory".

However, that is giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are born again, and not just water baptized into a water cult, which leads you to pretend you are saved.

Im still searching for evidence of the Blood Atonement, in your posts and Threads.
I dont ever see any in your THeology........so, as i said....>"benefit of the doubt", Episkopos.
This is why i asked you to provide a link to a post or Thread where you Give JESUS all credit for saving you, and keeping you saved.
I want to see your post about THE CROSS
I want to see your THREAD about "the GRACE of GOD".

Plz provide us with the LINK........of the (unedited today) post or Thread.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reality check: anyone who sins is a sinner. .

Adam wasn't.

Why?
Its because of this..."where there is no LAW OF MOSES, there is no TRANSGRESSION">

So, you can commit a deed defined as is a sin, ONLY if its committed under the law of Moses, but if there is no MOSES law in place to define those works of the flesh as SIN, then there is no SIN...there are only "works of the flesh".

There is your reality check.
I have more.
Find out.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam wasn't.

Why?
Its because of this..."where there is no LAW OF MOSES, there is no TRANSGRESSION">

So, you can commit a deed defined as is a sin, ONLY if its committed under the law of Moses, but if there is no MOSES law in place to define those works of the flesh as SIN, then there is no SIN...there are only "works of the flesh".

There is your reality check.
I have more.
Find out.

Works of the flesh…such as some of these?
19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures,20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these.

Reactions: Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Works of the flesh…such as some of these?
19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures,20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Yes.

All of those are defined by Paul as works of the Flesh.

Now, these are not born again, in that verse.

How do you know Paul is talking about the unbelievers?

Look at this....>"they will not inherit the Kingdom of GOD"

See that part of the verse?
Well, the Born AGAIN, are already IN the Kingdom of GOD.......>"translated from Darkness.....>TO LIGHT".
The Born again are already "IN CHRIST"......'ONE WITH GOD">......"Seated in Heavenly Places".
The born again are this..
"as CHRIST IS.......so ARE the born again, IN THIS WORLD".

So, your verse, is not talking to the born again......as the born again already have the KOG in them, and they are already in it., stunnedbygrace.

YOUR VERSE IS TALKING TO THESE..........JOHN 3:36

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Well, the Born AGAIN, are already IN the Kingdom of GOD.......>"translated from Darkness.....>TO LIGHT".
The Born again are already "IN CHRIST"......'ONE WITH GOD">......"Seated in Heavenly Places".

So, your verse, is not talking to the born again......as the born again already have the KOG in them, and they are already in it., stunnedbygrace.

So if I do some of those works of the flesh, I’m okay, but it’s only when an unbeliever does them that they will not be okay?

Reactions: Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So if I do some of those works of the flesh, I’m okay, but it’s only when an unbeliever does them that they will not be okay?

We all do works of the flesh.
We are still a human being, in a world that is unbelievably evil.

Here is what Paul teaches us about our desire to do these works of the flesh.
Maybe that is to watch an "R" rated movie.
Maybe that is to listen to "Madonna" music, or music by Katy Perry, or whatever is playing on MTV that is nothing but carnal sexuality.

Paul says...>"use not the Grace of God for an occasion to the Flesh".

Hes not saying you wont....he's sayinb...>"watch that, as you have to be on guard".

So many things are works of the flesh..........its endless...the list.

So, when an unbeliever is doing it......they are not born again....So, they are not forgiven.
THey have no conscience about it........they think....>"oh, that feels good, lets do that again".
Its natural for them to enjoy it, to enjoy their sin= as they are Children of their FATHER< and Jesus said of the unbelievers...."you are of YOUR FATHER the DEVIL, and the LUST OF YOUR FATHER, you shall do".

However, when we are born again......we get a new Spiritual FATHER.
We get the HOLY SPIRIT.
We get a renewed conscience..
Suddenly, everywhere we look we SEE SIN......we feel it...... Sin becomes SINFUL to us.
That is because the Holy Spirit in us, is making our conscience "sin sensitive".

Unbelievers dont have this.....they dont feel any condemnation when they fornicate.
they dont think of their sinning as sinful.......they only see it as "i want more of that".

When a believers indulges in a work of the flesh, knowingly...they will feel the sting of HOLY SPIRIT guilt, they will know what they did, and it hurts their heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reality check: anyone who sins is a sinner. Jesus said that all who sin are a slave of sin. Is what Jesus says of any importance to you? Or does your idea of grace cancel out truth and reality?

Grace (in its full measure) is actually the empowering of God's Spirit to walk as Jesus walked. The SAMPLE of grace received at regeneration does not overcome the power of the flesh in the daily walk. For that level of grace one must go before the Lord and PURCHASE the full measure. Think of this as filling the gift of a lamp with oil. Think of it as bringing another talent to the Lord for the talent we have received at new birth.
Do you claim to be sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolutely perfect 100% of the time exactly like Jesus Christ? Be honest. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Are you dropping your stone or throwing it at me?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Do you claim to be sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolutely perfect 100% of the time exactly like Jesus Christ? Be honest. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Are you dropping your stone or throwing it at me?

What a born again believer "claims" is what God says.

He says....the Born again are "made Righteous". They have ALL become "The righteousness of GOD, In Christ".
That is what we, the born again.....>"Claim".
We CLAIM this.....>"The Gift of Righteousness".
We CLAIM that we are a SON OF GOD.
We Claim that we have ETERNAL LIFE.
We CLAIM that we are an "heir of God", and a "joint Heir with Christ".
We CLAIM that we are "seated in Heavenly places, in Christ".
We CLaim we are.."Translated from Darkness ..TO LIGHT".
We CLAIM we have a new Spiritual Father.......Father God.
We CLaim that we are...>"as JESUS IS......so are the born again in this world".
We CLAIM that "jesus became sin", and we became "made Righteous".
WE CLAIM we have become a "new Creation IN CHRIST"
We CLAIM we are "ONE WITH GOD".
We CLAIM we are a Child of the LIGHT and Jesus is the Light of the World.

