The Wrath of the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Christians are suffering, even as we sit here calmly discussing...thrown into prisons...not like US prisons, little 'home away from home' type prisons...but real prisons...they are being tortured, and even killed for their faith.
Persecution is not God's wrath. Two different things Barrd.

John 3:36 NIV "Whoever puts his faith in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see that life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
Persecution is not God's wrath. Two different things Barrd.

John 3:36 NIV "Whoever puts his faith in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see that life, for God's wrath remains on him."
That's so easy to say, when one lives in a place where the worst persecution he's likely to face for his faith in Christ is to be insulted on the internet...
Being beheaded is a much deeper issue.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
That's so easy to say, when one lives in a place where the worst persecution he's likely to face for his faith in Christ is to be insulted on the internet...
Being beheaded is a much deeper issue.
No Barrd. It's biblical, tribulation and the great tribulation are two different events. Tribulation is birth pains for the last 2,000 years, the great tribulation is God's wrath.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
No Barrd. It's biblical, tribulation and the great tribulation are two different events. Tribulation is birth pains for the last 2,000 years, the great tribulation is God's wrath.
Not arguing the point.
However, neither of us must live in fear that we or our loved ones are going to be hauled off to prison, or worse, beheaded for our faith...
And yes...I expect it to get worse before it gets better.
The Western world is leaving God behind...places that were once bastions of Christian faith hardly see Christians at all any more. Even here, in the U.S. it is happening. The little church in upstate New York that I grew up in was once full to capacity every Sunday morning. Today, half the church stands empty.
It's beginning, I do believe....
I pray that I will not live to see it. But I fear that my kids or my grandkids will...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Not arguing the point.
However, neither of us must live in fear that we or our loved ones are going to be hauled off to prison, or worse, beheaded for our faith...
And yes...I expect it to get worse before it gets better.
The Western world is leaving God behind...places that were once bastions of Christian faith hardly see Christians at all any more. Even here, in the U.S. it is happening. The little church in upstate New York that I grew up in was once full to capacity every Sunday morning. Today, half the church stands empty.
It's beginning, I do believe....
I pray that I will not live to see it. But I fear that my kids or my grandkids will...
Yes, the U.S. is very spoiled. But judgment is coming to America, no doubt Isa 9:10.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thank you, The Barrd, you are correct, it is the Lord's protection that we must cry out for on His terrible Day of wrath. Acts 2:21
Protection for His people:
Psalm 50:3-6 & 15 Our God is coming and will not keep silent, consuming fire runs ahead of Him and around Him a great storm rages. He summons the heaven and earth to the judging of His people. Look to Me, My loyal servants, those who by sacrifice have made a Covenant with Me. If you all upon Me, I will deliver you and you will glorify Me.
Zephaniah 2:3 Seek the Lord, all you who obey Him, it may be that you will be sheltered on the Day of the Lord’s anger.
Proverbs 3:25 Do not be afraid when fools are frightened or when destruction overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side on that Day.
Isaiah 43:2 You will walk through fire and not be scorched, through flames, they will not burn you Daniel 3:25, Jeremiah 30:4-11
1 Corinthians 10:13.... God will not test you beyond your powers and when the test comes, He will provide a way out to enable you to endure.
Psalm 9:10 The Lord does not abandon those who seek Him and trust in Him.
2 Peter 2:9 God knows how to rescue the godly from their trials.
Psalm 18:3 I shall call upon the Lord, then I will be made safe.
Psalm 24:1-6…Though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death,….You are with me….
Psalm 31:23-24 The Lord protects the faithful. Be strong, all you whose hope is in the Lord.
Psalm 64:10 The righteous rejoice, their refuge in the Lord.
Zechariah 9:15-16 The Lord of hosts will protect His people...On that Day, He will save them, like a flock, for they are precious to Him. Isaiah 61:10
Psalm 37:18-19 The Lord watches over the righteous, when times are bad, they will not be distressed.
Job 22:30 He will deliver the innocent, because their hands are pure.
Psalm 91:1-16 ...He will rescue you, you will not fear the terrors abroad.
Psalm 121:1-8 Our help comes from the Lord, He will guard your life.
Psalm 109:31 The Lord stands at the right hand of the poor and saves them from trials.
Isaiah 51:16 I keep you covered under the shelter of My hand.
Psalm 97:10-12 He keeps His loyal servants safe and rescues them from the wicked.
Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is anyone who trusts in the Lord, they will be like trees by a stream, when the heat comes it has nothing to fear.
Nahum 1:7 The Lord is a sure protection in times of trouble and cares for all those who make Him their refuge.
Psalm 60:4-5 To those who fear the Lord, He will show the way to escape from trouble.
Psalm 37:9 For evildoers will be destroyed, those who trust in the Lord will prosper in the Land.
Isaiah 26:20 On that Day, I will come to your aid.
Daniel 12:1 There will be a time of anguish, but at that time, Your people will be delivered, all those whose names are written in the Book of Life.
2 Thessalonians 1:7 ...to give you relief when the Lord Jesus comes in blazing fire.
Joel 3:16 The Lord roars from Zion, the heavens and the earth shudder, but He is a refuge for His people and a defence for Israel.
Isaiah 65:9b My chosen ones will take possession of the land, those who serve Me will live there.
Ecclesiasticus 34:13-17 Those who fear the Lord will live, for their trust in Him can keep them safe. The Lord keeps watch over those who love Him, He is their shield and support, a shelter from the scorching wind and the heat of the sun. He raises their spirits and gives healing, life and blessings.
Reference: Revised English Bible.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
But the Feast of Trumpets isn't the Day of Atonement. Two different time frames there.
I should have mentioned that I was responding to the OP, but there is no "Feast of Trumpets" that I can find mentioned in the bible (KJV) and day of atonement has been fulfilled in Christ as the atonement for us.
Lev:23:28: And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.

