This generation (sin unto death) shall not pass away, till all (obedience unto righteousness) be fulfilled

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 16:28 - Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

2 Corinthians 4:16 KJV
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Mark 9:1
And he said to them, "Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power."

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Luke 9:27
But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God."

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

John 8:51-52
Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death." [52] The Jews said to him, "Now we know that you have a demon! Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, 'If anyone keeps my word, he will never taste death.'

2 Corinthians 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man (Christ)is renewed day by day.

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish(passes away), yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Mark 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
The outward man will not pass away, till the inward man is renewed. For Christ come to save and not to destroy.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish(passes away), yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Luke 21:32
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish(this generation passes away), yet the inward man is renewed (the regeneration of Christ) day by day.

1 John 2:8 At the same time, it is a new commandment that I am writing to you, which is true in him and in you, because the (this generation of) darkness is passing away and the true light (the Kingdom of God) is already shining.

1 Corinthians 4:4-5 For I am not aware of anything against myself; however I am not vindicated by this, but the one who examines me is the Lord. [5] Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of human hearts; and then praise will come to each person from God.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish(before it passes away), yet (he comes before our outer man passes away) so that before we taste of death, by Him who tasted death for us; to deliver us from death; by Christ the inward man is renewed (strengthened, edified, restored, build up, encouraged in Christ) day by day.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:30-36
He must increase, but I must decrease.

He that comes from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaks of the earth: he that comes from heaven is above all.

And what he has seen and heard, that he testifies; and no man receives his testimony.

He that has received his testimony has set to his seal that God is true.

For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God: for God gives not the Spirit by measure unto him.

The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into his hand.

He that believes on the Son has everlasting life: and he that believes not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abides on him.

he that believes in the Son shall not taste of death (corruption) but has Life. And shall not see death unto He comes?

But he that believes not the Son shall not see Life…but the wrath of God abides on him.? He who hates his brother is in darkness still, and stumbles? Having not seen the Son?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 16:28 - Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

To express this verse simply we need to understand the word from which the word "death" has been translated.

IN my research I believe that this verse should be paraphrased in this manner:

Matthew 16:28 - Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not experience the second death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.​

What Jesus was teaching in this verse is that the judgement as to whether or not a person was righteous would be made at the time of His second coming to judge mankind at the end of the age of the ages, i.e., at the end of the seventh age, and those who were recorded as being unrighteous would at that time be dispatched into the Lake of fire which is the second death.

Shalom

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To express this verse simply we need to understand the word from which the word "death" has been translated.

IN my research I believe that this verse should be paraphrased in this manner:

Matthew 16:28 - Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not experience the second death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.​

What Jesus was teaching in this verse is that the judgement as to whether or not a person was righteous would be made at the time of His second coming to judge mankind at the end of the age of the ages, i.e., at the end of the seventh age, and those who were recorded as being unrighteous would at that time be dispatched into the Lake of fire which is the second death.

Shalom
I don’t know. Going to have to consider it though. You may have a point. I’m thinking of blessed are those of the first resurrection for the second death holds no power over them.

And Hebrews 9:28 Lexicon: so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don’t know. Going to have to consider it though. You may have a point. I’m thinking of blessed are those of the first resurrection for the second death holds no power over them.

And Hebrews 9:28 Lexicon: so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Christ's second coming to judge all of the peoples of the earth, both those who have died, minus the ones who have lost their heads because of their faith and will live at the beginning of the seventh age and will rule with Christ in Heaven, will occur at the very end of the seventh age.

Christ was talking to the people around him in the Matthew 16:28 verse and indicating that the second death was a future event that would occur at the end of the age of the ages when He returned a "second time," which is a man construct.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's second coming to judge all of the peoples of the earth, both those who have died, minus the ones who have lost their heads because of their faith and will live at the beginning of the seventh age and will rule with Christ in Heaven, will occur at the very end of the seventh age.

Christ was talking to the people around him in the Matthew 16:28 verse and indicating that the second death was a future event that would occur at the end of the age of the ages when He returned a "second time," which is a man construct.
Ok. I don’t know about all that. I’m just hopeful in His overcoming death. Whether it’s the first or second death. to me death is synonymous with decay, rot, desecration, corruption, loss and sorrow of never having borne any fruit of Christ, those things which remain. I do think (just my personal opinion) that when he said “this generation will not pass away” before He was speaking of that old man not passing away until Christ returns. There to me seems to be two generations either of Adam or of Christ, either sin unto death, or obedience unto righteousness. I was once under Adam and sin unto death…then Christ came so I could be delivered from the curse and now I’m under Christ; obedience unto righteousness. (Again my personal opinion).

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok. I don’t know about all that. I’m just hopeful in His overcoming death. Whether it’s the first or second death. to me death is synonymous with decay, rot, desecration, corruption, loss and sorrow of never having borne any fruit of Christ, those things which remain. I do think (just my personal opinion) that when he said “this generation will not pass away” before He was speaking of that old man not passing away until Christ returns. There to me seems to be two generations either of Adam or of Christ, either sin unto death, or obedience unto righteousness. I was once under Adam and sin unto death…then Christ came so I could be delivered from the curse and now I’m under Christ; obedience unto righteousness. (Again my personal opinion).

The Matt 24:34 verse is speaking of the whole of the seventh age/generation not passing away. The Greek word "genea" can also have the meaning of an "age."

Jesus was speaking of the Second death in Matt 16:28. Daniel alluded us to this fact as well in Daniel 12 when he wrote: -

Daniel 12:1-3: -
1 “At that time Michael shall stand up,​
The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people;​
And there shall be a time of trouble,​
Such as never was since there was a nation,​
Even to that time.​
And at that time your people shall be delivered,​
Every one who is found written in the book.​
2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,​
Some to everlasting life,​
Some to shame and everlasting contempt. {This line is speaking of the second death at the end of the seventh age.}​
3 Those who are wise shall shine​
Like the brightness of the firmament,​
And those who turn many to righteousness​
Like the stars forever and ever.​

In Matt 16:28 Jesus was also speaking of the second death. That the people standing around Him would die and at his second coming they would be resurrected to stand before Christ to be judged, some to everlasting life, while other who were standing around Jesus when He spoke these words, would be judged and not found to be righteous and as a consequence they will be dispatched into the Lake of fire.

We will always have problems with the English translations that we use because not always is the context of the Greek Texts conveyed into our English texts.

This requires much meditating upon the word of God.

Shalom