The Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life"
this is the second time in a week i've seen this v misquoted; is there some translation that drops the "You?" ah, the Queen's, i found it
What do you get out of denying the Bible as the Word of God that I don't.
what would you call Word when you hear it, if Scripture is deemed Word?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
look at those who believe the Bible is the written Word of God as rejecting Jesus Christ
Nonsense, and it shows just how little of what I have written about these things, you have actually read.
One example is 'Amadeus' and I, we have come from completely opposite ways to God and yet, we have both received many of the same revelations from the Lord....I have certainly been amazed at his ability to keep going, to keep seeking and to keep asking for understanding, WITHOUT having seen Jesus......Because I myself don't think I could have kept going WITHOUT having experienced that time with Jesus.....I believe I would have folded, but 'Amadeus' hasn't, that is just marvelous......But neither did he just stop at reading the words, and you seem to be saying that is also where you are at....But if that is the case but you already take every single word written in the book as God telling you those things, what do you need Him for ? Wouldn't you want to ask, check and receive understanding beyond our normal human way of understanding? Finding out through the Holy Spirit and a willing heart, the truth of things ? The Bible is also in 'layers', not just in the two dimensional way of a normal book, but we should not approach this book, without Him to guide us through, to rightly divide the word of truth, because it causes nothing but division that way, as we can clearly see, all over the world, and all throughout the various denominations....I cannot fathom how anyone can believe that a book , which has caused so very much confusion, grief,guilt, wars, murder and goodness knows what else, because people read and understand it in all different ways, can be seen as a book authored by God Himself...To me, that is a complete contradiction...But from what He answered me, that it is Words from God to man ( through His prophets and His law).....As well as words from man to God and then words about God from me....Well, I for myself am satisfied at His answer. To me that explains every question I and many others I have met, have about the Bible and Christian religions in general.....It also settled my question of :" I thought the Bible says that God is NOT the author of confusion."
To end this, I once again point to 'Amadeus'...He, together with the Lord, has spent many years finding the wonderful treasures within the Bible, which reveals something of God to us....He and I, through the Lord, has come to the same place in many things, and I think that is just awesome.....never limit the Lord...

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus said 'it is written'. (Matt. 4:4,7,10) And, when He was resurrected He said, (Luke 24:44-46) "And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the Psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the Scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:"

See? Jesus opened their understanding in the 'Scriptures'. Why? Because the Scriptures are the written Word of God. But pia says they are not.
Pia is right, and there is a difference in Word and "words" that one cannot acknowledge as long as they believe themselves to be the arbiter, i guess. Determinism seems to kill hearing. Which i guess only makes sense; the moose has determined that if it doesn't move, it can't hurt him, @ 1:40 or so

Reactions: Helen and pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nonsense, and it shows just how little of what I have written about these things, you have actually read.
fwiw i agree with Stranger there, that Christ has been rejected by these. At least a complete understanding, or more complete understanding of Christ, Word. Pretty much for the reasons you state; S et al are done seeking

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When Scripture says Jesus Christ is the Son of God and faith in Him brings salvation, do you need to take it to Him and ask if that is true?
I did not see scriptures till almost 6 years after He revealed Himself to me, as who He is.......I got to know and recognize His voice and would trust Him over and above any other person or anything else for that matter, as He has shown Himself to be 100% trustworthy and as always telling me the truth ( some things have been revealed over time) for more than 3 decades now.....Why on earth are you so bent out of shape, that I won't give that up and only follow after the Bible ? I love reading and even studying the Bible, but I also love having fellowship with Him, being in His presence...As far as Truth goes ? ....Well, He IS the Truth and He IS the Word, why would I try to make it another way ?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus said 'it is written'. (Matt. 4:4,7,10) And, when He was resurrected He said, (Luke 24:44-46) "And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the Psalms, concerning me.
why then wouldn't He have just said "written in the Word" do you think?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One example is 'Amadeus' and I, we have come from completely opposite ways to God and yet, we have both received many of the same revelations from the Lord....I have certainly been amazed at his ability to keep going, to keep seeking and to keep asking for understanding, WITHOUT having seen Jesus......Because I myself don't think I could have kept going WITHOUT having experienced that time with Jesus.....I believe I would have folded, but 'Amadeus' hasn't, that is just marvelous......But neither did he just stop at reading the words, and you seem to be saying that is also where you are at....But if that is the case but you already take every single word written in the book as God telling you those things, what do you need Him for ? Wouldn't you want to ask, check and receive understanding beyond our normal human way of understanding? Finding out through the Holy Spirit and a willing heart, the truth of things ? The Bible is also in 'layers', not just in the two dimensional way of a normal book, but we should not approach this book, without Him to guide us through, to rightly divide the word of truth, because it causes nothing but division that way, as we can clearly see, all over the world, and all throughout the various denominations....I cannot fathom how anyone can believe that a book , which has caused so very much confusion, grief,guilt, wars, murder and goodness knows what else, because people read and understand it in all different ways, can be seen as a book authored by God Himself...To me, that is a complete contradiction...But from what He answered me, that it is Words from God to man ( through His prophets and His law).....As well as words from man to God and then words about God from me....Well, I for myself am satisfied at His answer. To me that explains every question I and many others I have met, have about the Bible and Christian religions in general.....It also settled my question of :" I thought the Bible says that God is NOT the author of confusion."
To end this, I once again point to 'Amadeus'...He, together with the Lord, has spent many years finding the wonderful treasures within the Bible, which reveals something of God to us....He and I, through the Lord, has come to the same place in many things, and I think that is just awesome.....never limit the Lord...

You and others are the ones using this verse. If you use it, then that is what you are saying because that is what this verse, (John 5:39) is saying. If that is not what you are saying, then quit using the verse.

Nothing I have said indicates in any way that you as a believer cannot have a spiritual experience with God and Christ. Nothing.

Nothing I have said indicates in any way that God cannot reveal something to the believer that particularly addresses that believers situation. Nothing.

Nothing I have said indicates in anyway that you cannot take verses before God to seek understanding of them. Nothing.

In all these things I just mentioned, you perceive me saying that when I say the Bible is the written Word of God.

As for the Bible causing wars, confusion, denominations, etc., what do you expect when an eternal infinite God puts in writing a Book that is given to finite man. One should not expect anything less. If a man had wrote it, it would sound like something you and others would write.

And, God tells me the Bible is the written Word of God. Now there is confusion between me and you. Your answer is no answer at all.

Stranger

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@bbyrd009 Wow, that one with the Moose and her baby was amazing and so intense...At first I'm like 'praying', "oh please don't shoot", hadn't seen the baby yet haha...Then when she came right up, sniffed at the arrow and the bow, then the arrow again..... the look on her face, and how it seemed she was really looking at them ( hunter and photographer)? That astonished me...It was as if she understood, and then couldn't get our of there fast enough.....Amazing...Thank you so much for that...I adore this gorgeous earth our Father gave us as a temporary home

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@bbyrd009 Wow, that one with the Moose and her baby was amazing and so intense...At first I'm like 'praying', "oh please don't shoot", hadn't seen the baby yet haha...Then when she came right up, sniffed at the arrow and the bow, then the arrow again..... the look on her face, and how it seemed she was really looking at them ( hunter and photographer)? That astonished me...It was as if she understood, and then couldn't get our of there fast enough.....Amazing...Thank you so much for that...I adore this gorgeous earth our Father gave us as a temporary home
well, that may have been the case, but more likely she never saw them, bc they didn't move? At least this is the info i get from a reliable source

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not see scriptures till almost 6 years after He revealed Himself to me, as who He is.......I got to know and recognize His voice and would trust Him over and above any other person or anything else for that matter, as He has shown Himself to be 100% trustworthy and as always telling me the truth ( some things have been revealed over time) for more than 3 decades now.....Why on earth are you so bent out of shape, that I won't give that up and only follow after the Bible ? I love reading and even studying the Bible, but I also love having fellowship with Him, being in His presence...As far as Truth goes ? ....Well, He IS the Truth and He IS the Word, why would I try to make it another way ?

You continue in your assumptions or deliberately misrepresenting me. Where have I said you are to only follow the Bible? Just because one believes the Bible is the written Word of God in no way indicates they neglect God or Christ. That the Bible is the only written Word of God, yes.

Again, believing the Bible is the written Word of God does not mean you cannot have fellowship with God. I believe the Bible is the written Word of God and continue to have fellowship with Him. So, what is the benefit of denying the Bible as the Word of God?

Yes, Jesus is the Truth, the Way and the Life. And the Bible is the written Word of God.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
18The nations were angry, but Your wrath has come. The time has come for the dead to be judged and to give the reward to Your servants the prophets, to the saints, and to those who fear Your name, both small and great, and the time has come to destroy those who destroy the earth.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
fwiw i agree with Stranger there, that Christ has been rejected by these. At least a complete understanding, or more complete understanding of Christ, Word. Pretty much for the reasons you state; S et al are done seeking
I truly believe it is our hearts toward Him, toward Love that allows us the connection with Him, with or without the Bible...He is not limited by the Bible, that is all I have tried to say, because I hadn't read one prior to meeting Him and I didn't have any problem understanding who He was /is, as obviously He was revealing that to me....I don't think people who are staying 'safe', by ONLY living according to what they read in the Bible, are somehow excluded from Him, but I do believe that they are not receiving His best....In the Bible Jesus is after all quoted as telling people :" My sheep hears My voice and a stranger they will not follow.", so no one should be concerned about me or anyone like me, who do follow after Him or His voice, because we also trust Him, that we won't be led astray by a stranger.. And He hasn't let me down once, in over 3 decades now, so to me, that really stands for something....He truly is faithful...without fault....

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now there is confusion between me and you. Your answer is no answer at all.
Then Wisdom dictates, that we should leave it there...I am not interested in being a stumbling block for you in any way...so I shall not respond to these again, as you said it has brought confusion...

Reactions: bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hahaha, I couldn't tell you how He traveled...He came into a closed room, not through window nor door, but a massive bright bright light upon an already white wall, He came toward me and then...well then He was just right there in front of me....go figure ???