So, what are you talking about?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keras

You mention the Lord’s protection. Even in the day when the mount of olives becomes a valley if one thinks about it the dust from that eruption or explosion that will darken the day. If there is a nuke response and the atmosphere is at a condition that it can’t block the sun’s radiation, the dust just might do so for those in the land of Israel. If you think about it the Lord will know the will of those who would seek to destroy Israel, and the moment that event happens maybe why it said to happen before the attempted attack.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
DPMartin said:
I should have mentioned that I was responding to the OP, but there is no "Feast of Trumpets" that I can find mentioned in the bible (KJV) and day of atonement has been fulfilled in Christ as the atonement for us.
Lev:23:28: And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.

So, what are you talking about?
There are seven total Feasts. The first four Feasts have already been fulfilled by Christ 2,000 years ago. The last three Feasts are fall Feasts yet to be fulfilled, the Feast of Trumpets, the Day of Atonement and the Feasts of Tabernacles.

Feast of Trumpets is rapture Joel 2:1-2 NIV, Matt 24:31 NIV, 1 Cor 15:51-52 NIV, Rev 4:1 NIV, the Day of Atonement is when Jesus lands His feet on the Mount of Olives at the end of the Great Tribulation Zech 14:4 NIV, and five days later the Feast of Tabernacles is when the 1,000 year Reign with Christ begins Rev 20:4 NIV.

Lev 23:23-25 NIV The LORD said to Moses, 24 "Say to the Israelites: 'On the first day of the seventh month you are to have a day of rest, a sacred assembly commemorated with trumpet blasts. 25 Do no regular work, but present an offering made to the LORD by fire.' "

Joel 2:1-2 NIV Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming. It is close at hand— 2a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness. Like dawn spreading across the mountains a large and mighty army comes, such as never was in ancient times nor ever will be in ages to come.

Matt 24:31 NIV And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

1 Cor 15:51-52 NIV Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Rev 4:1 NIV After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Keras

You mention the Lord’s protection. Even in the day when the mount of olives becomes a valley if one thinks about it the dust from that eruption or explosion that will darken the day. If there is a nuke response and the atmosphere is at a condition that it can’t block the sun’s radiation, the dust just might do so for those in the land of Israel. If you think about it the Lord will know the will of those who would seek to destroy Israel, and the moment that event happens maybe why it said to happen before the attempted attack.
The splitting of the Mt of Olives, will happen at the Return. Zech 14:3 Before that, Zech 1-2, is the conquest of new Israel by the Leader of the One World Govt, namely the Anti-Christ. And before that, comes the Day of the Lord's wrath; the Sixth Seal. There won't be any nukes in the Holy Land, but may be in Iran, as they try to attack the State of Israel, could be very soon now.

The Day of Trumpets; Yom Teruah, was ordained by God. It's final fulfilment has yet to happen. Numbers 29:1-6 I see it as probably the Sixth Seal event.
Then 10 days later, comes the Day of Atonement. Numbers 29:7-11

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do you believe in the seven year split between Trumpets and Atonement.
No. The Day of Atonement comes 10 days after Trumpets and I see that being the case for their final fulfillment. Could well be next month!
Tabernacle's, that means 'God with us', will come about 20 years later, because Jesus will Return on that day.

The seven years is just the agreed period for a peace treaty between the Anti-Christ leader of the OWG and Beulah, the new nation in all of the Holy Land.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
There are seven total Feasts. The first four Feasts have already been fulfilled by Christ 2,000 years ago. The last three Feasts are fall Feasts yet to be fulfilled, the Feast of Trumpets, the Day of Atonement and the Feasts of Tabernacles.

Feast of Trumpets is rapture Joel 2:1-2 NIV, Matt 24:31 NIV, 1 Cor 15:51-52 NIV, Rev 4:1 NIV, the Day of Atonement is when Jesus lands His feet on the Mount of Olives at the end of the Great Tribulation Zech 14:4 NIV, and five days later the Feast of Tabernacles is when the 1,000 year Reign with Christ begins Rev 20:4 NIV.

