Those who deny Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We could ask others if “ they” understood it....perhaps take a vote? Lol....I really don’t care that much about it....I was just trying to give you some practical writing advice—— I know that I need it sometimes....I am guilty of a lot of “ run -on” sentences ....and almost “ ALL” of my posts are ten times longer than I ever intended them to be....lol....

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We could ask others if “ they” understood it....perhaps take a vote? Lol....I really don’t care that much about.....I was just trying to give you some practical writing advice—— I know that I need it sometimes....I am guilty of a lot of “ run -on” sentences ....and almost “ ALL” of my posts are ten times longer than I ever intended them to be....lol....
I looked back at the post in question and I believe that it is very understandable what I have said to you. I didn't mince words. No run-ons in that post, either.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked back at the post in question and I believe that it is very understandable what I have said to you. I didn't mince words. No run-ons in that post, either.

If you can understood it , all I can say is that you are smarter man than me.....I already “ knew” that ....you are a smart guy who just happens to be wrong much of the time....in my humble opinion...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can understood it , all I can say is that you are smarter man than me.....I already “ knew” that ....you are a smart guy who just happens to be wrong much of the time....in my humble opinion...
You are downplaying the fact, now, that you have tried to call me out as a false teacher on not a few occasions and that I have shown clearly in all cases that my teachings are not false but that they come straight from the Bible and the Holy Ghost who dwells within me.

It is, in your opinion; but it is not in your humble opinion: for I find that your opinion is rather filled with pride.

You believe that you are right and that I must be wrong; and this does not bode well for you. It does not show you forth as one who "esteems others better than themselves" (Philippians 2:3).

I, at least, in considering what you say, take it into account and compare your opinions with holy scripture.

When I speak, you compare what I say with the teachings of men that have formed your opinions over what seems to be the last thirty years.

But you would do well to compare my teachings with holy scripture and believe what I am saying if it be substantiated by holy scripture.

Because the teachings of men will get you into trouble (2 Timothy 4:1-5). This is why I encourage every one to be a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11).

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah....try to turn it into a “ Spiritual “ Thing when all it is is extremely sloppy writing....gobbledygook.
All you need to do is go back and write it again....I am not accusing you of writing falsehoods ....
I heard someone say "we are body, soul and sprit and are one person. God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit and is one God."

Just as we are a tripartite being, so is the omnipresent God.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard someone say "we are body, soul and sprit and are one person. God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit and is one God."

Just as we are a tripartite being, so is the omnipresent God.
Yes the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit all share the same divine attributes of God- all the Omni's, all the time 24/7- no exceptions. :)

Reactions: Cooper

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the teachings of men will get you into trouble (2 Timothy 4:1-5). This is why I encourage every one to be a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11).

You will never meet a bigger “ Berean” than me......Timothy was a teacher...I guess you would have discarded all,of his teachings although God said that He has “ Blessed Us with good Teachers”
Talk about Pride ? I have the HUMILITY to admit that there are God-Called and God-Gifted Teachers out there that are MUCH Smarter than me and understand the Bible WAY BETTER than I do...
On the other hand....your PRIDE has convinced you to just “ go it alone”.....YOU know better than True Men Of God who were sent by God to Teach and explain His Word ....You need to swallow your Pride and do like I do.....ask God to lead you to the Teachers out there who are the best at Teaching the True Word Of God....
Yes , you know better than everyone else.....you “ go it alone”—— it shows .
You are self- taught and where did you end up? You promote a Perverted Gospel with the Damnable Addition Of “Sure, Jesus Saves...His Blood is Essential—— it just ain’t enough.” Paul ‘s Gospel is “ Essential” , But not “Adequate” according to you .You gotta have “ Lucky Repentance” to make it to Heaven .
To you, Salvation is NOT the GIFT that Jesus says it is . It’s a Trade....we Trade in all of our Repented Sins and in turn we get Salvation . The only things you and I have to offer up or to trade in Are our Sins
Here’s another song to tear out of your Hymnal , along with “ Nothing But The Blood”..... “Just as I am , WITHOUT ONE PLEA , except that Thy Blood was Shed for me.....”
Google a good teacher like Ralph “ Yankee” Arnold.....maybe you can catch a Sermon on “ Fallen From Grace”..... That is your condition....you have ADDED to Paul’s Gospel with your “ Lucky Repentance” Hog Wash.....
Anybody out there.....read Galatians and tell me I am wrong....it took great, gifted Teachers to open my eyes about it —— I sure never learned it on my own or in church......THAT and many other things...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the other hand....your PRIDE has convinced you to just “ go it alone”....

It is not pride that has convinced me to rely on the Holy Spirit rather than teachers...it is the word of the Lord.

1Jo 2:27, But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Jhn 16:13, Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Man can lead you astray...but if you will rely on the Holy Ghost to teach you, He is not going to lead you astray.

