The Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then Wisdom dictates, that we should leave it there...I am not interested in being a stumbling block for you in any way...so I shall not respond to these again, as you said it has brought confusion...

Wisdom dictates that you should consider that your position brings confusion which is the same charge you levied against the Bible as being the written Word of God.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Wisdom dictates that you should consider that your position brings confusion which is the same charge you levied against the Bible as being the written Word of God.

Stranger
well fwiw i really am not biased or anything, and i have to witness for her Stranger. And the other oppressed in your large wake

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
temporary home? hmm. I'm still praying "on earth as it is in heaven" myself
where you think you're gonna go?
Into a realm much like here, but minus death, darkness, evil etc.....God is eternal and where He is must also be eternal, and we are told that Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us, to come and be where He is...so yeah, I believe we are going to go to a place, existing on a slightly different frequency or something, an eternal place, not a temporal place like it is here now...But who knows, really? I sure don't for sure..

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Really ? Don't moose see very well ?
um, they see fine, but just like us, tend to focus on what is important to them. Just as we never look up, Meese never perceive any danger coming from things that are not moving, i guess? There are any number of studies done on humans demonstrating the same "blindness" i guess. If she had seen them, she would have attacked, almost surely, with a calf

if something does not fit with your memory banks, you literally will not see it, as strange as that seems at first. This should be searchable, but i'm having probs phrasing it right i guess. Ppl blind from birth who have had their sight restored--as is sometimes possible--still cannot see anything meaningful, have to be trained like a baby, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Into a realm much like here, but minus death, darkness, evil etc.....God is eternal and where He is must also be eternal, and we are told that Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us, to come and be where He is...so yeah, I believe we are going to go to a place, existing on a slightly different frequency or something, an eternal place, not a temporal place like it is here now...But who knows, really? I sure don't for sure..
i reject that mostly bc the rest of the world believes it, but then i guess i am a contrarian anyway, without meaning to be.
that to me is "death, more abundantly."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Again, believing the Bible is the written Word of God does not mean you cannot have fellowship with God.
that is your opinion anyway, but your posts say otherwise wadr
That the Bible is the only written Word of God, yes.
so that makes all of the extra-Biblical references that Christ and others referenced into "not-Scripture" i guess right
shall i quote some of these "it is written" for you?
I believe the Bible is the written Word of God and continue to have fellowship with Him.
then why do you manifest fear and enemies?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
still cannot see anything meaningful, have to be trained like a baby,
Astonishing ! I had no idea of that.....I had wondered why the moose mum didn't have a go at the men, or hightail out of there as fast as her legs could carry her lol....I know absolutely nothing about moose...I have seen a few wonderful nature specials, but rarely about moose....They seem so majestic...

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Astonishing ! I had no idea of that.....I had wondered why the moose mum didn't have a go at the men, or hightail out of there as fast as her legs could carry her lol....I know absolutely nothing about moose...I have seen a few wonderful nature specials, but rarely about moose....They seem so majestic...
yearlings aren't so bad; i've seen them down into Colo. But adults, yikes. Pretty aggressive

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What is ?
believing you are going to some other place after you die, to begin some "life?"
but it is...popular, ok, i understand why you say this. Fwiw i would consider the other passages--by Christ--that contrast the passage you quoted, that are more in line with "I came that you might have life, more abundantly."
the world is not our home, granted, but we are called to leave the world right now. The earth is our home, iow

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
All the time, or just during mating, or when a cow has a bub ?
pretty much all the time, i think, with maybe some rare exceptions; i've heard (from a friend who works in Denali) that elderly moose sometimes chill out some.

this link is prolly a good tutor? note the first vid, that is a juvenile, and down in the comments "overly aggressive female with calf" is even mentioned. The rest of the vids are ppl who raised them from calves, i'm pretty sure
tame moose - YouTube

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
believing you are going to some other place after you die,
Well, I guess way back I had some hope of a better place and as I felt 'myself' come out of my body ( that time I had my first encounter with Jesus) and being aware of 'dying', I felt quite peaceful and the sensation was quite pleasant too....It felt like I was a tiny bit thick liquid, but still cohesive.....Then it suddenly just felt like I was normal again, standing up straight, on 'something'.....I looked around, completely frozen to the spot, there wasn't a single pin prick of light that I could see, anywhere around me and it was completely and totally silent.....I then held up my right arm in front of my eyes and twisted it around, but I couldn't even see that......A lot happened after that, but you see ? this is why I am so convinced that there is a part of us, apart from the flesh and blood, which continues on, after this part exits the body....I obviously can't prove this to anyone, all I hope is that people will reach out for Him and call upon Him for themselves...To find out for themselves....:)

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
this link is prolly a good tutor
There are an amazing array of them....Watched one quickly...whoa, they're big ! That alone would put me on the back foot for sure....Can't wait to watch some more clips, they look wonderful....thank for that :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
this is why I am so convinced that there is a part of us, apart from the flesh and blood, which continues on, after this part exits the body
oh, i def believe that, don't get me wrong. I just don't anticipate any future, so as not to have an expectation or preconceived notion that likely will not come to pass anyway; and almost surely not like the rest of the world believes it will.

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There are an amazing array of them....Watched one quickly...whoa, they're big ! That alone would put me on the back foot for sure....Can't wait to watch some more clips, they look wonderful....thank for that :D
ya, they're huge, adults can get close to 9 ft tall without antlers!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Stranger
imo wisdom dictates that after, what, a million? ppl have said basically the same thing to you, that you might get a clue
no offense meant