Time is not an Eternal Concept

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

Mass can dis-associate into plasma energy (E/c2)
Plasma energy can re-associate into mass (m)

Making mass, I believe, eternal stuff. Time, however, is not eternal and soon will cease.

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

The mass of the universe existed without form and I can imagine it as a cluster out in space awaiting some kind of Big Bang to dis-associate the mass into plasma energy. Time I don’t believe came about until the earth began orbit around the sun. The time on earth is limited and if things continue on by themselves the sun will likely pull the planets in and explode returning things to the E/c2 from which she was forged. I can imagine the plasma returning to the mass without form.

The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

The universe, then, becomes a space of time in eternity. Something like a vapor that only appears for a moment, and then dissipated away (James 4:14). As the eternity is forever behind and forever ahead there becomes a great sea of forgetfulness in which it is impossible to log the eternities before and the eternity that will be ahead. Therefore the concept of time must soon cease.

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.- Isaiah 65:16

And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: - Revelation 10:5-6

The universe then becomes an eternal day.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe as E = mc2 so

m (mass) = E/c2 (Energy)

God was always there. He was never created and he will never be destroyed. But the form of the E/c2 will change as he wills it.

For our God is a consuming fire. - Hebrews 12:29

God is E/c2... He can cool E/c2 to form mass, or he can turn it back into the plasma from which it was forged.

And the earth was without form, and void; - Genesis 1:2

We find in Genesis chapter one that the earth was without form and void. Then God said, "Let there be light!" And there was light - Genesis 1:3.

The light was made available through the dis-association of mass. This was what scientist call the big boom. As the mass dissociated into light and energy it also spread out from a point of origin.

I would say the equivalent (I say equivalent as the concept of time was not in existence) of 15 billion years went by and then God moves again...

"And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness." - - Genesis 1:4

For God to have divided the light from the darkness I would assume that the planet earth is formed and put into orbit around the sun.

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day." - Genesis 1:5

Notice that the first day was not declared until after the planet earth was put in orbit. Therefore the known universe is very old, and the planet earth is in comparison very young. The creation story then unfolds as scripture told it...

Day 1 - Planet Earth is put into orbit, dividing the light from the darkness.
Day 2 - The atmosphere is created
Day 3 - Dry land arises from the sea
Day 4 - The atmosphere clears, allowing the moon and the stars to shine through
Day 5 - The sea creatures are created
Day 6 - Land based creatures, including man, are created
Day 7 - God rests on the seventh day

Very soon the mass is going to return to the light and the energy from whence it was forged...

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. - 2 Peter 3:12-13

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't want to burst your BigBangBubbles but my Bible says GOD created Earth as a ball of water and basic elements.
GOD's creation was slow, cool and wet.
Satan's bigbang lie is super fast, super hot and super dry.
My Bible also says GOD put the sun, moon, planets and stars in the sky once the growing vegetation needed solar sustenance.
The dry riverbeds and signs of running water on the moon and planets and the ice of the outer planets show GOD made them the same way He made Earth.
I keep asking how the sun came to have nothing but enormous quantities of helium and hydrogen - if that's really what it's made of - but everyone just says these two elements just clumped together after bigbang.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to point out that the current cosmology is only a virtual reality in the minds of humanity. The strong delusion of 2 Thessalonians 2.

Einstein was correct, but no one picked up on it. It is the biblical view of God’s reality.

Ephesians 3:18
18 so that you, with all God’s people, will be given strength to grasp the breadth, length, height and depth of the Messiah’s love,
19 yes, to know it, even though it is beyond all knowing, so that you will be filled with all the fullness of God.

This is Einstein's spacetime.

We can take the first dimension: one straight line. That is length.

We can add the second dimension: make a square extending out from the first line. That is depth.

We can then form an open box, 3d. That is height. Reality is a cube. Time is what completes the 3 dimensions forming a solid cube. The breadth: all encompassing love of God. Einstein's reality of space time realized was God’s plan for this universe. The delusion of Satan was to create a virtual reality on the inside walls of this cube, so humanity using math could create their own imagination. This has blinded the minds of all humanity on the Truth of God's creation. Even to the point where God's elect would not know the difference. Very few have probably tried to point this out, and gave up.