Those With And Without The Seal Of God On Their Foreheads

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Revelation 7:1After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3"Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God." 4Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

Revelation 9: 1The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

Revelation 14:1Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. 2And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Revelation 7:1After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3"Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God." 4Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

Revelation 9: 1The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.

Revelation 14:1Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. 2And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.

Don't forget the "great multitude" of Rev.7:9 forward that came out of great tribulation, having made their robes white in the Blood of The Lamb. They overcome the beast and his image too, are will also be with Christ at His throne when He comes.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
True, however, it does not say that the multitude will be sealed with the seal-of-God in the foreheads and protected from the fifth trumpet plague. This implies that the great multitude overcame as martyrs.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
True, however, it does not say that the multitude will be sealed with the seal-of-God in the foreheads and protected from the fifth trumpet plague. This implies that the great multitude overcame as martyrs.

That they also are sealed for the end is implied, because the purpose of God's sealing for the end is in order to overcome the beast and his image. That's what the idea of their coming out of great tribulation with washing their robes in Christ is about. It's about making a stand in the "evil day, whether some of them are martyred or not. Because Apostle Paul taught there will still be some of Christ's elect alive on earth at His return, not all that are sealed will be killed during the tribulation.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
veteran,

You stated: Because Apostle Paul taught there will still be some of Christ's elect alive on earth at His return,

My response: Do not the 144K meet these qualifications?

You stated: not all that are sealed will be killed during the tribulation.

My response: According to scripture, all of the 144K (the only ones with the seal of God in their foreheads) are the only ones spared the fifth trumpet plague. This would imply that they are the only male Christians alive at the time of this plague.

I get the impression that you have a difficult time grasping the idea that you become a Jew when you accept Christ's sacrifice.....

Romans 2:29
No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.

...and an equal heir to the promises made to the Patriarchs.

Galations 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.