They are without excuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But now thinking about it. If all we see are physical healings, and demonic possession cast out, a withered hand restored, and bread given with an earthly perspective…Is Christ Jesus a poor reflection of those things above. Or is our eyesight poor? (Short-sighted?)
Quite often, and especially among those who are newer in their walk with God, shadows are what are seen. We need to want to see better than that. We need to want to grow and we need to grow: from minimal perception to clearly.

1co 13:9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1co 13:10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1co 13:11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Mr 8:23And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
Mr 8:24And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
Mr 8:25After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite often, and especially among those who are newer in their walk with God, shadows are what are seen. We need to want to see better than that. We need to want to grow and we need to grow: from minimal perception to clearly.

1co 13:10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1co 13:11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Mr 8:23And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
Mr 8:25After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.
Love! Love seeing you post also! ❤️Are you teaching us to appreciate you more by the fewer visits? If so, it sure is working! I’m just joking. But I do miss you when you are absent. Hope you are continuing to regain energy back.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love! Love seeing you post also! ❤️Are you teaching us to appreciate you more by the fewer visits? If so, it sure is working! I’m just joking. But I do miss you when you are absent. Hope you are continuing to regain energy back.
I move more slowly these days in body and within... but I do move in fact. I only read a small fraction of the all the posts posted on this forum these days and rarely do I even visit any other forums.

Every morning I have my private time with God. That is where it begins. Where it goes from there depends on what God does or what He leads me to do. It also, of course, depends on me and my attitude [spirit or Spirit]. I will be 80 in December so my age is a factor and that cancer and the therapy [chemo] have also made a difference.

Moses led the people out of Egypt when he was 80. I do not believe I can keep up with that... but I won't tempt God by saying 'nay'. For God all things are possible. My wife has always been at my side and on my side, but she needs support herself. Our children [son and daughter] and grandchildren are helping to take up the slack. God does know how get things done. Give God the glory!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I move more slowly these days in body and within... but I do move in fact. I only read a small fraction of the all the posts posted on this forum these days and rarely do I even visit any other forums.

Every morning I have my private time with God. That is where it begins. Where it goes from there depends on what God does or what He leads me to do. It also, of course, depends on me and my attitude [spirit or Spirit]. I will be 80 in December so my age is a factor and that cancer and the therapy [chemo] have also made a difference.

Moses led the people out of Egypt when he was 80. I do not believe I can keep up with that... but I won't tempt God by saying 'nay'. For God all things are possible. My wife has always been at my side and on my side, but she needs support herself. Our children [son and daughter] and grandchildren are helping to take up the slack. God does know how get things done. Give God the glory!
You are a role model. I hope and pray if I ever face the things you have faced, and walk as long as you have walked …that I will continue to have hope and trust giving God the glory. And I hope there will be comfort as your wife has brought you comfort. To me that would be a blessing, to be given the strength to “I move more slowly these days in body and within... but I do move in fact.” Thank you for always sharing your walk with Him because it does offer encouragement to others. (Imo)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a role model. I hope and pray if I ever face the things you have faced, and walk as long as you have walked …that I will continue to have hope and trust giving God the glory. And I hope there will be comfort as your wife has brought you comfort. To me that would be a blessing, to be given the strength to “I move more slowly these days in body and within... but I do move in fact.” Thank you for always sharing your walk with Him because it does offer encouragement to others. (Imo)
Thank you sister! May God richly bless you and yours as you walk with Him.

• Love
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But now thinking about it. If all we see are physical healings, and demonic possession cast out, a withered hand restored, and bread given with an earthly perspective…Is Christ Jesus a poor reflection of those things above. Or is our eyesight poor? (Short-sighted?)

If you look at these things in the light of Christ rather in the image of Jesus, you'll see them properly and clearly.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Excellent!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you look at these things in the light of Christ rather in the image of Jesus, you'll see them properly and clearly.
Still visiting some of the post here. It is dwindling here but a few thoughts I still have…

One: I didn’t mention it at the time but where you mentioned His throne and footstool…saying if anything you wish this would be seen because it changes the perspective. I didn’t understand what you meant there. I wanted to. But I couldn’t.

Second. As I was reading in the OT regarding this thread, one thing that stood out were the steps to the throne. Are “six days” a reflection of “six steps”?
Exodus 16:26 Six days you shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.

For example where He speaks of those things on the steps leading to the Throne…no seventh step is mentioned…only six steps to the Throne, is the seventh Rest?

Genesis 2:1-3 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2] And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. [3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

I’ve never noticed the six steps before with six days and the seventh (His Throne)He rested …

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still visiting some of the post here. It is dwindling here but a few thoughts I still have…

One: I didn’t mention it at the time but where you mentioned His throne and footstool…saying if anything you wish this would be seen because it changes the perspective. I didn’t understand what you meant there. I wanted to. But I couldn’t.

Second. As I was reading in the OT regarding this thread, one thing that stood out were the steps to the throne. Are “six days” a reflection of “six steps”?
Exodus 16:26 Six days you shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.

For example where He speaks of those things on the steps leading to the Throne…no seventh step is mentioned…only six steps to the Throne, is the seventh Rest?

Genesis 2:1-3 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2] And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. [3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

I’ve never noticed the six steps before with six days and the seventh (His Throne)He rested …

Sigh. This is one of those areas where about all I can offer you is a stomach ache.

His Kingdom is within. Heaven is His throne. God is spirit. If you want to understand heavenly things you have to focus on these things above-- this higher understanding, and forget for a moment any image you might have of it. We know from the teachings of Jesus the truth-- that God doesn't dwell on earth in temples made by human hands, rather He dwells in us. That we are the house, or meeting tent, or temple, or dwelling place of God. This is why it is said that the Kingdom of heaven is within. Anyone who has ever gotten a glimpse of this kingdom has seen it only in spirit, because it is not a physical place, but spiritual in nature. You have to consider it in those terms. Moses saw it in spirit. Ezekiel, in spirit. Isaiah- in spirit, and so on.... because the spiritual realm is only encountered in spirit. And of all these things seen in spirit, God commanded-- don't make a copy. Of course, Moses missed the point and proceeded to make copies of absolutely everything he had seen. But as mentioned elsewhere the things seen in spirit have their own meanings and associations and to ignore those associations is to miss entirely the intended meaning after which you will lack understanding. Moses chose to replicate everything he had been shown in a rather literal way. In spirit he sees these winged beings, or beasts/animals surrounding the throne of God in heaven, and so he orders that copies on earth be made. He attempts to recreate those things seen in spirit, on earth. Things could not have gone worse. And David tries to one up Moses--- his desire is to build a better venue, and he passes his vision for this earthly ministry on to his son........ sounds a lot like almost every mega church ever.

But the spiritual reality is nothing like that. Heaven is His throne.... and the earth is merely a footstool-- a place where on occasion He sets His feet. He is above, the earth below.

You might note that those six steps were leading up to Solomon's throne. It took him seven years to construct the temple... thirteen to build himself a palace and in it the Hall of Justice, where he sat and judged upon this throne and none could approach it without bowing and being summoned up. Such a poor image indeed. But as far as the concept goes-- yes, 6 steps-- 12 lions, and on the seventh-- His resting place, His throne-- and His feet resting on earth. And on either side of this throne-- two winged ones.

Don't make the mistake of falling for the image, the reality is so much better.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh. This is one of those areas where about all I can offer you is a stomach ache.

His Kingdom is within. Heaven is His throne. God is spirit. If you want to understand heavenly things you have to focus on these things above-- this higher understanding, and forget for a moment any image you might have of it. We know from the teachings of Jesus the truth-- that God doesn't dwell on earth in temples made by human hands, rather He dwells in us. That we are the house, or meeting tent, or temple, or dwelling place of God. This is why it is said that the Kingdom of heaven is within. Anyone who has ever gotten a glimpse of this kingdom has seen it only in spirit, because it is not a physical place, but spiritual in nature. You have to consider it in those terms. Moses saw it in spirit. Ezekiel, in spirit. Isaiah- in spirit, and so on.... because the spiritual realm is only encountered in spirit. And of all these things seen in spirit, God commanded-- don't make a copy. Of course, Moses missed the point and proceeded to make copies of absolutely everything he had seen. But as mentioned elsewhere the things seen in spirit have their own meanings and associations and to ignore those associations is to miss entirely the intended meaning after which you will lack understanding. Moses chose to replicate everything he had been shown in a rather literal way. In spirit he sees these winged beings, or beasts/animals surrounding the throne of God in heaven, and so he orders that copies on earth be made. He attempts to recreate those things seen in spirit, on earth. Things could not have gone worse. And David tries to one up Moses--- his desire is to build a better venue, and he passes his vision for this earthly ministry on to his son........ sounds a lot like almost every mega church ever.

But the spiritual reality is nothing like that. Heaven is His throne.... and the earth is merely a footstool-- a place where on occasion He sets His feet. He is above, the earth below.

You might note that those six steps were leading up to Solomon's throne. It took him seven years to construct the temple... thirteen to build himself a palace and in it the Hall of Justice, where he sat and judged upon this throne and none could approach it without bowing and being summoned up. Such a poor image indeed. But as far as the concept goes-- yes, 6 steps-- 12 lions, and on the seventh-- His resting place, His throne-- and His feet resting on earth. And on either side of this throne-- two winged ones.

Don't make the mistake of falling for the image, the reality is so much better.
Odd you said “Sigh. This is one of those areas where about all I can offer you is a stomach ache.”

Because 1 Timothy 5:23 Lexicon: No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.

You may say or think “you are all over the place.” But that verse is always on my mind…I don’t understand it but have always thought help is in it. Comfort. To me it may have something to do with what you keep saying on perspective.

Thanks for replying. You don’t really answer or that I could understand lol, but I respect that. To me you keep pointing up and not down. Which is an answer in itself?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Odd you said “Sigh. This is one of those areas where about all I can offer you is a stomach ache.”

Because 1 Timothy 5:23 Lexicon: No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.

You may say or think “you are all over the place.” But that verse is always on my mind…I don’t understand it but have always thought help is in it. Comfort. To me it may have something to do with what you keep saying on perspective.

Thanks for replying. You don’t really answer or that I could understand lol, but I respect that. To me you keep pointing up and not down. Which is an answer in itself?

It’s like I’ve been told a time or two…

I keep pointing at the moon right in front of your face, and you keep looking at my finger.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Love
Reactions: Lambano and Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel--

Then there was a voice from above the platform over their heads when they stood still. Above the platform over their heads was something like a sapphire shaped like a throne. High above on the throne was a form that appeared to be a man. I saw an amber glow like a fire enclosed all around from his waist up. From his waist down I saw something that looked like fire. There was a brilliant light around it, like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds after the rain. This was the appearance of the surrounding brilliant light; it looked like the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I threw myself face down, and I heard a voice speaking.

Isaiah--

I saw the Lord seated on a high, elevated throne. The hem of his robe filled the temple. Seraphs stood over him; each one had six wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and they used the remaining two to fly. They called out to one another, “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of Heaven’s Armies! His majestic splendor fills the entire earth!” The sound of their voices shook the door frames, and the temple was filled with smoke.

Moses--

“Come up to the LORD, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and worship from a distance. Moses alone may come near the LORD, but the others must not come near, nor may the people go up with him.”
Moses came and told the people all the LORD’s words and all the decisions. All the people answered together, “We are willing to do all the words that the LORD has said,” and Moses wrote down all the words of the LORD. Early in the morning he built an altar at the foot of the mountain and arranged twelve standing stones —according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

• Love

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this talk about people who openly reject God? Faithless people who decide to go against him as though he is not real?