"There are no more...Prophets??"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4), "And gave gifts unto men" (edoken domata tois anthropois) "And he gave gifts to men." The dispensing of charismatic gifts to men in the church began according to promise, on the day of Pentecost and lasted only until the Bible was completed and became man's complete or perfect rule of faith in practice, Joh_14:17-18; Joh_16:7-11; Act_2:1-4; 1Co_12:1-27; 1Co_13:13; Jas_1:25.
1) “And if any man shall take away," (kai ean tis aphele) "And if anyone takes away," scissors, excises, cuts away, denies, or rejects the book, the message or testimony, none other exists to guide to glory. "Don't change it, just let it alone."

2) "From the words of the book of this prophecy," (apo ton logon tou bibliou tes propheteias tautes) "From the words of the scroll of this prophecy," the message cut short, compromised, leaves no other hope, no other Redeemer; It must be accepted with the gospel, as is, or there is no hope, 1Co_15:11-20; Gal_1:6-9.

3) "God shall take away," (aphelei ho theos) "God will take away or remove;” his holy Spirit works in connection with the Word of God, rightly divided, apart from which there can be no name entered the book of eternal life and no entrance into the Holy City, the bride, the Lamb's wife, the Church, Mat_28:18-20.

4) "His part out of the book of life," (to meros autou apo tou ksulou tes zoes) "His part (or right, privilege) from the tree of life;” for as there is no true gospel without the resurrection of the dead, (1Co_15:11-18), there is no safe guide to glory apart from the Word of God, as it is, 2Ti_3:16-17.

Deu_4:2; Deu_12:32. Pro_30:5, Pro_30:6. Gal_1:1, Gal_1:8.
Yes, 96AD the last book of the Bible was written by John on the Island of Patmos, (The Revelation) the prophecy was perfectly complete

Revelation 22:18-21KJV
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
נָבִיא nâbîyʼ, naw-bee'; from H5012; a prophet or (generally) inspired man:—prophecy, that prophesy, prophet.

προφήτης prophḗtēs, prof-ay'-tace; from a compound of G4253 and G5346; a foreteller ("prophet"); by analogy, an inspired speaker; by extension, a poet:—prophet.
A Prophet is someone to whom God has given the authority (and responsibility) to speak for Him.

Think of the calling of Moses, Isaiah, and Ezekiel. Basically, it means being God's mouthpiece here on earth. Not a job I'd want.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I warn every one who hears the words of the prophesy of this book; if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and He made it known by sending His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to The Word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is he who reads aloud the words of the prophesy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written therein, for the time is near.

"Please see the last chapter. Nothing more to be added" To the words of the prophecy of this book(The Book of revelation) nor are they to take away from the words of the prophecy of this book(The book of revelation) "This book" is clearly defined by the tree of life and the holy city which is described in Chapter 22 of the book of revelation.
Some people think the book here refers to the Bible but it actually refers to the book of revelation and the prophecy contained there in.
Blessings.
This book “ revelations “ takes us all the way into eternity. There is nothing else to add or be revealed hence the name of the book.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Truth7t7

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, 96AD the last book of the Bible was written by John on the Island of Patmos, (The Revelation) the prophecy was perfectly complete

Revelation 22:18-21KJV
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
Amen

Reactions: Truth7t7

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since Revelation is the FINAL book of the Bible, it in fact refers to the Bible and all genuine prophecies. Why would any other prophecies be necessary when that is how John CLOSED the Bible?
Blessings Enoch! You are welcome to believe that if you wish, but it does not change what is written in Revelation 22, as it is written. It is true, the Bible is complete. I would never add to or subtract from My Fathers words from the word "In to the word "Amen".