Why do we claim all these, and more?
Its because God said its true, and GOD does not lie.
Its because God as Christ on the Cross caused it to be true for us, the BORN AGAIN.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader...

Christ said....."apart from me you can do nothing"

He is explaining that if you try to be good, try to stop sinning, then you are TRYING TO DO THIS in YOUR POWER, by YOUR WILL, as "striving".

It’s not trying to do it on our own.

It’s the Holy Spirit who gives faith when the word is heard, the Holy Spirit who convicts us of our sins and tells us to repent, and the Holy Spirit within the believer that believers have the daily choice to continue to walk in the spirit, or yield to temptations of the flesh and live sinfully.

The following that I’ve posted on other threads explains clearly, what we as believers are told God EXPECTS us to do as Christians:

Eph 4:17 Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds.

Eph 4:18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.

Eph 4:19 They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity.

Eph 4:20 But that is not the way you learned Christ!—

Eph 4:21 assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus,

Eph 4:22 to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires,

Eph 4:23 and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds,

Eph 4:24 and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

Eph 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.

Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Eph 5:3 But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints.

Eph 5:4 Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

Eph 5:5 For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Eph 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

Eph 5:7 Therefore do not become partakers with them.

Heb 12:14 Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.

Heb 12:15 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;

Heb 12:16 that no one is sexually immoral or unholy
like Esau, who sold his birthright for a single meal.

Heb 12:17 For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent, though he sought it with tears.

2Pe 3:11 Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,

Remaining in Christ requires bearing fruit, per John 15where Jesus states He is the vine,we are the branches, and if we bear not fruit we are cut off of the vine of Jesus as a dead branch and burned, and sanctification is a continuing process based on NOT doing something, (and not doing something isn’t a work), and that something we are required to NOT do, is commit the sin of sexual immorality, as part of sanctification, to whit:

1Th 4:3For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality;

1Th 4:4that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,

1Th 4:5not in the passion of lust like the heathen who do not know God;

1Th 4:6that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you.

1Th 4:7For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness.

1Th 4:8Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.

In your post salvation Christian walk, your works will keep you from heaven - if you continue in works of the flesh (sin), as Paul warns us many times - and it’s what you DON’T do that is your ongoing sanctification, which is avoid sexual sins, aka works of the flesh.

We are told to control our bodies and avoid sexual sins, what you no doubt claim is legalism, but it’s scripture.

1Ti 5:11 But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry;

1Ti 5:12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

1Ti 3:6 He must be mature in the faith, so that he will not swell up with pride and be condemned, as the Devil was.

1Ti 3:7 He should be a man who is respected by the people outside the church, so that he will not be disgraced and fall into the Devil's trap.

Jas 5:19 My brothers, if one of you wanders away from the truth and somebody brings him back,

Jas 5:20 you may be sure that whoever brings a sinner back from his wrong path will save his soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

1Pe 4:17 For the time is comethat judgment must begin at the house of God: and if itfirst beginat us, what shall the end beof them that obey not the gospel of God?

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
Paul teaches you that He was once this.....>"what i would do, i dont do, and what i done want to do, i do that"..

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a mistake to tell a man devoid of the Holy Spirit ( the Unsaved Man, in other words ) to “stop sinning”......It is God’s Holy Spirit that compels one to hate and abandon sin or to even have the “ Desire” to abandon sin, much less have any Power to do anything about it.....

Don’t tell the Unregenerate Man to “ stop sinning”——- Better to tell him, “ Start BELIEVING !”
Start Believing the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and “ that” will get you God’s Holy Spirit which must be at the Root Of NOT “Change”—- But Transformation! That “Inside Of the Cup” thing that you may have heard about....Trust God to “ Finish the Work that He started”.....Men can always “ turn over a New Leaf” and Change .....Only God can Transform, and THAT is what you need....” Let go and let God”...... that takes Faith....

Sorry, maybe this is a continuation of a discussion elsewhere? But, isn't that a given? Who would tell an unsaved person to stop sinning? I think it would be like telling an arsonist to stop flicking their lighter.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sorry, maybe this is a continuation of a discussion elsewhere? But, isn't that a given? Who would tell an unsaved person to stop sinning? I think it would be like telling an arsonist to stop flicking their lighter.
@Abigail

Psalm 110.3 says: "Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power". We can't expect the natural man to fulfill righteousness in the energy of the flesh; the new birth is so vital (John 3).

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

YOUR VERSE IS TALKING TO THESE..........JOHN 3:36
Not inheriting the kingdom of God clearly means losing their inheritance of the kingdom of God.

That Paul wrote his warnings to THE BRETHREN, is irrefutable:

He warned the brethren that some of them were THIEVES because they’d defrauded their brethren, then warned the church against being deceived into thinking they could steal, or commit other serious sins, and still enter into the kingdom of heaven

1Co 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and DEFRAUD, and that your - BRETHREN.

1Co 6:9 Know yenot that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? BE NOT DECEIVED, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Co 6:10 Nor THIEVES (such as those who DEFRAUD the BRETHREN) nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, SHALL INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Notice in verse 11 he states that some of the brethren used to live that way, but stopped after salvation - but we’ve already seen that some of them were ALSO living in sin by defrauding their brethren and stealing from them:

1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Next:

Eph 5:1Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.

Eph 5:2And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Eph 5:3But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints.

Eph 5:4Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

Eph 5:5For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Eph 5:6Let no one deceive you with empty words,for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

Eph 5:7Therefore do not become partakers with them.