"There are no more...Prophets??"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Prophecy is not limited to "new" things that will come to be, but also include the announcement of previous prophecies before they spring forth:
God has already given His children a blueprint of His plans for (a) the Church, (b)redeemed and restored Israel, (c) the New Heavens and the New Earth, and (d) the New Jerusalem. Above all He has given us His plans for the Lord Jesus Christ.

At the same time He had told us how He will be dealing with the wicked, the unbelieving, the unrighteous, evil angels, demons, Satan, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet.

In other words we do not need any more revelations from on high. We may not have everything in fine detail, but that is not necessary either. For the Church the primary responsibility is to preach the Gospel to every creature, and leave the rest to God.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has already given His children a blueprint of His plans for (a) the Church, (b)redeemed and restored Israel, (c) the New Heavens and the New Earth, and (d) the New Jerusalem. Above all He has given us His plans for the Lord Jesus Christ.

At the same time He had told us how He will be dealing with the wicked, the unbelieving, the unrighteous, evil angels, demons, Satan, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet.

In other words we do not need any more revelations from on high. We may not have everything in fine detail, but that is not necessary either. For the Church the primary responsibility is to preach the Gospel to every creature, and leave the rest to God.
That is all good up until what John did not include stating that "the mystery of God" would not be "finished" until "the sounding of the seventh angel."

Your answer falls short of all that is called for and clearly stated, but not all included in John's testimony. It very much sounds like you mean to "take away" that portion which was stated as yet to come. Unless you are able to list the unfinished mystery of God--not identified in the scriptures up to and including John's testimony. Are you able?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand where I have a "choice to stop "BEFORE all is fulfilled?"--are you preteristic in your beliefs?

Think not, &c. = Deem not for a moment. A very necessary warning against making this mount another Sinai, and promulgating the laws of the kingdom proclaimed in and from Mat_4:17.

I am come = I have come. Implying former existence. Compare Mat_8:10.

destroy = pull down, as in Mat_26:61.

the law. The first of fifteen references to the Law by Christ (Mat_5:17, Mat_5:18; Mat_7:12; Mat_11:13; Mat_12:5; Mat_22:40; Mat_23:23. Luk_10:26; Luk_16:6, Luk_16:17; Luk_24:44. Joh_7:19, Joh_7:19, Joh_7:23; Joh_8:17; Joh_10:34; Joh_15:25), five of these coupled with "Moses".

1) "Think not that I am come," (me nomisete hoti ethon) "Think not (within yourselves) that I came," of my own will and accord, as a civil revolutionary or insurrectionist, against either established government or religious orders.

2) "To destroy the law, or the prophets:" (katalusai ton nomon he tous prophetas) "To destroy or abrogate the law or the prophets," under which Israel had been trustee or custodian of a program of sacrifices and Divine worship and service for near 1,500 years. For these had 'pointed to Jesus Christ as the one and only hope and way of salvation from sin, Luk_16:29-31; Act_10:43; Gal_3:22-25.

3) "I am not come to destroy," (ouk elthon katalusai came not to destroy," abrogate, annul or demean the law or the authority and principles of the law, Luk_16:16; Luk_19:10. He came to save the bad, not to destroy the good.

4) "But to fulfill." (alla plerosai) "But instead, to fulfill," that of which the law and the prophets spoke and witnessed by word, type, shadow, and object lessons, as He Himself explained, Luk_24:44-45. Jesus came to fulfill or live up to the demands of the Holy Law, then die for all who had fallen short of its standards and demands, Gal_3:13; 1Pe_2:24; 2Pe_3:18.
Jesus "made under the law", Gal_4:4, lived in perfect obedience to meet the standards of the law, Joh_8:46, fulfilled the types and shadows of the law, Gal_3:13-14; 1Pe_2:21-23, thus establishing the holiness of the law, Gal_6:2.

---There are so many adversaries, Jews, , Socinians, Anabaptists, Antinomians, &c., that make their advantages of this text, for the establishing their several errors, that it would require a volume to vindicate it from their several exceptions; those who desire satisfaction may read Spanhemius Dub. Evang. 12.3. The plain sense of the text is this: It would have been a great cavil, with the Jews especially, (who had a great reverence for the law), if either our Saviour’s enemies amongst them could have persuaded people that Christ came to destroy the law and the prophets, or his own hearers had entertained from his discourse any such apprehensions. Our Saviour designing, in his following discourse, to give a more full and strict interpretation of the law than had been given by the Pharisees and other Jewish doctors, prefaces that discourse with a protestation against his coming

to fulfil it. It is manifest, by his following discourse, that he principally spake of the moral law, though he also fulfilled the ceremonial law, he being the Antitype in whom all the types of that had their complement, and real fulfilling and accomplishment. Saith he, I am not come to destroy and put an end to the moral law. I am come to fulfil it: not to fill it up, as papists and Socinians contend, adding any new precept to it; but by yielding myself a personal obedience to it, by giving a fuller and stricter interpretation of it than you have formerly had, and by taking the curse of it (so far as concerneth my disciples) upon myself, and giving a just satisfaction to Divine justice for it.

