Time is up!! Jesus is returning and rapture (catching up) time is here!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not fulfill any scripture at all. Sorry man all that’s in the past all that stuff is happening in the past.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your echoing Peter’s words, peter wrote to the tribes, are scattered abroad, most likely in a second letter that he wrote he was telling them about the things that were going on in history, right then and there and return was not yet upon them then later you have John writing hey, Jesus is coming quickly.

“Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the choice sojourners of the dispersion of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, according to a foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, to obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied!”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

So you have to think about these things and not just accept what other people say.

And it seems like people who think that they can get a bible down and studying. They miss over these little key factors in and they don’t understand.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could call it Bible misrepresentation.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
also I don’t believe that wailing wall is part of the temple that fell. It’s just a myth that it is @Bible Highlighter.

Human beings can believe anything, so, it’s up to you to decide, I don’t accept the wailing wall as even part of the temple.

Even if given statements by others it is, that fall happened in 70 Ad and every thing was obliterated as promised to come upon them.

Either my trust is founded in Jesus and his promises or they are founded in what traditions of man hold near and dear.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One more thing just to be clear, I believe that we do wrestle around with dark spirits, or darkness itself maybe spirits of the world, like spirits of hatred, spirit of greed, spirit of maliciousness, that come from the world and plague the heart.

One of the pros of believing in Jesus is total victory is the defeat of Satan and his demons.

That doesn’t mean that people do not struggle with the darkness that exist, just as it existed in the very beginning.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your welcome.

I agree.

Yes. The Antichrist comes in the Middle of the Tribulation period.

I can say that of Post Tribbers, but I don’t. But out of the times I have talked Eschatology with other Christians who are Post Trib, they appear to be short tempered (angry), and Eschatology is all they want to talk about most times (When I believe we should focus primarily on God’s grace, and Sanctification).

Matthew 24:48-49
”But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;“

In other words, I see this passage being fulfilled when see Eschatology debates. I see Post Tribbers acting mean towards others many times (i.e. they are beating their fellow servants because they do not believe He is coming at a day or an hour that they do not know - whereby they do not have to watch for Him).

We are to love our brothers in Christ (even if we disagree on Eschatology).
The future is not written in stone yet.

I hold to the “Any Time Catching Up” Viewpoint.
Being “Caught up” is taught in Scripture.

Could the Pre-Trib Rapture or Beginning Trib Rapture happen?
I don’t know. Only the Lord knows.
But we need to be ready (living holy lives) and looking for Him at any moment (Just in case He may come at those times).
I believe that there is definitely a gathering of the elect of the saints in the Middle of the Tribulation (When the Antichrist desecrates the temple, i.e., the Abominations of Desolations). This will be angels gathering up the saints (Which appears to possibly be a secondary taking up event). The Olivet Discourse is describing the Middle of the Tribulation. In Revelation, when Jesus shows Himself sitting on the throne, I believe this is at the point of the Middle of the Tribulation, as well. Why? Because the “Lord’s Day” (a period of 3 and half years) is about to start and bring punishment upon the inhabitants of the Earth. Besides Moses, Elijah, and the 144,000… no other believer will be present on the Earth (Because they do not have the special protection like the others do). This is all pretty basic stuff in my study of the End Times. But could I be wrong? Sure I could. I see my view of Eschatology as one possible future and not as cold hard fact. What is true…. Is what the Bible actually says (Regardless of my interpretation of the events). What is important is telling others about God’s grace, and in teaching them to live holy lives by the Spirit (So that they will be ready and looking for their LORD at any moment and that they may be found faithful when He comes).

Side Note:

Another problem I see with Post-Trib is that they tend to warn others to prep or get into survival prepping. Yet, Jesus says do not be concerned about the things of tomorrow. We are to seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things (basic needs) will be added unto us.

Side Note 2:

As for false teachers: Well, anyone who denies the Trinity or Godhead is a false teacher - IMO. Also, another major mark of a false teacher in my book is if they teach they can abide in sin and still be saved on some level. Jesus clearly taught that to just look upon a woman in lust can endanger a person to be cast into hellfire bodily. The viewpoint I would consider heretical in Eschatology is if a person says everything happened already, and or if they say Jesus is not returning. But I would try not to label them, but I would try and reach them with love and the Scriptures.
You stated some excellent and True words.

Please review post #35 and let me know if, based on Scripture, if there are any false words = based on what God has spoken.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post-trib rapture came out of the Mouth of God, whereas pre-trib rapture never did.

Immediately after the tribulation of those days:
Which days?

Matthew 24:29 that says, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days” , which I believe is referring to the Middle of the Tribulation period.

Matthew 24:29
”Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall
from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:”

Notice the signs in the verse above.

What’s important to note is that the same signs in the Olivet Discourse (And the book of Acts) line up with the same signs in Revelation.

Signs Before the Period of Time Known As the
"Day of the Lord" or the "Day of Wrath"
:

The Sixth Seal:

Sixth Seal Opened:

A Great Earthquake Happens, the Sun Goes Black, the Moon Turns Blood Red, Stars Fall From the Sky, the Heavens Shall Shake, the Waves of the Seas will Roar:

Revelation 6:12-13

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casts its unripe figs, when it is shaken by a mighty wind.​

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken​

Mark 13:24-25

But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.​

Luke 21:25-26

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.​

Acts 2:20

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:​

Joel 2:31

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.​

#1. Sun goes dark (Check) (Matthew 24:29) (Acts 2:20) (Revelation 6:12).
#2. Moon turns to blood (Check) (Acts 2:20) (Revelation 6:12).

So both the Day of the Lord (Revelation), and the Olivet Discourse (Along with Acts) gives us the same signs.

Now, how is the Olivet Discourse the Middle of the Tribulation?

I will attempt to answer that in my next post to you.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which days?

Matthew 24:29 that says, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days” , which I believe is referring to the Middle of the Tribulation period.

”Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall
from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:”

Notice the signs in the verse above.

What’s important to note is that the same signs in the Olivet Discourse (And the book of Acts) line up with the same signs in Revelation.

Signs Before the Period of Time Known As the
"Day of the Lord" or the "Day of Wrath"
:

The Sixth Seal:

Sixth Seal Opened:

A Great Earthquake Happens, the Sun Goes Black, the Moon Turns Blood Red, Stars Fall From the Sky, the Heavens Shall Shake, the Waves of the Seas will Roar:

Revelation 6:12-13

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casts its unripe figs, when it is shaken by a mighty wind.​

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken​

Mark 13:24-25

But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.​

Luke 21:25-26

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.​

Acts 2:20

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:​

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.​

#1. Sun goes dark (Check) (Matthew 24:29) (Acts 2:20) (Revelation 6:12).
#2. Moon turns to blood (Check) (Acts 2:20) (Revelation 6:12).

So both the Day of the Lord (Revelation), and the Olivet Discourse (Along with Acts) gives us the same signs.

Now, how is the Olivet Discourse the Middle of the Tribulation?

I will attempt to answer that in my next post to you.
i have no problem with 'mid-trib' because, in FACT, we will be delivered from the Wrath of the Lamb at HIS COMING.

It is wonderful that you see the same thing as stated in the Gospel and in Revelation.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible misrepresentation is this: Proverbs 30:6
Do not add to His words,
Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

Bible Representation is this: Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is pure;
He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.

Bible Truth is this: John chapter 17
They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible misrepresentation is this: Proverbs 30:6
Do not add to His words,
Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

Bible Representation is this: Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is pure;
He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.

Bible Truth is this: John chapter 17
They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
you must have missed read my comments and statements, but you’re gonna be where you’re at anyway because you have a half 1 million people that believe the same way that you do probably so it doesn’t really matter.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here they all are for you.

I’m not interested in futurism. I stand by my original comment.

None of it was written to me. It was a past event that happened before the actual return. Therefore how can deal with us today?

I have been so many Christians worldwide that have, and still believe today that Jesus is going to return now today when it’s really talking to a group of people in the past who are needed to be ready for the coming of Christ before the wrath of God has been brought there taken out on the nation of Israel, which is when the Jewish people had lost everything at the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.

Most people don’t believe this or except this as a plausible held view, but this is an option that people may choose rather than continue to believe as people have promised and promised, and promised that Jesus is coming again now today in the clouds, and you’ll see him, and everyone will see him is a bunch of bullshart except I do believe everyone who dies will learn that God did exist, and that Jesus was the answer and if they didn’t want that they get to go outside the kingdom because that’s what they wanted.

I don’t think it is the Lord who can change my mind when I believe that the son came back as promised.

You can continue to believe otherwise it doesn’t make a difference other than how you may perceive your take on the word at large.

Last days started in Acts.

Why don’t you believe it?

Some people may fall into (dual prophecy) scams.

Sad to see.

I’m OK with people believing that Jesus is going to return. However, so many people before you have kept saying the same thing and yet where is he? Where is Jesus? Why hasn’t he shown up with all these people have confessed and heartfelt believed that he was coming back where is he? He was said to come back, but not for us. He said to come back to a generation then that’s where you mess up when you get that confused.

You’re going to die one day just remember that that’s when you’re going to the heavenly realm some people don’t want that that’s why they want Jesus to come back and some effort to be able to stay here on earth or whatever they really like the Earth so I don’t know I don’t believe we’re going to be here staying on this earth, but you can believe whatever you want.

It’s just the point that it was never written to you or written to me. It was written to a select group of people that all these documents have been collected up overtime.

I don’t mind you and what you believe. You’re welcome to share it with me but I don’t really believe like you and you don’t believe like me that’s OK.

But see, I told you this before this was happening in the past. Ever since then with divorcement of Jerusalem, I can say that Jesus came back and save those people that he was going to come back and save.

It does not fulfill any scripture at all. Sorry man all that’s in the past all that stuff is happening in the past.

Your echoing Peter’s words, peter wrote to the tribes, are scattered abroad, most likely in a second letter that he wrote he was telling them about the things that were going on in history, right then and there and return was not yet upon them then later you have John writing hey, Jesus is coming quickly.

“Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the choice sojourners of the dispersion of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, according to a foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, to obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied!”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

So you have to think about these things and not just accept what other people say.

And it seems like people who think that they can get a bible down and studying. They miss over these little key factors in and they don’t understand.

also I don’t believe that wailing wall is part of the temple that fell. It’s just a myth that it is @Bible Highlighter.

Human beings can believe anything, so, it’s up to you to decide, I don’t accept the wailing wall as even part of the temple.

Even if given statements by others it is, that fall happened in 70 Ad and every thing was obliterated as promised to come upon them.

Either my trust is founded in Jesus and his promises or they are founded in what traditions of man hold near and dear.

One more thing just to be clear, I believe that we do wrestle around with dark spirits, or darkness itself maybe spirits of the world, like spirits of hatred, spirit of greed, spirit of maliciousness, that come from the world and plague the heart.

One of the pros of believing in Jesus is total victory is the defeat of Satan and his demons.

That doesn’t mean that people do not struggle with the darkness that exist, just as it existed in the very beginning.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am watching/reading

you believe all is in the past

Please remind yourself, rather, fill yourself with these words of Christ:

"The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life."
John ch6

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am watching/reading

you believe all is in the past

Please remind yourself, rather, fill yourself with these words of Christ:

"The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life."
John ch6
Pointless direction to get off subject.

There is nothing wrong with being filled with the spirit, and the words of life that Jesus speaks.

Just cause someone believes Jesus has returned doesn’t mean they are condemned. That is what people have been suggesting even yourself haven’t you?

Oh you believe he done returns your heretic son of a gun, you gonna go to hell of you don’t change your mind about it :eek:!!!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pointless direction to get off subject.

There is nothing wrong with being filled with the spirit, and the words of life that Jesus speaks.

Just cause someone believes Jesus has returned doesn’t mean they are condemned. That is what people have been suggesting even yourself haven’t you?

Oh you believe he done returns your heretic son of a gun, you gonna go to hell of you don’t change your mind about it :eek:!!!
i never condemned you

we are sharing with you the Truth = 2 Timothy 2:14-19

Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.
And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i never condemned you

we are sharing with you the Truth = 2 Timothy 2:14-19

Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.
And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”
The truth that is that Paul is writing to his friend Timothy. In the past to go encourage people to not live godless lives. Jesus Christ transforms lives from darkness to light.

Those events happened in the past prior to Jesus, returned, which was promised within a generation.

How many people don’t get that and that’s all that I mind what you believe personally because I love you either way will love you and respect you and I’m just trying to point out the fact that people continue to say Jesus come in and everything like that just like these guys here.

Maybe we ought to just throw Jesus and his words away if you not gonna believe him?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And having gone forth, Jesus departed from the temple, and his disciples came near to show him the buildings of the temple, and Jesus said to them, ‘Do ye not see all these? verily I say to you, There may not be left here a stone upon a stone, that shall not be thrown down.’ And when he is sitting on the mount of the Olives, the disciples came near to him by himself, saying, ‘Tell us, when shall these be? and what [is] the sign of thy presence, and of the full end of the age?’ And Jesus answering said to them, ‘Take heed that no one may lead you astray, for many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ, and they shall lead many astray, and ye shall begin to hear of wars, and reports of wars; see, be not troubled, for it behoveth all [these] to come to pass, but the end is not yet. ‘For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places; and all these [are] the beginning of sorrows; then they shall deliver you up to tribulation, and shall kill you, and ye shall be hated by all the nations because of my name; and then shall many be stumbled, and they shall deliver up one another, and shall hate one another. ‘And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray; and because of the abounding of the lawlessness, the love of the many shall become cold; but he who did endure to the end, he shall be saved; and this good news of the reign shall be proclaimed in all the world, for a testimony to all the nations; and then shall the end arrive. ‘Whenever, therefore, ye may see the abomination of the desolation, that was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (whoever is reading let him observe) then those in Judea — let them flee to the mounts; he on the house-top — let him not come down to take up any thing out of his house; and he in the field — let him not turn back to take his garments. ‘And woe to those with child, and to those giving suck in those days; and pray ye that your flight may not be in winter, nor on a sabbath; for there shall be then great tribulation, such as was not from the beginning of the world till now, no, nor may be. And if those days were not shortened, no flesh would have been saved; but because of the chosen, shall those days be shortened. ‘Then if any one may say to you, Lo, here [is] the Christ! or here! ye may not believe; for there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and they shall give great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, also the chosen. Lo, I did tell you beforehand. ‘If therefore they may say to you, Lo, in the wilderness he is, ye may not go forth; lo, in the inner chambers, ye may not believe; for as the lightning doth come forth from the east, and doth appear unto the west, so shall be also the presence of the Son of Man; for wherever the carcase may be, there shall the eagles be gathered together. ‘And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken; and then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in the heaven; and then shall all the tribes of the earth smite the breast, and they shall see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of the heaven, with power and much glory; and he shall send his messengers with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his chosen from the four winds, from the ends of the heavens unto the ends thereof. ‘And from the fig-tree learn ye the simile: When already its branch may have become tender, and the leaves it may put forth, ye know that summer [is] nigh, so also ye, when ye may see all these, ye know that it is nigh — at the doors. Verily I say to you, this generation may not pass away till all these may come to pass. The heaven and the earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. ‘And concerning that day and the hour no one hath known — not even the messengers of the heavens — except my Father only; and as the days of Noah — so shall be also the presence of the Son of Man; for as they were, in the days before the flood, eating, and drinking, marrying, and giving in marriage, till the day Noah entered into the ark, and they did not know till the flood came and took all away; so shall be also the presence of the Son of Man. Then two men shall be in the field, the one is received, and the one is left; two women shall be grinding in the mill, one is received, and one is left. ‘Watch ye therefore, because ye have not known in what hour your Lord doth come; and this know, that if the master of the house had known in what watch the thief doth come, he had watched, and not suffered his house to be broken through; because of this also ye, become ye ready, because in what hour ye do not think, the Son of Man doth come. ‘Who, then, is the servant, faithful and wise, whom his Lord did set over his household, to give them the nourishment in season? Happy that servant, whom his Lord, having come, shall find doing so; verily I say to you, that over all his substance he will set him. ‘And, if that evil servant may say in his heart, My Lord doth delay to come, and may begin to beat the fellow-servants, and to eat and to drink with the drunken, the Lord of that servant will arrive in a day when he doth not expect, and in an hour of which he doth not know, and will cut him off, and his portion with the hypocrites will appoint; there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24‬:‭1‬-‭51‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ

The Middle of the Tribulation:
(Also Known As the "Middle of Daniel's 70th Week"):

The Beast Takes Jerusalem & The Temple Sacrifices Are Stopped:
(And the Gentile Nations Will Trod Down Upon the City for 42 Months):

Daniel 11:31a NIV

His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice.​

Daniel 12:11a NLT and Daniel 12:11b NLT

From the time the daily sacrifice is stopped... there will be 1,290 days.​

Revelation 11:2 NLT

The nations ... will trample the holy city for 42 months.​

Midpoint Day of the Tribulation:
(Continuation of the "Middle of Daniel's 70th Week"):

The Beast & the False Prophet Set Up the Abomination of Desolations in the Jewish Temple:

Revelation 13:14-15

They... make an image to the beast, that had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.​

Matthew 24:15-22

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand): Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.​

Mark 13:14-20

But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains: And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house: And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment. But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter. For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.​

Daniel 9:24-27

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.​

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ

full

24 "Seventy weeks [70 weeks] are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks [7 weeks], and threescore and two weeks [62 weeks]: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks [62 weeks] shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself [The Messiah is Jesus who is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the entire world]: and the people of the prince [the people of the prince of the power of the air, i.e. the devil - see: Ephesians 2:2] that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary [i.e., the Romans destroyed the Jewish temple in 70AD]; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he [The "he" is the "prince" of the people mentioned in verse 26] shall confirm the covenant with many for one week [make a treaty with the Jews and others in the final 7 years]: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease [this prince will stop the Jewish sacrifices in the temple], and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."
(Daniel 9:24-27).

After 7 weeks (49 days /49 years) = Temple Rebuilt (verse 25).

+ (Plus)

After 62 weeks = (a) Christ dying for our sins (b) 70AD Temple destruction.
(Verse 26).

(Gap of time or Age of Grace: The War (verse 26), or Spiritual Time of Battle for the Cause of Christ in Spreading the Gospel)

+ (Plus)

The last 1 week (7 days/7 years) = Tribulation period (verse 27).

7 + 62 + 1 = 70 Weeks.

This passage sets the backdrop or framework for Daniels 70 Week Prophecy (verse 24).

Side Note 1:

If you were to carefully look at the text, it states that there are things that happen in the gap like a.... "war" until the end. Also, Christ dies, and the temple is destroyed also within the gap of time that is not accounted for within the 70 weeks, as well. The text is actually saying that things are happening within the gap of the 69th week, and the 70th week.

Side Note 2:

The texts in brackets in blue and red in the Daniel 9 passage is my personal commentary on the text.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ

So the midpoint in last week in Daniel’s 70 Weeks shows that it is 1 week or 7 years.

#1. Half of “7 years” is “3 and a half years” (Midpoint of Tribulation - Abomination of Desolations - Olivet Discourse).​
#2. Three and a half years = 1,290 days. - (Which is the time the daily sacrifice is stopped, i.e. Abominations of Desolations - Midpoint of the week) (See: Daniel 12:11).​
#3. Three and a half years = 42 months - (Which is the amount of time whereby the nations will trample the holy city) (See: Revelation 11:2).​

The point here is that all of these numbers confirms the midpoint of the Tribulation is the Abomination of Desolations (Of which the Olivet Discourse talks about ).

If a person messes this time table, then they are confused on the timing of the events.

The Olivet Discourse (like Matthew 24, etcetera) is talking about the midpoint of Tribulation and not the end of the tribulation.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ

When Does the Day of the Lord or the Day of Wrath Begin?

We know that the Day of the Lord = the Day of Wrath.

Zephaniah 1:14-15

"The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,"

The Day of the Lord does not come at the sixth seal because we know that Joel talks about the sun, the blood moon are signs that come BEFORE the Day of the Lord.

"The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come."

Why is this important? Because the sixth seal is marked by the sun going dark, and the moon turning to blood.

Revelation 6:12

"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;"

Yet, the Day of the Lord is marked with signs BEFORE of the sun going dark, and the moon turning to blood.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Conclusion:

This means that those who cry out at the sixth seal that the "Great Day of His Wrath has come" are merely talking about it in a future sense (and how it is now about to arrive). So the Wrath begins at the breaking of the 1st Trumpet, when God pours out the major judgments that effect the world in a huge way. This happens at the Middle of the Tribulation (or in the Middle of Daniels’ 70th Week, i.e., the Abominations of Desolations - which is mentioned in the Olivet Discourse).