"There are no more...Prophets??"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

There are two hours, even three, that one does not expect: The hour of one's birth, when Jesus knocks, and the hour of death. I tell you, those times have come upon men since the beginning and continue until the end.
Blessings ScottA. I understand your words ScottA but can you see what is coming. Out of Mercy a warning is given, and out of understanding it is received. And to whom is the man that has had more than three hours? Is he more worthy? I tell you no, He is the least worthy.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111
@Christophany

I didn't want to derail the "What is Revival" thread, but this needs to be clarified.

Now, I get it if you are of the opinion that Paul spoke here referring only to the last apostles, even though that is not the context of the passage, for the context is as stated: “When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men”, not excluding any who were or would be "captive":

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.​

...But here in Revelation, in order for there to be "no more...prophets", there would also have to be no more testimony of Jesus--which simply isn't true (either):

And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”​
Acts 2:17 claims in the end times, people will prophecy ... Nothing to add to the Bible but applicable warnings/ messages for the times.
Besides, the Two Witnesses will show up and prophecy. All their words will be inspired by God. For instance they may prophecy: "A famine will begin tomorrow, this volcano will blow on such a day or details about the Antichrist ... that he will do this and then something will happen ..." They certainly will utter scripture verbatim but details that are not in scripture will be uttered to validate who they are as did any prophet with events thay shirtly took place.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 14:3 NIV
But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort.
Thanks for posting that. The OT prophets' mission was to proclaim God's correction to His people where they needed correcting, or God's encouragement to them when they needed encouraging. I was thinkin' that right about now Jesus's people could use a little of both.

Reactions: St. SteVen