Theology is our thinking!! Not the Lord's!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your crazy idea about what a wrong theology does...it is rather a study that ignores sound doctrine which is taught by Jesus and His apostles.....while claiming to do so. Rather than calling that a "wrong theology" ....I would call that a lack of instruction....or else a false agenda. It depends how much ego is applied to it. :oops:
in your case. 100% ego is applied to it

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Theology is the study of Gods word.
while there is bad theology out there. there is good theology out there

The Bible is Gods love letter to us. He did nto spend a few thousand years putting it together for us just to ignore it.. He gave it to us so we can get to know him.

No - He did not give us the Bible so we could get to know Him!!! He gave us the Bible so we would get to know Him!!

Those two statement above seem to be the same but they are complete opposites!!

We don't know Him because we know the Bible. But if you believe what you read you would seek Him and get to know Him!

The Bible is then not a 'love letter' that means we know Him. It is not personal!!!! If I write a love letter to a girl I love, it is personal. I don't the write same of love letter and send them to every girl on the planet - which is what you are saying He did!! That is not personal!! You perhaps can think of it as an invitation to a big party; a wedding party perhaps. And maybe even His Father is setting Him up with a marriage, even to many, but until you get to know Him it is not personal!! You are mistaken.

So what is the Bible? It is a book that can give you the wisdom to seek Him, and then be used by Him, The Teacher, to teach us from!!

Have you not read:

2 Tim 3:14-17 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

Look close what is written. Note the part about "from whom you have learned them"!!

Is it not written that they will all be taught of God? And have you not read that we have only one Teacher? So knowing from whom you have learned them means actually knowing Him!!! It does not mean leaning on your own Theology!! It means you need to personally know Him, and that happens from listening to Him!!

And look closely - those sacred writing are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus!! So our faith is not in the sacred writings!!!! That is what you are writing, but that is wrong!! Our faith is not in the writings but in the Teacher who we are supposed to be learning from!!!

And look closely again - All Scriptures is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness!!

So answer this very simple question! Who is it that is to be using the Scriptures to teach you, reprove you, correct you, and for training you in righteousness???

If you don't listen to Him you don't know Him!! If you don't listen to Him you are not learning from Him!! If you are not listening to Him you are not being reproved, corrected, and discipled by Him!! If you are not listening to Him you are not being trained in righteousness by Him!!

So what is happening with you, if you are not listening to Him?? It goes back to the verse right before the above verses!

1 Tim 3:13 But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

There were and are evil men who are pointing you away from Jesus Christ and are telling you that He is not there to be heard from!!!

They will tell you things like knowing the Bible is know Jesus. That is not so! They will tell you things like following the Bible is following Jesus Christ. That is not so. His sheep hear His voice, and He leads them out with His voice, not His book! And like their father, the devil, they say things like, "Did God really say?" in order to create a disbelief that God is really there for you to hear from!!

And that is why the verses after those verses reads:

1 Tim 4:1,2 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.

We have a King and He a kingdom, even the Kingdom of God, which we proclaim/preach. He is there with His kingdom to be heard from! Which is why His name and not the Bible is called "THE WORD OF GOD"!

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Of course that is in the Revelation of Him, and He has not been revealed to everyone, right?

Gal 3:22-24 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

So, I posted long, because it sadly needs great patience and instruction to preach the word and to reprove, rebuke, and exhort those who do not know Him, THE WORD OF GOD!

That is what the Lord asked me to do. He once told me, "Karl, I want you to preach the Word, but not as it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I AM the Word of God!" And when He said "I Am" those words hit me with power causing me to fall so I had to catch myself before I hit the floor. The Great I Am is the Word of God, who is the One who took on flesh and went to the cross, so who is God's salvation, the One we call Jesus Christ, who is the King, who is always with you and speaking to you, so you can open up to Him and He will come into you so you will hear from Him and Him from you!

In a nut shell, the message is "Hear, O Israel!" But if you don't it take a long time to explain that, and then hearing Him is a hard nut to crack!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was not your question!! Did you forget what you asked? You asked:

It is not even close to the same question. The one you asked was about the "discernment" and that of spirits, but you didn't understand that. And apparently you still don't understand what you asked and should be asking.

Never-the-less, the above question is an interesting topic, but it is not the topic of this thread, is it?

