The Wrath of the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
DPMartin said:
Sorry keras unless I miss understand what you are saying here, you must know that the first month of the Hebrew year is Nisan,
Correct, it is the modern Jews that make the old seventh month into their New Year.
This doesn't change the dates of the Mo'ed's [feasts] and Yom Teruah will fall on September 13/14.
I believe that day is the Lord's Appointed Day, Habakkuk 2:3 and one time, could be soon, it will be fulfilled.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
On the day of November 19 2017 will the Lord say, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years or at that time say the end has come and destroy the Earth with a fire from the stars. Moreover know that again a sign in heaven, Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down and then fight for us and give us 15 more years.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Barrd said:
I'm just wondering...
Why do you guys think that the Second Coming must be according to a set schedule?
It's God's plan, not ours.
Unfortunately for most, understanding this plan is very difficult because they have chosen to believe false theories and fanciful notions. God will place a spirit of mis-understanding onto all who believe wrong teachings. Isaiah 29:9-12, Matthew 11:25

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you chosen to believe your own theory and fanciful notions? I think you have.

If anyone is banking on your understanding to understand, I pity them because they will be confounded and confused.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
keras said:
It's God's plan, not ours.
Unfortunately for most, understanding this plan is very difficult because they have chosen to believe false theories and fanciful notions. God will place a spirit of mis-understanding onto all who believe wrong teachings. Isaiah 29:9-12, Matthew 11:25
The only "fanciful notion" that I have is that Jesus will keep His promise...He will be back for us and He will take us to the place He has prepared for us.
He'll be here right on time....

Now, I don't know when the day or the hour might be, and I don't think anyone else does, either. Jesus was pretty sure that no man knew this, not even the angels in heaven, but only God, Himself.

Isn't it enough for me to put my confidence in His promise, without having to know all the details?

Just sayin'....

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly Barrd.

Jesus comes on the Day of the Lord as evidenced by sun/moon/star event foretold by Him in the Olivet Discourse, i.e., Mt 24:29.
According to Joel 2:31, that specific and unique event happens before the Day of the Lord.
Likewise, being entirely consistent with His prophecy to Joel, Jesus describes what happens after that in Mt 24:30 and 31 - He Comes, and we are gathered up!

But this day happens not on some specific day we can count on a calendar.
Nor is it ten days before the Atonement.

The Day of the Lord happens at some point after the midpoint abomination of Daniel 9:27 as referenced by Mt 24:15.
And it happens after the abruptly cut-off time of Great Tribulation which will decimate the Elect - US!

And after we are rescued comes God's Wrath as shown 1-2 in Revelation's Rescue verse 14:16 which is followed by a Wrath verse - 14:17.
This begins the seven Trumpets as the first supplies the Blood and Fire found on the Day of the Lord.
And God's Wrath takes time! The First Woe alone takes five months!

So this ten days nonsense is just that...
The Festivals are a template for the end though, don't doubt that! It's just not possible for prophecy to be fulfilled within a literal span of days between them - but the events they describe will occur in that order.

1. The Unknown Day of Rosh ha Shannah - the Returning Anew!
2. The Days of Awe: God's Wrath.
3. The Day of Atonement - or as one Jewish author described it: the At One Moment when the Jews accept Jesus
4. The Sukkot encampment at Mount Zion described in Isaiah as the Remnant and Survivors trudge to a place of safety to await the Millennium.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Marcus O'Reillius said:
Have you chosen to believe your own theory and fanciful notions? I think you have.
What I believe, Marcus, is what the prophets wrote.
There is no need for me to actually post anything except scripture quotes, but as you all have your own Bibles, what I do is point out how those prophesies relate with other verses, plus using modern knowledge and logic to help explain what will happen.

Any change to the timing of the Feast Days, is a construct made to fit a false theory. Note that the Day of Trumpets is fixed by the sighting of the new moon - next is due on the 13/14th September. 5/6 days away! Could be very interesting.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing will happen vis-a-vis the Day of the Lord.

Calls like yours with your fanciful notions have been made before and dismissed. I liked the book: "88 reasons Jesus will arrive in 1988" followed by "89 Reasons Jesus will come in 1989". Both failed miserably to set a date as will yours, and we won't have long to know how silly your notion is.

Now the Prophets do NOT say the time between the Day of the Lord and the Atonement of Zechariah 12:10 is only 10 days: you do.

