This really grabbed me today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Christ didn't represent you at all, therefore the sacrifice God prepared can't atone for your sins?

No I didn’t.
He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God. 1 John 4:2

Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted. Hebrews 2:17-18

For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. (Hebrews 4:15)

So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 1 Corinthians 15:45.

Back in the late first century, those gnasty gnostics developed what's called the Docetic Heresy, based on the Greek word meaning, "to appear". The heresy was that Christ only appeared to be human; he wasn't really human. It was only a show.

As the Hebrews verse states, Jesus could really be tempted, just as you and I can be tempted. He was really Human. Whether He inherited anything from Mary, I don't know; God knows. On the cross, He identified with us in our weakness; in His death He identified with our sin. We are to identify with Him in our lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God. 1 John 4:2
As we are finding Trinitarians don't believe Christ was actually sins flesh as per Romans 8:1-3 Hebrews 2:13-18 - they invented a hybrid nature of some sort to justify Christ's "so called" divinity.

I like your honesty regarding what Jesus inherited from Mary...I suggest his earthly existence and form as we know in mind he become the Logos of God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted. Hebrews 2:17-18

For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. (Hebrews 4:15)

So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 1 Corinthians 15:45.

Back in the late first century, those gnasty gnostics developed what's called the Docetic Heresy, based on the Greek word meaning, "to appear". The heresy was that Christ only appeared to be human; he wasn't really human. It was only a show.

As the Hebrews verse states, Jesus could really be tempted, just as you and I can be tempted. He was really Human. Whether He inherited anything from Mary, I don't know; God knows. On the cross, He identified with us in our weakness; in His death He identified with our sin. We are to identify with Him in our lives.

Have I said Jesus only appeared to be human?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we are finding Trinitarians don't believe Christ was actually sins flesh as per Romans 8:1-3 Hebrews 2:13-18 - they invented a hybrid nature of some sort to justify Christ's "so called" divinity.
Nah, the hybrid nature explanation is logically necessary if you have a need to make a coherent systematic theology out of the biblical writings. But I might postulate that the majority of the hardline conservatives here are closet Docetics.

Reactions: face2face

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lambano, was Adam a human?
Was Adam created with a sin nature?

If Adam was created without a sin nature, why do you seem to think Jesus can’t be begotten unless He’s born with a sin nature?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God raises up a man in the line of sins flesh to declare His righteousness Romans 3:25
In the incarnation, Christ was placed in the same sinless position as Adam and Eve when they were created (Christ was sinless), but His human nature, unlike Adam and Eve’s nature before the fall, was fallen human nature. This made Christ’s test far greater than Adam’s. Christ’s mission on earth was not to show that God, as God, could overcome sin, but that fallen humanity, when united with divine nature, could do so. (See 2 Peter 3,4.) In other words, by choosing to rely upon divine power, fallen humanity could obey God. This is what Christ proved in the incarnation. By choosing to rely upon His heavenly Father, He did, in His fallen human nature, overcome sin. As the apostle Paul said, “For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh” (Romans 8:3)
I cannot accept that those who take the view that Christ could have sinned have a “low” view of Him; Neither do I believe it is a question that should never be asked. By contemplating what Christ achieved, also risked, in becoming flesh, we uplift Him and His Father to the highest. To realise that Christ could have sinned, and thereby, if He had sinned, would have lost His eternal existence, reveals to us the height and depth of God’s love for fallen humanity. If Christ had sinned, then, like us, He would have become a sinner, and God would have lost His Son for eternity. This is not having a wrong conception of Christ or God. It is having a correct conception of them. Wondrous love.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lambano, was Adam a human?
Was Adam created with a sin nature?

If Adam was created without a sin nature, why do you seem to think Jesus can’t be begotten unless He’s born with a sin nature?

sin nature only means a mortal nature which has the propensity to sin. Adam, Jesus you & I all have it.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, that brings up the question of whether Adam had a sin-nature before he sinned, or did God change his nature as part of the Curse?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we can safely say Adam was human.

You might have to define what you mean by the term "sin nature" before you head out in that direction. For example, is being tempted a thought-sin?

Define…okay.
Was Adam created with rebelliousness and hostility toward God? Was that built into him by God?
Were you born with rebelliousness and hostility toward God? Was that built into you because of who your father was?

Reactions: Lambano

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus did not consent to sin. Not even by a thought could he be brought to the power of Satan’s temptations. Yet it is written of Christ that he was tempted in all points like as we are. Many hold that from the nature of Christ it was impossible for Satan’s temptations to weaken or overthrow him. Then Christ could not have been placed in Adam’s position, to go over the ground where Adam stumbled and fell; he could not have gained the victory that Adam failed to gain. Unless he was placed in a position as trying as that in which Adam stood, he could not redeem Adam’s failure. If man has in any sense a more trying conflict to endure than had Christ, then Christ is not able to succor him when tempted. Christ took humanity with all its liabilities. He took the nature of man with the possibility of yielding to temptation, and he relied upon divine power to keep him.
Ellen White

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define…okay.
Was Adam created with rebelliousness and hostility toward God? Was that built into him by God?
Were you born with rebelliousness and hostility toward God? Was that built into you because of who your father was?
Okay; thank you. Though Mom ain't getting off the hook so easily; half my genes are hers.