This really grabbed me today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
on that i agree, but when someone, anyone comes along and says the opposite of what paul or john said, you bet i’ll call you out. Why is it that only us reformed folk are willing to call out bad theology/heresy on here??
Calling someone out is a far cry from banning their right to voice an opinion.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so your opinion is to simply let heresy run wild. Ok, if thats what you meant, then just say it. Own it.
Putting words in my mouth L_s is hardly in line with integrity.
You were initially wanting to ban JW's, then you changed your tac to calling them out, now you are attempting to put words in my mouth. Wake up mate!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Putting words in my mouth L_s is hardly in line with integrity.
You were initially wanting to ban JW's, then you changed your tac to calling them out, now you are attempting to put words in my mouth. Wake up mate!

thats odd…. I went back and never saw me saying to ban them, i just said put em on ignore. Oh im thinking you’re the one still sleep, mate.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is what you said L_s in post #217 'All yall need to put ALL JWs folk on ignore. That type of heresy shouldnt be tolerated here. Personally, i blame the admins for allowing such heresy, but they’ll reprimand me instead. :cool:' which is tantamount to banning.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what you said L_s in post #217 'All yall need to put ALL JWs folk on ignore. That type of heresy shouldnt be tolerated here. Personally, i blame the admins for allowing such heresy, but they’ll reprimand me instead. :cool:' which is tantamount to banning.

The fact that you’re supporting the JW’ heresy on here makes you an accomplice. But yea, it might hurt their wittle feelings if the admins actually did ban them, cant have that now can we. And while we’re at it, lets have women “preachers” and show support for lgbtq and gay marriage, CRT, and whatever else is heresy and mainstream today run wild on here.

some days go good on here and i dont have to judo chop my walls, and other days have me kicking the bark off of trees in the back yard. Looks like today will be a tree kicking day. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fact that you’re supporting the JW’ heresy on here makes you an accomplice. But yea, it might hurt their wittle feelings if the admins actually did ban them, cant have that now can we. And while we’re at it, lets have women “preachers” and show support for lgbtq and gay marriage, CRT, and whatever else is heresy and mainstream today run wild on here.

some days go good on here and i dont have to judo chop my walls, and other days have me kicking the bark off of trees in the back yard. Looks like today will be a tree kicking day. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
While you maintain your unjustified justification in this matter L_s, freedom will certainly elude you!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did I not ask you to look up the word "pro·sky·neʹo"? Did you do so? If you did then you will understand that it does not mean only "worship".
It basically means to bow down to someone. The Hebrew scriptures contain many instances of this in Jewish culture and it is spoken about in the Christian scriptures also. The magi for example when they came bringing gifts to the child Jesus, did not "worship" him as a god, they offered him "obeisance" as a new King. These were Babylonian astrologers, worshippers of many gods. They were simply following a custom of bringing gifts to new members of a royal family. Its the same word, but incorrectly translated.

When "pro·sky·neʹo" is rendered to a human it is "obeisance"...it is only "worship" when it is rendered to God.
Since Jesus is not, and never has been "God", what is rendered to him as a man, and by the angels is "obeisance", which is reverential honor.
It was rendered to anyone who was in a higher station as an act of submission and humility.
So scripture presents one word describing the adoration of the Son... Worship. But because you have decided that the Son isn't God, then the word worship when in context of the Son must be mistranslated. Right. That's a great way to find out truth. Create an idea and alter the meaning of scripture to harmonize with it.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is what you believe...then I have no say in that. I simply state what the Bible says.
I have no belief in “the pits of hell” or that God would even invent such a place....but that is what genuine Bible study does for a person....it strips down the facts from the ugly fiction.
NO! You absolutely DO NOT state what the Bible says. You state the opposite. The Bible blatantly says Jesus is God. You pervert the Bible. And if you don't believe there is a hell you really don't read the Bible. You are a heretic.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All yall need to put ALL JWs folk on ignore. That type of heresy shouldnt be tolerated here. Personally, i blame the admins for allowing such heresy, but they’ll reprimand me instead. :cool:
Oh remember, we can't question what is Christian and what isn't. Even though JW and Mormon definitely are not Christian.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It seems to me that the way the Godhead works is way beyond our understanding.
The terms Father and Son are terms that only partially convey what God is about.

Sadly folks grab these approximations and make a theological rule with them ignoring the mystery of the Godhead and insisting that the total story is conveyed in these terms.

Further our concept of Father and Son are distorted by our own personal experiences so if our own father was a militant legalist, we assume God is as well.

The idea of the Son and the Holy Spirit being subordinate to the Father come from this literal presentation of words rather than appreciation of the mystery of the Godhead - the 'otherness' of God cannot be adequately described in these terms.

It is clear to me that the term Son was chosen not because of any insubordination, but because the Cross and the Redemption was planned in heaven before time began - God manifesting Himself in another form to convey His ultimate Love. It was never about anything less than God Himself.

Let us honour Him who came as a man out of His love for us.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So scripture presents one word describing the adoration of the Son... Worship. But because you have decided that the Son isn't God, then the word worship when in context of the Son must be mistranslated. Right. That's a great way to find out truth. Create an idea and alter the meaning of scripture to harmonize with it.
Are you old enough to remember when judges in the Australian legal system were addressed as "Your Worship"? In the US these judges are addressed as "Your Honor".....it's based on the same Greek word. It is a term that basically means 'bowing before someone', which in Bible times was quite common....you didn't have to be God to merit "pro·sky·neʹo". "Obeisance" is the same word...context determines the meaning. Offered to any human it is not worship. Jesus was a human. It is only "worship" when offered to God. But Jesus has a God even in heaven....referring to "my God" four times in one verse. (Revelation 3:12) How does one equal part of God worship himself even in heaven?

So, "I" haven't decided anything......it isn't me altering words to suit my beliefs, but ignorance at work by those who do not study deeper than the surface appearance of things.....particularly English translations of Greek words. I recommend you do some actual word studies...it opens up so much more than strongly entrenched 'assumption' permits.

How many words are translated "hell" in the KJV? Do they all mean what most people have been led to believe that they do? They are all different words because they all mean different things. "Gehenna" for example is translated as "hell" but to both the Jews and the Gentiles of Jesus' day it did not have anything to do with suffering after death. Jesus said that those who go to "Gehenna" are "destroyed", not "tortured". Is that what the majority believe?

Did you know that there are four different words in Greek for "love"? Do you know what they are?
It is God's most dominant quality, yet only one of those words describe his "love".

The 'treasure' is hidden.....you need to dig for it....it isn't lying around on the surface to be trampled on by those who have no idea of its value.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And Sunday sacredness...ooops
Please tell me where Christians are told to hold the Sabbath. It was a Jewish requirement, not incumbent on Gentiles any more than circumcision was.
When the issue was causing divisions in the congregations and Jews were trying to mandate circumcision for non-Jews, the apostles and older men in Jerusalem convened to settle this matter and their decision is recorded for our benefit....(Acts 15:24-29)
"24 Since we have heard that some of our number to whom we gave no instruction have confused you by their teaching, upsetting your souls, 25 it seemed good to us, having become of one mind, to select men to send to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 Therefore, we have sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will also report the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: 29 that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from acts of sexual immorality; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.”

What were the "essentials" that applied to all who received this declaration...?
"that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from acts of sexual immorality; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well." Can you see the observance of the Sabbath mentioned there? It is NOT among the "essentials" although Jews could still observe it if they wished, but there was no longer an obligation to keep the Law because Christ had "fulfilled" it....it was part of the old covenant which was replaced with the new covenant after Christ's death. (Colossians 2:16-17)
Likewise, circumcision can still be practiced but it is not a requirement.

Moving the supposed Sabbath to Sunday we know was to honor the Romans sun god. It was all part of the foretold apostasy. Sun worship features strongly in Roman Catholicism to this day.

Jesus and his apostles kept the Sabbath because they were all Jewish. Under the new covenant they were no longer obligated to keep the Law that condemned them, but at the same time, to live their lives under 'the Law of the Christ'....to "love God...and neighbor".

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: 29 that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from acts of sexual immorality; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.”

These 'essentials' have a common thread.

They all spiritually contaminate the 'inner person' and therefore seriously effect the fellowship as a whole.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please tell me where Christians are told to hold the Sabbath. It was a Jewish requirement, not incumbent on Gentiles any more than circumcision was.
How many Jews were around when the 7th day was made holy? Can you inform us when God removed the holiness from that day?
Jews were trying to mandate circumcision for non-Jews,
And the connection with the Sabbath is....
What were the "essentials" that applied to all who received this declaration...?
"that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from acts of sexual immorality; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well." Can you see the observance of the Sabbath mentioned there?
So only those 4 were essential? Which leaves adultery and theft and idolatry okay?