The wisdom of words….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:17 (NKJV)
For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scripture puts forth that the wisdom of words is that that has the ability to make the cross of Christ of no effect….

Something that could, or would, or that can have such an ability to make the cross of Christ of no effect, is something that needs to be looked into, understood, and addressed… How and why is it that this wisdom of words has such an ability..? In another place, scripture says, ‘that your faith may be in the power of God and not in the wisdom of men’… Both scriptures pointing to this same truth, contrasting man’s wisdom, the wisdom of words, against the purpose of the cross…

For the purpose of the cross is put forth in scripture as God’s wisdom being manifested, that being, for until the purpose of the cross is seen, understood and embraced, one is susceptible to falling under the wisdom of words…

For faith in God is that that stands against the wisdom of words, for scripture speaks about not leaning on one’s own understanding… It is this leaning, this trusting in man’s, or one’s own ability to figure things out, a not leaning on and trusting in this new life that has been born in one, that is that that is being spoken against…

For this new life that has been brought to birth in each and every believer is that that possesses the wisdom that comes from above.. This, the Divine understanding that comes from God alone, this seeing into the wisdom of the realities of righteousness…. For the seeing into the wisdom of God, is seeing into the wisdom that is in the reality of righteousness…. For to the degree one sees into the wisdom of righteousness, to that degree, has the free gift matured…

For salvation is a free gift, and seeing into this free gift by faith, is that thing that the wisdom of words stands against, for the wisdom of words must elevate itself, it must have the preeminence, and all that would stand against it must be accounted foolishness…

For faith in God bringing to birth the life of Christ in the soul, is the salvation offered in Christ, it is this faith that will overcome the wisdom of words, that being the understanding of the truth pointed to in the above scripture… For the wisdom of words and faith are two distinct things, one of this world, and one of the Other…

In the most Beloved, Not me

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 1:17
New International Version

For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:17
New International Version

For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Be blessed in experiencing the truth put forth…

A fellow follower, Not me

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Be blessed in experiencing the truth put forth…

A fellow follower, Not me
As I read the chapter I believed it to mean that we do not need to be learned or good with words to get across the message of the gospel.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I read the chapter I believed it to mean that we do not need to be learned or good with words to get across the message of the gospel.

I think too that you are listening to the Spirit of Christ in you, teaching you, and growing Himself in you..

Be blessed in the listening, teaching and growing….

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: Pearl

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then what are you going to do with Hosea 4:6? How can you reconcile the two?

To God Be The Glory

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then what are you going to do with Hosea 4:6? How can you reconcile the two?

To God Be The Glory
Sorry I can't see the connection.
So what interpretation do you put on those verses in 1 Corinthians?
Great is his faithfulness.