So, it needs to be on another thread!! Yet it would be a nice thread. There is a lot more to that question than I believe you know, and me to for that matter. It really gets more into the depths of God that you realize, and note that even Jesus Christ, the perfect image of the invisible God and God, did not and does not consider understanding the depths of something that can happen. So I suggest you put it on another thread - yet even with that talk to Jesus Christ via His Holy Spirit and see what He has to say.
I know what He has to say from 1 John 4:2-3 and the parallel passage in 2 John 1:7. I know what the spirit of antichrist teaches and how to discern the truth from a lie. the Spirit of truth from the spirit of error/lie (antichrist).

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: amigo de christo

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - He did not give us the Bible so we could get to know Him!!! He gave us the Bible so we would get to know Him!!

Those two statement above seem to be the same but they are complete opposites!!

We don't know Him because we know the Bible. But if you believe what you read you would seek Him and get to know Him!

The Bible is then not a 'love letter' that means we know Him. It is not personal!!!! If I write a love letter to a girl I love, it is personal. I don't the write same of love letter and send them to every girl on the planet - which is what you are saying He did!! That is not personal!! You perhaps can think of it as an invitation to a big party; a wedding party perhaps. And maybe even His Father is setting Him up with a marriage, even to many, but until you get to know Him it is not personal!! You are mistaken.

So what is the Bible? It is a book that can give you the wisdom to seek Him, and then be used by Him, The Teacher, to teach us from!!

Have you not read:

2 Tim 3:14-17 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

Look close what is written. Note the part about "from whom you have learned them"!!

Is it not written that they will all be taught of God? And have you not read that we have only one Teacher? So knowing from whom you have learned them means actually knowing Him!!! It does not mean leaning on your own Theology!! It means you need to personally know Him, and that happens from listening to Him!!

And look closely - those sacred writing are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus!! So our faith is not in the sacred writings!!!! That is what you are writing, but that is wrong!! Our faith is not in the writings but in the Teacher who we are supposed to be learning from!!!

And look closely again - All Scriptures is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness!!

So answer this very simple question! Who is it that is to be using the Scriptures to teach you, reprove you, correct you, and for training you in righteousness???

If you don't listen to Him you don't know Him!! If you don't listen to Him you are not learning from Him!! If you are not listening to Him you are not being reproved, corrected, and discipled by Him!! If you are not listening to Him you are not being trained in righteousness by Him!!

So what is happening with you, if you are not listening to Him?? It goes back to the verse right before the above verses!

1 Tim 3:13 But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

There were and are evil men who are pointing you away from Jesus Christ and are telling you that He is not there to be heard from!!!

They will tell you things like knowing the Bible is know Jesus. That is not so! They will tell you things like following the Bible is following Jesus Christ. That is not so. His sheep hear His voice, and He leads them out with His voice, not His book! And like their father, the devil, they say things like, "Did God really say?" in order to create a disbelief that God is really there for you to hear from!!

And that is why the verses after those verses reads:

1 Tim 4:1,2 I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.

We have a King and He a kingdom, even the Kingdom of God, which we proclaim/preach. He is there with His kingdom to be heard from! Which is why His name and not the Bible is called "THE WORD OF GOD"!

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Of course that is in the Revelation of Him, and He has not been revealed to everyone, right?

Gal 3:22-24 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

So, I posted long, because it sadly needs great patience and instruction to preach the word and to reprove, rebuke, and exhort those who do not know Him, THE WORD OF GOD!

That is what the Lord asked me to do. He once told me, "Karl, I want you to preach the Word, but not as it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I AM the Word of God!" And when He said "I Am" those words hit me with power causing me to fall so I had to catch myself before I hit the floor. The Great I Am is the Word of God, who is the One who took on flesh and went to the cross, so who is God's salvation, the One we call Jesus Christ, who is the King, who is always with you and speaking to you, so you can open up to Him and He will come into you so you will hear from Him and Him from you!

In a nut shell, the message is "Hear, O Israel!" But if you don't it take a long time to explain that, and then hearing Him is a hard nut to crack!
One verse wipes out your entire post.

God so loved the world ( the world that hated Him ) that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

And I will throw this one in for free,

God demonstrated His love for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Run people. Run.

Sadly this is the attitude too many have when it comes to hearing the our Lord Jesus Christ by faith. They reject Him! They don't run from Him. They deny, deny, and deny Him. They in fact kill the Word of God / Him!!

Never-the-Less - He takes the time to just stand there at the door knocking, hoping some day they will repent of their ways and open up to Him. And since He is like that, and they don't listen, He has us work with Him. And the word of God is that all should come to know Him - which means listening to Him!