Lev 23:23-25 NIV The LORD said to Moses, 24 "Say to the Israelites: 'On the first day of the seventh month you are to have a day of rest, a sacred assembly commemorated with trumpet blasts. 25 Do no regular work, but present an offering made to the LORD by fire.' "

Joel 2:1-2 NIV Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming. It is close at hand— 2a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness. Like dawn spreading across the mountains a large and mighty army comes, such as never was in ancient times nor ever will be in ages to come.

Matt 24:31 NIV And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

1 Cor 15:51-52 NIV Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Rev 4:1 NIV After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

Sorry, no mention of "feast of trumps" in those scripture references. It’s just not there. Don’t see no text "feast of trumpets" or any mention that would imply a feast. Are you making this up as you go, or what? Its apparent you like to read something into the text you read, and expect us to do the same. Therefore, it makes no sense to continue this conversation.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
The Day of Trumpets; Yom Teruah, was ordained by God. It's final fulfilment has yet to happen. Numbers 29:1-6 I see it as probably the Sixth Seal event.
Then 10 days later, comes the Day of Atonement. Numbers 29:7-11
I don’t know that I would buy that or not, three things, the Beloved Son of God came into the word, most believe in harvest time. Wasn’t there announcements amongst the believers that the Messiah has come? The Beloved Son of God makes His offering in the world for our atonement, commonly known as Passover. The only real thing left is the tabernacles. Note that is plural, also the resurrection is bodies that the sons of God will dwell in. Hence tabernacles.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Doesn't the Feast of Tabernacles follow Atonement five days later...9/23/15 to 9/28/15.?
On the calendar, yes it does, but that doesn't mean it's fulfilment must come 5 days later on the same year. As that Day must be the Return of Jesus and we know a lot must happen before that glorious Day, the last 3 feasts won't be consecutive.

DPM, I suggest you google Feast of Trumpets, that is just a translation of Yom Teruah. It is also the same day as Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the Jewish new year.
It is a Day fixed by the sighting of the first sliver of the new moon and is therefore, a Day that cannot be 100% predicted in advance. So it fulfils the prediction that we can't know the exact Day.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
DPMartin said:
Sorry, no mention of "feast of trumps" in those scripture references. It’s just not there. Don’t see no text "feast of trumpets" or any mention that would imply a feast. Are you making this up as you go, or what? Its apparent you like to read something into the text you read, and expect us to do the same. Therefore, it makes no sense to continue this conversation.
The titles of the Feasts are all in Lev 23.

Look harder.......http://biblehub.com/niv/leviticus/23.htm// http://www.biblestudytools.com/leviticus/23.html

The Passover
Unleavened Bread
Firstfruits
Feast of Weeks
Feast of Trumpets
Day of Atonement
Feast of Tabernacles

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
keras said:
On the calendar, yes it does, but that doesn't mean it's fulfilment must come 5 days later on the same year. As that Day must be the Return of Jesus and we know a lot must happen before that glorious Day, the last 3 feasts won't be consecutive.
So Jesus lands His feet on the Mount of Olives on the Day of Atonement, and then 20 years later begins the 1,000 year reign? :rolleyes:

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So Jesus lands His feet on the Mount of Olives on the Day of Atonement, and then 20 years later begins the 1,000 year reign? :rolleyes:
Did I say He Returns in glory on the Day of Atonement? No.
Actually He is present now, spiritually, and He is about to test the world with His Day of wrath: the Day of Trumpets. Psalm 110:5-6, Matthew 3:12
On that Day, He will be revealed to His own 2 Thess 1:6-10

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
DPM, I suggest you google Feast of Trumpets, that is just a translation of Yom Teruah. It is also the same day as Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the Jewish new year.
It is a Day fixed by the sighting of the first sliver of the new moon and is therefore, a Day that cannot be 100% predicted in advance. So it fulfils the prediction that we can't know the exact Day.

Sorry keras unless I miss understand what you are saying here, you must know that the first month of the Hebrew year is Nisan, which includes Passover, (that goes back to the Torah Ex:12:1-9 , Lev:23:5: In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover ). Within the Gregorian calendar is March/April. The Hebrew year starts in the Gregorian calendar March/April. We know that Easter is the eighth day, or the day Jesus rises, the day after Passover. Which places the time of the trumpets 6 month later in the seventh month. (Num:29:1: And in the seventh month, on the first day of the month, ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work: it is a day of blowing the trumpets unto you.) Which puts it in the fall. Not far from the Christian celebration of Christ coming into the world. The catholic church used the now Christmas holiday date that was a Gentile holiday before that to help the message of Christ and the influence of the church prevail in the world of what is now western culture.

see also https://www.hebcal.com/converter/ and http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/526874/jewish/The-Jewish-Month.htm