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4), "And gave gifts unto men" (edoken domata tois anthropois) "And he gave gifts to men." The dispensing of charismatic gifts to men in the church began according to promise, on the day of Pentecost and lasted only until the Bible was completed and became man's complete or perfect rule of faith in practice, Joh_14:17-18; Joh_16:7-11; Act_2:1-4; 1Co_12:1-27; 1Co_13:13; Jas_1:25.
1) “And if any man shall take away," (kai ean tis aphele) "And if anyone takes away," scissors, excises, cuts away, denies, or rejects the book, the message or testimony, none other exists to guide to glory. "Don't change it, just let it alone."

2) "From the words of the book of this prophecy," (apo ton logon tou bibliou tes propheteias tautes) "From the words of the scroll of this prophecy," the message cut short, compromised, leaves no other hope, no other Redeemer; It must be accepted with the gospel, as is, or there is no hope, 1Co_15:11-20; Gal_1:6-9.

3) "God shall take away," (aphelei ho theos) "God will take away or remove;” his holy Spirit works in connection with the Word of God, rightly divided, apart from which there can be no name entered the book of eternal life and no entrance into the Holy City, the bride, the Lamb's wife, the Church, Mat_28:18-20.

4) "His part out of the book of life," (to meros autou apo tou ksulou tes zoes) "His part (or right, privilege) from the tree of life;” for as there is no true gospel without the resurrection of the dead, (1Co_15:11-18), there is no safe guide to glory apart from the Word of God, as it is, 2Ti_3:16-17.

Blessings in Christ Jesus Johann! Thank you for spending the time writing this. And yet the words spoken to you will come to pass. Perhaps they are found within these words found in the Book(The Bible) And" I will finish the work I started in you."

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Blessings in Christ Jesus Johann! Thank you for spending the time writing this. And yet the words spoken to you will come to pass. Perhaps they are found within these words found in the Book(The Bible) And" I will finish the work I started in you."
Actually not my words but from a source I hold dear--as if it is my words.
Shalom
J.

Reactions: GTW27

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please see the last chapter. Nothing more to be added.
Okay, good, let's look at it:

Revelation 22​
And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.
6 Then he said to me, “These words are faithful and true.” And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place.
7 “Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
8 Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.
9 Then he said to me, “See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.” 10 And he said to me, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand. 11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”
12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
I have made bold the passages that pertain to your claim of "no more...prophets."

First, verse 10 says Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book." Then verses 18-19 warns anyone who "adds" or "takes away from the words of the book" By saying "no more...prophets" you have in effect attempted to "seal" and "take away" the prophecies--not by taking away any words written here, but by taking away there fulfillment, attempting to sealing them from fulfillment by the way in which it is also written.

Whether one considers "this book" as referring only to the book of Revelation, or the entire Bible, it doesn't matter...as even the fulfillment of the prophecies of Revelation are to be--not sealed, not stopped, but fulfilled. Just as with the law, Jesus' answer was also a foretelling of what would come, saying, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill." --Not just the Law, but also the Prophets, and not to seal or take away, but to fulfill.

It is in the book of the Revelation that the greater scope of prophecy is stated, saying, "but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets." Thus, "the mystery of God" not being "finished", at the end of John's testimony and "this book", there being "finished" remained at that time yet to be "fulfilled." Which is not to "add to", but rather to "fulfill" just as Jesus had foretold. Which none shall take away or seal.

What remains to be "fulfilled" then, is "the mystery of God would be finished" "in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See post #29.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Okay, good, let's look at it:

Revelation 22​
And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.
6 Then he said to me, “These words are faithful and true.” And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place.
7 “Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
8 Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.
9 Then he said to me, “See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.” 10 And he said to me, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand. 11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”
12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
I have made bold the passages that pertain to your claim of "no more...prophets."

First, verse 10 says Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book." Then verses 18-19 warns anyone who "adds" or "takes away from the words of the book" By saying "no more...prophets" you have in effect attempted to "seal" and "take away" the prophecies--not by taking away any words written here, but by taking away there fulfillment, attempting to sealing them from fulfillment by the way in which it is also written.

Whether one considers "this book" as referring only to the book of Revelation, or the entire Bible, it doesn't matter...as even the fulfillment of the prophecies of Revelation are to be--not sealed, not stopped, but fulfilled. Just as with the law, Jesus' answer was also a foretelling of what would come, saying, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill." --Not just the Law, but also the Prophets, and not to seal or take away, but to fulfill.

It is in the book of the Revelation that the greater scope of prophecy is stated, saying, "but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets." Thus, "the mystery of God" not being "finished", at the end of John's testimony and "this book", there being "finished" remained at that time yet to be "fulfilled." Which is not to "add to", but rather to "fulfill" just as Jesus had foretold. Which none shall take away or seal.

What remains to be "fulfilled" then, is "the mystery of God would be finished" "in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel."
Do you see little "prophets" running around?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see little "prophets" running around?
That doesn't sound like a serious question. But I will answer.

As "the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy" and God has poured out His spirit "upon all flesh" beginning at Pentecost, prophets are definitely here until the end of days, but both true and false, good and evil.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree to disagree @ScottA
It is certainly a choice to stop before all is fulfilled, but it is not recommended. Nor is it scriptural.

Unfortunately, most take the position that prophecy is limited to what is "new", and yet that is not the case.

Prophecy also includes some of the finer details and also the declaration of those things that have been prophesied before they are about to be "fulfilled." This was Jesus' answer regarding the law and the prophets, saying ""Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."

Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”​

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last prophet was John Baptist and Jesus. Ephesians chapter 4:11. Their are different offices and functions for servants of God. James chapter 1:1. My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. The word masters means = Teachers. In this last generation. It's pastors or teachers or evangelists. I documented this.

How then do you reconcile Daniel being told, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end", and "the sounding of the seventh angel" of Revelation being revealed?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is certainly a choice to stop before all is fulfilled, but it is not recommended. Nor is it scriptural.

Unfortunately, most take the position that prophecy is limited to what is "new", and yet that is not the case.

Prophecy also includes some of the finer details and also the declaration of those things that have been prophesied before they are about to be "fulfilled." This was Jesus' answer regarding the law and the prophets, saying ""Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."
I don't understand where I have a "choice to stop "BEFORE all is fulfilled?"--are you preteristic in your beliefs?

Think not, &c. = Deem not for a moment. A very necessary warning against making this mount another Sinai, and promulgating the laws of the kingdom proclaimed in and from Mat_4:17.

I am come = I have come. Implying former existence. Compare Mat_8:10.

destroy = pull down, as in Mat_26:61.

the law. The first of fifteen references to the Law by Christ (Mat_5:17, Mat_5:18; Mat_7:12; Mat_11:13; Mat_12:5; Mat_22:40; Mat_23:23. Luk_10:26; Luk_16:6, Luk_16:17; Luk_24:44. Joh_7:19, Joh_7:19, Joh_7:23; Joh_8:17; Joh_10:34; Joh_15:25), five of these coupled with "Moses".

1) "Think not that I am come," (me nomisete hoti ethon) "Think not (within yourselves) that I came," of my own will and accord, as a civil revolutionary or insurrectionist, against either established government or religious orders.

2) "To destroy the law, or the prophets:" (katalusai ton nomon he tous prophetas) "To destroy or abrogate the law or the prophets," under which Israel had been trustee or custodian of a program of sacrifices and Divine worship and service for near 1,500 years. For these had 'pointed to Jesus Christ as the one and only hope and way of salvation from sin, Luk_16:29-31; Act_10:43; Gal_3:22-25.

3) "I am not come to destroy," (ouk elthon katalusai came not to destroy," abrogate, annul or demean the law or the authority and principles of the law, Luk_16:16; Luk_19:10. He came to save the bad, not to destroy the good.

4) "But to fulfill." (alla plerosai) "But instead, to fulfill," that of which the law and the prophets spoke and witnessed by word, type, shadow, and object lessons, as He Himself explained, Luk_24:44-45. Jesus came to fulfill or live up to the demands of the Holy Law, then die for all who had fallen short of its standards and demands, Gal_3:13; 1Pe_2:24; 2Pe_3:18.
Jesus "made under the law", Gal_4:4, lived in perfect obedience to meet the standards of the law, Joh_8:46, fulfilled the types and shadows of the law, Gal_3:13-14; 1Pe_2:21-23, thus establishing the holiness of the law, Gal_6:2.

---There are so many adversaries, Jews, , Socinians, Anabaptists, Antinomians, &c., that make their advantages of this text, for the establishing their several errors, that it would require a volume to vindicate it from their several exceptions; those who desire satisfaction may read Spanhemius Dub. Evang. 12.3. The plain sense of the text is this: It would have been a great cavil, with the Jews especially, (who had a great reverence for the law), if either our Saviour’s enemies amongst them could have persuaded people that Christ came to destroy the law and the prophets, or his own hearers had entertained from his discourse any such apprehensions. Our Saviour designing, in his following discourse, to give a more full and strict interpretation of the law than had been given by the Pharisees and other Jewish doctors, prefaces that discourse with a protestation against his coming

to fulfil it. It is manifest, by his following discourse, that he principally spake of the moral law, though he also fulfilled the ceremonial law, he being the Antitype in whom all the types of that had their complement, and real fulfilling and accomplishment. Saith he, I am not come to destroy and put an end to the moral law. I am come to fulfil it: not to fill it up, as papists and Socinians contend, adding any new precept to it; but by yielding myself a personal obedience to it, by giving a fuller and stricter interpretation of it than you have formerly had, and by taking the curse of it (so far as concerneth my disciples) upon myself, and giving a just satisfaction to Divine justice for it.

The greatest objection urged against Christ destroying part of the law, and adding new precepts to the moral law, is that about the change of the sabbath; but this is none, if we consider that the moral law required no more than one day of seven to be kept as a day of holy rest, not this or that particular day; for the particular day, the Jews learned it from the ceremonial law, as Christians learn theirs from Christ’s and the apostles’ practice.

Nor is it any objection against this, that the seventh day from the creation is mentioned in the law, to those who know how to distinguish between the precept and the argument; the seventh from the creation is not in the precept, but in the argument, For in six days, & c. Now there is nothing more ordinary than to have arguments of a particular temporary concernment used to enforce precepts of an eternal obligation, where the precepts were first given to that particular people, as to whom those arguments were of force, an instance of which is in the first commandment, as well as in this: as, on the other side, arguments of universal force are oft annexed to precepts, which had but a particular obligation upon a particular people for a time. Thus in the ceremonial law, we often find it is an argument to enforce many ceremonial precepts, For I am the Lord thy God.
Poole.

The reason why I believe there is no new revelation and no more prophets.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since Revelation is the FINAL book of the Bible, it in fact refers to the Bible and all genuine prophecies. Why would any other prophecies be necessary when that is how John CLOSED the Bible?

Prophecy is not limited to "new" things that will come to be, but also include the announcement of previous prophecies before they spring forth:

Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand where I have a "choice to stop "BEFORE all is fulfilled?"--are you preteristic in your beliefs?

Think not, &c. = Deem not for a moment. A very necessary warning against making this mount another Sinai, and promulgating the laws of the kingdom proclaimed in and from Mat_4:17.

I am come = I have come. Implying former existence. Compare Mat_8:10.

destroy = pull down, as in Mat_26:61.

the law. The first of fifteen references to the Law by Christ (Mat_5:17, Mat_5:18; Mat_7:12; Mat_11:13; Mat_12:5; Mat_22:40; Mat_23:23. Luk_10:26; Luk_16:6, Luk_16:17; Luk_24:44. Joh_7:19, Joh_7:19, Joh_7:23; Joh_8:17; Joh_10:34; Joh_15:25), five of these coupled with "Moses".

1) "Think not that I am come," (me nomisete hoti ethon) "Think not (within yourselves) that I came," of my own will and accord, as a civil revolutionary or insurrectionist, against either established government or religious orders.

2) "To destroy the law, or the prophets:" (katalusai ton nomon he tous prophetas) "To destroy or abrogate the law or the prophets," under which Israel had been trustee or custodian of a program of sacrifices and Divine worship and service for near 1,500 years. For these had 'pointed to Jesus Christ as the one and only hope and way of salvation from sin, Luk_16:29-31; Act_10:43; Gal_3:22-25.

3) "I am not come to destroy," (ouk elthon katalusai came not to destroy," abrogate, annul or demean the law or the authority and principles of the law, Luk_16:16; Luk_19:10. He came to save the bad, not to destroy the good.

4) "But to fulfill." (alla plerosai) "But instead, to fulfill," that of which the law and the prophets spoke and witnessed by word, type, shadow, and object lessons, as He Himself explained, Luk_24:44-45. Jesus came to fulfill or live up to the demands of the Holy Law, then die for all who had fallen short of its standards and demands, Gal_3:13; 1Pe_2:24; 2Pe_3:18.
Jesus "made under the law", Gal_4:4, lived in perfect obedience to meet the standards of the law, Joh_8:46, fulfilled the types and shadows of the law, Gal_3:13-14; 1Pe_2:21-23, thus establishing the holiness of the law, Gal_6:2.

---There are so many adversaries, Jews, , Socinians, Anabaptists, Antinomians, &c., that make their advantages of this text, for the establishing their several errors, that it would require a volume to vindicate it from their several exceptions; those who desire satisfaction may read Spanhemius Dub. Evang. 12.3. The plain sense of the text is this: It would have been a great cavil, with the Jews especially, (who had a great reverence for the law), if either our Saviour’s enemies amongst them could have persuaded people that Christ came to destroy the law and the prophets, or his own hearers had entertained from his discourse any such apprehensions. Our Saviour designing, in his following discourse, to give a more full and strict interpretation of the law than had been given by the Pharisees and other Jewish doctors, prefaces that discourse with a protestation against his coming

to fulfil it. It is manifest, by his following discourse, that he principally spake of the moral law, though he also fulfilled the ceremonial law, he being the Antitype in whom all the types of that had their complement, and real fulfilling and accomplishment. Saith he, I am not come to destroy and put an end to the moral law. I am come to fulfil it: not to fill it up, as papists and Socinians contend, adding any new precept to it; but by yielding myself a personal obedience to it, by giving a fuller and stricter interpretation of it than you have formerly had, and by taking the curse of it (so far as concerneth my disciples) upon myself, and giving a just satisfaction to Divine justice for it.

The greatest objection urged against Christ destroying part of the law, and adding new precepts to the moral law, is that about the change of the sabbath; but this is none, if we consider that the moral law required no more than one day of seven to be kept as a day of holy rest, not this or that particular day; for the particular day, the Jews learned it from the ceremonial law, as Christians learn theirs from Christ’s and the apostles’ practice.

Nor is it any objection against this, that the seventh day from the creation is mentioned in the law, to those who know how to distinguish between the precept and the argument; the seventh from the creation is not in the precept, but in the argument, For in six days, & c. Now there is nothing more ordinary than to have arguments of a particular temporary concernment used to enforce precepts of an eternal obligation, where the precepts were first given to that particular people, as to whom those arguments were of force, an instance of which is in the first commandment, as well as in this: as, on the other side, arguments of universal force are oft annexed to precepts, which had but a particular obligation upon a particular people for a time. Thus in the ceremonial law, we often find it is an argument to enforce many ceremonial precepts, For I am the Lord thy God.
Poole.

The reason why I believe there is no new revelation and no more prophets.
There is no need to go on about Jesus' intentions, as He stated them clearly. My point was, He included the prophets which were not to be "finished" until "the sounding of the seventh angel" which would "finish" "the mystery of God"...which was not finished during John's testimony, nor even until now.

In saying "stop "BEFORE all is fulfilled", I was referring to what remains of the sounding of the seventh angel of Revelation...and for that matter, what was sealed of Daniel's vision only to be revealed at the last.

Last edited: