The Wrath of the Lamb

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the wrath of the Lamb happening now? Many people are confused about the return of our Lord and his wrath to come. Some want to say the Lord’s wrath has already begun. Their reasoning comes humanity reasoning. They won’t take time to read scripture asking the Lord for understanding. When they have questions they ask those around them.

According to scriptures when Christ appears in the air all men will witness this event. When they see our Lord in the air they will be struck with such great fear because the time of his our Lord’s Wrath is come.

Revelation 6:12

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from

the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

So when this event takes place the whole world will know. You will not have to question it.

Read and ask the Lord for understanding.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is the wrath of the Lamb happening now? Many people are confused about the return of our Lord and his wrath to come. Some want to say the Lord’s wrath has already begun. Their reasoning comes humanity reasoning. They won’t take time to read scripture asking the Lord for understanding. When they have questions they ask those around them.

According to scriptures when Christ appears in the air all men will witness this event. When they see our Lord in the air they will be struck with such great fear because the time of his our Lord’s Wrath is come.

Revelation 6:12

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from

the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

So when this event takes place the whole world will know. You will not have to question it.

Read and ask the Lord for understanding.
Do lambs have wrath?....hmmm, that's a strange coupling don't you think?....Oh, you mean the people are saying the lamb has wrath. They must have a very distorted image of a lamb because I've never seen a lamb with wrath and besides, people say all sorts of disconnected stuff....or is it that they are so out of sync with the lamb they see him as wrathful? The question is, is he wrathful? Seems to me he's on a rescue mission to pick up his friends because those who see the lamb as wrathful want to kill them.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do lambs have wrath?....hmmm, that's a strange coupling don't you think?....Oh, you mean the people are saying the lamb has wrath. They must have a very distorted image of a lamb because I've never seen a lamb with wrath and besides, people say all sorts of disconnected stuff....or is it that they are so out of sync with the lamb they see him as wrathful? The question is, is he wrathful? Seems to me he's on a rescue mission to pick up his friends because those who see the lamb as wrathful want to kill them.
This particular Lamb has been slain so that His Blood can redeem us, but if His redemption is rejected it is His wrath that is unleashed in righteous power to destroy the works of the Devil.

1Jn 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Joh 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Rev 6:15-17
And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, (16) and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! (17) For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"

Rev 17:14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful."

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This particular Lamb has been slain so that His Blood can redeem us, but if His redemption is rejected it is His wrath that is unleashed in righteous power to destroy the works of the Devil.

1Jn 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Joh 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Rev 6:15-17
And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, (16) and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! (17) For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"

Rev 17:14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful."
read the texts with healthy eyes. Who is it that makes war? who is it that says the lamb is wrathful? How does the lamb overcome the war mongers? How did the son of God destroy the works of the devil?....read it again.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quietthinker why do you take away or change the meaning of the wrath of the Lamb in Revelation? It’s plain as the nose on your face. You twist words to fit your narrative.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Quietthinker why do you take away or change the meaning of the wrath of the Lamb in Revelation? It’s plain as the nose on your face. You twist words to fit your narrative.
Not at all Daniel. You have assumed the lamb is wrathful because those hating him have called him wrathful.....read it again. Any wrath is in their own minds, not in the lamb. The lamb is not calling for the rocks and mountains to fall on them...they are doing it themselves. This is a scene of mass suicide.

For goodness sake, get the picture, it's a lamb not a dragon.
The lamb (holy, harmless and undefiled) gave his life because he loved. Has he now changed his mind and is full of wrath?
Surely God does not have schizophrenia?

Last edited:

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well quietthinker it appears if you and I live to see this event in Revelation we will see whether or not the trumpets are the wrath of the Lamb the people are saying hide us from.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
read the texts with healthy eyes. Who is it that makes war? who is it that says the lamb is wrathful? How does the lamb overcome the war mongers? How did the son of God destroy the works of the devil?....read it again.
These are the Seven Acclamations given to the Lamb with Seven Horns & Seven Eyes
1. Power
2. Riches
3. Wisdom
4. Strength
5. Honour
6. Glory
7. Blessing
These are the Seven Seals only the Lamb with Seven Horns & Seven Eyes can open
1. Conquest
2. Conflict
3. Commodities
4. Carnage
5. Complaint
6. Catastrophe
7. Clarion

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well quietthinker it appears if you and I live to see this event in Revelation we will see whether or not the trumpets are the wrath of the Lamb the people are saying hide us from.
Our vision of God Daniel, directly affects how we see/understand God, impacting our internal security.

Allow me to use an illustration regarding responsibility:- soooo, little Johnny throws his ball and it smashes the neighbours window.....who is responsible for footing the repair bill? Is it Johnny? well, he's six years old and hasn't got a razoo to his name......his parents do. Why is that? .....because Johnny is their son. Sooooo, his parents make good on the repair bill even though they didn't personally smash the window.....and so it is with God and humanity. We 'smashed' the window so to speak but God pays the bill. He is seen as responsible even though in fact he did not break the window.
After the window is repaired (the Jesus event) does God go and smash the window again because he is mad for having paid the bill and it is not appreciated?
Does he cause death and destruction.....is he the cause of death and destruction?

I understand I can't make this illustration walk on all fours but I think you understand what I am trying to illustrate.

I'm reminded of these words of Jesus, 'the thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full'. John 10:10
...and check Hebrews 2:14 which tells us that it is Satan who has the power of death. God is the giver of life not the destroyer of it.

Rethinking our assumptions and the texts used to underpin them by applying the principles of the heart of God is well overdue.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You have assumed the lamb is wrathful because those hating him have called him wrathful.....read it again. Any wrath is in their own minds, not in the lamb. The lamb is not calling for the rocks and mountains to fall on them...they are doing it themselves.
Well, these fearful people who want mountains and rocks to hide them from the following catastrophic events which they attribute to the Lamb's Wrath means that when the sixth seal is opened they correctly identify them as Divine Retribution upon the Unredeemed, which is the context of the narrative:
  • great earthquake
  • sun black as sackcloth of hair
  • moon like blood
  • disintegrating stars falling to earth
  • sky receding like a scroll
  • every mountain and island moving out of its place
Notice the similarity of phrasing in these three references.

Hos 10:7-8 As for Samaria, her king is cut off Like a twig on the water. (8) Also the high places of Aven, the sin of Israel, Shall be destroyed. The thorn and thistle shall grow on their altars; They shall say to the mountains, "Cover us!" And to the hills, "Fall on us!"

Luk 23:28-31 But Jesus, turning to them, said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. (29) For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, wombs that never bore, and breasts which never nursed!' (30) Then they will begin 'TO SAY TO THE MOUNTAINS, "FALL ON US!" AND TO THE HILLS, "COVER US!" ' (31) For if they do these things in the green wood, what will be done in the dry?"

Rev 6:15-17 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, (16) and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! (17) For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"

WARNING TO THE UNREDEEMED: DANGEROUS SEVEN-HORNED LAMB WITH SEVEN EYES WATCHING YOU.

Rev 14:9-10 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, (10) he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, these fearful people who want mountains and rocks to hide them from the following catastrophic events which they attribute to the Lamb's Wrath means that when the sixth seal is opened they correctly identify them as Divine Retribution upon the Unredeemed, which is the context of the narrative:
  • great earthquake
  • sun black as sackcloth of hair
  • moon like blood
  • disintegrating stars falling to earth
  • sky receding like a scroll
  • every mountain and island moving out of its place
Notice the similarity of phrasing in these three references.

Hos 10:7-8 As for Samaria, her king is cut off Like a twig on the water. (8) Also the high places of Aven, the sin of Israel, Shall be destroyed. The thorn and thistle shall grow on their altars; They shall say to the mountains, "Cover us!" And to the hills, "Fall on us!"