We ALL read the Bible, and that is the source for everyone's notions which are so different as to be unrecognizable. That you believe what the prophets wrote is just wonderful - however - it passes through your human brain which is entirely suspect in regards to its thinking. So you believe... great. Words of wisdom: don't believe everything you think. We tend to tell ourselves we THINK we know the Truth. That's hardly the case most of the time.

Now the order of the Feasts can be found in the Bible as evidenced by the sequence of their telling - but to make the end-times fit within a literal calendar timetable of celebrated Feast Days is refuted by other verses in the Bible.

So who has the false theory? We'll know in less than a week and your credibility with those who follow you will revert back to its proper level with other crackpot spouts.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Well, I'm no scholar, nor do I pretend to be.
I'm just a hack from Alabama.
But I love the Lord, and I do look forward to the Day of His Returning. I am eagerly looking forward to seeing Him.

Oh, I know I'm supposed to be cringing in terror...but I'm not. I'm eagerly waiting to be taken home.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Marcus, your name calling and nasty aspersions reflect upon your own character. No need for me to reply in like manner, that would take me down to your level; all can see your unpleasant style.

Re what may happen next week. The Bible is clear, the Lord will take action on His Appointed Day. Hab. 2:3
I point out to those who still have an open mind, that there will be such a Day next Monday. If it passes without anything dramatic happening, I will be quite happy.

I see Zechariah 12:10, as happening at the Return in glory, which won't happen for years after His Day of wrath.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Keras, it's pure poppycock like the rest of the snake oil you're peddling.

The only thing wrong with eschatology is that it is inhabited by so many kooks that I have to preface any reference I make to my interest in it that I'm nothing like you.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with one-verse Charilies who want to peg the Day of the Lord on one thing is that they ignore other aspects of Bible prophecy.

Just taking the Olivet Discourse of Mt 24:15-31 first - because this is such an important passage with several distinct, specific, and unique events which Jesus details happening in a certain order -

- we know the Day of the Lord's precursor sign in the heavens with the moon not giving its (normal) light - being reddened like blood (a figurative analogy) -

- cannot happen until the Great Tribulation is (abruptly) shortened - and that -

- cannot happen until the (midpoint) abomination is set up in the Holy Place (inside the Temple) -

- and that cannot happen until two things:
1. the one 'seven' starts with a covenant with many
2. the Temple is built!

So a basic knowledge and sober study of Scripture will allow the student of eschatology to know that any "bloodmoon" cry of hysteria is made by someone who knows nothing and should never open their mouth so as to "teach" others.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
keras said:
Marcus, your name calling and nasty aspersions reflect upon your own character. No need for me to reply in like manner, that would take me down to your level; all can see your unpleasant style.

Re what may happen next week. The Bible is clear, the Lord will take action on His Appointed Day. Hab. 2:3
I point out to those who still have an open mind, that there will be such a Day next Monday. If it passes without anything dramatic happening, I will be quite happy.

I see Zechariah 12:10, as happening at the Return in glory, which won't happen for years after His Day of wrath.

Marcus O'Reillius said:
Hey Keras, it's pure poppycock like the rest of the snake oil you're peddling.

The only thing wrong with eschatology is that it is inhabited by so many kooks that I have to preface any reference I make to my interest in it that I'm nothing like you.
Boys, boys!
Do either of you want Him to come back to find you fighting like this over the internet?

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks Barrd.
My wish is for reasoned discussion, but that isn't possible with those who have fixed notions about how things will happen.

Marcus believes there is only one Day of the Lord. He is wrong, because there is the Day of the Lord's wrath; that is the Sixth seal, then 10 chapters later there is the Great Day of God Almighty at Armageddon and the Return.
I often encounter people like him, I see their virulent objections to the truth of prophecy as a reaction of fear to what will happen. His cozy lifestyle and many possessions will be gone. On that Day our only hope for survival will be an unshakeable trust in the Lord. Psalm 94:22-23, Isaiah 30:15 We must not trust in our own strength. Joshua 1:9

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
Thanks Barrd.
My wish is for reasoned discussion, but that isn't possible with those who have fixed notions about how things will happen.

