The Unsaved Man Does Not Need To “Stop Sinning”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical response from someone who does not understand the truth of the gospel

No its not. A christian is not a dog. Nor is he a swine, he is a new believer. A new creation. They do not return to their sin. Jhn makes this clear whoever sins has never seen or known God whoever is born of God does not sin (speaking of lifestyle of habitual sin)

A christian does not return to his former self. He had no power to make himself into a new creation. He certainly does not have th power to undo what God did

He is talking to people who THINK they are christian, Who go to church or to the temple or to whever the church meets. And have left. And returned to their sin.

Why do you people come into a christian chat room, yet show so little faith in the work of God to do what he said he will do?
It's Peter's passage. Take it up with him.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowledge doesn't save.
Oh, ... no?

Apparently it has the power to liberate people from sin, as God's Word says it does, which is a step toward salvation.
"...escape the pollutions of the world through knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ..."
2 Peter 2:20-22

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee ..."
Hosea 4:6

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical response from someone who does not understand the truth of the gospel

No its not. A christian is not a dog. Nor is he a swine, he is a new believer. A new creation. They do not return to their sin. Jhn makes this clear whoever sins has never seen or known God whoever is born of God does not sin (speaking of lifestyle of habitual sin)

A christian does not return to his former self. He had no power to make himself into a new creation. He certainly does not have th power to undo what God did

He is talking to people who THINK they are christian, Who go to church or to the temple or to whever the church meets. And have left. And returned to their sin.

Why do you people come into a christian chat room, yet show so little faith in the work of God to do what he said he will do?
Peter and King Solomon seemed to believe that it's WHEN a Christian returns to their old sinful ways, after being liberated from them by Truth, that they BECOME dogs and pigs.

But, of course, you are much wiser and know better than they.

I'm well aware.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, ... no?

Apparently it has the power to liberate people from sin, as God's Word says it does, which is a step toward salvation.
"...escape the pollutions of the world through knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ..."
2 Peter 2:20-22

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee ..."
Hosea 4:6

John 3:3-7 KJV
3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4) Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7) Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter and King Solomon seemed to believe that it's WHEN a Christian returns to their old sinful ways, after being liberated from them by Truth, that they BECOME dogs and pigs.

But, of course, you are much wiser and know better than they.

I'm well aware.
You keep posting Peter

Yet refuse to heed John

Did Peter and John contradict?

I know he who began a good work will complete it until ressurection day

I also know he has perfected forever those he is sanctifying

Where is your faith in the power of God to change people?

Reactions: marks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do they?
Tell them to stop sinning without telling them the whole story about what sin is and how to stop?
The 12 steps direct them to a higher power which is usually God.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand this forum, I can't work out who likes who or who doesn't. Someone suddenly comes out with harsh words towards another and I'm looking around me, as though to say "Where on earth did that come from".
My goodness, Doxley, I did not realize that sounded harsh. It certainly wasn't intended to be that way.

I feel I can be honest with @stunnedbygrace, and she can be blunt with me. That's a good thing. (Though I may soon regret saying that. :p)

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep posting Peter

Yet refuse to heed John

Did Peter and John contradict?

I know he who began a good work will complete it until ressurection day

I also know he has perfected forever those he is sanctifying

Where is your faith in the power of God to change people?
I take the Bible's message as a whole, not just nibbles and snippets to suit my agenda.

"Professed" Christians, like yourself, are the equivalent of the MSM taking 'sound bites' to construct their narrative of events.

A deeply sincere motive.

(not)

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somebody shoud have told Jesus that after John 5:14, and 8:11 He apparently didn't understand -

Sin is bad....everybody should stop doing it.....notice Jesus nor anybody else in the Bible ever said to “ stop sinning to BE SAVED!”.......How does one GET SAVED? Easy......Do God's Will. What would that be? “ BELIEVE on the One that He sent”...... end of story... ( if you want to give it a “ kick start” , simply believe the True means of Salvation that Jesus revealed to Paul.........you will find it in 1Cor15:1-4 )

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This happens when people look at the standard of morality where they are and not gods standard of morality

anyone who looks at god and does not see how sinful they are are deceived and have not understood gods standard

remember john How did he react to an angel? Or Daniel or others that came into the presence of god or spirit beings who collapsed on fear for knowing truly how sinful they were

who are we to think we are better than them

people have focus on self and not a focus on others then judge them because they sin while Ignoring their own sin

The closer you get to God, the further away you see yourself....The typical reaction when encountering God that was expressed by people far better than me was always “ Woe is me”......

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you have never, never once heard from me to clean yourself up with your own power. I got stuck in that for many years. I would rather pluck out my own eye than lead someone else into that.
No, ma'am. I'll let you think about why that's the message I hear. Based on some of the reactions I see from the Grace folks in multiple threads, I'm not the only one who hears this. And please don't pluck your eye out; you might still need it.

I saw your post in the other thread and I see that you heard me once before and remembered; for that I'm grateful.

You once told me to trust Jesus, to look for the places where I wasn't trusting Him. The obedience of Trust. I still remember. I have not forgotten.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lambano is a dear brother to me. He is striving to juggle all the balls at once. He gets grumpy when he forgets and drops one, but he is all bark and no bite. He’s a big softie! He is extremely honest.
Thank you for the kind words, sister. You are quite dear to me also. I'm not particularly honest, but I'm not a skilled liar, and I hate trying to remember which lies I told to which people. Telling the truth is easier.

I am still curious about what you mean about my struggling to juggle all the balls at once.

Last edited: