The Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just don't anticipate any future
Yep, I do think we must realize that we don't know as much as we think we do hahaha...Long as we hold on tight to Jesus and I'm sure that if there is something we urgently need to know, then He is more than capable of letting us know.....Doesn't it also say in the Bible, just to be ready, anytime ? Because no man will know the day and the hour ? Or something like that ? I guess it's about trust to a great degree..

Reactions: bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ya, they're huge, adults can get close to 9 ft tall without antlers!
Uhhh - haa...Have you seen one up close ? I don't think I'd be too happy unless it was behind a fence hahaha....Must say though, they are magnificent animals...wow

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Doesn't it also say in the Bible, just to be ready, anytime ? Because no man will know the day and the hour ?
yes, It says this also, but imo it should be understood that many people then also believed in heaven as a place, after death.
And so this passage is a way of allowing the blind to read what they like, while also remaining true to the fact that Christ never left, nor forsaked anyone. "I am always with you..."

no man knows the day or the hour that the light might dawn on a person, iow.
find the vv that say "no one knows where they go when they die," or "all go to the same place," or the many other contrasting passages iow. Eventually it begins to make sense (when you stop trying to read logically, imo).

to put it another way, that "place" you went is still right there--right here. Christ plainly identified where the kingdom is--within you, or beside you. Those are the only two choices imo, as far as any "you" is concerned. It is a spiritual place iow, not a literal one. More real than real, in a sense.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Uhhh - haa...Have you seen one up close ? I don't think I'd be too happy unless it was behind a fence hahaha....Must say though, they are magnificent animals...wow
no, i've only seen yearlings in Aspen, driving a bus. And they were like 7 1/2 feet tall (the height of the yearling in the first vid, if he raised his head, i guess?)

Reactions: pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyhow Jesus also said to the ones with Him :" You search the scriptures daily, because in them you think you will find life...But you refuse to come to Me......."
Oh yes and here is exactly how it is written in my Bible:

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life." John 5:39-40

I may have already known the meaning of those words, but your words on this post really struck a note home to me. Thank you.

If you really want to scoff at His reply, I suggest you yourself seek Him, with an open heart and mind, realizing that we don't know nearly as much as we all think we do, and await a reply for yourself...
I think often it is forgotten, that we are supposed to be seeking to KNOW God as we are KNOWN by Him....None of which I could have told anyone apart from what happened to me...You don't have to believe me, you don't even know me....but at least take what He said, and check with Him....Shouldn't Truth revealed be our goal ? That also goes for getting to know Him, not by what someone else thought of Him or experienced with Him, but the Truth of Him revealed to each believer , as they are willing and able to bear it....Not everyone likes the idea of Him being with them at all times :)

He was and is there all of the time. Are even believers too often blind and deaf?
Give God the glory!

kit

Mar 20, 2018
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Bible, both Old and New Testament is the written Word of God. If it is only the word of men, of what value is it? None. (2 Tim. 3:16)

Stranger

In the same sense that I would call us the 'body of Christ' I believe it is the Word of God.

When I said I believe its inspired by the Spirit and the mysteries of Christ, I didnt intend that as a means of reducing its importance or its unique nature.

I dont think Jesus was misquoted or anything like that.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He was and is there all of the time.
Sorry I did misquote that somewhat...I couldn't recall where it was when I was writing the post, but I felt sure it would be known, which one I meant :D.......Yeah, that's just it, whether we can comprehend it or not, He has always been 'there' and will always be 'there', wherever that 'there' ends up being after ? Well that remains to be seen.....Having Him with us at all times, also goes to show us, that He truly did do away with the power, that sin had to separate us from each other before...He overcame it ! Then He gave us, as a gift, the ability to partake in His overcoming and be saved though what He did, NOT what we think we can do...So precious and so foolproof lol

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hoot at that age, curious, goofy,
I find that in almost all young animals...they seem to love to play and goof around, as you put it, and it's just lovely...Our Father gave us such a beautiful gift, in all the animals and all of nature....Pity most just take it all so for granted...:)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I find that in almost all young animals...they seem to love to play and goof around, as you put it, and it's just lovely...Our Father gave us such a beautiful gift, in all the animals and all of nature....Pity most just take it all so for granted...:)
destroy those who destroy the earth is a dangerous concept to ignore imo, ya

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
destroy those who destroy the earth is a dangerous concept to ignore imo, ya
What do you suggest ? Seems we have already been told ahead of time that this wonderful place will be going through some very very bad s***, quite shortly, by the look of things....Can't be helped it seems ? What you think ?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What do you suggest ? Seems we have already been told ahead of time that this wonderful place will be going through some very very bad s***, quite shortly, by the look of things....Can't be helped it seems ? What you think ?
well, i would apply this personally, and at least maybe run from believers telling you that it's ok to trash the planet "bc Jesus is going to make us a new one." this is an actual quote, that i have had posted at me more than once!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I did misquote that somewhat...I couldn't recall where it was when I was writing the post, but I felt sure it would be known, which one I meant :D.......Yeah, that's just it, whether we can comprehend it or not, He has always been 'there' and will always be 'there', wherever that 'there' ends up being after ? Well that remains to be seen.....Having Him with us at all times, also goes to show us, that He truly did do away with the power, that sin had to separate us from each other before...He overcame it ! Then He gave us, as a gift, the ability to partake in His overcoming and be saved though what He did, NOT what we think we can do...So precious and so foolproof lol
Give God all of the glory, Pia! Don't worry too much about precise quotation so long as what you say is what He says. I post a lot of scriptures, but I copy and paste to be certain people understand and to minimize typing errors. While I often know where to find a verse, there are not many I could quote from memory. The important thing is what is written, not in the Book, but in our heart by God. When I can find it He is the One who has shown me where...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i would apply this personally, and at least maybe run from believers telling you that it's ok to trash the planet "bc Jesus is going to make us a new one." this is an actual quote, that i have had posted at me more than once!
Our little lump of flesh may be returning to the dust, but it is still part of what God placed in our care for the time He has given us. Should we starve it and abuse it? What kind of stewards are we?

"... Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." I Cor 6:18-20

Will not God be checking on what kind of job we have been doing? Is that not the judgment that so many keep talking about?

"If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?" Luke 16:11-12

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the same sense that I would call us the 'body of Christ' I believe it is the Word of God.

When I said I believe its inspired by the Spirit and the mysteries of Christ, I didnt intend that as a means of reducing its importance or its unique nature.

I dont think Jesus was misquoted or anything like that.

You're hedging. It is simple enough to say, the Bible is the written Word of God. Simple enough if you believe it.

Stranger

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can find it He is the One who has shown me where.
I thankfully do find that too at times......You are so right..All the glory goes to Him, as not a single one of us, could have done what He did....Thank you for helping me feel better about my lack of knowledge of chapter and verses, you sure put that well, about it being written in our hearts :D