Marcus believes there is only one Day of the Lord. He is wrong, because there is the Day of the Lord's wrath; that is the Sixth seal, then 10 chapters later there is the Great Day of God Almighty at Armageddon and the Return.
I often encounter people like him, I see their virulent objections to the truth of prophecy as a reaction of fear to what will happen. His cozy lifestyle and many possessions will be gone. On that Day our only hope for survival will be an unshakeable trust in the Lord. Psalm 94:22-23, Isaiah 30:15 We must not trust in our own strength. Joshua 1:9
Yours position is not reasoned just because you think it so. And if anyone has fixed notions... well pot: meet kettle.

I believe "there is only one Day of the Lord?" Tell me smart guy: Where does the Bible point to multiple Days of the Lord? Give us the verse! Where does the Bible ever say that Jesus fights on the plains on Ephraim, by Har Meggido, on the Day of the Lord? Spit out the chapter and verse or go home.

If you're actually a decent scholar, you might be able to name the two battles that ARE said to be fought on the Day of the Lord and neither one of them are near there.

The Day of the Lord IS a specific and unique Day in all of prophecy. It is SO important, that it is written about many times and in many ways.

It encompasses not only our Rapture, but His Wrath, and because of the signs given in prophecy, we know the Day of the Lord is coincident with the sixth Seal, and I'll go further and say it also encompasses the first Trumpet too. But then it's over. And then all Hell breaks loose, but after a considerable amount of time, because the earth will be reeling like a drunkard for quite some time...

"10 chapters later..." rubbish. The Day of the Lord is not ten chapters long.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
keras said:
Thanks Barrd.

I have major sympathy for anyone who is afraid of Christ's second coming.
I don't pretend to know when it will be, or how it will happen, or how long it will take....I'm content to leave such details to God, Who is much wiser than I am, and knows just how to conduct this great event.

I do know, though, that these kinds of arguments are not looked on fondly by the Great I Am.
I seem to recall something about "foolish questions, and contentions".....I believe the Lord calls such quarreling "vain".

Now, your ideas are interesting, if a tad confusing...but I wouldn't go so far as to say that you know what even the Lord Himself did not know.
I mean....yes, you could be right....
But...you could be wrong, too.
And wiping egg from the face can be quite embarrassing....

I offer this in love, my friend...I am eagerly awaiting His coming.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those that believe, the Second Coming is a sweet event - if you're lucky enough to be alive when it comes... most of us won't make it.

But here's the good news! You don't have to "make it" to the end to make it into Heaven! Just keep the faith, remain steadfast, and endure patiently.

To those who don't believe, Jesus' Second Coming will be shock, but for most of them, it will not be the end of them either... oh no. God's Wrath takes time and it is a dish meant to have them suffer who made us suffer so. Our Lord will avenge us; He will fight for us. We are but children in all this, and best kept that way.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Marcus O'Reillius said:
The problem with one-verse Charilies who want to peg the Day of the Lord on one thing is that they ignore other aspects of Bible prophecy.

Just taking the Olivet Discourse of Mt 24:15-31 first - because this is such an important passage with several distinct, specific, and unique events which Jesus details happening in a certain order -

- we know the Day of the Lord's precursor sign in the heavens with the moon not giving its (normal) light - being reddened like blood (a figurative analogy) -

- cannot happen until the Great Tribulation is (abruptly) shortened - and that -

- cannot happen until the (midpoint) abomination is set up in the Holy Place (inside the Temple) -

- and that cannot happen until two things:
1. the one 'seven' starts with a covenant with many
2. the Temple is built!

So a basic knowledge and sober study of Scripture will allow the student of eschatology to know that any "bloodmoon" cry of hysteria is made by someone who knows nothing and should never open their mouth so as to "teach" others.
Trying to piece these little clues together can be entertaining....but God has chosen not to reveal the exact time and method of His return to us.
He will be here when He gets here....and He will be right on time.
Too many have tried to predict the day and the hour....and even the events leading up to this great event.
So far, no one has been successful.

One thing I am sure of....acting like a couple of schoolboys on the internet is not going to either hurry Him up, nor slow Him down.
But I'm pretty sure it will draw His attention...and not in a pleasant way.

Can't you please remember to treat other people as you wish to be treated? Yes, even people you don't like....maybe especially people you don't like, even!
Remember, the Lord died for you...and you were a sinner.
Now He commands all of His disciples to love one another, as He loves them.

And that, my friend, is no poppycock....