That is why the Lord spoke to Isaiah and he wrote: (Is 30: 8-17)

Now go, write it on a tablet before them
And inscribe it on a scroll,
That it may serve in the time to come
As a witness forever.
For this is a rebellious people, false sons,
Sons who refuse to listen
To the instruction of the LORD;
Who say to the seers, “You must not see visions”;
And to the prophets, “You must not prophesy to us what is right,
Speak to us pleasant words,
Prophesy illusions.
“Get out of the way, turn aside from the path,
Let us hear no more about the Holy One of Israel.”
Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel,
“Since you have rejected this word
And have put your trust in oppression and guile, and have relied on them,
Therefore this iniquity will be to you
Like a breach about to fall,
A bulge in a high wall,
Whose collapse comes suddenly in an instant,
Whose collapse is like the smashing of a potter’s jar,
So ruthlessly shattered
That a sherd will not be found among its pieces
To ]take fire from a hearth
Or to scoop water from a cistern.”
For thus the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, has said,
“In repentance and rest you will be saved,
In quietness and trust is your strength.”
But you were not willing,
And you said, “No, for we will flee on horses,”
Therefore you shall flee!
“And we will ride on swift horses,”
Therefore those who pursue you shall be swift.
One thousand will flee at the threat of one man;
You will flee at the threat of five,
Until you are left as a flag on a mountain top
And as a signal on a hill.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly this is the attitude too many have when it comes to hearing the our Lord Jesus Christ by faith. They reject Him! They don't run from Him. They deny, deny, and deny Him. They in fact kill the Word of God / Him!!
No one said anything about running from God

we run from self proclaimed prophets who do not understand God.. like you

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pointing out that to some, "theology" means trying to understand God's will. To others, maybe it means something else.
To way too many it means whatever my pastor teacheth . and that BE A HUGE PROBLEM .
cause i see lots of what most would love to be called theology .
ONLY they sure aint teaching what GOD did .
SO it aint THE OLOGY now is it . if it contradicts the scriptures it wont be pointing anyone to GOD , TO HIS CHRIST .
Much theology is nothing more than men who came up with an idea ABOUT GOD
then twisted scrip to support it and now call it theology . And that TOO is a fact .
My advice stands . WE bess open them bibles and get busy learning and stay IN IT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Never-the-Less - He takes the time to just stand there at the door knocking, hoping some day they will repent of their ways and open up to Him. And since He is like that, and they don't listen, He has us work with Him. And the word of God is that all should come to know Him - which means listening to Him!

That is why the Lord spoke to Isaiah and he wrote: (Is 30: 8-17)

Now go, write it on a tablet before them
And inscribe it on a scroll,
That it may serve in the time to come
As a witness forever.
For this is a rebellious people, false sons,
Sons who refuse to listen
To the instruction of the LORD;
Who say to the seers, “You must not see visions”;
And to the prophets, “You must not prophesy to us what is right,
Speak to us pleasant words,
Prophesy illusions.
“Get out of the way, turn aside from the path,
Let us hear no more about the Holy One of Israel.”
Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel,
“Since you have rejected this word
And have put your trust in oppression and guile, and have relied on them,
Therefore this iniquity will be to you
Like a breach about to fall,
A bulge in a high wall,
Whose collapse comes suddenly in an instant,
Whose collapse is like the smashing of a potter’s jar,
So ruthlessly shattered
That a sherd will not be found among its pieces
To ]take fire from a hearth
Or to scoop water from a cistern.”
For thus the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, has said,
“In repentance and rest you will be saved,
In quietness and trust is your strength.”
But you were not willing,
And you said, “No, for we will flee on horses,”
Therefore you shall flee!
“And we will ride on swift horses,”
Therefore those who pursue you shall be swift.
One thousand will flee at the threat of one man;
You will flee at the threat of five,
Until you are left as a flag on a mountain top
And as a signal on a hill.
any who cometh to CHRIST and heeds not HIS WORDS , THEY AINT HIS at all .
They at most came to a jesus who came to serve the fleshly desires of their own hearts .
AND SINCE JESUS AINT THE MINSTIR OF SIN , that means its another jesus and NOT JESUS THE CHRIST they came too . mens inventions

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One verse wipes out your entire post.

God so loved the world ( the world that hated Him ) that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

And I will throw this one in for free,

God demonstrated His love for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Yes, but if God gave us His only begotten Son, they why don't you listen to Him??
Why do you still kill Him you He gave you?

People - God did give us His Son and He stands there knocking so that you might hear from Him and get to know Him! But you turn your back on Him! You count Him as dead. You say in your heart that He is either still dead of in a far off place called heaven, so you don't seek Him!! You run from Him, you deny Him, you say "Let not God speak to us" and in those ways you killed Him and are still killing Him Today!

He once told me, "SHOULDN’T YOU HEAR FROM A MAN YOU’RE JUDGING WORTHY OF DEATH AND EXAMINE WHETHER THERE IS TRUTH IN WHAT HE SAYS. SO IT IS THAT I HAVE MADE HEARING FROM ME THE VERY THINGS THAT GIVES YOU ETERNAL LIFE. "

It is written that faith comes from hearing and hearing by a word of Christ. We are saved by faith, and not even that He went to the cross for us sinners. Yeah, He died for us, but if you continue killing Him and don't believe He is alive and there with you to hear from, His death and forgiveness will be of no use to you. Or did you not also read the part about "whoever believes in Him will be saved"? You only have half the message, and that because you are leaning on you own understanding!

You don't believe in Him if you are leaning on your own understanding! And that kind of faith will not save you!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said anything about running from God

we run from self proclaimed prophets who do not understand God.. like you
We flee from the false and sit not under them . So now allow me some parting words .
WHY on earth is it almost impossible to really FIND a church whose leadership is as was the original apostels .
For that i invite us to examine the bible well . THEN YOU GONNA SEE , oh dear we in the midst of a great apostacy .
A GREAT APOSTACY . not just minor errors , I MEAN A MASSIVE APOSTACY that grows daily and by the hour in darkness
which they say IS LIGHT . IT aint looking good . But the lambs shall point to CHRIST and all biblical doctrine .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, that's a great idea, utube is full of them.
Avoid these false prophets.
All they want is "profit" through Utube.
Don't come with that "don't touch God's annointed".....
IT aint just YOU TUBE . Its next to impossible to find them IN CHURCHES . we got us a great apostacy
and most are calling it love , unity , all inclusive social gospel we are one lets love and not dare correct error .
FOLKS BOUGHT A LIE . And it has infected every singel realm within christanity as well as the false religions
as well as the secular . TO UNITE THE WORLD as one under what it calleth LOVE or GOD . only IT AINT EITHER ONE pardener .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: and fast too . lambs heed THE VOICE OF CHRIST not strangers .

When I say seek the Lord Jesus Christ and listen to Him and you respond, run from him, you are not running from me but Him who told you to tell you to listen to Him. Or have you not read that we are the body of Christ?

You think that is you, but if you were hearing from Him then you would be hearing instructions from Him, and would be running towards Him and the instructions from hear from Him. So you are not part of the body of Christ, doing what He asks of them. You are a false son who will not listen to the instructions of the Lord. Instead you lean on your own understanding!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I say seek the Lord Jesus Christ and listen to Him and you respond, run from him, you are not running from me but Him who told you to tell you to listen to Him. Or have you not read that we are the body of Christ?

You think that is you, but if you were hearing from Him then you would be hearing instructions from Him, and would be running towards Him and the instructions from hear from Him. So you are not part of the body of Christ, doing what He asks of them. You are a false son who will not listen to the instructions of the Lord. Instead you lean on your own understanding!
Lets include that to say lets not lean on karls understanding . Lets rather sit and examine
what each one says . IF IT be true agree , if it contradict the BIBLICAL JESUS , the doctrine of the apostles
the holy pure scriptures , THEN TRASH IT and start over . BIBLE and TIME .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what He has to say from 1 John 4:2-3 and the parallel passage in 2 John 1:7. I know what the spirit of antichrist teaches and how to discern the truth from a lie. the Spirit of truth from the spirit of error/lie (antichrist).

hope this helps !!!
now allow me to give you a test my dear friend .
IF one comes and teaches that GOD is love , we know HE IS , and yet
uses that love to try and say that all religoins are fine as long as they love and do good to one another
that it dont matter if one beleives that JESUS is the CHRIST , just love
WHAT SPIRIT DO YOU THINK that cometh from . for a hint i invite us to read the second chapter
of john when he wrote about who is a liar and antichrist . you go ahead and answer .
WHAT SPIRIT would teach such a thing as to say we need only love and not to have to believe on JESUS CHRIST .
its a real easy answer .