Psa 118:8, It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
Psa 118:9, It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.

And this is not to say that I never listen to human teachers...I just compare their teachings to the word of the Lord...and I spend much more time reading God's word than I do listening to human teachers.

And I'm certain that it shows...and to one who has been deceived by human teachers, it would especially show; in that the doctrine that I preach would most assuredly contradict those human teachers where the word of the Lord contradicts those human teachers.

You are self- taught and where did you end up? You promote a Perverted Gospel with the Damnable Addition Of “Sure, Jesus Saves...His Blood is Essential—— it just ain’t enough.”

In my estimation the blood is completely sufficient. However, your estimation of the blood is that it only justifies and does not also sanctify (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanse (1 John 1:7).

It is most assuredly enough to do all of these things, by my estimation.

To you, Salvation is NOT the GIFT that Jesus says it is . It’s a Trade....we Trade in all of our Repented Sins and in turn we get Salvation .

To me, salvation is most assuredly a FREE GIFT (Romans 5:15-19)...the "gift of righteousness" (Romans 5:17) which is not impractical (1 John 3:17-18, 1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my estimation the blood is completely sufficient. However, your estimation of the blood is that it only justifies and does not also sanctify (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanse (1 John 1:7).

I explained this in detail once—- as usual, it went right over your head....
You think your “ estimation” of the Value Of The Blood exceeds mine? Let all the viewers out there hear you say “ NOTHING But The BLOOD” like I have been doing for years.....then we will know you are at least “,approaching” some truth in your Doctrine.Your current Doctrine is “ Lucky Repentance Justifies, cleanses and Saves”.......as I said previously —- “ HOG WASH!”

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I explained this in detail once—- as usual, it went right over your head....
You think your “ estimation” of the Value Of The Blood exceeds mine? Let all the viewers out there hear you say “ NOTHING But The BLOOD” like I have been doing for years.....then we will know you are at least “,approaching” some truth in your Doctrine.Your current Doctrine is “ Lucky Repentance Justifies, cleanses and Saves”.......as I said previously —- “ HOG WASH!”
Yes, NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD.

We appropriate the blood of Jesus when we repent and give our heart to Christ.

Jhn 1:12, But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Rev 3:20, Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

God (Jesus) is holy.

1Pe 1:15, But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
1Pe 1:16, Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Heb 12:14, Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We appropriate the blood of Jesus when we repent and give our heart to Christ.[/QUOTE]

All great stuff.It ain’t the Gospel......

Is it so difficult for you to do what God “ REQUIRES” you to do in 1Cor15:1-4 in order to be Saved? THAT is what is called “ Paul’s Gospel”......It was the True Gospel That Saves If ONLY BELIEVED and NOT added to ! It was given to Paul personally by Jesus . There is NO talk of “ Repentance” contained in it —- you “ Repent” when you go from doubter of the Gospel to Believer in that Gospel — you “ change your mind” about the gospel —— THAT is what leads to Salvation.....
“ Giving your Heart to Jesus” sounds great and it is, but the True Gospel doe not contain that either . Where, in “ your” plan does it say “ Jesus died for my Sins”.......Where In “ your” plan dies it say we must believe that Jesus “ rose from the dead”.....
There are several Promises Of God that can Save a person....this side of the Cross , ALL of them require Faith in the ResurrectionOf Jesus .....Paul’s Gospel,requires you to Believe also that Jesus died for your Sins.....that automatically infers that you “ See” that you are a Sinner, It infers that you “ Admit” you are a Sinner , It infers that you know that only Jesus can take away those sins and you can’t.....
These are the things that are important to God .....He “ could” have thrown in the things that “ you” said, but He didn’t.” Giving your heart to Jesus sounds good and Is good , but one could say “ I Give my heart go Jesus” and theoretically never admit that he is a Sinner who MUST have a Savior and that person , theoretically never Believe in the Resurrection and that appears to be VITAL in the Mind Of God.....
I can’t take an extremely hard view against what you are claiming....it depends on what you mean by “ repent “. Your history says that every time you see the word “ repent”, you think it means, “ repent of sins” . If that is what you mean ( and it probably is) , you can forget what I just said....you are WRONG , period ! End of this discussion. If “ Giving your heart to Jesus” is the same thing as Jesus knocking at the door Of you heart, and you inviting Him in to cleanse and Save you— you GOT something....you HAVE chapter and Verse .....But, if you mean by “ Giving your heart to Jesus” you are now going to “ straighten up and fly right”, you are Wrong again....
Your stuff “ may” be onto something ....then again, it could be a Subtle way to fool one’s self into Damnation....it all depends on the definitions of your words.....knowing you, you are probably wrong.....you never denounce your Doctrine Of “ Lucky Repentance, do you? You’re gonna hang on to that False , Perverted “ Gospel” until the cows come home.....
Here is some great advice for Newbies.....Paul has told us that when we stand before God, we are gonna be JUDGED by “ HIS” Gospel and that would-be the Gospel Of 1 Cor15:1-4......Let’s be CERTAIN of our Salvation —- let’s go with THAT as our “ Elixir” for our Sin Problem ......THAT is the Gospel That in Hebrews 3 and 4 God says that we either REST in it or He will declare us “ Disobedient” and Guilty Of “ Unbelief”..? It makes no sense to Gamble with other stuff.....no matter how good it sounds.....
If you are not trusting in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace to make you “ fit for Heaven” ....change your mind a bout that.....in other words —- REPENT ! God Bless ......

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is some great advice for Newbies.....Paul has told us that when we stand before God, we are gonna be JUDGED by “ HIS” Gospel and that would-be the Gospel Of 1 Cor15:1-4.....

It is expedient to also heed the word “terror” used in regards to the judgment we will face:

2 Corinthians 5
[10] For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. [11] Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men

Paul was trying to persuade men to be saved:

Acts 18
[4] And [Paul] reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

Be persuaded by scripture, not the vain speeches of men who twist the scriptures to suit their fleshy desires.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is expedient to also heed the word “terror” used in regards to the judgment we will face:

2 Corinthians 5
[10] For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. [11] Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men

Paul was trying to persuade men to be saved:

Acts 18
[4] And [Paul] reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

Be persuaded by scripture, not the vain speeches of men who twist the scriptures to suit their fleshy desires.

It’s not “ all” Gloom and Doom.....Any “ Judgement “ due me was taken out on Jesus at the Cross ....He took my Sin and I took on His Righteousness....Christianity 101.
I obtained the “Zenith” in the Christian Walk—- I RESTED in the Gospel and found the Joy and Peace Of What Jesus called “ The Abundant Life” ....
When I arrive at The Judgement Seat for Believers, the Bema Seat, all I am going to hear is “ well done, good and faithful servant!” I look forward to that day. How about you?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where, in “ your” plan does it say “ Jesus died for my Sins”.......Where In “ your” plan dies it say we must believe that Jesus “ rose from the dead”...

Jesus died "for" my sins...that means I am to give my sins to Him.

The fact that He rose from the dead means that I am also risen with Him (Colossians 2:12) and that I am saved by His life (Romans 5:10)...from my sins (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14).

It infers that you know that only Jesus can take away those sins and you can’t.....

Obviously we don't save ourselves from sin. We are saved by the Saviour...but, my question to you at this point is, what do you think it means that Jesus takes away our sins? Can He take away our sins and then we continue to keep committing them, from your perspective?

If “ Giving your heart to Jesus” is the same thing as Jesus knocking at the door Of you heart, and you inviting Him in to cleanse and Save you— you GOT something....you HAVE chapter and Verse .....But, if you mean by “ Giving your heart to Jesus” you are now going to “ straighten up and fly right”, you are Wrong again....

And you have just contradicted yourself. Because if Jesus cleanses and saves us, what do you think it means that we are cleansed? Is this just a meaningless word from your perspective? or does the fact that we are cleansed from all sin mean that sin no longer has any authority in our lives because it is gone from us?

I would be interested in your answers to all of the questions that I have asked of you in this post.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Any “ Judgement “ due me was taken out on Jesus at the Cross ....He took my Sin and I took on His Righteousness....Christianity 101.

Where you are erring is in thinking he took your future sins away.

Scripture 101 (Romans 3:25; 2 Peter 1:9; Hebrews 10:26).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where you are erring is in thinking he took your future sins away.

Scripture 101 (Romans 3:25; 2 Peter 1:9; Hebrews 10:26).

He actually does forgive us of future sins if we are of His elect; knowing that we will be walking in the light as He is in the light and therefore will be confessing our sins so that (because He is faithful and just) He will forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 4:8, Romans 8:38-39, Hebrews 9:12.

Because things present and things to come may in fact be sins on our part; while if we have obtained the second benefit we will not be committing sins in the future.

If He took our future sins away, then we will not be committing them any more.

There is a principle in holy scripture; that if we confess our future sins (saying, "my sin is ever before me", Psalms 51:3), that He will take away our future sins. It is true that in doing so He makes a liar out of us. But this principle is also found in Luke 18:9-14.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once Saved Always Saved teaches future sins are forgiven.

If this is true, there’s no need to repent of them.

And besides, he that is born of God does not commit sin (1 John 3:9)
I agree. If someone is truly born again, they should not be committing sins in the future.

However, as believers in Christ, we are not under the law (Romans 6;14), are dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and are delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).

And, this is not to say that we are not any longer obedient to the law (see Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 5:5).

Does it not therefore mean that we are no longer condemned by our violations of the law?

Because we are forgiven of past, present, and future sins?