Luk 23:28-31 But Jesus, turning to them, said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. (29) For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, wombs that never bore, and breasts which never nursed!' (30) Then they will begin 'TO SAY TO THE MOUNTAINS, "FALL ON US!" AND TO THE HILLS, "COVER US!" ' (31) For if they do these things in the green wood, what will be done in the dry?"

Rev 6:15-17 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, (16) and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! (17) For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"

WARNING TO THE UNREDEEMED: DANGEROUS SEVEN-HORNED LAMB WITH SEVEN EYES WATCHING YOU.

Rev 14:9-10 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, (10) he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
You work from the assumption that God is causing calamities. I don't. I have full confidence that God wants to save people from calamities however, he also knows what their choices will be. Many walk the wide road with willing enthusiasm. That must be unbelievably painful for God who gave his life to save them.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You work from the assumption that God is causing calamities.
There is no need to make assumptions about God's Wrath when Scripture plainly reveals the truth of it, as follows:

Rev 2:18-23 "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: (19) "I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. (20) Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. (21) And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. (22) Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. (23) I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no need to make assumptions about God's Wrath when Scripture plainly reveals the truth of it, as follows:

Rev 2:18-23 "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: (19) "I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. (20) Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. (21) And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. (22) Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. (23) I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.
well, looking at like you do, do you think your works are up to scratch? :)

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
well, looking at like you do, do you think your works are up to scratch? :)
Good question, and one I pray about most days. This is my outline based on where I am currently in my Christian walk. We do get disciplined in love which you are sure to be aware of.

MY POSSESSIONS
  • Salvation
  • Reconciliation
  • Sanctification
  • Hope
MY THANKSGIVING
  • For God the Father's Love
  • For God the Son's Obedience
  • For God the Holy Spirit's Comfort
MY WORSHIP
  • Fellowship
  • Stewardship
  • Discipleship
  • Leadership
  • Intercession
  • Evangelism
  • Rest

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what do you think this means Curtis?

Crush grapes and wine comes out. Those destroyed by Jesus are metaphorically grapes in the wine press of the wrath of God, and blood flows instead of wine:

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
and will your flesh be eaten?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Crush grapes and wine comes out. Those destroyed by Jesus are metaphorically grapes in the wine press of the wrath of God, and blood flows instead of wine:

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

see, as I understand what is happening in your thinking is that you assume that your sense or understanding of justice is God's sense and understanding of justice....which comes down to revenge, you know, pay back.....and you read these texts through that lens.

My understanding of justice however is informed by the attitude and behaviour of Jesus. It is through this lens that I interpret these texts.
Justice as I understand God's view of it is liberation from oppression for all people even those deliberately and enthusiastically killing Jesus.
Don't you say it was for your sins Jesus died?....in that case the revenge you hope will be exercised on the wicked is an oppression Jesus died to liberate you from. Why is that you may ask? Because ill will towards another ensures you stay in bondage.

If God is love and one of the definitions of love in 1 Corinthians 13 is 'love holds no record of wrongs' How is that reconciled with God squeezing the blood out of the wicked?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good question, and one I pray about most days. This is my outline based on where I am currently in my Christian walk. We do get disciplined in love which you are sure to be aware of.

MY POSSESSIONS
  • Salvation
  • Reconciliation
  • Sanctification
  • Hope
MY THANKSGIVING
  • For God the Father's Love
  • For God the Son's Obedience
  • For God the Holy Spirit's Comfort
MY WORSHIP
  • Fellowship
  • Stewardship
  • Discipleship
  • Leadership
  • Intercession
  • Evangelism
  • Rest
Do you recall the story Jesus told about the Pharisee and the Publican both going to the temple to pray? Luke 18:9-14
Looking at your list above, which of those two characters would you say identifies with your list?