The greatest objection urged against Christ destroying part of the law, and adding new precepts to the moral law, is that about the change of the sabbath; but this is none, if we consider that the moral law required no more than one day of seven to be kept as a day of holy rest, not this or that particular day; for the particular day, the Jews learned it from the ceremonial law, as Christians learn theirs from Christ’s and the apostles’ practice.

Nor is it any objection against this, that the seventh day from the creation is mentioned in the law, to those who know how to distinguish between the precept and the argument; the seventh from the creation is not in the precept, but in the argument, For in six days, & c. Now there is nothing more ordinary than to have arguments of a particular temporary concernment used to enforce precepts of an eternal obligation, where the precepts were first given to that particular people, as to whom those arguments were of force, an instance of which is in the first commandment, as well as in this: as, on the other side, arguments of universal force are oft annexed to precepts, which had but a particular obligation upon a particular people for a time. Thus in the ceremonial law, we often find it is an argument to enforce many ceremonial precepts, For I am the Lord thy God.
Poole.

The reason why I believe there is no new revelation and no more prophets.
Scott would be in the realm of a (Full Preterist) he denies a future, literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens

Scott denies a future general resurrection of the dead in Christ, this is just the tip of Scott's theological iceberg

Way---------------Out------------------There

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Scott would be in the realm of a (Full Preterist) he denies a future, literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens

Scott denies a future general resurrection of the dead in Christ, this is just the tip of Scott's theological iceberg

That's what I have picked up, very early in our communication with each other.

Reactions: Truth7t7

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's what I have picked up, very early in our communication with each other.
Not true.

That's just your misunderstanding...although I have explained many times. You are a repeated false witness.

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not true.

That's just your misunderstanding...although I have explained many times. You are a repeated false witness.

I know this is true--are you Preteristic? And please, stop with this me bearing false witness man, I still consider you as a brother--I don't see you correcting others who have also noticed that you are Preteristic in your beliefs, so what's the matter with you?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is true--are you Preteristic? And please, stop with this me bearing false witness man, I still consider you as a brother--I don't see you correcting others who have also noticed that you are Preteristic in your beliefs, so what's the matter with you?
You chimed in with a false witness. I was addressing his repeated accusations.

But no, I am not a Preterist, as they believe everything was fulfilled on a particular date. I have said nothing of the sort.

To the contrary, it is my testimony that the things of men only seemingly occur in times, while the things of God do not, but in reality occur within Him "before the foundation of the world."

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true.

Direct Question: Scott do you believe in the "Future" that Jesus Christ will return literally and visibly in the heavens, as human eyes on this earth will witness, as scripture describes below?

Matthew 24:30KJV
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true.

Direct Question: Scott do you believe in a "Future" literal resurrection of the dead in Christ as scripture teaches below?

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Direct Question: Scott do you believe in a "Future" literal resurrection of the dead in Christ as scripture teaches below?

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
No answer--Oh well
Later
J.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I stated, it was the tip of the iceberg with Scott's theology

As post #47 describes, time is just an illusion to us, this has been stated several times

It's metaphysical mystical gobbly goop not found in scripture, and when you expose the teaching your sentenced to weeping and gnashing of teeth, smiles!

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Direct Question: Scott do you believe in the "Future" that Jesus Christ will return literally and visibly in the heavens, as human eyes on this earth will witness, as scripture describes below?

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

You are a broken record--continually making false accusations. What is done with broken records?
  • You say "Future" as not even now, which is not mentioned in Matthew 24:30. It only says "then shall" as of 2,000 years ago after which Paul added "but each one in his own order" and Jesus said, "which must shortly take place."
  • You say "literally" as in this world, while the verse does not say that, but says "the sign of the Son of man"--but where, on the earth? No, but "In heaven."
  • You say "visibly", but Jesus said "not by observation."
  • You say "human eyes on this earth will witness", but the verse says "in the clouds of heaven."
You restate scripture like your father.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

29 And shall come forth;

You're done.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a broken record--continually making false accusations. What is done with broken records?
  • You say "Future" as not even now, which is not mentioned in Matthew 24:30. It only says "then shall" as of 2,000 years ago after which Paul added "but each one in his own order" and Jesus said, "which must shortly take place."
  • You say "literally" as in this world, while the verse does not say that, but says "the sign of the Son of man"--but where, on the earth? No, but "In heaven."
  • You say "human eyes on this earth will witness", but the verse says "in the clouds of heaven."
As clearly shown before the forum openly, Scott denies a future, literal, visible, coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens as Matthew 24:30 describes below, and this literal,, visible,, second coming is found to be orthodox teaching within the Church

