This Is Barbaric

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Edit: I'm sorry I didn't know that this video was age restricted but I'm sure you can confirm your age somehow.

Especially since not all bulls are like that. I think part of their aggression is due to human interference. I just learned about this btw after I watched Ferdinand last night.

Reactions: WaterSong

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Edit: I'm sorry I didn't know that this video was age restricted but I'm sure you can confirm your age somehow.

Especially since not all bulls are like that. I think part of their aggression is due to human interference. I just learned about this btw after I watched Ferdinand last night.

Yes, I agree, I've never liked the Jonas brothers too much, if at all. But, 'barbaric' is a bit strong, isn't it? I mean, the song wasn't that bad, was it?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

We had a bull whose head was the size of a wheel barrow and whose body the size of a small truck. He had a paddock for himself and when the cows came into season we would take them to him. At a certain point we let him run with the herd.....he would go through the dairy with them and never caused a problem. As kids we would wander into his paddock from time to time for different reasons. When he saw us he would coming running head down as cattle do (head down ie). We would panic and scramble like frightened rabbits to the nearest fence.

I recall one time in the dairy my father was between the bull and a masonry wall with the bull putting his head down and Dad reaching out and giving him a scratch. The bull could easily have crushed him against the wall. Such are the experiences of a country kid with memories of animals that linger.

As I think back on it we assumed he was out to attack but there was every chance he was just being playful with no harmful intentions. Also, sometimes we would just lie on our backs in the lush grass and the cows would come over (many of them) to check us out...even lick us. We didn't have that fear of the cows which we had for the bull.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We had a bull whose head was the size of a wheel barrow and whose body the size of a small truck. He had a paddock for himself and when the cows came into season we would take them to him. At a certain point we let him run with the herd.....he would go through the dairy with them and never caused a problem. As kids we would wander into his paddock from time to time for different reasons. When he saw us he would coming running head down as cattle do (head down ie). We would panic and scramble like frightened rabbits to the nearest fence.

I recall one time in the dairy my father was between the bull and a masonry wall with the bull putting his head down and Dad reaching out and giving him a scratch. The bull could easily have crushed him against the wall. Such are the experiences of a country kid with memories of animals that linger.

As I think back on it we assumed he was out to attack but there was every chance he was just being playful with no harmful intentions. Also, sometimes we would just lie on our backs in the lush grass and the cows would come over (many of them) to check us out...even lick us. We didn't have that fear of the cows which we had for the bull.
Have very fond memories of cows. Some can be very affectionate. Used to sit down in the middle of the paddock and stay quietly singing. Would be surrounded in no time.
Bulls however didn't need too much provocation to show off their strength... Typical males. Even the bull calves enjoyed knocking you off your feet given the opportunity.

Reactions: amadeus

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah, it's like these:

See playlist also. I had one on 'dogs' in Asia, but youtube pulled it (twice, even after they ok'ed it, very next day after oking it. When I called them out on their hypocrisy through their file a complaint waste of time hotline, they chose to ignore me ever since.)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, it's like these:

See playlist also. I had one on 'dogs' in Asia, but youtube pulled it (twice, even after they ok'ed it, very next day after oking it. When I called them out on their hypocrisy through their file a complaint waste of time hotline, they chose to ignore me ever since.)
That's satanic.

Reactions: April_Rose

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, it's like these:

That seems so wicked .

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, it's like these:

Umm okay,.. that's really weird and sickening at the exact same time. Can't they test their digestion in a more humane way? (Since this doesn't seem humane at all.)

Reactions: amigo de christo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, it's like these:

In the Spring when the clover was lush we had to section off the paddock in strips with an electric fence so the cows didn't gorge. The result of them gorging was getting bloated....seriously bloated to the point of collapsing. One had to move quick if death was to be mitigated. The solution was stabbing them with a knife in that exact spot shown on the video to relieve the pressure.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Spring when the clover was lush we had to section off the paddock in strips with an electric fence so the cows didn't gorge. The result of them gorging was getting bloated....seriously bloated to the point of collapsing. One had to move quick if death was to be mitigated. The solution was stabbing them with a knife in that exact spot shown on the video to relieve the pressure.

Are you serious?

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, but it's fit if it's spreading awareness though.
Think about that subjective observation for a moment . Consider all the evil barbarous acts that . were awareness the litmus test for sharing barbaric videos, would then be able to be published to a Christian forum.
Dog fighting
Cock fighting
Child prostitution. (Incredibly active in the Philippines. A friend was in the service and came into port there for a few. While walking about the downtown they found out they could buy an 8 year old girl for sex. The price? A pack of Saltines.
Bare knuckle fit fights. No rules.
Murder
Sadism

Just to name a few.
And lastly, of all members who posted in this thread I will presume all know what Bullfighting looks like. Me, I root for the bull every time no matter where the event.
I traveled to Mexico years ago. Caught at a light in heavy traffic I was stopped before their bullfighting arena. There was no fight that day. It was high summer, I'd guess the temperature was over 90. The smell of blood filled the car. No matter how much they rake the arena floor, the blood of the bulls remains. :( My luck it was a long light. Not even air conditioning blocked the rank odor. Bull fighting is the work of cowards. If it were an honorable sport, impossible, the Picadors would not precede the Matador.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you serious?
Many cattle farmers use a large bore needle, but a sharp narrow knife is the answer in a pinch.
The best way to avoid bloat in cattle is to not turn them out into a clover field filled with immature clover when they're very hungry. Wet clover at any stage has potential to cause bloat as well.
Cows typically release the buildup of gases while they chew their cud. (Regurgitated plant matter they've already eaten).
Cattle farming is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. :(