The Woman Learning in Silence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Often the following is used by those saying women shouldn't teach. Let's look closely at the man and woman under discussion: 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and MEN, the MAN Christ Jesus. 2:8-10 I will therefore that MEN pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. In like manner also, that WOMEN adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh WOMEN professing godliness) with good works.Paul was addressing men and women and then....the subject changes: 2:11 Let the WOMAN learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a WOMAN to teach, nor to usurp authority over the MAN, but to be in silence. Notice the difference Paul made. The discussion was about men and women and then it changed to the woman and the man. I believe "the woman" that is to "learn in silence" and to "not teach or usurp authority" over "the man" is..... Revelation 12:1-2 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a WOMAN clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. 12:5 And she brought forth a MAN child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to His throne.The woman is the church, the body of Christ and that body consists of men and women. The body of Christ brings forth the man child of end times, the elect, and they are to teach the body. They feed her in the wilderness. 1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve; And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression: Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.Again Paul changed. "She shall be saved in childbearing," the "she" being "the woman," the body of Christ, the church. Then, to substantiate this, Paul writes, "if they continue in faith." "They" being many...the body, not one person or one woman. 1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 11:8-9 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. 11:11-12 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.The woman, the church, the body of Christ, is "saved in childbearing" as from her comes the man child, (the elect, the saints). The head of the woman is the man (man child) and the head of the man (man child) is Christ. The woman (church) is to learn in silence and not take authority over the man child for the man child learns from Christ, The Man Child. John 14:26 But the Comforter, Which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
1 Timothy 28 I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; 9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, 10 but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works. 11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.I see the woman here as having no symbolic interpretation. This does not preclude a woman from discussing belief's with a man. The intent of the scripture is to stop a woman having authority over a man. This scripture does not preclude a woman from teaching a boy either. Or from Her giving a testimony or share the gospel to unbelievers. All Praise The Ancient Of DaysAll Praise The Ancient Of Days

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Adstar;73709][B]1 Timothy 2[/B]8 I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere said:
1 Corinthians 14:34-35 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak: but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. Well gosh, if I just saw that I sure wouldn't want to teach. But when we read the very next verse it shows us that Paul was speaking in irony. Paul was correcting the brethren at Corinth who were saying those things for he next said..... 14:36 WHAT? CAME THE WORD OF GOD OUT FROM YOU? OR CAME IT UNTO YOU ONLY?In other words....you men wake up. God doesn't speak just to you. He doesn't expect just you men to teach. He doesn't expect the little woman to just take her husbands word at home. Paul is NOT the misogynist many take him to have been.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
What Paul was is of no consequence. He simply gave instruction to the Body of Christ as He was lead by the Holy Spirit to do. And the instruction was clear even though it does not conform to the political correctness movement of today.1 Corinthians 1434 Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. 35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.36 Or did the word of God come originally from you? Or was it you only that it reached? 37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.I acknowledge that the things, which Paul wrote where, are from the Holy Spirit. And i will allow those who are wilfully ignorant to remain so.All Praise The Ancient Of Days

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Adstar;73764]What Paul was is of no consequence. He simply gave instruction to the Body of Christ as He was lead by the Holy Spirit to do. And the instruction was clear even though it does not conform to the political correctness movement of today. [B]1 Corinthians 14[/B]34 Let your women keep silent in the churches said:
Or did the word of God come originally from you? Or was it you only that it reached[/COLOR]? 37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant. I acknowledge that the things, which Paul wrote where, are from the Holy Spirit. And i will allow those who are wilfully ignorant to remain so. All Praise The Ancient Of Days
I assume from that you believe I am being "wilfully ignorant?" :) Perhaps....but what stands out to me in the above is where Paul, "led by the Holy Spirit" wrote an admonishment to those that believe His Spirit is only for the men of the congregation. :p Political correctness is of no consequence to me but I must disagree where you say Paul only gave instruction to the body as led by the Spirit. Paul was very careful in His writings to designate whether they were from him or from the Spirit. As an example...notice how many times Paul wrote, "I" in various writings, such as.... 1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. Of course, as has been pointed out to those that do not wish to remain wilfully ignorant :D, the "woman" in that verse is the body of Christ and the "man" is Christ in His elect. Then, after his teaching, Paul tells us.... 1 Timothy 4:1-3 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils' Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.There Paul tells us that it is the Holy Spirit speaking! I just realized the deeper truth of those verses....It is so wonderful when the Spirit reveals His Word to us. Those being hypocritical of the true Word "forbid to marry"...meaning, their false doctrine keeps folks from the One True Husband. They "command to abstain from meats God created to be received, " meaning, they won't accept or acknowledge, as well as teaching others to not receive, the deeper truths (meat) of His Word...meats He created to be received! Truths that are written and are to be understood...to be received.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
whirlwind;73780][B]I assume from that you believe I am being "[I]wilfully ignorant[/I]?" :) [/QUOTE]Yes i do. And i believe the supposed "Spiritual???" interpretations you post on this forum are false.I see a lot of people twisting scriptures and using the "this is a Spiritual interpretation" to give their twists the air of authority that they do not have. They read the harder parts of scripture that for them are hard to accept then seek to work a reinterpretation of what is plainly said said:
2 Timothy 4[/B]3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
whirlwind;73780][B]1 Timothy 4:1-3 [COLOR=blue]Now [U]the Spirit speaketh[/U] expressly[/COLOR] said:
meat[/I]) of His Word...meats He created to be received! Truths that are written and are to be understood...to be received.[/B][/COLOR]
What a great spiritual insight to this verse Whirlwind !Paul having taught on three levels at once. Is full of little nuggets not always seen on the surface texts right away ...