The vast range of Greys between Black and White

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have any of you even bothered reading (much less comprehended) what OP posted in his 'Voyage' thread?

The way you put "Word of God" and "Inspiration" in mocking quotes says much about you Mikey.

So you think the Bible was inspired by superstitions rather than God?

You are entitled to your opinion like everyone else, but the way others agree with the Bible being uninspired makes me shake my head.

:rolleyes:

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you did. Go back and read Page 18 of your own writing.

You wrote about the word Hell being Pagan...

"The word was used to transfer a Pagan concept to Christian Theology"

Again, You took Mankind's so called 'Pagan Concept' and applied it to the Bible as if it were fact, rather than letting the Bible tell you what Hell means.

You even went on to imply that basically the Bible was not inspired by God, but rather tainted by 'limited knowledge' of the Biblical authors.

I noticed amadeus, Willie T and Helen liked your comment, so I'm assuming they agree that the Bible was not inspired by God, but rather tainted by 'limited knowledge' of the Biblical authors.

Oh well. I guess I now know where you folks stand now.
By God's grace I pray that I will always allow that I am never 'Wholly right', and that others (such as yourself) will never be 'Wholly wrong'.

Reactions: mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol, I truly believe there’s gonna be a time when Jesus interprets all scripture to us directly. I believe He’ll even interpret the spaces between the words.
Its that word. Interpret. why on earth does Jesus need to interpret anything, thats something men do. As for Christ He is available for anyone who calls upon Him, has being since Pentecost, just so few bother with Him.

I stand at the door knocking, who will let Him In.

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And everyone who is not found written in the Book of Life is tossed into the Lake of Fire.

We are judged according to our works, but none who are not written in God's Book of Life will escape the Lake of Fire.

Much love!
But there are those who believe that eternal torment in the Lake of Fire is reserved solely for "The devil, the Beast, and the False Prophet", and that others not written in the Lambs Book of Life are sent there in order to "Perish in a second death" as distinct from "being tormented day and night in a second life".

Reactions: NayborBear

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have any of you even bothered reading (much less comprehended) what OP posted in his 'Voyage' thread?

The way you put "Word of God" and "Inspiration" in mocking quotes says much about you Mikey.

You are entitled to your opinion like everyone else, but the way others agree with the Bible being uninspired makes me shake my head.

Doesnt make mine shake, God never replaced Jesus, and Jesus never promised us a book. But men have there idols...

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are judged according to our works, but none who are not written in God's Book of Life will escape the Lake of Fire.
Hmm you missed a bit

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Those who are in Him will not be judged by there works for judgemnt on them has already being passed and they have being pronounced worth by the works of Christ, not there own.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are in Him will not be judged by there works for judgemnt on them has already being passed and they have being pronounced worth by the works of Christ, not there own.
I understand that we will not be condemned for our works, just the same . . .

2 Corinthians 5
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there are those who believe that eternal torment in the Lake of Fire is reserved solely for "The devil, the Beast, and the False Prophet", and that others not written in the Lambs Book of Life are sent there in order to "Perish in a second death" as distinct from "being tormented day and night in a second life".
Yes, I realize some think that.

I find that the same language that is used to describe the eternal life of the redeemed is also used to describe the duration of torment in the Lake of Fire for the condemned, such as those who receive the mark of the beast and worship its image.

Much love!

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I understand that we will not be condemned for our works, just the same . . .

2 Corinthians 5
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Much love!
You know that no man can be judged for the same crime twice. Do you think Jesus would forgiver someone than cast them away for not being good enough, if EH did, than HE would be saying His own righteousness is not good enough,who do you think He is , like a man...

Why do so man want to be judged for there deeds knowing that there deeds will not save them. Seems an excuse to boast. look at me and all I did.

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I realise that you are deeply incensed by how you read and quote 'parts' of what I have written.
In reality I have said that I don't believe in the 'Robotic pen' degree of inspiration, whereby men were enabled to write inerrantly about things that were beyond their academic and cosmic knowledge, and contrary to their deeply ingrained cultural upbringing.
I didn't say that the Bible was 'inspired' by superstitions, but I certainly wouldn't discount the possibility that he writers might well have been 'influenced' by them.

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I realize some think that.

I find that the same language that is used to describe the eternal life of the redeemed is also used to describe the duration of torment in the Lake of Fire for the condemned, such as those who receive the mark of the beast and worship its image.

Much love!
I accept and am fully aware that I 'cherry pick' in order to arrive at and present my 'inclinations'.
Most of us do ..... just that we don't all admit to it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its that word. Interpret. why on earth does Jesus need to interpret anything, thats something men do. As for Christ He is available for anyone who calls upon Him, has being since Pentecost, just so few bother with Him.

I stand at the door knocking, who will let Him In.
Because He’s the author, men can’t even decipher poems written by other men.

I myself don’t have absolution as many do.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realise that you are deeply incensed by how you read and quote 'parts' of what I have written.
In reality I have said that I don't believe in the 'Robotic pen' degree of inspiration, whereby men were enabled to write inerrantly about things that were beyond their academic and cosmic knowledge, and contrary to their deeply ingrained cultural upbringing.
I didn't say that the Bible was 'inspired' by superstitions, but I certainly wouldn't discount the possibility that he writers might well have been 'influenced' by them.
Wow! Helen was right! I am very glad you came here... Common sense has been in short supply here for far too long.

Reactions: Waiting on him

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because He’s the author, men can’t even decipher poems written by other men.
Jesus never said HE wrote the bible, Jesus never said He would give us a book, in fact the only book in the NT that Jesus asked to be written down was revelation, so many say things and dont realize it is what they are saying, What did Christ promise us

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
e
so much bible so little of Jesus or the Holy Spirit, thats why there is no life on these forums.

Reactions: NayborBear

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm sorry, I had already stated that we will not be condemned for our works, but we will be judged for them, anyway, I've already posted one of the passages that says this simple thing, so I'll leave it at that.

Much love!
If one is not going to be saved or condemned for ones works than what is the point on being judged for them??

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one is not going to be saved or condemned for ones works than what is the point on being judged for them??
To be sure, I'm not entirely certain what this judgment is going to look like, but here's one place:

1 Corinthians 3
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

We are building each other into God's church, but be careful what you build with! You may receive riches, or you may receive ashes, though still being saved.

Much love!

Reactions: Mike Waters

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so much bible so little of Jesus or the Holy Spirit, thats why there is no life on these forums.
But it's through the Bible that you come to know Jesus. And through the Bible, having known Jesus, you can be assured whether your knowing of Him is accurate or not.

Much love!

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never said HE wrote the bible, Jesus never said He would give us a book, in fact the only book in the NT that Jesus asked to be written down was revelation, so many say things and dont realize it is what they are saying, What did Christ promise us

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
e
Why so much contempt?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, crino is to judge or discern, katacrino is to judge downward, or condemn, and here, what is translated judgment seat is the bema seat.

I think the idea for the justified is that our works will be returned back on our own heads in some fashion, if we've done good we will receive it back, and if we've done bad we'll receive that back. Again, in exactly what fashion, I don't know.

Much love!