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're done.
Before the forum, Scott has refused to answer the direct question below

29 And shall come forth;

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As clearly shown before the forum openly, Scott denies a future, literal, visible, coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens as Matthew 24:30 describes below, and this literal,, visible,, second coming is found to be orthodox teaching within the Church

Before the forum, Scott has refused to answer the direct question below

29 And shall come forth;

It is you who I deny and refuse (loose), as one who blatantly and repeatedly quotes the scriptures and also rewords them to his own liking in the same act.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is you who I deny and refuse (loose), as one who blatantly and repeatedly quotes the scriptures and also rewords them to his own liking in the same act.
Scott you deny a future literal resurrection of the dead in Christ and a literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens

Scott you deny the basic foundational orthodox teachings within the Christian Church, it's that simple

Will I now be cursed to weeping and gnashing of teeth again?

Jesus Is The Lord

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott you deny a future literal resurrection of the dead in Christ and a literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens

Scott you deny the basic foundational orthodox teachings within the Christian Church, it's that simple

Will I now be cursed to weeping and gnashing of teeth again?

Jesus Is The Lord
Even now you reword your false accusations differently.

But no, you are loosed to your own devises.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings Scott. The enemy can be a tricky one. Some times, on our journey The Lord will take us through the deep. But we must be careful when we are in the deep, as the enemy is also there to tempt us to go even deeper. The Lord has fulfilled His promise to send The Holy Spirit and will continue to do so until that day. But this is not His second coming. It is actually is as it is written, which has been shown to you here. If one denies The Lords second coming as it is written, then they will not see the(great) tribulation that proceeds it. For out of no where shall it begin, and will catch many unaware and off guard. Yes there are prophets today exactly as it is written. Their voice has not been sounded as a warning, as the warnings of Jesus are sufficient for these times. Only the voices of the false prophets have sounded, and proven to be false. A prophet of these times brings no new revelation as The Lord is with him. Let me give you an example of a prophet. If a man comes to your house and knocks on your door. He is a stranger to you but you are not a stranger to him(as the Lord is with him). He tells you that tomorrow at this time the winds will pick up. And then he points to the tree behind your house(a towering oak) and says that that tree will come down on your house and split it in two. He then proceeds to tell you that you and your family needs to be somewhere else tomorrow at this time. Now there are two choices that you have. You can believe the man, or you can scoff at his words.You can stay or you can leave. You can live or you can die. Now why did this man knock on the door? Was it not The Lord's will? And how did this man know what tomorrow would bring? Is not The Lord the beginning and the end? Does He not see the end from the beginning. So I have brought these words to you and others to only consider. I do not come to battle over words for that is not my Father's will. Blessings!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings Scott. The enemy can be a tricky one. Some times, on our journey The Lord will take us through the deep. But we must be careful when we are in the deep, as the enemy is also there to tempt us to go even deeper. The Lord has fulfilled His promise to send The Holy Spirit and will continue to do so until that day. But this is not His second coming. It is actually is as it is written, which has been shown to you here. If one denies The Lords second coming as it is written, then they will not see the(great) tribulation that proceeds it. For out of no where shall it begin, and will catch many unaware and off guard. Yes there are prophets today exactly as it is written. Their voice has not been sounded as a warning, as the warnings of Jesus are sufficient for these times. Only the voices of the false prophets have sounded, and proven to be false. A prophet of these times brings no new revelation as The Lord is with him. Let me give you an example of a prophet. If a man comes to your house and knocks on your door. He is a stranger to you but you are not a stranger to him(as the Lord is with him). He tells you that tomorrow at this time the winds will pick up. And then he points to the tree behind your house(a towering oak) and says that that tree will come down on your house and split it in two. He then proceeds to tell you that you and your family needs to be somewhere else tomorrow at this time. Now there are two choices that you have. You can believe the man, or you can scoff at his words.You can stay or you can leave. You can live or you can die. Now why did this man knock on the door? Was it not The Lord's will? And how did this man know what tomorrow would bring? Is not The Lord the beginning and the end? Does He not see the end from the beginning. So I have brought these words to you and others to only consider. I do not come to battle over words for that is not my Father's will. Blessings!

"The Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect” ("that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only").

There are two hours, even three, that one does not know or expect: The hour of one's birth, when Jesus knocks, and the hour of death. I tell you, those times have come upon men since the beginning and continue until the end.

Last edited: