There is more than one set of apocryphas.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOl has no interest in the truth, He loves his religion and he will go to the grave for it. I have watched him tear down far to many innocent people.

I whole heartedly believe that he loves his religion and will go to the grave for it. I AM NO DIFFERENT! Are you?

I wouldn't word it that way. He has his beliefs. He has his doctrine. And it isn't even his! He is pointing to something above himself. He isn't saying, "this is what I believe"; he is saying, "this is what my Church teaches". And he has faith in that. He puts his beliefs secondary tothis Churches, which (right or wrong) he believes is Christ inspired.

To say he has no interest in truth is a rediculous statement. I am not saying he knows the truth, nor am I saying he doesn't. For the time being I am staying clear from that. Mjrhealth... Have you and I ever disagreed? And if so... Are you saying the same about me? I don't keep a list but I think there is not a long standing member on this board i haven't disagreed with at some time. I think you and I have clashed... BButwould i say the same about you or vice versa?

So there is FHII truth, Mjrhealth truth and BOL truth.... Yet he isn't intersarested in truth? he can say the same thing... He often does throw back that kind of shade. He is at fault for throwing it, but not for instagating it.

I too have watched him. He does tear into people. He is insilulting and abrasive. Thats terrible. I truly wish he'd change his demeanor. But I ain't in his shoes.

For Pete's sake... He endures hearing his Church and faith being called the whore, the beast, the antichrist and countless other names and you get upset when he hits back?

If you are offended by BOL:
1. Grow a backbone
2. Grow some thicker skin (and if this wasn't a Chriatian forum, I'd tell you to "grow a pair")
3. Quit poking the Catholic tiger if you are offended by what tigers do when you mess with them.

Bol ain't no reed shaking in the wind.

Reactions: aspen and historyb

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As I would and anyone who believes in their Religion should.
Unfortunately the church of Rome has created a religion which can be justly called "False Christianity". So every Catholic has a duty to examine their religion in the light of Scripture (which rightly excludes the Deutero-canonical books). For example the doctrine of Purgatory is pure fiction.

Reactions: tzcho2

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I would and anyone who believes in their Religion should.
We are suppose to love Christ and follow after Him, not mens man made religions and ideologies.

Mar 10:29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
Mar 10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Reactions: Taken and tzcho2

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I whole heartedly believe that he loves his religion and will go to the grave for it. I AM NO DIFFERENT! Are you?
Christ is not a religion, He isnt made by men, I dont have a religion, I left man made denominations years ago, as Jesus put it,

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Its already almost cost me my life once...

Reactions: tzcho2

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes - PAUL was taught directly by Christ - not YOU.

Jesus told the leaders of HIS Church to TEACH all nations and baptize them (Matt. 28:19).
Maybe in your ignorant arrogance - you missed this "bit" . . .

1 Cor. 12:27-31
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third TEACHERS, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? ARE ALL TEACHERS? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

We learn from Christ's CHURCH . . .
Yes , truly I wish that "you" would learn from Christ's Church but your understanding is a mix of darkness and light. ROME isn't Christ's Church, it has nothing in common with the Biblical church or the spiritual church. Peter was not the first Pope, as the RCC teaches and Peter did not pass on his Apostolic authority to Rome.
Btw, typing your wrong opinions & very Wrong interpretations of the Scripture in a Really , Really large Font doesn't make it "look" any more correct.
You are a soldier of the Roman Catholic Church-- not of Christ, & you promote their dogma. The Roman Catholic Church, promotes a corruption of scriptures in order to lift itself up in power and authority. It has gotten filthy rich doing so. The Apostles were poor, not prosperous , they were not decked out in ornate robes and bowed to by the common people. Every comparison to biblical Christianity found in the Bible, should make it obvious, that the Rcc is not Christ's church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just never missed this but

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

you used to be a pain now you are just fun, when people want to know what a pharisee is, i can just point them to your posts.

Enjoy the day, i surely will.
And what you posted simply supports what I said before.
We are taught by the Church. - as Christ prescribed (Matt. 28:19) . . .

Reactions: historyb

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously do you purposefully try to misunderstand and misrepresent? You misperception is really over the top. What has the deceptive Priesthood been feeding you about Protestants? When did I say Jesus got His words from the Bible? Though, Jesus did quote the scripture a lot. But, tell me , where did you first hear or read the Gospel? in a fortune cookie? or perhaps a unicorn told you? The precious words of Jesus have been recorded and written in the Holy scripture.
It's really ironic that you love to over do your posts with scriptures that you take out of context, thinking they back up your point of view.
WRONG.

In post #65 - YOU stated the following:
"Jesus words come from the Bible not from anywhere else"

YOU said that - I didn't.
Nobody is "misrepresenting" anything. If that's NOT what you meant - then you should be more careful about the things you post next time.

I warned you from the beginning that I would expose you if you chose to be dishonest . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

Nobody is "misrepresenting" anything. If that's NOT what you meant - then you should be more careful about the things you post next time.

I warned you from the beginning that I would expose you if you chose to be dishonest . . .
YA the reason I stated it that way is because the Roman Catholic Church historically thinks it can SPEAK for Christ , and that is a LIE from the PIT of HELL.
Not thinking for ONE moment that you wouldn't Comprehend that I'm referring that the Word of GOD is in the BIBLE only --it's NOT in the LYING Cult of Roman Catholicism that tries at every turn to USURP the Authority of CHRIST & sell salvation. I've attended many Masses & know first hand what the religious man made institution of the RCC believes and promotes.

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

The Arrogance & Pride of Roman Catholicsm strutting around as per usual. You are spiritually deceived. I take no lectures from one who spreads false teachings.
The RCC usurps God's Holy Authority , teaches a False Gospel, Preaches false doctrines & promotes religious dogma, pagan practices of praying to the dead, goddess worship, and the false teaching of -worship of statues & images of Mary & the dead RC saints ----
Sorry it is Evident the RCC is a FALSE RELIGION and Knows nothing about Truth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes , truly I wish that "you" would learn from Christ's Church but your understanding is a mix of darkness and light. ROME isn't Christ's Church, it has nothing in common with the Biblical church or the spiritual church. Peter was not the first Pope, as the RCC teaches and Peter did not pass on his Apostolic authority to Rome.
Btw, typing your wrong opinions & very Wrong interpretations of the Scripture in a Really , Really large Font doesn't make it "look" any more correct.
You are a soldier of the Roman Catholic Church-- not of Christ, & you promote their dogma. The Roman Catholic Church, promotes a corruption of scriptures in order to lift itself up in power and authority. It has gotten filthy rich doing so. The Apostles were poor, not prosperous , they were not decked out in ornate robes and bowed to by the common people. Every comparison to biblical Christianity found in the Bible, should make it obvious, that the Rcc is not Christ's church.
Well, there are so many thing wrong with this post - it's difficult to know where to begin . . .

Let's start with your first moronic statement that "ROME isn't Christ's Church".
Ummmmm - WHO ever said that it was?? Rome is a city - NOT a Church. Not sure how you could conflate the two . . .

Secondly - your statement that Peter wasn't the first Pope. Technically, you're right. the word "Pope" isn't even an official title. It is merely a term of endearment that simply means "Papa" or "Father".

NOW - let's deal with your idiotic notions about the "RCC" or "Roman Catholic Church".
There ius no such thing as a "Roman Catholic Church". the terms "Roman" Catholic simply refers to the RITE - and there are TWENTY Rites that comprise the Catholic Church. Among them are the Ruthenian Rite, Byzantine, Coptic, Maronite, Melkite, etc.

The official title of the Catholic Church is . . . "The Catholic Church". NOT "Rome", not the "RCC", not the "Roman" Catholic Church. Just, "The Catholic Church."
Those other monikers are simply evidence that the person using them is ignorant . . .

Finally - as to your dislike for my use of textual formatting. When people start complaining about formatting - it usually means that they've run OUT of useful things to say.

The ONLY reason you dislike it is because of your personal disdain for me or the Catholic Church. EVERYBODY else uses it in his forum - but you only dislike MY use of it. Maybe an online forum is not the best place for you to be spending your time if this bothers you so much.

So, either get over it or find another hobby . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YA the reason I stated it that way is because the Roman Catholic Church historically thinks it can SPEAK for Christ , and that is a LIE from the PIT of HELL.
Not thinking for ONE moment that you wouldn't Comprehend that I'm referring that the Word of GOD is in the BIBLE only --it's NOT in the LYING Cult of Roman Catholicism that tries at every turn to USURP the Authority of CHRIST & sell salvation. I've attended many Masses & know first hand what the religious man made institution of the RCC believes and promotes.
Actually - this comment just magnifies your ignorance of Scripture.
Jesus Himself gave His Church the Authority to speak on His behalf:
Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

You keep referring the the "lying cult" of Catholicism but you haven't been able to point out ONE single lie.
WHY is that??

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - this comment just magnifies your ignorance of Scripture.
Jesus Himself gave His Church the Authority to speak on His behalf:
Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

You keep referring the the "lying cult" of Catholicism but you haven't been able to point out ONE single lie.
WHY is that??
You are very unpleasant and arrogant along with being spiritually misguided.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Arrogance & Pride of Roman Catholicsm strutting around as per usual. You are spiritually deceived. I take no lectures from one who spreads false teachings.
The RCC usurps God's Holy Authority , teaches a False Gospel, Preaches false doctrines & promotes religious dogma, pagan practices of praying to the dead, goddess worship, and the false teaching of -worship of statues & images of Mary & the dead RC saints ----
Sorry it is Evident the RCC is a FALSE RELIGION and Knows nothing about Truth.
And there you go again making asinine generalizations without actually specifying anything.
Also, your comical use of "RCC" and "Roman Catholicism" really shows your ignorance . . .

As to "goddes worship" and "worshiping statues", etc. - you have PROVEN that you are ignorant of ALL things Catholic.

So - I am openly challenging you to:
Show me the official Catholic teachings on WORSHIPING Mary.
WORSHIPING the Saints.
WORSHIPING Statues.

I wan't official teachings from the Catechism . . .

PS - Can you ALSO show me where the Bible says that those in Heaven are "DEAD" as YOU put it??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I simply give you Biblical answers that you cannot respond to.

I WARNED you that I would expose you if you tried to be as dishonest as some of the others around here - but you didn't listen . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be sort of new here – so I’ll tell you what I’ve told other anti-Catholics here . . .

I am here for ONE reason and ONE reason only: To expose LIES about the Catholic Church and to set the record straight.

I’m NOT here to make friends or to see how many “Likes” I can accumulate.
I am ONLY here so that others who come here seeking straight answers won’t be seduced by the kinds of lies that YOU and other anti-Catholics spew here with impunity. If I DO make friends here - that's a nice bonus.

EVERYBODY has a right to know the truth so they can make up their OWN minds – and I won’t allow people like YOU to rob them of it.

So – you’ve been given fair warning . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I simply give you Biblical answers that you cannot respond to.

I WARNED you that I would expose you if you tried to be as dishonest as some of the others around here - but you didn't listen . . .
Wrong.
Your attitude is really something else. The question is do ask myself constantly is if I want to take the time to go thru every scripture that you post in response and correct the errors that you will ignore anyway-- & believe me , they are multiple, basically every scripture you've posted you give a RC distorted twist to it thinking it agrees with the RC dogma ... when you are so extremely unpleasant, condescending and a religiously self-deluded rc dude. But it is an exercise in patience for me. :cool: :D

Reactions: Taken

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be sort of new here – so I’ll tell you what I’ve told other anti-Catholics here . . .

I am here for ONE reason and ONE reason only: To expose LIES about the Catholic Church and to set the record straight.

I’m NOT here to make friends or to see how many “Likes” I can accumulate.
I am ONLY here so that others who come here seeking straight answers won’t be seduced by the kinds of lies that YOU and other anti-Catholics spew here with impunity. If I DO make friends here - that's a nice bonus.

EVERYBODY has a right to know the truth so they can make up their OWN minds – and I won’t allow people like YOU to rob them of it.

So – you’ve been given fair warning . . .
The Rc church has lead people to hell.